What's new

NFL 2018

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah Bungle, after having the #1 and #4 overall picks last year, and hitting home runs (so far) with Mayfield and denzel ward, the browns 1st round pick this year was, essentially, O’dell Beckham Jr. Getting a presumptive top 5 receiver of all time is a pretty good get. And OBJ sounds like he’s very happy to be in Cleveland, even though it obviously isn’t NYC. The giants GM said there is no longer a ‘culture’ problem in the locker room, and some people took that to mean getting rid of OBJ solved that problem, but OBJ blasted back on social media that he’s only a cancer when he’s on a losing team. The browns look set to win for at least the next few years, but ya’ll better hope it never turns bad or you’ll see a side of OBJ no one wants to see.

For sure Pop, if I got up at 4am, I’d be ready for bed by 8pm unless I took a nap earlier. Im not really a morning person but as I get older I do find myself going to bed earlier and therefore getting up earlier.

You make some good points about goff, and ur right, the 1st half of last season he legit looked like the #3 or 4 MVP candidate, behind mahomes and brees. Then cooper kupp went down in week 11, gurley got hurt in week 13, and yeah, if he had a healthy gurley (a receiving mismatch out of the backfield) and kupp (his most surehanded receiver) you have to think he’d score more than 3pts against the pats. But I just keep thinking that if mcvay is really an offensive genius, he could mold any talented QB out of the draft into someone you can win a superbowl with. And ‘experts’ say the most valuable commodity in the league is a good young QB on a rookie contract, because he’s making 25-30M less per year than he would get on his 2nd contract, money that can be used to an elite player or two.

I didn’t think the hawks would get a 1st round pick for frank clark, but they got it plus a future 2nd rounder: the chiefs this year (#29 overall) and their 2nd rounder next year (plus trading 3rd round picks this year, which is only a move of like 7 spots). And the chiefs had to pay clark 21M a year, 5 year contract with 3 years guaranteed. But I guess the chiefs are all in on remaking their defense, and clark is supposedly a better run stopper than dee ford was, while still offering that pass rushing. And obviously they thought clark was a better player than anyone they could get at #29, even accounting for the fact they have to pay him 20M a year.

We'll see how the first round turns out tomorrow, Pop. I actually think if anyone might drop it could be Ed Oliver out of the top 10, but i dont think he'd drop past 15.

There's some rumors that arizona might go with bosa at #1 instead of kyler. I still think they go with kyler, but not being able to get a good draft pick for rosen is complicating matters.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
ive been thinking that az has just been paying games re:murray to see what they could get for the #1 pick
the big tell is going to be what they do with rosen between now and then
if you hear they have made a deal for rosen (thinking nyg, lacocs or ne) then they are taking murray #1
if they dont move rosen before the draft i think they take bosa or another top defensive player
if they cant deal rosen before the draft they are kind of up a tree and i think his value goes way down, at least now hes worth at least a 2nd round pick and maybe some picks on the side
but if they do trade rosen, then murray has basically cost them the #1 pick in addition to everything they gave up to draft rosen
im excited about how it all goes down and cant wait to get home tomorrow after work
so it looks like marshawn lynch has decided to call it quits
i spoke to my friend today and gave him one last chance to back out of the bet but hes standing by his dark horse pick
oliver was a slated top-10 then seemed to fall out of favor until he put up monster numbers at the combine
but i tihnk you are righty that hes definitely going top-15

i have weird sleeping habits and get up at all hours whith out feeling tired
i am up daily at about 5a so 4a isnt that bad, especially when i know its to hike and i could relax and nap afterwards
nothing like that first bowl before the sun comes up
hope you had a great day friend and i cant wait for tomorrow

shithawk420

Veteran
Today's the day boys. Hope everyone gets their pics.beutiful Midwest day.im hoping to do some grilling.hope you guys have a good day too

big315smooth

mama tried
Veteran
sun is shining over here great day for grilling. my brother's gonna keep me posted on draft. hopefully everything goes well

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, weather's been pretty decent, sunny but cool, not raining. I actually tried cleaning the grill the other day, took some pics, still not done yet but will post results of the finished prodcut. But let's just say that after having the grill sit outside, covered, the last 2 years, there was a nice thick layer of greenish grayish mold inside the komodo grill...

Ive heard a rumor that Arizona will pick bosa at #1 instead of murray, Pop. Maybe all the hype about them and murray is just a smokescreen to get a team that wants murray (like maybe the raiders) to trade up with them. Who really knows? I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

I know Arizona has essentially said theyre good with having rosen at QB, but if they really believe murray could be elite and rosen not so much, then I would think you have to go with murray. I know youre iffy that he’ll be good in the nfl, Pop, but he set a college record with 11.6 yards per attempt. Not per completion, but per attempt. And yes, he’s short, but he's not slightly built, maybe not as thick as Russell Wilson but closer to that than other short-ish qb's like brees or vick. And his speed and mobility I think will only help him be successful; Arizona had terrible pass blocking last year, murray, like wilson, has the ability to evade the rush and make plays running or throwing. Even if they only get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for rosen, if murray turns out to be great it’s a win, that's how important a good QB is to a team.

I think youre right that rosen's value after the draft wont be as high, the only thing that would help it would be if he gets some play time this pre-season, shows he's at least decent, and some team loses their starter to injury in pre-season. That happened with the vikings a few years ago when bridgewater dislocated his knee in training camp, they had to trade for sam bradford from the eagles, allowing wentz to start as a rookie.

Ive heard an interesting rumor that Daniel jones, the duke QB, may go high in the 1st round, higher than haskins but behind murray. Theyre comparing him to peyton manning, because he’s a 6’5” white guy and was coached by David cutcliffe, who was peyton’s OC in college and also eli’s HC in college. A lot of ‘experts’ are saying that picking jones over haskins would be a bad idea. Im inclined to agree; jones started 3 years at duke and averaged 220yds passing, 1.6td’s 0.8 int’s and 60% completion rate per game. True, duke probably has the least talent in the ACC, and jones did win mvp at the senior bowl, but he didn’t distinguish himself in college, how is he going to excel in a league where 99% of college players don’t make it?

Lynch started slow his 1st year out of retirement (2 years ago) but picked it up the second half of the season. Then last year I think he was mostly injured. So, not really surprising that he retired, an older RB coming off an injured season, it’s doubtful how much he has left, even though at his peak he was really good. Doug martin handled most of the running duties for Oakland last year, and he seemed average at best, but maybe that’s a function of not being on a good team. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see the raiders draft a RB this week, maybe use one of their 1st rounders in the 20's on that RB from bama…

When I get up early it’s usually no earlier than 630am. I cant imagine getting up at 5am all the time, especially if im smoking regularly. That’s why I loved cannabis, when I was younger I sometimes had trouble falling asleep, and a few bong hits before bed would put me out like a light and I’d sleep till 10 or 11am if i didnt have work the next day. But I can see how getting up at 4 aint hard if youre used to getting up at 5, it's only an hour earlier than what youre used to. But waking and baking and then early morning exercise, id be wiped by noon. Or maybe energized, not sure... :)

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
this is the big day boys! yeeehaaaww!!!11!!
we will see if az is serious about taking murray with the #1 pick or if it was all part of an elaborate troll to see if anyone would trade up
i think there are a few qbs who will go in the first round but i ahvent heard much about this kid from duke till today
im hearing the raiders have shown interest in haskins and with the #4 spot, he should be on the board when they pick
they could also use a rb like you said, or any number of other players...
i wouldent mind seeing the rams pick up a back at some point, (prob not with their first pic) after letting cj.anderson go
/i think he got a raw deal and wished they would haven signed him to a two year deal; esp after his contribution during the playoffs
if az dosent get a deal for the #1 i think they take bosa and that changes the 9rs draft
he will most likely start for whom ever picks him on day 1 and seems like a safe choice
i think a lot of lynch playing for the raiders was his connection to the bay area
now that the raiders are moving i think he has less motivation to play
/by play i really mean work out and get in game shape

you can totally post before and after pics baba'
it sounds like you really had your work cut out for you and i applaud your efforts so far
you are in the home stretch and are so close to having your grill back
i have really weird sleep paterns sometimes and have no problem functioning on little to no sleep
there is something about being up super early that i always liked, plus i dont mind a mid day nap if i feel tired
im glad to hear the seasons are changing for all you guys and i hope you get to enjoy the nice weather

the funs is just starting fellas!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, some suprises by oakland at #4 and giants at #6. Raiders picked clelin ferrell, a good Def End but someone projected to be drafted mid or late first round, not top 5. People who say this was a bad pick it's because the raiders could have traded down, still gotten ferrell and gotten more picks in the process. But who knows if ferrell would have been available in the teens or 20's? The draft is like the free market, all it takes is one buyer (or sucker) to like you in order for you to go for a high price.

Same with the giants and daniel jones, most people thought haskins would go to the giants at #6, but they drafted jones because he looked more like Eli. Like literally, the guy is this tall, somewhat goofy looking white dude with a straight face and dark hair. Most people are blasting this pick, saying jones is either overrated or the giants could have drafted him much later or both. And maybe those are both true, but if jones turns out to be a good QB then everyone will look stupid down the line. And we really wont even see this dude play this year, Eli is on the last year of his contract, the giants gm said the plan is to have jones ride the bench for at least a year. So, we'll see how it goes. The giants definitely have their QB of the future, but we most likely wont see what he's like for 17 months (week 1 2020).

The rams, like you suspected Pop, traded their 31st pick, picking up a 2nd and 3rd rounder (45 and 79 overall) from the falcons (falcons also got a 6th rounder, #203 overall). The falcons picked an O-lineman from University of Washington, and the rams now have four day 2 picks (they already had 2 3rd rounders, #94 and 99 overall).

Some potential 1st rounders fell and are still available: aj brown and dk metcalf, WRs from Ole Miss. Jawaan taylor, OL from Florida.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
what a wild first round
its too early to really grade the draft but we saw some teams make pics that no one saw
like you said baba', we wont really know what is what until camp at the earliest and even then some guys might take a year or two to develop
i think the raiders pick at #4 is one of the biggest ???
/and the giants?!?
some quick thoughts from day 1
the big winner here could be the 9rs who got their guy at #2 and josh rosen who may have found a ticket out of az
i think the bills and the redskins had great pics land in their laps with the nyb getting ed oliver and washington landing hasking
still a lot of talent left and we will see how round 2 goes

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
rams trade down again?!?
/hope there still some meat left on the bones, but you can find good ol/ lb/db in the 2nd round
browns score on g.williams out of lsu; guy was supposed to be a top-10 db.
denver may have found their future starting qb in their 2nd rnd pick drew lock
/thats some good value there

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Im a bears fan, Smooth. Pop used to be a chargers fan till they moved out of san diego, now he kind of follows the rams.

I think Dexter Lawrence, the Clemson DT that the giants took at #17, was almost unblockable during the championship game against alabama, if I remember correctly. I don’t think he had any sacks but he kept shedding double teams and getting pressure up the middle, forcing tua to scramble or throw quicker than he wanted.
The problem with the pick is that it was the prime asset NY got for Odell, so getting a run-stuffing DT (he only had 1.5sacks last college season, so he’s not projected to be a big sack getter) for Odell will be considered by many fans to be a BS return.
But in truth, the giants also got a starting safety (jabrill peppers) who returns punts and also a 3rd rd pick for Odell, that 3rd rd pick could be someone special…

Ur so right Pop, people wont know anything about these guys until we actually see them play. Last year some people were thinking Mayfield and ward at #1 and #4 were not great picks for the browns, now they look like building blocks

(maybe) of a championship team. Darius leonard early in the 2nd rd last year was panned as the worst pick of the draft, maybe more that he was taken too early than he was a bad player, but he was all-pro and Def rookie of the year.

I hadn’t heard of clelin Ferrell as a top draft pick until the raiders took him at #4, but he was actually 1st team all American and won college football DE of the year award. So if the raiders think he’ll be better than josh allen or ed oliver or any of those guys taken after him, then I understand why they took him, and we’ll see how they turn out.

Bills might have gotten a steal in ed oliver at #9; ur right pop, oliver has some elite athleticism, he could be the 2nd best def player in this draft after bosa.

Redskins were thought to be a wildcard this draft, there were rumors the owner was going to ‘take over’ the war room and make some wild ass picks, but it turned out they got probably the best value picks in Dwayne haskins at #15 (probably the 2nd best qb in the draft, they need a long term answer at qb, and haskins gets to spend the next 10 years playing the giants twice a year and getting revenge for passing him up) and Montez sweat at #26 (a 260lb DE who ran a ridiculous 4.4 at the combine).

Rosen got traded to the Fins for a low 2nd round pick (#62 overall). Miami signed Ryan Fitzpatrick recently, but like you’ve pointed out in the past, Fitzmagic often turns fitztragic, so rosen should definitely get some playing time this year. Unfortunately, the dolphins are expected to be one of the worst teams in the league, so his situation might not be any better than it was in Arizona, but at least it shouldn’t be any worse.

Bears drafted a RB from Iowa state in the 3rd round, David Montgomery. Supposedly he’s got good size, speed and all around skill, so hopefully he’ll be a better fit for the offense than jordan howard was. They had to trade up to do so, though, giving the patriots #87, #162 (5th rd) and a 4th rounder next year for #73 which they used on Montgomery. Seems kind of steep if you ask me but maybe they really wanted him, I know some projections had him as the 2nd best RB in this draft and a 1st rd talent…

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i think hte bears addressed a need by drafting a rb in the 3rd and he looks like he has a good combination of size and speed
paired with cohen he should fit into the run game
i think the skins came away with a good prospect at qb and i like sweet @#26; even if haskins seemed a bit salty about being passed over and falling to the #15 spot now he can show nyg why they made a mistake not drafting him earlyer twice a year
it will take some time to digest all the rookies and i cant wait to see how they play in the preseason but overall this was a fun draft
hopefully we will hear from more guys and get their takes on how their team drafted
rams went heavy on drafting defensive backs taking 3 in this years draft
hopefully the ot they took in the 3rd round, bobby evans can work his way into the rotation at some point and i like them picking up a rb after letting cj.anderson go
hope your weekend is going great and you had some nice weather
all this talk about grilling has got me going
ive been craving grilled hotdogs so we are going to roll a bunch of them on the grill later today, maybe lay some hamburger patties on too
ill be firing up the old smokey joe because its just going to be the mrs and myself, but we will make a few extra for lunches next week

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, im interested to see what other icmaggers think of their team's draft picks, if they're yay or nay.

I still think Tarik cohen is going to be the main guy in the bears backfield, he actually finished top ten among RBs in fantasy last year. But if this David Montgomery guy is a good all around weapon, he should see work, although it’s hard to imagine he’ll be a better receiver than cohen. He’s certainly not as fast.

Redskins have been given good draft grades by experts, and the giants poor grades. So, like you said, we just have to see who’s wrong and who’s right. Both the skins and giants have their rookie QBs of the future, we should see pretty early on how haskins does, I think he’ll start week 1, and no later than week 4. Daniel Jones might take a while to see the field unless eli totally tanks it, then we might see him play some.

Looks like the rams drafted a corner and two safeties, one in the 7th round? It is a passing league now, so the more depth at DB the better. 7th round picks don’t usually amount to much, theyre usually waived in the preseason unless theyre punters or kickers. And they drafted Darrell Henderson, an RB out of Memphis who led college football the past 2 years with 8.9yards per carry. That’s pretty impressive; hes a little short, under 5’9”, but hes not small at about 210 lbs. Obviously he wont average 9yds per carry in the nfl, but over 5ypc is definitely possible. I heard gurley might be getting stem cell treatments on his knee, in Europe if it’s not approved in the US, so hopefully he can still be the man there. Gurley was basically as good as peak Ladainian Tomlinson the last two years, up until getting hurt in week 13 last season.

Weather got weird yesterday, got a few inches of wet snow yesterday, although it pretty much all melted on its own by today. Still, snow this close to may isn’t good, but that’s the Midwest for you.
So a smokey joe is a small weber grill, one of those portable ones? I guess that’s a good size to use if you don’t plan on cooking a whole bunch of food. Can u just use a smaller amount of charcoal in the bigger grill, or is the fire too far away from the food unless you put a good amount in there?

shithawk420

Veteran
Yeah the weather got wierd baba.been raining of on on in bumfuck Illinois.my power is gonna go out any second. with the grill as long as it's hot and the grill isnt too far from the heat it will cook.im not a master yet but here are the 3 rules.keep it clean, keep it hot,and keep it lubricated.i mean the grill of course lol

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
we can apply those three rules to just about anything in life hawk' and you will come out a winner,brother
hope you arent in the dark too long
so when the power goes out do you just get by on cowboy cooking, mre's, ???

i think they are hoping that the rookie rb will fill andersons shoes as the short yardage, banger back while gurley will be the premier runner
depending on how he can play, we might even see some two back sets
???!!!
like with the rams i think the bears drafted their rb looking to fill a role
cohen is a super athlete, but can he handle 250+ touches in a season
i see this new kid as hopefully playing a role in the offense and filling j.howards place
yeah the smokey joe is like a mini webber grill
ive had ol' girl for more years than i want to mention but she gets the job done
you can use less coals and it heats up pretty fast, so if you are just layin down something quick it works great
heck, ive smoked ribs in this bad'B and she gets the job done
sure its the mini status, but you just take smaller bites

shithawk420

Veteran
Oh boy.my next door neighbor just ODed and died at 4 in the morning.i freaked out and got my plants out.fuckk I'm freaking.who wee.

The bears got Cohen,Duke and Montgomery.hehe bad ass mother fuckers.i can't wait.all in good fun

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah hawk, lot of rain lately, but my power's been stable so far so im thankful. Last november or december we had a big ice storm and a bunch of power lines went down, took like 12 hours to get it back, that wasnt fun, watching inside temps inch towards freezing...
Sorry to hear about your neighbor, hopefully you'll be ok and no one bothers you much. It's sad, but such things are not that uncommon anymore...

MRE's, huh Pop? You know, I’ve seen some youtube videos on people eating those, and they actually don’t look that bad. They sell them online too, I think theyre popular with preppers, and if you buy them by the case of 12 theyre about $7-8 each, which isn’t too bad for a self-heating multiple course meal. So what do you think, should I give up summer grilling and just dine on MRE’s this season? :)

Can Henderson really take the place of CJ Anderson as the power back? He’s like 40lbs lighter than CJ. Then again, cj did admit last year he was overweight.

We’ll see how Montgomery does for the bears, I imagine he’ll play quite a bit in the preseason. Cohen is tough for his size, but ur right he probably cant handle 20 touches a game, maybe 15 a game which amounts to 240 for the season. So, a lot of opportunity in the bears backfield for mike davis and David Montgomery.

Ah, so the weber grills are good for smoking as well? Just use lump charcoal because it lasts longer than briquettes and turn the air flow real low? Can you do a 10+ hour smoke in a weber for the big cuts of meat like pork butt and brisket?

Sunshineinabag

I have mres still from OIF lmao! I'm a true hoarder! I do like the oatmeal and peanut butter ......hey I told u I'm a whackado!
I'm a giants fan, I know folks are really pissy it seems with genttlemans picks........I can't say a word until I see them in the first few weeks of their play. I'm concerned that we don't have an offensive line, I may be wrong.....I'm hoping jabril peppers gives our opponents in the NFL north issues like he did us Giants everytime we played against him! He is a beast when he performs!

Latest posts

Latest posts