What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2019-2020

shithawk420

Veteran
I had to sleep at a truck stop in a semi before in the plastic passenger seat.i didn't actually sleep.went and got a small bottle of liquor so I might have slept an hour or 2 but it sucked

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club

how hav you been hawk. sucks to sleep in the jumper seat man
can you feel teh chill in the air, its fall time and the nights are getting cooler! pops loves wearing long sleeves and shorts
i like sleeping at truck stop better then rest stops when on the road, just because of the amenities and you are not sleeping out in the middle of nowhere on the side of th road
/thats how doob stocks his dungeon
its not that bad and the diesels hummin is just white noise
i dident know we were cooking for the dog too baba!
/good on you brother
i have to take mexican medicines too! for my ichies; pops hand full of rasinbow colored pills
drat! fentanyl again!
i have no idea what the mrs wants to do with this haul from the sea
this morning it looked like davy jones locker washed up on on the back porch, but what am i to do?
i just like corn

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I feel ya Hawk, I once had to sleep at a rest stop in the passenger seat of a honda civic, the seat didnt go down all the way and it was uncomfortable as heck, like sleeping on a bumpy mattress. It was quiet enough but hardly slept an hour the whole night.

I guess if youre not inhaling diesel fumes all night you can get used to the low rumble of semi engines idling, plus ur right Pop being near people and bathroom/store is nice.

And DB makes a good point, those semi's have a little sleeping/living section in the back, decent bed, mini fridge, maybe a tv too. Can just shack up there for the night and sleep like a baby.

Let us know what you do with the seaweed, one man's trash is another man's treasure eh? Maybe she'll make a halloween costume out of it, like Swamp-Thing.

Hey Hippy, scrapple is a thing out in Pennsylvania Dutch Amish country, it's basically polenta (a loaf made of cornmeal/grits) that has scrap pig parts mixed in, the stuff they use for hot dogs (snouts, offal, fat, some meat etc). I think they cook down the pig parts and chop em up before mixing it with the cornmeal. They chill it to let it set then slice it up and pan fry it to make it crispy. If you like grits and hot dogs it's probably like that minus the sodium even though ive never had it. I think it tastes a lot better than it looks, and it's a good way to use up all the parts of the pig. Waste not want not right?

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
but thats where the flavors come from aoh
as far as weird foods go hippy', scrapple is not that bad
as much as i like steaks (rib eye ftw), some of these ground meat things can be pretty good

you dont like corn hawk?! it has the juice
it would be sweet to put a camper shell on the wagon for camping, (would be like stayin at the ritz) but it would add a lot of underutilized weight most of the time
ive shown you the set up with the camo netting so we can sleep in the bed
trk.jpg

i had a dodge dakota that i had a shell on , but i rolled that truck down a hill back in the day
man, i have no idea what she has in mind for this stuff and it kind of rained today so its even soggier than it was when we first broght it home
im not going to say too much, but might aviod andthing she makes that smell like ocean water
so pops gets all slicked up for tnf football game! moar hanna storm milf coverage please
but naw man... naw
i guess they dont offer that option every game? oh yeah, now i get to listen to al michaels; mexican sumulcast was kind of fun but i need to brush up on my spansih
and whats this with the orange outfits? am i watching last weeks den v colts game again?
this isnt the orgy i signed up for
/wipes off hand and pulls back pants up
//i was debating on deleting that last line! :p
i will save it for sunday when dreamboat baker mayfield comes and plays the rams
the real game im watching will be bills v chiefs, this could be the afc championship preview!
plus we get to see dem'boys v the iron eagles on snf! that sounds be a great game
hope everyone enjoyed the game! woo hoo, another game with less than 20pts!
time to do some drinking

Last edited:

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Scrapple is definitely a type of survival food, Hippy. I think they make other versions as well depending on what your leftover meat product is, there's a beef version and even a clam version. Maybe DB would be into the clam version, with a little tartar sauce on the side?
Seems like scrapple is basically spam that's half cornmeal filler, once you fry it up it kinda looks like fried spam. It has about 1/3 the sodium regular spam does too.
I could buy 6lbs off amazon for like $40, which isnt a terrible deal if you cant buy it locally. There's also stores around here that sells a version from a Wisconsin company for about 4.50lb. May have to try it someday, the pup might really like it too.

Im with Hawk, i like corn on the cob best, canned or frozen corn is good for cooking/recipes that use corn (cornbread, casseroles). But generally i dont eat much corn unless it's in the form of chips or tortillas.

I figured you'd set up a tent on the ground while camping but the truck bed keeps you off the ground at least. I'm sure there's tents that are made to be set up in truck beds too. But yeah, putting a camper shell on a pickup that you use for a daily driver is too much weight most of the time, you want to get more than 10mpg. Plus putting it on and off isn't easy i would imagine.

Baker actually has a high ankle sprain so is out at least a month, PJ walker is going to be starting. I think im going with the rams for that game lol, although he cant be much worse than baker. He was just about the worst starting QB in the league the first 5 games, on par with Fields, he's looking at a backup job next year for sure. Im not sure what the browns offered him as a contract 2 yrs ago but he should have taken it cause man, his weaknesses (lack of pocket presence, mobility, size, ball security) do not overcome his strengths (decent arm, competitiveness).

I kind of liked the bears orange helmets and jerseys, it was actually a more classic orange than the reddish orange theyve been using lately. But yeah that game was a stinker, turned it off in the 3rd qtr. All of these TNF games have been punt-fests.

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
hey hey, yeah man hawk
it was pretty cool watching the snakes talking and had me tripping out on it too
i dont really eat that much corn
when we went to taco tuesday they came on cron tortillas and i would smash on some elotes! but yeah im not that big on corn either
/bonus point for you hawk on getting the next level joke of them being corn snakes
tent sleeping is ok but its a little more work
we have it down so we can pull in and set up in about 20min; i will work on getting the fire prepped and the mrs inlfates the air matress, then we string up the net adn we are set
plus i like being up off the ground in some places
:( no baker baker turnover maker? this makes me so sad
the rams need this win, plus about 5 more to get back on track
you could be right about part of the problem is personel related baba and i would not mind them looking for a new rb
the orange crush look was decent but i will always associate that with the broncs
might head out to a friends house up north tomorrow, he just pulled down his outdoor and its always a fun time smokin on his new stuff plus he makes a mean bbq
the mrs wants to try this place she said was on tripple-d on the dtrive too; she said they have burgers so im in
get em when you can

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I missed the part where you were referring to corn snakes, never really heard that term but i guess it's a non venemous snake that lives near corn silo's to hunt the rats and mice that eat there? And it resembles a copperhead so that's why people tend to avoid them? You see a lot of copperheads while hiking, Pop? I guess theyre pretty dangerous because they actually tend to freeze and dont make noise when humans are near so if youre not looking you can practically step on one by accident, according to wikipedia (lol). Gosh i dont think we have any venemous snakes around the midwest, which im glad of even though i hardly do any hiking.

Alright, an air mattress with the cover over the truck bed is probably better than a tent, except for lack of head room. Can you sit up a bit or do you pretty much have to lay down while in the truck? Lack of head room is what makes most van living harder, have to always be hunched over or on your knees, hard on your back and joints.
A 20 minute camp setup sounds pretty optimized, i guess without setting up a tent it's much faster.

Rams should win easily vs the panthers, even if they play better without matt rhule who was fired on monday. Cam akers missed the last 2 practices for 'personal reasons' and has also been excused from sunday's game; not sure what's going on there but that's... odd. I gather he's frustrated but skipping practices and games for stuff that's not injury related isn't a good sign.

Yeah, denver does rock the all orange uni's once a year dont they? It's hard to make orange look good, it's not a very popular color for clothing unless you want to be high-vis (riding a bicycle at night etc).

BBQ and fresh hash sounds like a perfect weekend, Pop, even better if the mrs wants to try an awesome burger place on the way. Im guessing she wont be having a burger tho.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Still riding the waves of the 29-0 Patriots victory. Saw the new Halloween last night at the theater. Pretty violent. Jamie Lee Curtis sure gave us some good movies.
And they look to put Doober in for Zappe, this is a strange move.

shithawk420

Veteran
since i live in the middle of a corn field i knew it was a corn snake right away.they dont bother me.
yeah i dont even like watching the bears with my dad cause all he does is complain.its like what did you expect.

so im out here in Davenport boys.just for a couple days.get the feel.i can i tell you i dont like it already.its way too congested.finaly got a chance to try chik fila but there was literally about a 50 car lane and said nope.fuck this.went to taco bell instead and it was the worst taco bell ive ever been to.there wasnt even a line and the food was cold and shitty.im already pissed.gonna try to find someplace decent tommorow.maybe sushi or something

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
we dont have copperheads here in socal, we have rattlers
the best thing about them is they announce their intentions well in advance and when you hear that rattle you know to be on your toes
the bad part is when you are blazing trail and suddenly you hear theme going off all around you
/i told you my snake stories from last year; this year has been pretty chill it seems
most snakes dont bother me either, hawk; but at the same time i dont btoher them!
i have this thing about wild animals where i will check you out from afar, but i dont get too close to them and i dont want you getting too close to me most of the time
you can sit up in the bed of the truck but you have to kind of stay low getting around for the most part
its basically for sleeping so it isnt that bad, plus as you can see in that pic, we can peel back part of it for more room, (in this case we did it so we could check out the stars in the desert)
not a good look at all coming from c.akers, a big part of it is the o'line (hondo is not doing well either)
but dont be a little b about it
are you staying at the place you are going to move to hawk?
give it a chance but yeah a long line at chik fitet isnt anything new
i keep odd hours so i go during off peak times when its not so crowded
/exception is in n out, they are always crowded
but yeah man, check out what else there is around town and enjoy the ride
so i guess there is some new hot shit gunslinger about to take the field! then
db.Doober is his name
undrafted by any team he came into camp a little overweight, but he is set to light the nfl UP
who are we to question?! bab should look at picking him up off the waiver wire
tom brady was a late round gem for the pats, and bellickick knows talent when he sees it
doob shoots, he scores!

getting pumped for the trip up north

Last edited:

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah there's all kinds of food where I'm at but it's gonna take more than food to get me to wanna stay.my moms not doing well and she needs help with her dialysis so I'm pretty gonna have to move here.the house is fine but we definitely gotta get it organized.shes a pack rat.the problem is there's just way too many restaurants and stores and people in close quarters.ive lived in the burbs before so it's nothing new.but this...this is just too much.plus I didn't see any gas stations or liquor stores I could just walk to.id probably get hit by a car.or shot.lol just kidding.its actually an OK area.

Yeah hearing a rattler would kinda scare me.especially in the dark.those crazy fucking Indians that have dozens of king cobras and what the fuck ever sleep with their babies and little kids are assholes.its like a literal snake pit.i don't know if they defang them or what but it's still nuts

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, they play at the browns on sunday as 2.5pt underdogs. Browns D-line is playing pretty poorly now, rhamondre might have a big game if damien harris misses it with his hamstring injury.
I dont think ive ever seen any of the halloween movies, not in full anyway. They alright or some get ridiculous? I guess mike myers is basically indestructible, like Jason from the Friday the 13th movies?

Sushi in Iowa, Hawk? That might not be any better than taco bell, haha. But seriously, that sucks you cant find a good meal. Not sure if this is an option for you but almost every restaurant will remake ur meal for you if you complain. Just make sure you eat less than half when you return it haha.

Ah man Pop, walking through dense brush and hearing a bunch of rattlers going off sounds like nightmare fuel. Did that really happen to you? Did you just do a 180 and head straight back the way you came? Sounded like you almost ran into a nest of them.
That's a wise thing in general to avoid wild animals, even seemingly docile ones like elk or buffalo. Anything much larger than you or with horns can mess you up bad if they get spooked enough. Humans are pretty fragile creatures.

I think kyren williams is due to come back from IR soon (high ankle sprain in week 1) and maybe mcvay told akers that kyren is going to be the #1 then. It's weird, akers looked better coming back last year from the torn achilles in 7 months than he does now, with an extra 7 months of healing. But like u said, it's all about the O-line, even stafford looks pretty bad when he's not throwing to kupp.

With chik fil a they have order takers on foot handling long drive thru lines so it does go faster than normal, maybe next time Hawk can wait the extra 15 mins for it. Plus the food should be hot and fresh, that's the one benefit of a busy restaurant, food doesn't sit out and get cold and nasty.

Where r u Hawk, davenport or des moines? Both have populations over half a million so yeah, decent size cities. If youre used to country living i could see how it's a bit of a shock living in a large town/small city, the neighbors are like 100ft away instead of half a mile away. But it seems like youve lived in a bunch of places big and small so it shouldnt take too long to get acclimated to your current situation. And like Pop said, there's advantages and disadvantages to everything.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Bababooey yes Michael Myers is the villain in Halloween...he's an escaped mental patient with like orangutan strength. He gets stabbed, shot, you name it. So do the other characters. You and the Mrs should watch the original one or something.
Poprocks put me in man! I could be a punter or center or something. Some of those centers are like 5'11"-6'.
Checked out a new apartment yesterday. I'm not going to take it and I'll stay here at my dirt pad. It was the top floor of a newer building, 6th floor, elevator, quiet halls, nobody around. Huge windows with views north and rolling hills. Wood floors, new oven/stove, fridge. Nice lighting throughout. Big bathroom. Nice bedroom, big windows. Not going to take it though. Told them I needed until Monday to think about it. Wouldn't hear anyone...would be way up on the very top floor, 6th. I don't want to move my leather loveseat and matress. Would get a mover but I hate hate moving. No way. Would never be bothered up there though. It's really like a penthouse or something. I pray I don't regret this. It's in Cambridge on Mass Ave next to Arlington if you want to map the area. I like my dirt shack. I will Outlast the Russians . They're like 85-90 now.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
f'yea mike myers, heys like rasputin! he just wont die
thats the chinkle!! you thrown everything you have at him and he just keeps coming
so baba, this kid db.doobah, hes a lunch pail kind of player and i like his swaggah! he signs a fat deal with pawts but doesnt let it go to his head
man, even with all the $$$$ doob turns down delux apt in the sky and stands his ground; f' those russians
/shows up for after game press conference dress like zolinski!
just f''n with you friend, xoxo dirt pad ftw! brother
so the miss went on a hike early, i was still sleeping after a slam diego evening but said be home early
its not early adn we are falling behind schedule! plus she might have something to do tomorrow so we wont be sleeping over tonight
im getting wasted man and if she has to drive, then she has to drive
/picture a tiny little lady driving a big ol' pick em up truck blasting country music
#sticktotheplan :(
yeah baba, the rattlers thing did happen to me with the snakes wheil back
i was leading a group through some trail and all of a sudden i heard at least two-three of them go off around me
that got the rest of the started and the next thing you hear is snakes buzzing all around
we halted and i picked up a kid who was walking with up just ot be safe
we picked our way back the way we came and watched every step
last year i almost got zapped by a big ol snake i dident see and thats what worries me them most
/its not the wild ones you see that will kill you
she home and hopefully we will be getting on our way!
/haha hurry up and wait

armedoldhippy

Veteran
as far as weird foods go hippy', scrapple is not that bad

Scrapple is definitely a type of survival food, Hippy.

the best thing about them is they announce their intentions well in advance
the scrapple i have eaten WAS good. i wouldn't drive damn near to the beach to get more, but i liked it.
about the rattlers, ahem...i've only had ONE that rattled, and it didn't start buzzing until my left foot was about to land on it as i high-stepped through some rocks along a trout stream. the others i have encountered just laid there and let their camo take care of the situation. the biggest one (about 4 feet long, we eased her out & checked her ) was coiled up in a crack in the rock i was on while filling my water bottle, about 8 or 9 inches from each foot/leg, and closer to my balls than that... she never rattled or anything, even as we picked her up to count rattles and all. cool snakes...