What's new

Nomaad OD:2010

haxi

Impressive nomaad !!
Congratulations :dance013:
Can't wait to see the blue dream bloom !

I wish you a nice flowering season !

Peace :rasta:

Joe's Garage

Lookin great nomaad...wish i could of gotten one of those blue dreams in a 200 but maybe next year:). So I was wondering how that mycostop has worked for you??? I just received 50 grams and im going to be applying as soon as it cools down... several plants in the ground have been losing branches to wilt over the last few weeks and thanks to you I think I was able to diagnose the problem (fusarium or pythium). I have a White Russian in a 200g smartpot that just started to wilt, but not just the bottom branches, the whole plant. No brown ring at the base but I sure hope that im not too late. A friend has already lost one...looks just like the pics of your SourD in the blackbox.

So how long did you wait to reapply? I have the Root Shield on order but wont get it till Friday. This is probably the most devistating problem ive ever seen

Anyways thanks again for the knowledge nomaad and Trinity, i just wish i would have been on top of this a while ago...

nomaad

Veteran
The MycoStop has seemed to work for me. No more losses in the dep and the vegging plants that had slowed down and were not growing in one spot (same area where I had found a dead branch earlier) have bounced back and gotten into stride. I feel like the nugs in the affected black boxes are on the thin side.... hoping they are just behind and not stunted...

I reapplied MycoStop as soon as the soil had dried out well from the first round. I also sprayed the base of the plant mightily.

We're not the only ones who suffered some losses. I have seen the same stuff all over the place.

plough

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to nomaad again."

jeers man i was gonna -rep u. just bcos. 4 being such a prick. haha!

...but seriously ... how much is one plant going to cost you, nomaad? or was more than one bed effected?

also seriously ... what are you feeding them? I think I heard you say you weren't using any teas. there's ur next upgrade.

Cannasseur

Everything looks great as always nomaad, I hope to one have a garden as tidy as your own. Until the day the laws change in my state.

You said you've encountered this problem with soil borne pathogens a few times as of late. From the sound of things, you have the privilege of visiting a multitude of outdoor gardens. According to the articles I've been reading, the use of compost teas (ACT specifically) as a soil drench can help improve resistance against soil borne pathogens like Fusarium. Just an inquiry, were any of the grows that you've visited using ACT noticing any resistance to these pathogens?

Edit: Since I've been hearing so much buzz about MycoStop, I delve into the matter abit myself. Looks pretty awesome I must say. I definitely will be making an order for next year. The label mentioned it has to be stored below 45˚F. Would it be safe to say that by making my order during the winter months, I could ensure a successful shipping?

Also when you inoculate with MycoStop, do you continue to make more applications throughout the season or one inoculation during the initial planting? Sorry for all the questions.

nomaad

Veteran
ust an inquiry, were any of the grows that you've visited using ACT noticing any resistance to these pathogens?

Yes. At least one location was using ACT.

Edit: Since I've been hearing so much buzz about MycoStop, I delve into the matter abit myself. Looks pretty awesome I must say. I definitely will be making an order for next year. The label mentioned it has to be stored below 45˚F. Would it be safe to say that by making my order during the winter months, I could ensure a successful shipping?

The only way I know of to ensure that your MycoStop is alive and kicking on arrival is by purchasing from an official distributor listed on the Verdera website. I used MGS Horticultural. They ship it in a cooler with ice and a barrier between ice and pouch so that it does not get too cold. I ordered one round from AgriculturalSoultions.com and it not only cam un-reefered in a manila envelope, but it was shipped on the Friday of 4th of July weekend, ensuring that it got fried at some point in transit. I'll never order it from them again. (again, thanks Trinity Gold for your guidance)

note: there are also other places that keep it on ice. One friend of mine got it at Water Planet in Arcata. also on TG's advice.

Also when you inoculate with MycoStop, do you continue to make more applications throughout the season or one inoculation during the initial planting? Sorry for all the questions.

I hit the garden with two doses in successive waterings with a good dry-out in between. I am probably going to hit the garden again in about a week... no signs of any more problems, but I'm taking no chances.

Your questions are always welcome here. I am always trying to make this thread a clearing house for information covering the most urgent in-the-moment issues facing ganja gardeners. I don;t mean to take on a paranoid sky-is-falling attitude about these issues, but as they come up throughout the season, its my intention to have a serious discussion of risks and solutions that any gardener can tap into when the need it.

Plough: I feed with Age Old Bloom, Molasses, Roots Trinity and I am doing some tests with AN Bud Candy and Green Planet's Massive and Finisher to see if I want to continue using them.

Last edited:

Sideways

Nomaad- Wouldn't the Mycostop, affect the mycorrhizae symbiosis between the root and plant,(as it is a natural fungicide) slowing down nutrient uptake/growth? Just thinking out loud.....

nomaad

Veteran
My understanding is that Mycostop is a specific streptomyces bacteria that specifically targets fusarium and pythium leaving your other microlife intact.

Considering that growth had slowed down in parts of the garden and then picked up immediately after the application of the MycoStop that had been shipped on ice, my feeling is that even if the microherd was impacted by the Mycostop, a net benefit was achieved. I have had the same thought and have been applying Mykos soluble mycorrhizae every four or five days in small amounts.

I have heard, however, that the trichoderma hazinarium found in Rootshield and 3rd Eye by 3D, will block mycorrhizae as well as pathogenic fungus from the roots. I haven't had a chance to look for a citation on this.

Another note on Rootshield/3rd Eye. 3D's product warns against use during flowering. So if you are going to use it, its now or never. I'm interested to know the reason behind the indication.

Sideways

My understanding is that Mycostop is a specific streptomyces bacteria that specifically targets fusarium and pythium leaving your other microlife intact.

Considering that growth had slowed down in parts of the garden and then picked up immediately after the application of the MycoStop that had been shipped on ice, my feeling is that even if the microherd was impacted by the Mycostop, a net benefit was achieved. I have had the same thought and have been applying Mykos soluble mycorrhizae every four or five days in small amounts.

I have heard, however, that the trichoderma hazinarium found in Rootshield and 3rd Eye by 3D, will block mycorrhizae as well as pathogenic fungus from the roots. I haven't had a chance to look for a citation on this.

Another note on Rootshield/3rd Eye. 3D's product warns against use during flowering. So if you are going to use it, its now or never. I'm interested to know the reason behind the indication.

AAAAAh veddy interesting. I have not had any problems with fusarium or pythium, but its good to know just in case. Glad the plants are looking betta.

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I ordered one round from AgriculturalSoultions.com and it not only cam un-reefered in a manila envelope, but it was shipped on the Friday of 4th of July weekend, ensuring that it got fried at some point in transit. I'll never order it from them again
do you mean agbio, the other listed distributor on the verdera website?

nomaad

Veteran
no. the first time i ordered it, i got it from agriculturalsolutions.com. and they shipped it in a manila envelope. from what i understand you should be able to trust anybody on Verdera's page. I can only vouch for MGS Horticultural.

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was just wondering why you would order it from Detroit instead of Colorado.
How much is it, roughly?

nomaad

Veteran
Trying to push some business to a depressed part of the country? Dunno. I don't think I followed the Verdera site to my original purchase. If I am not mistaken, I got my lead to MGS directly from Trinity Gold. I later looked at the Verdera site and noticed it had other distributors listed, so I now direct folks there.

I beleieve it was about 40$ per 5 grams.

LoneRasta

Greetings All,
Nomaad big respect for putting it down so hard, I’ve been lurking and learning over the past few weeks, and I have a few questions.

Respect to Trinity Gold, Plough, Humboldt Local, and all the others who’ve dropped so much knowledge.

I am working on Medical Green House grow in Northern, MI. This is my first green house grow. (Lots of other projects under my belt.) With our laws being new I must keep the lid on the house because of fly over’s, and I’d rather not be a test case. The sidewalls have been cut away and covered with weed block.

The house is 22’ x 24’ is packed to the gills, didn’t think they would get so big. I read about the root rot and mold you were dealing with. And low and behold I feel I have the same problem.
The weather has been hot and humid, with rain like ever other day. Temps in the house have been hard to keep below 85º
There are 20 plants in the ground; soil was amended with alpaca doo, sheep doo, perilite, etc. Growth has been steady and plants are starting to flower hard.
The plants are averaging about 9 ft tall with a few 14ft Lemon Skunks.
Don’t have the option of cutting any plants down because of my setup is poor man style all in one massive hole that’s been amended.
Funds are getting low on the project so I need to make smart decisions with how to treat my baby’s so I thought I’d consult the experts. Wondering about the Microstop and other products mentioned.
Need a strong finish so I can step my game up next year.
The plants that are having the most problems are my Pre98 Bubba from Socal, and DNA Genetics LA Confidential.
Leaves are yellowing on the bottom, some brown spots as well.
Thanks in Advance.
LR

Attachments

• DSC04465.JPG
    DSC04465.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC04466.JPG
    DSC04466.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC04467.JPG
    DSC04467.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC04472.JPG
    DSC04472.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 17

nomaad

Veteran
That leaf looks like its been eaten by jerusalem crickets or a small grasshopper. From what I understand, a real problem with this pest would look just like that, but widespread... possibly even defoliating large parts of plants or your whole garden if a swarm were to descend on it. I have a few leaves like that on each plant. Not worrying about it. It has been mentioned that its a bad year for these pests. Tom Hill opened my eyes to a product called Nolo Bait. Its something you'd spread all over the surrounding property and it would take 3 weeks to start affecting the population of crickets/grasshoppers... but if the damage isn't very widespread, it would seem to me that your population is pretty low... Nolo Bait will not help with a mass migration of this pest from elsewhere (think biblical locust attacks.) But that seems the least of your problems.

The wilting looks very similar to the problems I am seeing in gardens all over the place... including my own. I would hit them with Mycostop now and hard. I have seen the problems go away in my garden and plants that had slowed down and even stopped growing in a certain part of the plant, dead wilted branches here and there and a distinct droopiness has disappeared after applying Mycostop. Do you have any sliminess at the base of the plants with the droopy leaves?

Besides the MYcostop, with the crowding in your GH, I'd make sure that there is a lot of airflow and a lot of air exchange.... but you've probably got that all figured out in your battle to keep temps down.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your garden.