What's new

Nirvana AK48 - 210W CFL Grow

virago420

Thanks. I did electric for 3 years and I plan on this being my last cab build for a while so I want to make sure and do it right the first time. Im thinking about running 156W of CFL's in the veg chamber, independently cooled. Anyone have any opinions on this? Im having everything independently cooled because I want to do away with having to run AC everyday like Im having to do now. Ill run it if I have to but I would love to not have to. Peace

Quazi

Cab's lookin' clean already. I can't wait to see the finished result.

Keep up the good work!

-Q :rasta:

virago420

Thanks guys. Ive been really busy lately so not much has happened. But here is where I am with the build right now.

picture.php

picture.php

More to come I promise! Peace

roboto212

looking real nice! I wanted to build a cab like that but I will just maintain a seperate veg/clone/momma chamber or something.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Looks extremely neat and awesome. Props. Are those angle brackets just for support or are they all that's holding it together?

virago420

Looks extremely neat and awesome. Props. Are those angle brackets just for support or are they all that's holding it together?

I basicaly just used them for the actual assembly process. The back panel will have screws every 6" or so. As well as screws securing the shelf to the divider and the divider to the cab. It was just easier to do because I'm building the cab with zero help.

Thanks roboto212! Thats what Ive been doing up until I started building this cab. I have a dedicated room for growing but want it to be ALOT neater so I can use the room for a game room of sorts. Right now if you walk in there its all to obvious whats going on. Which is fine, I'm the only one that goes in there, but I want a bit more stealth.

Not much progress has been made lately because Ive been pretty busy. Ill update when theres been some significant progress. Peace

cabs looking real clean man! I just wanted to say that my partner has ngb style, his flower cab about 30 wide x 20 deep x and 36 tall w/ a 400w 6'' air cooled vented to the attic and it runs at like 72 degrees. and it groes nice compact plants that dont stretch and you dont have to move the light. its fixed to the top and does a great job even if plants are over a foot away. real nice light penetration. you should go w/ the 400 =)

virago420

Haha thanks stealthcabber. I actually did decide to go with the 400W, I shouldnt have any problem cooling it. The cooltube will be cooled with two 4" high velocity fans and the veg lighting will be cooled the same way. If I do run into temp problems I will just run my AC. One of my reasons for choosing the 400W is because its the same price as the 250, and secondly if and when I choose to upgrade, I can do alot more with the 400. Stay tuned its going to get interesting. Peace

virago420

Heres a pre-update update :joint:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Any predictions as to what I might yeild? Im thinking ill have no problems with 2 oz. Peace

virago420

End of week 7 flower

End of week 7 flower

Ok folks one more week to go. I checked the trichs today and all plants have some amber trichs. Ill let them go to day 55, that will give me almost 2 weeks of flush, 13 days.

picture.php

Plant 1

picture.php

Plant 2

picture.php

Plant 3

Couple budshots
picture.php

picture.php

Couple Macros
picture.php

picture.php

Ill post pics one more time before the chop and then Ill post up pics of dried bud and a total dry weight. Peace

C

cork144

looking so good, giving me confidence in picking up afew packs of nirvana strains.

virago420

I have never heard anything bad about nirvana strains. I have 4 of them myself, AK48, White Widow, Bubblelicious, and PPP. I have alot of friends that grow Nirvana strains too. The price is right and the genetics are very good. And some folks manage to find prized phenos that are extremely good. I would recommend Nirvana to anybody looking for good genetics at good prices. Peace

virago420

Heres a couple of pics from my mini harvest last night. These are some of the smallest buds on my plants that were receiving the least amount of light.

picture.php

picture.php

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
Those look like some prime nuggetry . Dont forget to get a dry weight if you dont "sample" too much ;).

Box 2 is coming along nicely. I see u decided to go with 400w for sure.Have you ever thought about those water cooled hoods?

Lastly how is that PPP from nirvana? Currently they are freebees from the bay, so have 5 of them collecting dust.

virago420

Fuzz420: Thanks for stopping by bro. I sampled one small branch last week that got me totally wasted for a couple days. I got two joints out of it but I smoked everything from it. The sugar trim and the bud, that small branch wouldnt have weighed much. I wont be smoking anymore until its all had a good cure so I will definately post up dry weight when everything has been harvested and dried. I got the PPP as freebies from seedboutique and mine are also just collecting dust right now. I have 4 White widow seedlings going and I think 3 Bubblelicious, one seed didnt sprout. But from what I have read the high is good but the taste isnt the best. Supposed to be a descent yielder though. I actually have never even heard of a water cooled hood, Ill look into it.

Leviathan: Thanks for the props bro.

Thanks for watching the grow everyone! Peace