What's new

No On-Site Consumption Of Marijuana

green-genes77

Veteran
So, I am out the door in a few to take care of my patients' plants so I am likely reiterating prior comments, but here are my two centavos:

What you seem to be trying to do is shortcut the process (no pun intended) of weeding out bad employees from good. There are ways to do this, but virtually none of them involve setting up a construct of rules to do the work for you. While commendable, I would suggest that even with these strictures, people will defy your expectations in both good and bad ways.

What I mean to say is that the only way to get a good crew, and I speak from years and years of experience, is to try and hire the best people available and be ruthless about weeding out the chaff for the first few weeks.

Yes this seems like a waste of time and time=money for commercial guys, but it's actually more efficient than voluntarily ceding the majority of the cannabis worker community right off the bat.

I can tell you this: before I was a grower I ran trim scenes and before that I trimmed for years. You aren't going to get me to sit there for more than 6 hours if I can't fix my head. If you let me have my herb while I trim, I am yours for 12, 14 hours. The quality of work was always equivalent in either case.

This hypothetical rule is simply going to hamstring you right out of the gate, and at least where I live there is fierce competition for good trimmers nearly year-round, stoned or not.

U

usually

You're correct cbcool. This dude doesn't really know shit. I work 8 hours a day, 7 days a week, and I smoke weed everyday. With out it my chrons disease would be a mess, and I would probably kill people. Lol

He is talking about 2 different members posts in that post. You're reply/judgment is out of order.

8 hours a day 7 days a week isn't a legal working schedule.

U

usually

What I mean to say is that the only way to get a good crew, and I speak from years and years of experience, is to try and hire the best people available and be ruthless about weeding out the chaff for the first few weeks.

When its people you grew up with or family or randoms that live close thats a lot harder to do. Once you start ignoring the local people for the best people it creates tension.

This hypothetical rule is simply going to hamstring you right out of the gate, and at least where I live there is fierce competition for good trimmers nearly year-round, stoned or not.

You can get high enough to make it through the day before you go to work.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Let the guy rot.

They're obviously set in their ways and have no use for our advice. Move along, nothing but a troll to see here folks.

U

usually

Let the guy rot.

They're obviously set in their ways and have no use for our advice. Move along, nothing but a troll to see here folks.

Why did you switch from guy to they're? What you just said can be applied to both sides. Makes people dumb if you go around encouraging them to think that way.

If you cant discuss the difference between sober and high then just don't post and move on to another thread. Its that simple. No need for all the name calling.

U

usually

Usually is not a grower. Just a troll

You're first post was better then your last.

thats like saying you can breathe water, its just not true

Its like saying the average user should be able to make it through a work day.

Alot of the stuff you reflect on when you are high and come up with correct answers to fixing has expiration dates that you cant react to as fast when you are high. Fades your memories a lot faster when you smoke that much. Once you miss the point of an important conversation then it doesn't matter if you solved a problem or ignored it because the end result is the same.

Douglas.Curtis

Alot of the stuff you reflect on when you are high and come up with correct answers to fixing has expiration dates that you cant react to as fast when you are high. Fades your memories a lot faster when you smoke that much. Once you miss the point of an important conversation then it doesn't matter if you solved a problem or ignored it because the end result is the same.
See? Total ignorance, based on exposure to lazy stoners.

Can't see the forest for the trees.

U

usually

See? Total ignorance, based on exposure to lazy stoners.

Can't see the forest for the trees.

You mean exposure to motivated/responsible stoners? Adding positive and negative stuff to the term stoners doesn't help, same with adding in a 2nd comment each time.

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
8 hours a day 7 days a week isn't a legal working schedule.

It's illegal to work on your own business 8 hours a day 7 days a week?

Is this is the same type of logic you use for all arguments, because this is really, really narrow minded "reasoning".

U

usually

It's illegal to work on your own business 8 hours a day 7 days a week?

Is this is the same type of logic you use for all arguments, because this is really, really narrow minded "reasoning".

Thats not something you can pass on to other people consistently. Can you name some jobs where people work exactly those hours? I cant think of any. Reversing those numbers at other people in that way is disrespectful.

Its an accomplishment to have worked that much in a single week i guess but its not realistic to think its a permanent working schedule.

Douglas.Curtis

You mean exposure to motivated/responsible stoners? Adding positive and negative stuff to the term stoners doesn't help, same with adding in a 2nd comment each time.
No, as in exposure to successful people who also use cannabis. People who avoid being 'stoned' and use cannabis for various reasons other than escaping society. Here's a poor, yet extensive list to get you started

Tragic that your exposure to cannabis users has been the irresponsible type. You sound like an anti-cannabis commercial. Couldn't resist the money?

I'll also add in as many comments as I like, you're the one trolling. :)

U

usually

No, as in exposure to successful people who also use cannabis. People who avoid being 'stoned' and use cannabis for various reasons other than escaping society. Here's a poor, yet extensive list to get you started

Tragic that your exposure to cannabis users has been the irresponsible type. You sound like an anti-cannabis commercial. Couldn't resist the money?

I'll also add in as many comments as I like, you're the one trolling. :)

You don't have to be famous to be responsible/motivated/successful. Not sure why you think responsible and motivated doesn't = success. Success is kind of a snake oil term.

Chimera

Veteran
Thats not something you can pass on to other people consistently. Can you name some jobs where people work exactly those hours? I cant think of any. Reversing those numbers at other people in that way is disrespectful.

Its an accomplishment to have worked that much in a single week i guess but its not realistic to think its a permanent working schedule.

Are you under the mistaken impression that Hash Zeppellin stated somewhere that he was working for someone else?

He simply said he worked that often, you extrapolated to suit your agenda.. kinda like the rest of your bs arguments in this thread.

U

usually

Are you under the mistaken impression that Hash Zeppellin stated somewhere that he was working for someone else?

He simply said he worked that often, you extrapolated to suit your agenda.. kinda like the rest of your bs arguments in this thread.

What does that have to do with an impossible to keep schedule that he reversed? Doing it backwards is not as impressive as going forward with consistent information and being accurate. You have get back to the point of going forward after you do the backwards part.

There is nothing simple about saying you work 8hrs a day without ever taking days off thats a trap or a race, first time you take 1 day off its a lie. Im pretty sure he has taken a day off. Not many people are going to believe he has never taken a day off from his first job ever.

U

usually

...can someone just ban this fucking troll/tyrant?

That means you lost the debate we just had about words and how to use them. How am i tyrant ? Ive never even enforced that rule before. Is it because i talk louder then you?

I'll second that motion.

Hey usually? When u type the number 6 how does that make you feel?
Lavender?

Or you could just stop bumping the thread. Not sure why you added a 2nd part to that comment at the same time you are trying to use the word trolling. Pretty high dilution rate on that post.

Chimera

Veteran
... I work 8 hours a day, 7 days a week, and I smoke weed everyday...

usually, I placed the relevant quote above ^^.

Please show me where he said he never took a day off, or kindly put down the meth pipe - you are reading things that aren't there and your comprehension is suffering big time.