What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

~NGB Micro Cab 175/150w MH/HPS - Durban Poison, Skunk #1, Fat Skunk, Secret~

Flower Week 6 and 1 Day

Flower Week 6 and 1 Day

Stevr - Good to hear your doing better. Too bad you had to go to the ER and not the regular doc. But at least you know it's an infection and hopefully some anti-biotics or something will help you out. Good luck on the recoop! Make it quick!

Everyone else Watching!

Hey check this shit out. I'm a little confused though as to why nearly half the plant has a lot of red hairs and the other half is completely white. Anyhow - here are the pics.

Ok guys. So this wednesday makes week 7. I will be starting my flush that day. It's all lookin real nice, fat, frosty, and sticky. Pics on wednesday.

Flower Week 7

Flower Week 7

Here are the latest pics. It's confusing to me why some of the buds have completely red hairs and some are still bright white. The main trunk split in half at like 4 weeks flower - I think that may have had something to do with it but I really don't know for sure. I'll see if I can look at some trichs from some of the more matture buds and some of the less to see if they really are at different development stages or not. Any ideas people?

Last edited:

stevr59

man they are looking so yummy i can taste em from here nice work dp i am still not smoking any thing till i find out next week where i stand from what i have read so far mj is not good if you have a heart problem but i could be wrong but man it sure feel good to be in my own home lol now i got to play catch up on all the threads i missed but other than that them buds looks great

Thanks man. Good to have you back too. I've already started flushing them so by the time harvest comes within the next week or so, all the nutes should have passed completely thru providing a very nice smoke.

I'm really happy to see how thick and chunky she's gotten as my past run with the parents of this girl looked a lot more airy and spaced out. Here's some old pics:

Thanks for the compliments H&L. More pics on the way next wednesday on my 'weekly update.' Quite possibly harvest day too, but not certain yet. The pistils all seem to have their own idea as to when they're ripe so I'll have to take a closer inspection with the microscope to get an idea of how many amber trichs are popping up.

stevr59

they look close to being ready to me be glad to see what your net yield is looks like at lest a oz to me. hey i all so got some new recharge batteries for x-mas and they been working great so far so next grow i will be able to take plenty of pictures. soon as i get my health back and a job i will start a new run but this time i am getting some new nutes i may be wrong but i think all my nutes went bad on me seems the more i used it the worse each grow got or may be its user error lol who know i may try pbp and see how that does

Man look at the difference in growth with PBP hydro vs soil when you compare my old crop to this latest one. I really don't think you can go wrong. And if you get the same products I've got, I can set you up with a great recipe I've developed that has really caused her to put on a lot of resin and frost.

I'm pretty confident there's at least an oz. there. I was guestimating maybe 2oz since I vegged her out a long while, maybe even more, but then again - I am typically a wishful thinker. =) Anyhow - keep us posted man!

Pure Haze Update

Pure Haze Update

DurbanPoison said:
Also here's a pic of my temporary grow. This is strictly just for the process of selection. I'm going to try and pick a healthy male and then my favorite female. We'll see what happens. (Crossing fingers on that purple pheno'd 'Pure Haze: Tom Hill') I got impatient and dug them all up just a tiny bit without disturbing the beans and 9/10 have germed so far so that's good.

This was forever ago that I posted this pic. Here's an update on those haze using that kitchen floro light setup. It's a pretty high quality box. I call it - the standing cardboard special. Surprisingly - it's not that bad. And I'm doin it lazy style just using some good fox farm ocean forest soil with a bit of extra perlite (10% approx).

Last edited:

stevr59

lol that bring back old memory's from way back in the early 70s i had a set up like that but i never got my babys to look that good

LOL. Yeah I was in for a pleasant surprise. I didn't think the kitchen floro light setup was going to be productive, but I guess since I have left them on 24/0 lighting from seed it seems to be working out just fine. One of them (which I'm guessing a male) has outgrown the rest by like 3". So if I am lucky enough to have it end up female then she is going to be my mommy. I also have another 175MH bulb/ballast that I am trying to find the time to add to the mix to really make 'em explode. I'm sure the reason they're so tall and lanky is due to the 'barely enough' light situation but we'll see what happens. I just need to hurry up and make a choice once they start to show sex because I'll be moving out pretty soon.

8 Weeks 1 Day Flower

8 Weeks 1 Day Flower

I love the purple hue in the leaves. I think it's going to get even better. I've decided to let her run another week as the tops of the main colas still are pretty white with barely any red. Though most of the plant outside of that seems to have mattured at this point. I've been cutting real small popcorn samples here and there. It's just the high I love.

stevr59

SWEET,WATCH EM THERE GETTING CLOSE NOW THE STIGMAS ARE STARTING TO WILT YOU MAY HAVE ONE MORE WEEK TO GO ,HOW THE TRICS LOOKING ARE THEY CLOUDY WITH SOME AMBERS? HOW THE HIGH ? DAM I WANT SOME LOL

Man i know! I'm excited as shit. The leaves have turned such a dark purple it almost looks black! I think I will cross her with my haze once the time comes.

This is the first time I've seen this genetic as it's the first fully grown out f2 from my original [durban poison x skunk#1] and it appears to have taken on the best of both worlds. Glad I took a couple of clones.

I'll have to take a trich sample today and take a look under the microscope. I too think she's just about done. I'm guessing within the next 2-4 days just judging by the pistils.

But as far as the high goes - it's near perfect IMO. No paranoia was the first thing I noticed. The smoke (even though I haven't been smoking dry stuff because the popcrorn I only let dry 1-2 days) has been very smoothe. Can't wait to see what cured is like. The high is very neutral. It doesn't lean sativa or indica. Just right in the middle. I feel like that makes a very versatile smoke. Depending on the mood your in - it does whatever you want. I'm very pleased with her. I'll make an official smoke report of her after she's completely dried and cured.

Holy crap DP, your buds are swellin, are you gellin? :biglaugh:

I hope my lady gets thick like yours mate.

Just one question:

do I see an intake on the top of your rez??????

Last edited:
SensiMilla024 - Thanks for the props man. Hell yea I'm gellin! LOL. I wish you luck with your lady.

Do you see an intake on the top of my res? Sadly no... Those are just 90° 2" PVC elbows sitting on top of my rubbermaid tub lid. I used to have Black circles of construction paper around the base of each plant's stalk, but after all the growth and changes made and sexing, I ended up moving the plants and left with 3 uncovered holes. I tried leaving the black paper on top of the holes to prevent light from entering, but eventually mould built up or something on the papers so I threw them away. The diffusers I am using are making some big bubbles which I guess is a good thing to provide more oxygen to the roots. Anyhow - the pvc is just a makeshift way of preventing light from getting in. I'll be using something more permanent next round for sure but my res temps never break 70°F as I keep my cab in a very cool place and live in a relatively cool climate.

The harvest pics should come tomorrow so stay tuned everyone!

Harvest Day - The Moment We've Been Waiting For

Harvest Day - The Moment We've Been Waiting For

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Here's all the pics from the harvest. Anyone care to take a guess at the dry weight? The bud on the very top left measured 22 grams.

That's right folks. 1 Plant :yoinks: :lurk: :joint:

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
wow DP, thats the wierdest stem to root shot I've seen. Nice haul, well done. Just gotto wait for the haze now, shouldnt be too long lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts