What's new

NFL FOOTBALL 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Storm Shadow, Heard about that shit last night and to be honest I am not shocked...coming out of the draft a lot of teams didn't like his character, also he was at ESPN a couple years back I think before the draft so 4 years ago or so and friend I knew who worked their said he was the biggest dick head ever....I never personally met him but my buddy didn't have a reason to lie....I doubt he'll miss any playing time, I am sure his lawyer will just push that shit back til weeks after the superbowl....

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
NE by 7.5... Yeah, I think it'll be closer than that. Or Baltimore wins outright, which they've got better than a decent shot to do. These teams play each other tough.
Brady is the modern day Joe Montana, and the Pats the dynasty of the 00's, like the Niners were back in the 80's-early 90's. That Brady is 0-2 in the Superbowl after going 3-0 is somewhat worrisome but doesnt detract from the fact that he made it to the championship five times (most people are lucky to go once). Plus, it might be just statistical balancing; after having good luck to win 3 titles, they had some bad luck in the last 2 title games (specifically, Eli pulling plays out of his arse - it was hard to watch him at times this season and believe he's won 2 superbowls. Now i know why he puts so much emphasis on forgetting the last play/game and focusing on the next one).
But if Brady and Belichick win another 1 or 2 titles, those losses to the Giants become a footnote, not a legacy, and no one can deny their historical greatness.
Flacco tends to play better in the playoffs than the regular season, the NE defense still doesnt scare anybody, Baltimore has the Ray Lewis Brother Love farewell tour, I'll take the Ravens...

ATL and SF, as great as SF looked last week, the Falcons were actually coached to defend the read option with Russell Wilson. Instead of having their ends crashing, they stayed home and were able to cut off those outside running lanes.
Now, Wilson's a good QB, but he's no Kaepernick when it comes to running. Kaepernick's faster and stronger, Wilson's a better slider.
Of Kaepernick's 181 yds, all but 4 or 5 came untouched, so it's not like he broke 2-3 tackles every time to make those long runs.
Simply by keeping guys in contain, I think Atlanta can keep him from slicing them up the way he did the Packers. He'll get his yards, im thinking 60-80. And Gore will get his. And Crabtree.
But I think Atlanta will be competitive, and Turner looked 5 years younger last week against an equally dominant defense, the Seahawks. The o-line blocked well, the defense did well until going soft in the 4th quarter, maybe Matty-ice has gotten over the hump by winning his first playoff game and he continues to lead his team to victory.
So im taking Atlanta.

H

Homer J Pimpin

Kape is wise beyond his years......and while I allways liked Alex Smith and think he should be given a legitimate shot I doubt the 9ers let him go.....I said the same thing Otto when they made the switch said I did not like the treatment of Smith but Harbaugh knows what he's doing.......I believe it's fair to say he does.....And hey you guy's ever hear of the rookie qb who came in in week 2 of the 04 season and win every game he started until he got beat by Brady in the divisional round......Then as a second year player and full time starter who was supposed to have a sophmore slump he won 3 playoff road games and a Superbowl.....even though the best pass thrown in that super bowl came from Antwone Randle El......I believe that without that 2nd yr qb they wouldn't of won.......So I think Kaep and the niners go into ATL for a cup of coffee on their way to the dance....

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
After my 49rs OWN Atlanta I will be celebrating with some of this.....

picture.php

NEW ENGLAND

ICMag Donor
Veteran
PATS + 10,Todays the day thier "D" does thier job! Wilfork's gonna flush flacco
out.Turnovers will make the difference today.

azez

Veteran
no Niners

no Niners

no Niners
Got train wreck oil in my pen
Star dog in my bowl
Peace
Ez

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Go Patriots!!! Peace

My thoughts exactly.

Have to admit, more than a few, ESPN dudes are picking Baltimore.

Bittersweet really, I'm obviously rooting for the Pats, but will be sad to see Ray Lewis retire.

Been one of my favorite players, since he came into the league.

Was privileged to witness his whole career.

One of the best ever. :respect:

Status
Not open for further replies.