What's new

NIRVANA SEEDS FAN THREAD

A

arcticsun

you beat me to making this thread mate.

im in for the show if you dont mind. im a huge nirvana seed co fan.

todays contribution is nirvana hawaiian skunkXmauiwaui

ill be back with pics of nirvanas ak48 which i am very very pleased with.

greenlife27 said:
I've got killer cuts from a friend of nirvana's Afghan. Its got black greasy leaves with tight little buds. I thought the Aurora Indica was a great smoke but this afi pheno is nuts.

This is good to hear! I've read through this whole thread, and your the only person who has mentioned anything about Nirvana's Afghani. I ordered a pack of the afghani on 12/27/08 so it shouldn't be to long before they get here. i'll be popping the afghani's as soon as i finish up my SSH...i'll definately make sure to drop by this thread cause it could use ALOT more info on the afghani. Anyone else have any info/pics of the afghani???

-peace

rooted

nice pics everyone :yes: some nirvana strains are hit and miss. most nirvana gear is way more hit than miss :D

i had bad luck with maroc x afghan....although the smell/flavor was pure grape candy the one female i ended up with didn't have a growth pattern suitable for indoor growing IMO

my favorites were white rhino and bubblicious, the rhino was more potent, but variety is the spice of life :D both were heavily covered in trichs

all my bubblicious females yielded very well, got over 9oz off one plant in 4 gal. of coco/perlite

the super skunk was a nice yielder with great flavor (black licorice/skunks butt) but the high was short lived and it was very vulnerable to pests. the mites would flock to it while ignoring other strains :confused:

master kush had a real nice flavor and tight nuggets, but didn't pack the punch i was hoping and with an average yield so i let her go.

i have decent pics of all ^ this somewhere i'll try to round them up

keep sharing guys, great info here about some great strains. :yes: :wave:

M

Movintarget

Ice aroma & Bud structure

Ice aroma & Bud structure

For you ice growers out there..when did you find the best time to harvest was? half cloudy/half amber?

burninheavy420....This is my first grow of Nirvana's Ice. I'm at day 62, and have mostly cloudy. I'm waiting for at least a 50-50 mix. I do have a question. What smell/aroma do you get when you pinch a bud? One more if you please, What type of bud structure does your Ice have?
Thanks & harvest well

Last edited:
good to see someone else is growin Ice..i must say the smell is not very strong and it's hard to describe.. What bout u? I didn't top my girl or nothin so it's mainly a single cola w/very little branching..The internodes are pretty tight too.. My girl is about a day behind yours w/ coludy trichs so the time is comin soon..Hopin for a great smoke!

C

Classyathome

I will be starting a 6 strain grow soon - 2 of them are Nirvana (Jock Horror and Ice).

Putting the beans in end of Feb. - perfect greenhouse space for 6 weeks, then 2 of each under 400w hps 12/12, 1 under cfls 18/6 in Mom box.

I haven't grown either of these Nirvana strains - but most of the others I have were great.

M

Movintarget

good to see someone else is growin Ice..i must say the smell is not very strong and it's hard to describe.. What bout u? I didn't top my girl or nothin so it's mainly a single cola w/very little branching..The internodes are pretty tight too.. My girl is about a day behind yours w/ coludy trichs so the time is comin soon..Hopin for a great smoke!

Out of the 6 pack special from Seedbay, Ice & Blue Mystic have been disappointments. I had 1 out of 8 germ (Ice), and luckily it was a female. As you can tell by the pic, I goofed somehow and the leaves have been yellow ever since. The buds are covered in trichs, but they are small. When I I squeezed one of the buds to get a whiff, I immediately thought of an old yellow book (go figure) kinda of musky. I haven't even tried a sample yet, so I'll be interesting. I'm sure that 1 seed is not a representative of the hybrid. The Blue Mystic, never did turn blue. I keep my temps in the 70f-75f zone, so I'm not sure if that was why no blue.The end buds, will get huge if you trim the side bud sites leading up to the bud. I took mine to week 9 to get the amber trichs. I'm very pleased with Jock Horror. My first 2 seeds to germ were both females and different phenos to boot. Pheno #2 has light colored leaves and dense hard buds, that are mass covered in trichs. I took a few branches at day 63, the trichs were clear to cloudy. I'm still waiting for amber to appear. Pheno # 1 has darker green leaves, and grows bigger buds without any side trimming, although side trimming would aid in extra growth to the end bud. a few pics
Nirvana's Ice
picture.php

Jock Horror Pheno 1 & 2
picture.php

Nirvana's Citral
picture.php

I'll do a Grow and smoke report on all the 6. Stay safe harvest well

topwater

Hey I got a dumbass/newbie question, if someone doesn't mind. Do you all have these seeds sent straight to your grow location or what? Ever had any problems? (ok 2) I have a few grows under my belt now, and am ready to move on to some of these fabuloso strains I'm seeing here! Kudos to everyone who has posted pics, they ALL look great!
Cheers,

MovinTarget..sorry to hear about those seeds..The seed I planted was over two years old and it came out nice..I don't think I am gonna take mine to 50/50 but definitely some amber...If Im able to get some dry shots up I will. burn one

M

Movintarget

MovinTarget..sorry to hear about those seeds..The seed I planted was over two years old and it came out nice..I don't think I am gonna take mine to 50/50 but definitely some amber...If Im able to get some dry shots up I will. burn one

Thanks man, Cool that you had a aged seed that was still viable. Yeah the Ice I have is at day 4 of flushing, she'll get cut this weekend. The aroma when pinched kinda reminds me of Sam the Skunkman's Thai Haze x SK1. I thought maybe that I had a Haze pheno, but when I looked at the breeders description, I didn't see any Haze listed. Cool, as soon as I have a dry shot I'll post also.
Stay safe & harvest well

M

Movintarget

That is a beautiful Citral!!!! thank-you for sharing :)

Thanks,
Citral is an ease to grow. You'll have to take her 70+ to get amber and thicker buds. From the samples, there is a lemon smell and taste and the yield is nice also.

rooted

Hey I got a dumbass/newbie question, if someone doesn't mind. Do you all have these seeds sent straight to your grow location or what? Ever had any problems? (ok 2) I have a few grows under my belt now, and am ready to move on to some of these fabuloso strains I'm seeing here! Kudos to everyone who has posted pics, they ALL look great!
Cheers,

PLEASE DO NOT ship seeds to your grow location. use a safe address (friend/family member you trust)

L

LolaGal

Currently trying NL5/Haze, California Orange Bud, and White Rhino.

The NL5Haze is strictly indica looking.
The Rhino is hardy, robust.
COB has had problems since germing.... Long tall skinny stems with no side growth and big tops.

Of course all are from Nirvana. Flipped em a week ago.

Good to see a thread on Nirvana seeds. I have two bubblelicious, one ak48 and a freebie Sam skunkman skunk x haze, not thai. the cross appears and is growing like a sativa plant, which is a problem in my limited grow space. Question, at day 42 of 12/12, the indica plants have clear trichs, I believe they are 8-10 week to maturity, the sativa is way behind, looks like 12 weeks at least to maturity. Anyone else ever grow the Sam the Skunkman Skunk x haze and if so, how long on under 12/12 to harvest, does 12 weeks sound reasonable or longer? Using 600w hps, with supplemental cfl's for the perimeter and under bud. Thanks

nirvan rocks we all know it i am on my 7th run with nirvana seeds I have so many now i have virtualy a nirvan genetic library to horse a round with for fun