What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NGB Connoisseur Cab

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
Red Eye said:
Hey where did you buy that activated charcoal? How much was it?

Really nice cab you got goin on there. Almost wish i had made a cab of my own. Instead i have Hydrohut deluxe, 4x8x7, which is freakin HUGE. I have the space but its not stealthy at all and needs its own room. Its a tradeoff, thats working for now anyways.

any good fish stor will carry it. It's about 5 bucks. It takes two containers to fill my filter.

Last edited:
G

you mention not to buy the freshwater carbon. does it fail to filter as well? i never seem to get adequate odor removal with my wallyworld stuff...

waydee

This is really great, i'd love to set up something similar... I just like how everything is together in one cabinet. 200g a harvest sounds amazing, its time for an upgrade I think.

I think I might start collecting parts :) great job k+

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
irishSoCo said:
you mention not to buy the freshwater carbon. does it fail to filter as well? i never seem to get adequate odor removal with my wallyworld stuff...

The fresh water carbon does work it just doesen't work for very long and the grains of carbon are much bigger and not all the same kind of carbon. I noticed a chang in carbon quality about a month into it. with the active carbon I show in my pic I can get 2 months or 1 full grow in without smelling a thing. I'm sitting right next to it right now and .... nothing.. :muahaha:

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
waydee said:
This is really great, i'd love to set up something similar... I just like how everything is together in one cabinet. 200g a harvest sounds amazing, its time for an upgrade I think.

Last edited:

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
waydee said:

I think I might start collecting parts :) great job k+

Thats just what I did. I new I would be building one in the future and started to collect parts asap. It took about $1200 to finish it with all the equipment upgrades and about 40 hours of work involved. When I started building it I would work all day come home do the family thing and when it got dark and no one was to be coming over thats when my work began. I worked almost all night maby getting 2 to 3 houres of sleep a day for about 5 days....maby 6. I don't know its kind of a blured memory.
I think anyone setting up a micro grow should use the basic elements in the design of this grow cab. to build one. There very self sufficiant and can pump the pot out! That's what were all here for now isn't it?? My goal is 250 grams once my hydro system is in place. With cannabis once I start, I can't stop.

I'll tell you one thing for shure. It was well worth the work and loss of sleep. Do it again in a heartbeat. Most people call it an obsession. I would agree :joint:

Last edited:

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
I still neet to paint it. I used water sealer on it first and i'm not to use paint for about thirty days. I think before next grow i'll do it.

1toke

Thanks for posting some more pics Conno300. very good info.

I agree with the obsession comment as well, I have only started building my cab and am already hooked..

fun stuff.. Good luck man, and thanks again for the information.

NOKUY

Veteran
found your thread bro :wave:

sick cab! (Amazingly similar to mine)

I cant believe more people dont run these things.

I love the vortex fans I runa 6'' Vortex (449 cfm) in my closet w/ 600 watts HPS....and the same speed controler.

my cabinet uses a 165 cfm squirrel cage w/ the same 300 watts HPS...it works perfect

keep us posted on the grow :wave:

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
doobieman2259 said:
I like the grow cab how long did it take you to build it

It took about a week full time (40 hours) to get to the point that this pic shows below and a couple of hours to finish it off the next day. The doors, carbon filter reflecter, bubbler system and screen were made within the same week also.

Last edited:

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
NOKUY said:
found your thread bro :wave:

sick cab! (Amazingly similar to mine)

I cant believe more people dont run these things.

I love the vortex fans I runa 6'' Vortex (449 cfm) in my closet w/ 600 watts HPS....and the same speed controler.

my cabinet uses a 165 cfm squirrel cage w/ the same 300 watts HPS...it works perfect

keep us posted on the grow :wave:

So glad you could stop in. How's it smokin?

More people should run these things. The simplicity it takes is sick.

It's kinda funny how you were growing in a cab like mine first and moved to a closet with a 600 because I started in a closet with a 600 then ended up with a cab. 449 cfm should be enough to do any closet with a 600 or a K. I had a 265 cfm in my closet and it worked great. (4x4x8) closet. my largest harvest was off bubbliscious. 19 oz is what I got off a 600

And for keeping every one posted, here we go with a little mother room check up.

This first pic is of the Dreamweaver x God Bud Mom who is just starting to take off after being topped to 3 shoots for bonsi.

The second shot is of the DWxGB mom with all her new roots. Their atleast 3 to 4 feet long. now thats cool.

This last shot is of my Kalimist clone I had to save. I was able to top her a couple of days ago and stick her in the bubble cloner with the blueberry.

Last edited:

PDO

stumbled upon your thread and glad i did! beatifully done, down right purty my comrade. keep us updaed

peace
pdo

nice cab i just built a cab similar to this its 42w X 24d X 48t with a 24 X 24 x 48 flower with a 400hps 250cfm fan for the light and 160cfm fan exhausting the cab with 64cfm intake and the veg is 12 X 34 X 30 with 150w of 6500k CFLs with 64 cfm intake exhausting through the flower chamber i don't know why more people don't use NGBs stealth and efficient

Connoisseur300

Smoke it if ya got it!!
Veteran
organicmunk said:
nice cab i just built a cab similar to this its 42w X 24d X 48t with a 24 X 24 x 48 flower with a 400hps 250cfm fan for the light and 160cfm fan exhausting the cab with 64cfm intake and the veg is 12 X 34 X 30 with 150w of 6500k CFLs with 64 cfm intake exhausting through the flower chamber i don't know why more people don't use NGBs stealth and efficient

sound like a good cab. we would all like to see it so if you had some pics that would be great. You should get quite a larg yield with a 400. How is the heat in your cab with your intake being smaller than the exhaust?
The heat in my cab gets to be alittle much during the summer when ambient temps are at 80 because that puts me over 85. I also have the choice to turn one lamp on and keep one off in the summer so I can sqeeze a couple of grows in during the summer. It's kinda neat because when I had my room i would rotate my plants and in the summer now I can rotate my bulbs and use my 150 watts more efficiently.

Last edited: