What's new

NFL FOOTBALL 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Homer J Pimpin

on Teabow....really the only time I've seen him play a whole game was last years wild card round......and the guy was scrappy and tough and would not quit......he threw the ball poorly for 4 quaters and then on the 1st play of ot......he let rip a beautiful perfect pass that knocked my steelers out of the play off's....The guy has some in tangables that I think merrit him a real shot.....but at the same time I saw him throw some ducks that would make you cringe and scratch your head......He's been treated pretty poorly by the nfl......and still keeps his poise,thats classy to me and I respect him for it.

johnipedestran

1%
Veteran
I hate brady and bellichek truely do with every once of hate I can muster and I live in new england.....that said they are both the best at what they do.....to me it's gimmick foot ball..........they try to fool you and trick you and catch you off gaurd instead of trying to hit you in the mouth,they run into trouble when solid tough teams smack them in the mouth and do it from their base defence....the Pat's live to try to snap the ball while you make subsitutions and are very good at it........but when a tough D who just lines up and brings the heat and is not caught off gaurd or easily tricked comes around they usually beat the Pat's pretty easily.......I predict thats what they will see this weekend and I predict they will again fall to the hands of the team that plays foot ball instead of gimmick ball......

Ravens gonna do just that...hit em right in the mouth.
peace
jip

H

Homer J Pimpin

Well, the Pats only lost 4 games by a total of 11 points.

One of those games was a 2 point loss, and 2 games were one point losses.

So please tell me just how easy it was, to beat the Pats. :tiphat:

and the steelers lost 8 games by a total of like 28 points.....with 15 of their starters out for a number of games.....what is your point ?....the stats don't tell the whole story like how a bit of home cooking in the form of ref's at gillette stadium was the difference between 12-4 and 10-6 or even 9-7...I was pretty clear and objective in my opnion of the Pat's and stand by every word and look forward to watching Balt beat them up.......

H

Homer J Pimpin

h y f .... I respect your passion and comitment to your team.....I defend my team the same way......want ya to know it aint personal....just my opnions.

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
and the steelers lost 8 games by a total of like 28 points.....with 15 of their starters out for a number of games.....what is your point ?....the stats don't tell the whole story like how a bit of home cooking in the form of ref's at gillette stadium was the difference between 12-4 and 10-6 or even 9-7...I was pretty clear and objective in my opnion of the Pat's and stand by every word and look forward to watching Balt beat them up.......

I'm just saying it's not easy to beat the Pats.

Judging from their season, it's NOT easy to beat the Pats.

I don't expect the Pats to get beat up by the Ravens.

I take nothing personal bro'. :tiphat:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
on Teabow....he let rip a beautiful perfect pass that knocked my steelers out of the play off's....

I know how you love posting pics so here's a gif for you.......

Steelers1.gif

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
FWIW, I grew up playing and watching football with family and friends.

The whole time we argued back and forth. Sometimes feverishly!

It's part of being a sports fan isn't it?!?!

It's all good, and I hope nobody takes ANYTHING I've said personally.

H

Homer J Pimpin

FWIW, I grew up playing and watching football with family and friends.

The whole time we argued back and forth. Sometimes feverishly!

It's part of being a sports fan isn't it?!?!

It's all good, and I hope nobody takes ANYTHING I've said personally.

me too bro I played in high school as well...love the game.....

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
The Ravens ave proven conclusively that on any given day they can be the worst team in the league or the best team in the league. They can actually break it down by quarters.
Wow! someone watches/directly quotes nfl network lol, but nonetheless I agree.

balt beats new england imho...ray runnin up the gut and a knock your teeth out D manhandling new englands primadonna squad...let's not forget...flacco looked GREAT vs denver and the broncos have a considerable better D than the pats. just sayin....

but all things can happen on a sunday in january.

RB56

Veteran
Wow! someone watches/directly quotes nfl network lol, but nonetheless I agree.

balt beats new england imho...ray runnin up the gut and a knock your teeth out D manhandling new englands primadonna squad...let's not forget...flacco looked GREAT vs denver and the broncos have a considerable better D than the pats. just sayin....

but all things can happen on a sunday in january.
Not so. TV via antenna only precisely because I can't imagine watching something like NFL Network. It's not exactly an observation requiring professional insight. Nonetheless, I like where you end up.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
I gotta say I like upsets this weekend....I think that the Ravens will beat the Pats and that Atl beats SF.....just my 2 cents....With the ravens game I just think the ravens are a team that has been their done that and has a team with a bunch of players that been here before and have unfinished business to take care of after last season when they should have been in the the SB if it wasn't for that piss poor drop by Lee Evans....

As far as the 49ers game goes I know they're hot and def a better team I just have this feeling Atl gets a few lucky calls/turnovers their way that really helps them win this game. On top of that Atl being a 4.5 dog at home gives them tons of movtivation plus Kaep playing in that dome will get rattled, that place gets insanley loud and also Kaep is still young, remember this is the same QB who couldn't beat the Rams either time he played them this year.....

I think its gonna be a Ravens Falcons superbowl this year.....but will just have to wait and see....

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
As far as the 49ers game goes I know they're hot and def a better team I just have this feeling Atl gets a few lucky calls/turnovers their way that really helps them win this game. On top of that Atl being a 4.5 dog at home gives them tons of movtivation plus Kaep playing in that dome will get rattled, that place gets insanley loud and also Kaep is still young, remember this is the same QB who couldn't beat the Rams either time he played them this year.....

ATL is an underdog for a reason. First off, they have no real running game. Second of all, their defense is not going to stop Kaep and that pistol offense. Read option and that pistol is going to be giving the Failcons fits all day long. Let's not even mention how Gore is going to run all over them. Noise? Meh. The fans in ATL can bring the noise....if they decide to...which remains to be seen.

Kaep didn't start that first game with St. Louis and....wait....who gives a shit about St. Louis??? LOL. Seriously. Kaep and the 9ers couldn't beat the lambs, but they managed to beat Brady, Brees, and Rodgers convincingly, so take that for what it's worth.

Last note on St. Louis....We could have won both of those games if not for David Akers (1st game) and rookie mistakes by Kaep (2nd game). Water under the bridge, imho. Hardly worth mentioning at this point.

Our defense is TOP NOTCH. Matty Ice is going to be too busy RUNNING FOR HIS LIFE to be effective. Sure, he'll connect on some bombs here and there, but that's assuming the pocket doesn't collapse around him first. I am hoping to see Matty Ice on his back more than a few times, and I have a feeling I won't be disappointed.

My money has been on Kaep since he got the starting job and I think he's proven himself worthy, aside from a few mistakes here and there. A QB that can run AND throw lasers is the perfect fit for the type of offense the 9ers want to go with. Last week's shellacking of GB was an indicator of what the 9ers can do against a strong offensive team. The 9ers are a much more balanced team than the Failcons, which means if they keep the mistakes down to a minimum, they should be able to walk away with a win.

The 9ers have already beaten NE this year with Kaep at the helm and hopefully, they'll have a chance to do it again...in the SUPERBOWL!!!

HB.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
I admit I think the 9ers are better I said that already, I just think home field becomes a factor one way or another in this game, also that game last week against GB was the reason Chip Kelly decided to take the eagles job....that was one of the worse defenses I seen in the playoffs in a while...they literally just stood their, of course kaep has a lot to do with that don't get me wrong, but Atl D at home is gonna be at least tougher than that beat up GB defense that was just falling apart, lets be real now. Also I know it doesn't matter to most normal football fans, but anyone who enjoys to bet will realize their isn't many games where your gonna get Atl + points AT HOME! Anyways should be a good game, public perception has in my opinion driven this line big time....

The one thing I will say is this about the 9ers having a HUGE advantage, and thats Harbaugh, that dude is so much better of a coach than Mike Smith, Smith is a moron IMO and practically gave that game away last week, he is just terrible IMO, where as Harbaugh is IMO already a great coach even thought he only been a HC for 2 years now. I bet if you asked every GM in the league every single one would rather have Harbaugh over Smith....

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
^^^^while I agree with ya hemphrey...kaep is in his 2nd year...part of the 2011 draft...he's making a believer outta me...still a few kinks to work out(late snaps, staring down recievers, etc.) but I'm liking what I see.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
deez, Agreed Kaep and guys like cam newton, RGIII, etc... are the QB's of the future in the NFL, the dudes can run like the wind with those huge strides and have cannons for arms...Im just saying a second year QB playing in Alt for a nfc championship, its unfair to put so much pressure on a kid who is still learning to play...I'm just saying it naive to think it'll just be a cake walk for him....then again I've been wrong plenty of times before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts