What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, most of the pictures online of her are a few years old and show her pretty slender, nice and tight figure but pics and video from 2022 show her as a little heavier, nothing crazy just typical thic-ness of being in your 40's. And her face is naturally round-ish/moon face so gaining some poundage and having a wide face is a bad combo. If she went gluten-free or vegan diet she could probably shed some lbs quickly, plus she can certainly afford a personal trainer to come to her home 3-4x a week, or get a peloton or something. But like most people she doesnt want to restrict her eating too much and doesnt want to spend 8-10hrs a week exercising (including warm up, cool down, shower). She'd rather eat what she enjoys in moderation, get a little bit of exercise here and there, and spend time with her family.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hahahahah, you think im stupid enough to be the one going ass in doob?!
you gorget, i am guy who owns nice big pick up truck, when people ask for help i have no problem saying no
but hey we are friends
"sure i will help"
/doob heaves heavy couch into van, just when he thinks he can relieve himself of this stupid piece of furnitures weight
BAM
/im ramming it into your chest and pulling .40s/w
pops: "got any duck tape on yah bro"
/doob pulls out his piece!
its a mexican standoff, but wait i have weed and we are both hungry
/smokes bowl and working out problems over fried fish and clam!
DOOB AND POPS JOIN FORCES
"so doob, i have this hit list, four people who need to die!"
/doob: dipping clams into tarter sauce
db: "fawkin right pawps, kill kill kill. lets hear it"
/doob dribbles tarter sauce all over self
/pops dabs face with neatly folded napkin and gives a subtle smirk of entitlement, monocle some how remains in place
slide folded piece of paper across table; its the list:
"bababooey, bababoey , bababoey, bababoey!"
/doob rips off shirt to show aaron hernandez tatoos

FIN!

who is ready to put last weeks game behind us and hope for a fresh start
cant wait for kick off tonight
nedd all the feels!

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
So I didnt know what you were referring to with that story but i finally figured out it's the abduction scene from silence of the lambs, where Buffalo Bill tricks the victim into helping him load a couch into a van and then knocked her unconscious once she was inside.

I dont know about you but im thoroughly enjoying the bears tank, mostly because i keep betting against them lol. Sigh.

Rams play the cowboys, they have a good pass rush too but not nearly as fierce a defense as san fran so maybe they can put up decent points.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeehaaaw, boys, welcome to the weekend

the mrs has been not feeling well altely but she is on the mend and we are going to make the most of this friday
we are having some indian food tonight, curry chicken and rice with that flat bread going on
i might have to run out again because i forgot to get some cucumbers and if i do i will have to look into that cheap fried chicken they have at the store on friday deals
so i was watching the game last night, had me on the edge of my seat
moar field goals please!
have you guys seen that commercial about "house wives* v nfl"?
*house wives...football
well pops found the next best thing on amazon
tnf with hanna and storm.jpg

yeah man, now this is the sweet action ive been looking for!
they have hanna storm and some old blond lady doing the play by play
was it full of cringe, you bet and at one point i thought there would be a little cat fight between the two gals
/obvious tension is obvious! but oh so sweet karening
the fun part was the guests
they have a third party guest throughout the simulcast and that was where the action was at
the best guests were r.sherman and the one and only m.pittman!
/he looked freaking fit
they also had stars like e.ebron and e.sanders offering commentary
have you guys ever tasted the desperation that only a milf can bring?! while talking about football
"please stick around" was their catch phrase and every guest they begged to "...not go"
way better than next gen stats, oh yeah

on to this weeks rams game
i dont know which ruch im more concerned about
the rams lack of acreage of the c.rush we might have to face against a dak less c'boys
i think the rams secondary is decent and up to the challenge but this is another one im on the fence about
until the rams define themselves i have little confidence i our ability to win close games
we have stand out players doing ok but until they come together as a unit its tough to play with the best teams in the nfl
this whole season is still shaking out and who knows where thigns go from here fr the rams
/its still early to call this a must win game but the rams need this W
betting against your teams is not ideal but what can you do brother?
embrace all teh sucks baba!

pack that bowl and pour them extra strong

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Do you think she had covid? I feel like it's basically endemic now, like the flu.

Indian food is always tasty, does she eat chicken though? I hear jackfruit is often used as a meat substitute in some dishes, besides tofu and saitan and things like that. Have you ever had jackfruit?

So many people were commenting on twitter that the colts-broncos game was awful, terrible. Seemed like chef russ and matt ryan were taking turns looking worse than trubisky.
Ive seen that housewives commercial but never really got into it, most commercials annoy me after the first viewing. Andy reid has one with mahomes and state farm, it was mildly amusing.
I'll have to check out the milf commentary with hanna storm, she's 60(!) but works out like 5-6x a week, still keeps it tight, good for her.

I read an article saying the rams problem is the lack of talent. It's like duh, could say that of most underperforming teams. Except the broncos, who have talent just a bad QB and coach.
But the Allen robinson signing has been terrible so far for the rams, Ben skowronek (7th rd pick) is their 2nd best WR when it used to be Robert Woods and Odell Beckham jr. Andrew Whitworth retiring at left tackle messed up that O-line, and von miller leaving for the bills leaves Aaron donald to do all the pass rush heavy lifting by himself.
Still, they're 2-2, 2nd in the NFC-W, and if mcvay can get some of the younger guys to play better they could finish with 10-11 wins and a playoff berth. Doesnt look like they're serious contenders for another title, but they got their ring last year, i figure you have to give them a 5 yr grace period before you start seriously complaining.

I had some business in the western burbs and on the way back decided to stop in the city and get some bbq in the hood. This is Wileys Chicken and rip tips, on the near west side. Kind of a sketch neighborhood but we weren't hassled at all and the food was on point, got 2 large combos, tips/wings and tips/hot links (sausages), plus peach cobbler, for about $30. Made for several meals and the pup liked the bones/cartilage.

wileys1.jpg
wileys2.jpg
wileys3.jpg
wileys4.jpg
wileys5.jpg
wileys6.jpg
wileys7.jpg
wileys8.jpg

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Looks really good bababooey! Glad you enjoyed it! There's a really good BBQ spot here in Mattapan in the black section of Boston but haven't been down there in like 20 years. How were the sausages?
Poprocks wake up! It puts the Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwich in the bucket. A single incandescent bulb flickers on, exposing the dirty basement floor.
Shithawk how's everything going?
College football today guys! It's 10:30 now. Should be some SEC at noon. Maybe Clemson or Auburn or something.
NFL tomorrow! I haven't kept up on news really, not sure what's happening. Will be watching the Patriots though. Not even sure who they're playing yet.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club

yeah boys, its saturday and im ready to jam
who man, baba; that is legit bbq!
you can tell its on point because they give you a piece of white bread on the side; plus peach cobbler?!
everything in that plate looks so good! pops would be begging for scraps too
/escapes doobs jimmy dean dungeon and shows up at babas house hoping for bbq
and $30?! what a deal man
/lunch is on me boys!
the funny thing is even the bad parts of town arent so bad in the day
is pops walking through that dirt lot, hell no; and would i go there late at night, probably not; but you mind your own business and grab your food and go
the food looks great man and would be totally worth the visit
/is that bbq sauce in those dipping containers? was it spicy
i never thought the rams were lacking in talent, but what do i know
they still have l.floyde on the edge plus b.wagoner
/his best hit was against some stupid f'n peta activist who ran onto the field
and there is a.don up front, plus some kid named j.ramsey in the secondary
the offense is playing way below their weight and it seems like stafford needs to make better reads
/you cant throw to super copper every play; spread the ball around
im not going to post up a.robinson stats but they are not getting the value they thought they would from their...#2
/makes dr.evil face
the one thing im hoping is mcvey straightens this team out and by mid season we start to click
hahahh! i saw that andy reid commercial the toher day, where he draws on peoples faces!
freaking epic and fat andy is one of the coaches in the nfl i would love to hang out with
/the ryans boys are in the mix too
you have to check out the other viewing options if you can baba! amazon is upping their sprots game biggly with alternate feeds
i had no idea hanna storm was in her 60s; this is like candy to a fat kid (that fat kid being pop rocks!)
is she interested in a younger boy toy?
i dont think the mrs has covid (could still smell and taste) and she ate the chicken because she said she needed the protein
the spicy helped her out too and it was grinding
i used to love to eat jackfruit and durian but they are kind of hard to find
my mom is supposed to go overseas next year and im asking her to bring me back this freeze dried durrian snack she once got; not really that smelly but has the flavor you want
lets make the most of the weeeknd brothers!

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
The links were good, meaty and not too processed/smooth. They have a decent amount of spice though, theyre called hot links for a reason, and it's a slow buildup of heat.

The silence of the lambs is a classic movie, i wasnt so happy about the sequels and such, although Lecter feeding ray liotta part of his own brain was a fun scene. There were also a couple of tv shows that i never saw, including one on the FBI agent, Clarice, that came out last year? But apparently it doesn't involve lecter.

Patriots are hosting the Lions, good offense (lions) vs good defense, bad offense (pats) vs bad defense. Although with Zappe starting maybe patriots can move the ball a bit more, he did alright vs green bay last week, and they have a pretty good defense.

Yeah Pop, the slices of cheap white bread with the bbq is a staple in these types of places. Cheaper and more convenient than a biscuit or roll.
If youre flashing money (expensive car, clothes, latest iphone) and not from the area (not a known gangster or local big shot) then yeah, you could get robbed in a bad area, especially at night like Pop says. But during the day the most youre likely to get hassled is by panhandlers if youre not being too flashy.
It was mild sauce all over the food and in those containers, like a runny very sweet bbq sauce with just a hint of spice, if you eat enough of it you'll get just a bit of heat buildup. But honestly most of the heat i noticed was from the hot links.

Bobby wagner was a big free agent get for the rams but so far im not sure he's making much of an impact. The rams D isn't bad of course but the pass rush was much better when you had the 3 headed monster of floyd, AD and von miller. But ur right, floyd is a more than decent edge rusher. And stafford's main weakness is lack of mobility so when the line isn't protecting him well he's going to struggle. But if their worst stretch is a .500 record that's still pretty good and like u said there's hope for upside.

Andy reid has a hoarsher voice than i though he would, like he yells a lot, but ur right he would be awesome to have a meal with. He apparently knows all the best bbq spots in KC and said after they won the superbowl that he “got some free cheeseburgers out of it so that was nice”. Do you think you can match andy bite for bite?

I checked out some of that pro vision Amazon feed, where they display the personnel groupings on offense and defense (3 WR, 2TE on offense, 4 Lineman, 1 LB on defense, etc) and the routes run and that was alright, but they didnt seem to show where the ball was thrown? Like in hockey, sometimes they trace where the puck goes. Normally i can see where the football is thrown, but for some reason all the lines on the screen distracted me from the flight of the ball, and i didnt like that so much, but maybe it's something i need to get used to.

Yeah I remember seeing hanna storm before she got serious into exercising and she actually got better looking with age, although now that she's 60 you can see her face is getting more wrinkly, still perfectly normal. Her husband's a lucky guy, not sure if she's into swinging or something but who knows? Lol.

I keep seeing weird big spiky fruits in the mexican grocery stores that might be jackfruit or durian, never bought 'em and wouldn't know what to do with it if i did, im more of a meat and potatoes guy so i dont often use even well known veggies (bell peppers, cabbage, etc) in my cooking, much less tropical stuff. But it does look interesting, and i might have to see if i can find that durian snack if i can. Cant be any worse than some other stuff ive tried.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i dress like a hobo and drive a beat up old truck! so i would fit right in
/hey baba, got any spare money?
but i hear you about not wanting to be the mark in the wrong part of town
luckily those containers look pretty full so i only need to go once in eh day and i would have food to last all night.
how big is the fruit and what is the color?
there area lot of spiky fruits that are good to eat, is it cactus fruit?
/pops knaws on cholla
who let the dogs out?!

here is a bet you cant miss, barkley is running wild and the giants are looking like darkest horse team so far
f'n rams ; they have no dawgs but a bunch of hawgs
the defense showed up to play but you know now, we are talking about them dallas star boys; led by c.rush! for real
/has a friend in tx who is all c.rushin
yeah i know, this is a qb who can pass for 100yds a game!, plus has a floppy run game to back him up
but the rams are not ramming anything; they actually got thier shit pushed in biggly!
/and did stafford walk off the field nursing a sore hand? owwie
and now im watch the other football game and they rub my nose in it, during the half
showing highlights for dem'boys beating up on the rams and all the other good football highlights
that makes pop rocks so sad
haha, you are not the only one to notice andy reids voice! the mrs looked and me and said" i dident think he would sound like that"
has anyone else nothiced how dark it is in the early morning? like even 6a is looking dark as night?1
its time to get into the fall o mood and ask for a christmas wish
/shakes bamboo sticks; dear buddah: please make the rams not so suck

eta:
hell no i could no match andy bite for bite, but i have my back up c.rush
/calls in mrs chikcy! she eats all teh meats and foods going bite for bite w/ fatandy
xoxo

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
U driving the camping truck around as your regular ride? I thought it guzzled too much gas for a daily driver? Ford makes an F150 EV, those look pretty sweet.

The fruits range in size from large mango to pineapple size, I'm sure they're labeled as well, will have to take pics next time Im grocery shopping.

Giants win was the biggest upset of the week, pack were favored by 9pts. I think the last time they lost to such a big underdog they fired mike mccarthy (to AZ when the line was -10). Their offense tends to lie dormant for long stretches which perturbs rodgers, but u make a good point, maybe the giants are lot better than people thought they would be. Part of that is daniel jones really cut down on his turnovers, from 1.5/game to .5/game or something.

I think jerry jones said he'd love to have a QB controversy when dak comes back because that means cooper rush has been playing well, and they're 4-0 in his starts? He's not that physically talented but he throws an accurate ball, identifies the open receiver, keeps turnovers and sacks low, not much more you need to win games when you have a lot of talent elsewhere.

Rams were favored by 5pts at home vs the 'boys, was tempted to bet on them since i thought they might bounce back after the monday night debacle but again their offense was held in check, with kupp being their only producer like youve been saying. I didnt see stafford hurt his hand but he did get hit 11x (and lost 2 fumbles), on his last pass (intercepted) he got knocked down to the ground and looked like his ribs hurt. Im not sure what mcvay could do to make this offense right if they cant protect him, maybe put a more mobile QB in and run some RPOs and such, mix it up a bit, cause 10pts a game and watching stafford get beat up isnt cutting it.

I like to think andy reid actually doesnt eat huge amounts for every meal, but because he eats high calorie meals constantly (burgers, bbq, maybe fries and desserts too), has a sedentary job (sits and watches film a lot) and doesnt exercise much that's why he's so overweight. 15-1800 calories of bbq/burgers isnt that big of a plate, eat those 2x a day plus breakfast and snacks over the months and years the weight just packs on. So maybe a normal person could match him if we're just talking ONE meal.

Last edited:

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Nobody mentioned the Patriots. 29-0 against Detroit Lions. Was high the whole game. Watched it on my Samsung 55" . 29-0 man. Thought the Lions were the best in the NFL? Patriots. Patriots.
Sitting on the couch looking out the window, enjoying indigenous people vs Colombus day. Fire department was here early, old dude down hall locked himself out. Nothing for breakfast. Waiting on some Muscle Milk Zero to be delivered. 20grams protein, 100 calories. They're pretty good. Month off milk now. Feeling slimmer and better. New Halloween movie comes out this week. Going to see it Thurs or Fri. Watched a YouTube video about Bucc-Ees in Texas...brisket, pastrami, "beaver nuggets"??????? and a bunch of BBQ. Haven't had BBQ in some time. I used to love TGIFriday's Jack Daniels Baby back ribs. That was back in the day when Chili's had Fosters on tap right off the coast guard base. They tried to take my keys and I ran for it. Had like 3. Tasted so good. Fosters. Golden refresher from heaven. Cold. Well only non alcoholic for me these days. BBQ!!! There's a Blue Ribbon nearby but I haven't been there in 20 years as well. Will try to get menu
Blue Ribbon -
All of our barbecue is cooked at low temperatures for long periods of time over oak and hickory hardwoods, producing moist, bold, flavorful meats. You'll feel as though you've been brought back to a lost version of America.
Today’s Specials in #Arlington Supplies limited, get ‘em while they last!

• Spicy Tomato Soup (with 1 cornbread or 1 slider)
  • Stick to your Ribs Soup Combo (soup, 2 Bones 1 Cornbread)
  • Buffalo Caesar Chicken Rollup
  • Blue Ribbon Wings (Buffalo, Honey Hot, or Sweet N’ Sticky)
  • Sweet & Sticky Ribs Platter
  • The “Hoe~Down” Sandwich
  • Piggy Park Pork Sliders
    Side Dish Specials:
  • Pickled Beet Salad
  • Mac and cheese 🧀
  • passion-driven cooks who have spent years around the fire pits perfecting the meats. The same passion applies to the long list of side dishes and desserts, giving a grandma's kitchen flavor to the whole place. We share this experience with each guest and a simple nod of approval from a satisfied customer is what it's all about. Nearly all of our menu items are scratch-made in our kitchen on a daily basis. We invite you to join in the flavor

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club

heck yeah doob! that blue ribbon place looks like it might be good
some of those take and bake meals looked good,esp if you cant do your own bbq at home; maybe a little spendy but thats how things are now days
i used to love the muscle milk! drinks
lots of protein and some good nutrients, plus they taste good
i dont think the lions are near the best in the nfl, that would be philly and kc right now
but it sounds like goof might have been exposed and w/o a legit defense how are you going to stop the other team?
is that the halloween movies with jamie lee curtis and "michael myers"*
i loved the original flick from back in the 80's and would totally watch that
*yeah baby
yeah i drive the camp wagon around mostly
i dont really drive that much so my gasoline bills isnt that bad, but you know its california where gas is still like $6/g
im not about ev, especially for off road
/i ran out of juice, do you have any spare battery i could get?!?
i just like the romminess and lux of driving her around
a new thing out here is that your employer will giv you a gas card, (they mrs and boy gets about $100/month each)
were the fruits red? and the size of mango? that would be a dragon fruit
/kind of like an asian kiwi
my mom has a vine 9the cactus grows these long spikes that tendril into other things) that is taller than all of us and produces a nice haul every year; i would have to see them to identify what they are
im sure jerrah would love to have a qb controversy in dallas, that and some cheap tail
no matter how good c.rush does i dont see dem'boys paying dak (what is it?) like $40m to ride the bench
plus their upside is way higher with dak
i agree that the rams need to mix things up more with fatford, he cant really move so maybe put him into more shotgun formations and have some quick check downs in the play
c.akers is lost on the field it seems, missing his cut back lanes and running into his own guys
wtf man!
fwiw i would like to think fat andy eats all the meats and suck sauce the off his finger tips!
he has trimmed down in the past few seasons but im sure he can still smash a brisket or pay waste to a rack or ribs
i would do my best and go toe to toe with him on the bbq, pops loves bbq meats of all sorts
/the pig and the beef! are my favorites
but i would fail the drug test and be dq'd for "performance enhancing drugs"

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, that was one of the more surprising scores of the day. I said I would take NE (-3) and the over (46pts), I would have won on NE but lost on the over.
Lions had the most pts in the NFL but NE holding them scoreless was pretty unexpected. Zappe had a td and an INT, also had a fumble but didnt lose it. U think he keeps the job over mac jones even if mac's ankle heals? Seems like the offense moves a bit better with Zappe, and he doesn't turn the ball over as much, and belichick is no fool, he tossed drew bledsoe to the side when brady started winning games, and that was when brady was just a game manager.

Glad to hear youre slimming down, so i guess you were lactose intolerant before? They make lactaid pills so you can still indulge in some dairy stuff (cheese etc) if you have to.

Pop has been to TX recently wonder is he's been to a Buccee's there. Apparently they have the largest gas stations/quickie marts in the country, can get breakfast lunch dinner there. Those beaver nuggets (corn pop snacks drizzled in caramel coating) sound fire.
Post some pics if you can if you do get some Blue Ribbon bbq. Dont you love living in modern times, you can get southern style bbq anywhere now.

The woman bought a dragon fruit recently, cut it up, yeah it's kind of like kiwi but not as soft or sweet in general. Was pretty decent.
A gas card from work would be awesome, never heard of that before though, but like u said it's probably a california thing. I wonder if that's paid for by the state and distributed by the companies.

I wouldnt mind an EV, you can charge it up at home, no more gas stations (the woman hates pumping gas for some reason so i always have to do it) but ur right, u have to plan it carefully when driving long distances or going out into the wild. But some EV's, i think the hyundai one, you can use to power up devices, can set up a TV and some dvd's or saved up shows and have movie night while camping. Just have to make sure u dont use up all ur juice during camping so u can still make it home, lol.

Dak was playing terribly in week 1 before breaking his thumb but that was against the buc's D, so long as he plays to his usual standard when he comes back there wont be a QB controversy. Dak is under contract through 2026 but can be cut after 2025 with a 20M cap hit, which wont be that bad considering the cap might be 300M by then.

Yeah, mcvay has to scheme around the lack of protection against good pass rushers, anything to keep stafford upright. There's a funny stat that kupp has more receptions and TD's than Fields, the bears QB, has completions and passing TD's. We'll see if that continues to hold true as the season goes on.

Haha yeah, taking some huge hits of hash would be a PED in an eating contest. You could be halfway through a huge meal before you even start to feel full.

Speaking of low and slow BBQ, I made a brisket last week, got it on sale at sams for 3.70lb, it was an angus too so had better marbling than the other briskets.
Finally got the fire right, threw a whole bunch of paper bags as kindling and some used cooking oil, lit it and let it burn for 30 mins, topped it off with more coals and let that burn for another 10+ mins until the top layer was nice and white. The fire lasted 18 hrs, all through the night and still had plenty of coals left over. I guess my problem was just not letting the coals all get lit before turning it down (cutting off most of the air flow). Wrapped it in foil about halfway through.
This 13.5lb brisket turned into about 10lbs of smoked meat. Pretty good, didnt really use a rub on it just sprinkled it with table salt but it tastes good with bbq sauce, beans, your carb of choice (bread, tostadas, etc).

brisket 1.jpg
brisket 2.jpg
brisket 3.jpg
brisket 4.jpg
brisket 5.jpg

shithawk420

Veteran
Buccees is the biggest gas station the world.not just country.its supposed to be freaking awesome.wish I could see it one day.awesome looking food.a lot of guys do YouTube vids on it.

I would definitely make a brisket sandwich out of that babba

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Bababooey that brisket looks out of this world man! Way to go! Bet it's delicious.
Don't think I was lactose intolerant but I do feel less bloated and gassy. Probably lost 5-10 pounds in last month from no milk.
I could see Zappe staying in there until he loses. Then Mac Jones will go in. Maybe. Was wonderful to watch though.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
getting tired of these ridiculous "roughing the passer" penalties. maybe the QBs should just be playing tag or flag football, and the pass is considered incomplete and they are down if they throw it with their flag missing... the one called against KC was ignorant beyond belief...if they want to call it like that, KC should have gotten possession anyway since Chris Jones had already stripped the ball from the QB BEFORE falling on him, which was why the ref tried to justify the flag. and we won't bring up how replay showed Jones putting his left hand down trying to NOT crush the QB as they went to the turf...these attempts at protecting the quarterbacks are killing the sport. nothing i like to see more than someone like Brady getting decleated by a blind-side blitzer.:woohoo: safeties and linebackers DREAM about open shots like that at night as they doze off...:biggrin:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, it's amazing they have like 50k SF of convenience store in each gas station. Dont know if that includes their car washes. Supposedly theyre building one in Springfield MO but that wont be open till Dec 2023. Plus that's not exactly close to you either lol. Ive always wanted to visit a Wawa's myself, try out their hoagies, but i have a feeling ill be somewhat disappointed; it's never a good idea to build up a chain restaurant so much in your mind you think it's going to be awesome when in reality it's just 'good, not mind-blowing'.

The brisket was good, it was soft at least, and I shaved some of the fat cap off and froze it to save for making blood sausage/scrapple (going to make it in pans, not casings) later.
I accidentally cut a line on the top of the brisket when i sliced the package open, so that's why it has that cut on top. Lol, ill be more careful next time.
I heard mac jones had one of the highest attempted yards/pass attempt this year and zappe one of the lowest so theyre definitely playing it safe with zappe but brady made a lot of his career being the best checkdown passer in history so whatever picks up 1st downs and moves the ball. Plus belichick loves to win time of possession so he'll dink and dunk all game if it leads to wins.

Theyre going to address the RTP penalties in the offseason but i think the league is just freaked out about what happened to Tua and are trying to protect QB's more. Whipping tom brady to the ground like Tua earned a penalty, extending a bucs drive to close out the game even though brady wasnt hurt. And falling on top of a QB has been a penalty since Rodgers broke his collarbone a few years ago. Ur right Hippy, chris jones had the ball in his hands (fumble recovery) so that's why he couldnt break his fall but according to the strict interpretation of the rule calling a penalty wasnt really incorrect, just really unfair. But u got to hand it to chiefs fans, they really gave the refs hell after that, booing and cursing for a solid 20 minutes after. They also threw beer cans at the raiders when they were walking off after halftime which wasnt so good, it's not their fault refs suck.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
will smith:

hahaha! armedoldhipy' from the blind side! poor t'brady
as if life could not get any worse for him, giz wants to leaves him and now this
i think a lot of this flag throwin has to do with tua; but was this on the coaches more than the game?
playing a guy who is obviously hurt and he get hurt more is bad use of your players
#protect you men!

i have never been to a bukake*, but will have to stop by on my next road trip
*oh!wait,,,Buccee's; crap man, this isnt the orgy i signed up for~?!?
ive slept at a bunch of flying J and loves! truck stops and they are nice
they usually have a restaurant attached plus have nice bathrooms and other amenities!
/steel reserve please
oh man baba, that looks like a good piece of meat! y'u no use rub?
how was the smoke flavor on it? it looks great man
i dont know why, but i start my stuff off on the foil and then tke it out in the end
did you share with the pup

so we went for a nice long walk on teh beach last night
it was a nice sunset and the tide was low so there was a lot of cool stuff on the beach
the best thing i found was a surf fishing net and shovel!
hot candy i thought and proceeded to tote this thing on the walk, the mrs promptly fills it with sea weed!
/too wet harsh smoke and very salty
i even asked her, what are you planning on doing with all this sea weed?
/as i carry it along the beach
...pops catches that look in the fading sunlight, she looks beautiful and i cave
when we finally climbed bakc up the cliffs i had a big old bunch of nasty kelp and seas weed in my new found net
we rinsed off and then went out for taco tuesday

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i will score the top of my steaks, but i only cook them for a few minutes on each side
/it allows better flavor penetraion plus gives them a nice deep char
but i dont cut my ribs or brisket because i want them to stew in their juices and get that slow cook on
this whole tua thing could blwo up in the leagues face over "protecting the player" thing if he is seriously hurt
im not going to comment too mcuh, but you gotta protect your men
/ rgIII
what do you know about scrapple?!? babs
i had a friend who would bring in this flavor loaf of goodness and called it scrapple!
hey man, i have some nice frsh seaweed i can send you! YUM!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Tua is starting to throw again but has already been ruled out for week 6. We'll probably see him in week 7 on SNF vs the steelers.

For some reason I think Buccee's doesn't allow 18wheel semi's even though it's so large. Not sure if i could sleep at a truck stop, aren't they kind of loud with all the diesel engines idling, highway noise, people, lot lizards, etc? But yeah, having hot food and bathrooms nearby is a plus, also i think you can rent a shower for an hour for $12 or something. And it's a big bathroom with shower so kind of worth it if youre extra stinky.

I didnt use rub because i did want to feed some of it to the pup and he doesnt need extra salt/spices. He's got some skin conditions that we have to feed him antibiotics for and it's easier to feed him with some nice beef.
The smoke flavor was good, not as intense as before when i would use 100% mesquite, think i did 50/50 mesquite and oak (or hickory?) so it was nicely smoked but not strong.
That slice on top was a mistake, i dont think it affected the meat other than for presentation but yeah, butterflying meat is a thing to get it to cook quicker/more evenly.

So did she plan on drying and eating the seawood? Processing it for use as makeup or skin cream? There's this really expensive skin cream called La Mer that uses 'miracle broth' made out of seaweed that's like $100 for a small jar, the woman used to like it but i told her vaseline or coconut oil is basically the same thing. Maybe you could use it as fertilizer for plants, i remember buying a kelp additive for my grow before.
I feel like if you visit the ocean regularly you could haul away trunkfuls of seaweed washed up on the beach if you wanted, but isnt there a fair amount of garbage mixed in, like plastic etc?

Not sure if it'll actually be a scrapple type product, which ive only seen on food shows on TV, but what do you call sausage in a pan? Pan sausage? I just dont have the meat grinder and casings to make proper sausage, but I'll make the filling and press it into a pan and cook it that way, and after slicing it up you can crisp it up on a frying pan too. Got some frozen pork blood, some oatmeal and barley, maybe put some grits in there for a more scrapple-like texture, we'll see. Oh and I can use bits and pieces of meat plus that brisket fat.

Latest posts

Latest posts