What's new

Nirvana AK48 - 210W CFL Grow

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
wow wow wow thouse r some very nice looken buds and a very nice looken pipe.

I so want to get me a pipe like that.

virago420

#1cheesebuds - Thanks man! The pipe was only $21, Im going to have to build a collection of glass.

apples - haha yeah man thats my wifes rolling tray. Thanks for the props bro

Tripsick - The taste is great man, very fruity and EXTREMELY smooth. Not harsh what so ever. Ive never personally smoked AK47 so I cant compare them sorry.

Ill see about doing a smoke report later today, Ive never done one and I'm not very good about being descriptive so Ill have the wife help with it, lol. Needless to say though this stuff is VERY potent and tastes great. If one was to sit down and try to smoke all of what was on that tray they would be completely unable to function, possibly unconscious :laughing: Peace

virago420

Final weight

Final weight

Whats up folks? Well the final numbers are in for my first grow, it came out to 77 grams or 2.39 oz. Not the best but considering I was hoping for 2 oz I'm definately satisfied with my first grow :joint:. Now heres a couple of pics,

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks for following along! Peace

grouchy

Hows that NGB cab coming along? Are you planning on posting a separate thread for it? Had a couple questions and ideas and I didn't know if I should hold onto them or ask in here.

virago420

Progress has come to a standstill at the time being due to lack of funds. But I expect to be moving along with it soon. Feel free to post up whatever ideas/questions you might have dude. Peace

grouchy

Just wondering how you were planning your ventilation between rooms? Have you looked into a 400w CMH along with the HPS? They run on the same ballast as long as it is the magnetic and not digital. They run a little cooler and it is said they can cut down on veg time as well. Your last grow looked amazing and I can only imagine what you could do with more wattage. Too bad there is no Game Genie code for unlimited funds.

virago420

Your not the first person to tell me about those bulbs so I guess I really should look into them. Do you have a link to that thread? The plan for ventilation from veg to flower is going to be from 4 to 6 1" PVC pipes with elbows, spaced properly so the whole box gets vented. Thanks for bumping the thread and getting me thinking about the box again. There is things I could be doing with my limited funding instead of sitting on my ass. Discussion is a good motivator, maybe I will look into tackling this very ventilation issue tomorrow. Keep the ideas coming. Peace

grouchy

CMH Thread - http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=72215

This will take a LONG time to get through. 194 pages of info.

Is that going to be enough ventilation from one room to the other? 4 1" pipes do not equal one 4" pipe in surface area. With two 4 inch fans you will need four 4" holes in between the rooms to not restrict the airflow. With a 400w bulb in there you will need the airflow to run as smooth as possible.

I would look into running one fan for a cooltube with its own intake and exhaust and one fan to vent the rest of the cab through a carbon scrubber. Try using one 4" passive intake into the veg room and one 4" passive intake into the flower room and then connecting the two rooms with one 4" intake. This would allow you to pull half of your flower room air from outside the cab and the other half would come from the veg area. You could then vent the flower room to the utility room with two 4" holes.

This all makes sense in my head and I hope I am conveying it clearly. I used a similar design on my cab if you need pics to go with my ramblings.

virago420

I get what your saying just fine. The light will be in a cooltube with 2 4" fans, one blowing in one exhausting. The box itself will be cooled with a stanley blower fan pulling through a scrubber. Veg lights are also independently cooled. Im going to use 6 1" pvc pipes probably. If its not enough Ill add more but it should be just fine I think. Only time will tell. Thanks for the link. Peace

Edit: Intake will probably be a square hole cut into the back of the veg cab. It will probably end up being a little more than double the size of the exhaust

virago420

Thanks #1cheesebuds. The smoke is simply amazing. Super fruity and potent and not harsh at all. Yeah its going to be a big improvement over the old cab, but ill still be running it for a micro SOG perpetual. Ive just come to terms with the fact that 2.5oz isnt going to last the wife a full 2 months before I harvest again. With this box I should have no problem keeping up with her lungs needs, lol. Peace

virago420

Yeah Ive got another round in the flower box. Some White Widow and Bubblelicious and an AK48 clone. There isnt much to look at yet. The WW and bubb are only about 2 weeks old but I have them in the flower box to be sexed. Ill throw up some pics tomorrow, too lazy to do it right now haha. I bought the 1" PVC today for the ventilation but I wont be able to get the elbows until tomorrow, had to order some. Hopefully I will be able to get some ventilation done on the new box tomorrow. Peace

I2KanGrow

WOW - Congrats Verago420, that's a great 1st. grow, and those budz....:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: FIRST CLASS!!!

Hella THC

Yeah Ive got another round in the flower box. Some White Widow and Bubblelicious and an AK48 clone. There isnt much to look at yet. The WW and bubb are only about 2 weeks old but I have them in the flower box to be sexed. Ill throw up some pics tomorrow, too lazy to do it right now haha. I bought the 1" PVC today for the ventilation but I wont be able to get the elbows until tomorrow, had to order some. Hopefully I will be able to get some ventilation done on the new box tomorrow. Peace

Did you clone them and are sexing the clones Or is it possible to sex your young plants and then quickly throw them back into a veg light cycle?