What's new

NFL 2019-2020

armedoldhippy

Veteran
All our teams suck.
i mostly quit watching pro ball after Peyton Manning retired. don't bother with the Titans regardless of them being the "local" team. there just isn't anyone out there i have an interest in anymore. i DO watch the Super Bowls though...well, not the half-time "entertainment", such as it is. i guess my fave team is whoever last beat the plowbois or whoever pencil-neck Brady is playing for...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Mcvay has already said baker will start the remaining 4 games of the season. He’s got that gunslinger mentality that mcvay likes and when he’s completing those tight window throws it’s a beautiful thing to see. But he’s also got that Fitzmagic/Fitztragic quality if those close throws start getting tipped or intercepted.
I thought the rams did a good job of opening up passing windows over the middle for him, that helps with a shorter QB, but if defenses start running stunts and twists and delayed blitzes up the middle, that could be a problem. But it’s a nice win for sure.

Pops is Home Alone for Christmas? What sort of hijinks will he get into? Nothing a handle of vodka and an oz of homegrown wont cure. A TX trip would be nice but that’s a heck of a haul, that’s like a 2 day drive or so?

If raiders had won last night they would have been 6-7, same record last year when they won 4 straight to finish 10-7 and make the playoffs. I guess if they win out they could be 9-8 and still get a wild card berth (jets are 7-5 and hold that 7th playoff spot for now) but it’s looking iffy. I don’t think mark davis will fire mcdaniels this season, he has a 4yr contract and I don’t think davis wants to throw away the money owed to him the next 3 yrs, davis isn’t a corporate or hedge fund billionaire like some owners. But they have to make some hard choices this offseason, they could cut derek carr for a 5M cap hit if they want to go in a different direction at QB. Carr hasn’t been playing that well most of the season, maybe the raiders could look at garappolo or jordan love (backup for the packers) or even draft one if their pick is high enough.

Haha, I totally blanked on the titans being the TN team, Hippy. Geez, and I havent even smoked weed in months. I miss peyton too, he was a badass QB and only 1 yr younger than brady so he should have had a few more years but his arm was completely shot by the time he retired. Maybe we’ll see another manning in the nfl soon, his nephew Arch manning is entering college next year, could be a high draft pick in 3 yrs.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
College football in an hour.
Crappy Monday night football game, of course the Patriots will win, the Cardinals are like 4-8
Watching Story TV...secrets of the Bible n shiz

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
as much as i like to say baker is the dreamboat, its not like the rams have any other options at this point as far as qb goes
hes the best choice we have and i liked his first game and with more reps he could make it a fun meaningless season
but im looking ahead and hopefully he does well, hey i like the kid
/plus, bakers side action will step up biggly, the sloots here in cal are much hotter than the midwest boof by far
right now the rams=sux so any wins are worth it, and if baker can develope he might find himself a roster spot next season
/baker = dreamiest back up qb evahha!
the raiders jsut cant finish games off if you know what i mean; at this point in the season the winners are able to shut that door and finish games off
more footbaww coming up ut we are going to the fish zoo! to check out some christmast stuff
its freezing cold here, this morning it ws in the 40

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
Went to this place called grinders spaghetti and subs or whatever.it was ok.should of went to the mexican place. next stop is this place down the street called los primos mexican grill.it looks fire.check the website if you wanna get the munchies.i could eat the chips and salsa alone

Attachments

• 20221210_131428.jpg
    20221210_131428.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
oh man hawk that looks like some good pasta! does that side tub of sauce have meat it intoo
either way i would slather that all over the noodles and take big bites of garlic bread withe very bite!
now you got me craving some good marinara sauce and noodles
we have a plce called los primos out here that is a chain, but i doubt its the same people
it means the cousins in spanish
we hit up the korean market for lunch today and god some noodles from one place and fried chicken cutlet in this butter and cheese sauce from another
it was ok, but the mrs loved it
they had this crab place that i might want to check out
man i could go for some good seafood like crabs

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Sorry, Bowl season starts next Saturday DB. We do have a game today 1pm EST, Army vs Navy, but that's it.

Ur right Pop, Baker is a far better passer than wolford or perkins if he can avoid turnovers. And that for sure was an exciting win. Theyre not going to make the playoffs but if he can inject some excitement into an otherwise lost season that’s a good thing. And maybe they can keep some other teams from the playoffs (Seahawks, Chargers – F*Spanos!) and ruin that lions draft pick they owe. I know lions fans, even though they support Stafford on the rams, don’t want the rams to win any more games. Currently the rams pick is #4, down from #3 last week.

Yeah I heard that maybe the western US is in for a lot of snow and cold? When was the last time you saw snow, Pop?

I think that’s just a side of marinara Pop but ur right, that food looks on point. It even has the name “Grinders”, don’t you use the term ‘grinding’ when it comes to food?
That Los primos place looks good too, Hawk, plus on Mondays they have free chips with any burrito purchase. Im glad you found some good places to eat finally, and they seem pretty dang reasonable in price too. Like that blows away what youll get at taco bell for $10-12.

6 teams are on bye tomorrow, including the bears. I think most bears fans want the team to lose out, to keep their #2 draft position. Maybe if Houston starts winning (fat chance) the bears can jump to #1, and trade down with a QB hungry team for extra picks. They could do that from the #2 spot too I guess.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
the last time i saw snow was about this time last year when i drove to tx on the 40
went through the high az places and even had shift into 4h at one point
/pops was so excited to be driving in snow i actually balsted the heater on my feet and rolled down the windows! yes the snow did get in but it was rad
im not on board with this cold! pops midnight piss should not be a test of endurance!
whats going on with the clmiate>!:< brandon

hells yeah i do say grindin a lot!
/ey pops is eating good brah, day to day
it means good food from back in the old days baba brother
/bababoey: can you use it in a sentence
local style, you go to a good pic nic and you get the grinds
yeah that shits grindin!
but a grinder is different than grindin' and i would still liketoi would like to find that good sandwich
eat well my friend
there is plenty of action this weekend and im esp looking at the fins' dolts game and yes baba:
#f'spanos!!
am i going to wish fooey on the chargers!?! hells yeah
ill even pay for that extra cheese
/dont invite pops to your picnik

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
When I saw the restaurant I thought of you pops! The spaghetti came with meat sauce but I got plain marinara on the side to taste the quality of tomatoes.it was good but a little too sweet.they got this Italian sub called a gondola that I wanna try.they got a good menu.even have gyros.

I can't wait to try that Mexican place.maybe go tomorrow it's right down the street too.my mom is such a picky eater.shes happy with a dry piece of meat.definitely gotta try the nachos and a taco.looks like they got those huge pound burritos too.oh man.pork belly tacos too!?

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Bababooey I did watch the Army Navy game...well 1st half. Was like 7-3. Heard it went into O.T.
Shithawk eat a gyro for me man! 👍Poprocks what's grinding man? Still haven't tried Jersey Mike's. I guess only if I come across one. Red wine vinegar, freshly sliced meats...

shithawk420

Veteran
I know right? I'm gonna make my own tzatziki sauce one day.supposed to be easy.used to go to this Greek shop all the time.some places won't even give you the sauce unless you ask for it and charge extra.thats greasy business.

aww the mexican place is closed on sunday! i was gonna go too.well they got margaretta monday so ill try it tommorrow

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah man, what with these places that try and charge extra for some sauce?!
they think they so fancy with with their diamond toilets and golden showers, like this juice is worth extra of my hard earned $$$$
/one thing i will do is ask for it after ive paid, some times you get it and sometimes you dont
they might lecture you about how they are supposed to charge but i still get my free sauce
dont be so stingy
tzatziki is the one with cucumber in it? its super easy to make and you get spice it up ow you like when you make it at home
watching the eagles flyin high v the giants
its freezing cold outside and im ready to rock and roll

i see you standing, standing all alone...go kick some f'n ass and have the best day you can my friends

initiates self destruct sequence:

shithawk420

Veteran
Lmao!!! I wish I had your energy pops! I don't know what I'm gonna eat but I'm hungry.they got a sub place called hungry hobo that's supposed to be good.cheaper than subway too. Bucs and niners should be a good game..
Arggg I hate picky eaters!!! What do you want? I don't care.well what do you want!!!! Whatever.drives me fucking crazy!! I'd rather eat a bullet at this point

shithawk420

Veteran
Here's the hungry hobo boys.pretty damn good and cheaper than subway.forgot the oil and vinegar though.turkey provolone sub.

Sorry for the bad pic.gonna get that margarita and pork belly taco tommorow

Attachments

• 20221211_143531.jpg
    20221211_143531.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I know a guy who every time we get a big blizzard around Chicago says ‘whats with all this global warming’ haha.
We havent had a big snow here is quite a while, not last year I don’t think, but maybe this year we’ll have a couple blizzards. Not looking forward to it, stuff is a pain to shovel but it’s a good workout for sure, you might enjoy it if your back is strong.

Let us know how you like the Mexican place, Hawk. Remember, Monday they have free chips&salsa with any burrito purchase. That’s like a day’s worth of food. Not sure about margarita Monday, on Thursday they have bottled beer for 2.25.

I saw the very end of the army-navy game DB, both teams had trouble scoring and army won in OT 20-17. Meh, I guess only retired generals and admirals really care about that game.

I made a very credible tzatziki sauce once using plain Greek yogurt, diced up pickles (in place of diced up cucumbers and vinegar), lemon juice, garlic powder, S&P; like Pop and Hawk said it’s easy and plenty of recipes online if you need guidance. Perfect amount of tanginess and creaminess to cut the grease and spice of gyro meat.

I agree Pop, sauce should be complementary, especially if youre spending more than $5 on an item. Sauce costs them pennies. There’s one local food reviewer who hates when Italian beef places charge extra for giardiniera, thinks it should be included. But on the flip side, what if you don’t want sauce on ur food, do you get a small discount then? I guess it can go both ways if you think about it which is why restaurants charge extra?

That hungry hobo sandwich looks decent, and reasonably priced as well. I did get jersey mikes recently, no pics unfortunately but wasn’t that impressed. Got their philly cheesesteak and the amount of meat was somewhat lacking for a $10 sandwich. Ah well.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
or some of those hobo sandwiches! that looks awesome hawk and i would definitely smash esp if its cheaper than subway
good move on the turkey provalone, but how can you forget the oil and vinegar, that make a good sub in my opinion
let us know how the prok belly tacos are man! tomorrow is taco tuesday at one of your fav mex joints and i might have to get me some buche tacos too man!

saw some good game yesterday and the eagle are flying high right now
theyhave to good on both sides of the line and i really like this kid j.hurts
saw the chargers play the fins last night and they kept it interesting
tua just wasnt able to keep up it seemd out side of a big throw to hill but the dolphins D was on point!
russ might not be cooking any time soon, he took an akward header into the turf and ended up having to leave the game with a head owwie
saw kc play and they look like kc, purdy looked good too for mr irrelevant, could this kid be starting material
/sf will find out and i dont see them really riding jimmy.g much longer with his in ability to play a full season
can you believe christmas is just a couple weeks away?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
Maybe we’ll see another manning in the nfl soon, his nephew Arch manning is entering college next year, could be a high draft pick in 3 yrs.
i've been seeing him pop up in news here for a spell. he's got the right last name for sportswriters to notice here this close to Knoxville, lol. in high school, he's been a big fish in a little pond. if he is still that effective in college... :shucks: he'll have some help at Texas, they don't half-ass it with their football down that way.

Latest posts

Latest posts