What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2018

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, I started drinking more when i stopped with the herb like 9 months ago. Sheeee-it, makes me think i should take back up with the cannabis to curb my drinking. :biggrin: Have to keep it from the woman though, and that's hard, she's got a sense of smell like a bloodhound.

I remember us talking about the 50/50 beef/bacon burgers before. I guess those are burgers you can cook well done but are still juicy from the bacon, or you can cook the bacon part way before mixing with the ground beef for more crisp when cooked?

It's nice to have a fancy burger once in a while, but for regular good eating it's much more cost efficient to make ur own. Can probably make 5-6 burgers with all the fixings at home for what it costs for one at a fancy joint.

Last year i even got a case of patties from sams, just their member marks brand 1/4lb patties, they actually were about the same quality/texture as mcdonald's quarter pounders, pack of buns and american cheese i figured i could make my own quarter pounders with cheese at home for $1.25 each instead of paying $4 at miccy d's. Not that i eat at mcdonalds that much, but it was nice to keep a bunch of patties in the freezer and know if i was hankering for a cheeseburger i could throw a few on the skillet and have burgers in 15 mins or less.

We have lots of red robins around the midwest Pop, and yes they have endless fries, but they tend to give you a good portion with ur burger. I love fries myself but im not sure i ever ordered a 2nd portion of fries, but it's been over a year since ive been there so not sure. What i probably ended up doing was eating the woman's portion, she doesnt go for fries that much.

Fantasy leagues are very customizable but yes, in general leagues award more pts for longer field goals, like FGs up to 29 yds are 3pts, 30-39 4pts, 40-49 5 pts, and 50+ FG's 6pts. Just for example, some leagues may limit long FGs to 5 pts, not 6. But if you have a kicker with a bunch of FGs or 1 or 2 long ones, that can be a hefty amount of fantasy pts. Justin Tucker for the ravens, from like 2014-17, the team had a bad offense but he was very accurate and had distance and he was the best kicker in fantasy since his team depended on him to score so much, he'd get drafted pretty high in fantasy, like before the 10th rd sometimes.

Xtra pts are just 1 pt, but ever since the nfl moved the xtra pt line back, it's now like a 30yd FG so kickers only make it 90% of the time, not 99.5% of the time, and you lose pts when kickers miss extra pts or short FGs, like -1 or -2. So that has depressed kicker scoring a bit.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
so how many points would an average kicker get you in a game
say a couple field goals and an extra point or two, thats say 10-12pts
/assuming a couple 30-40y kicks and a couple extra points
so even the best kicker is a low round pick? about how many rounds are your drafts
/just for reference who was your kicker last year and how was he?
thanks for answering all these questions ; i am trying to get a better idea of fantasy football so maybe i will want to play this next season
now i remember talking about slaters 50/50 with you baba'
it was back around christmas one year and we were making bacon/ beef sliders
man, that was fun...
/leans back and blows a huge cloud of smoke while reminiscing about good times gone by
i get those pre-made burgers too from costco; they are pretty good quality and super convenient to keep around the house
i also like they are preformed quarter pounders, so if you want to make tacos or something you just pull off four patties and you have your pound
how are the burgers at red robin, do you have a favorite? i will have to go and check it out sometime soon
i dont mind mcdonalds burgers, they are what they are but man i have some good memories at that place; the big mac is a classic taste and i also like their mcdoubles burger
plus i think they have some of the best fries
that sucks that you laid off the ganja brother, was it the mrs or did it interfere with your flow?
i guess you could try vaping or eating it to keep down the smell, but maybe if you talked with your lady about health effects and how cannabis isnt that bad for you, you could find some middle ground
hope your having a great start to your week baba', kick ass brother

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Kicker pts can really vary game to game, it’s almost like it’s the inverse of how well the team scores. The team could score 5 tds, 35pts, but ur kicker would only get 5 extra pts for 5 pts. Conversely, if the team scores 15pts, 5 FG’s, ur kicker could have a 20+pt game (if a few of those FGs were 40 or 50 yarders) which is a good game from a RB or WR.
I think I started out with cody parkey of the bears in both my leagues, and that didn’t work out so well. L, then I moved on to dan bailey, who was let go by the cowboys and signed with the Vikings, and then in one league someone dropped zuerlein of the rams when he got hurt so I snagged him. Fantasy is a game of hits and misses, and you can have a high pt total one week and then crap the bed the next week, it really is like gambling/luck most of the time.
Player rankings before the draft are pretty good, imo, like ive seen auto-drafted teams make the playoffs many times. So for drafting strategy, I tend to go just go with the default rankings for your league (yahoo, espn and nfl . com are the most popular ones) and then supplement with any players you think will do better than similarly ranked players. That’s how I ended up with mahomes in both my leagues, it was like 8th rd or later (10th? Cant remember) in my drafts, most of the elite qb’s were gone, I drafted him over guys like garappolo, dak, kirk cousins.
Mcdonalds isn’t high quality food, of course, but I find it tasty when it’s hot and fresh. Their burgers are all-beef, no soy or fillers, although they do use a beef ‘slurry’, which is like taking all the stuff that falls on the slaughterhouse floor and grinding it up and adding it when they form the patties. I think that’s what the Costco and sams club house brands do with their all beef patties too, makes it have a more ‘processed’ texture than patties packed by hand, but for the convenience I don’t mind (I haven’t used them for tacos, but have put them in hot dog buns, used them on top of hash browns for breakfast, etc), and at least it’s not soy.
I think I had a bacon cheeseburger at red robin, don’t remember too much about it but im sure it was good, yknow, like Fuddruckers or Five Guys, places like that that that hand pack burgers and cook them to order. Funny thing is, I was actually looking for a Fuddruckers last month and the one I went to before closed down, think there’s only like 3-4 left in the greater Chicago area. Red Robin has some special burger with deep fried avocado strips out now, that might be interesting? You cant go wrong with red robin, their fries are these big thick cut rectangle fries, nice and starchy with a lot more body than shoestring fries.
Im not sure why I laid off the ganja, mostly for the woman I guess and also to prove I could do it. Now I’d have to really hide it, it some edibles, but I still need to cook it to make it potent and not sure I can get away with the smell it would make, she’d still smell it even hours later….

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
women have a really good sense of smell and its super hard to hide the smell of simmering ganja
thats cool you took a hiatus from weed and i bet next time you take a hit it will be first timer rad!
i could use a break from smoking too, but i probably wont
i go through phases where i smoke more or less, but its always there
im lucky tho because the mrs smokes too so she never complains
she was actually h.a.f the other day after making some cheerio treats to take with her on a trip she is taking this weekend; one of those things where she was doing something all goofy and when i asked her what she was up to you could see it on her face she was so high
we saw that commercial about the fried avocado slices on the burger! that looked so good
i wonder if they will just sell you those deef fried avocado things?
i like the big steak cut fries and it sounds like im going to have to check out this red robin
do you have afavorite burger joint in your area?
so because you drafted mahomes in the previous season do you have rights to him this year? how many years can you claim him for?
hope your week is off to a great start man!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Hey Hawk, how you doing? You need to hang in there buddy, you're one of the few bears fans on this forum, and our team is finally good now after 5 years of shit. Just wait another couple months for training camps to open, we'll have football to look forward to again. Hopefully by then you can keep the drinking under control.
tiphat.gif

Ur right, pop, once i do partake ill probably get haf off of one good rip. Not sure if that's a good thing either, the woman will probably be able to tell...
comfort.gif

I wish she would smoke too but thats not going to happen. Ah well, ill figure something out, eventually. It's not that high (pun intended) of a priority for me right now.
biggrin.gif

It's actually a chicken breast instead of a burger with the fried avocado strips at red robin. Plus avocado, jalapeno ranch, mayo, romaine lettuce, red onions on a sesame bun. Looks good but it's like $12.60 for the sandwich with endless fries. Not a bad deal i guess, their regular bacon cheeseburgers are almost that much. You can dress up your fries with chili&cheese or voodoo style (bacon and jalapenos and cheese) for $3 extra. That might make your fries like a meal by themselves.

My favorite of the big burger chains is maybe Five Guys, i think theirs is the tastiest burger. Like even an hour old and lukewarm, with somewhat wilted veggies, i found their burgers delicious. Couldnt say that so much about an hour old big mac or whopper, yknow? But 5 guys is quite a bit more expensive than the cheap places, like $12+ with fries, but they do give you quite a bit of fries...

There are dynasty leagues where you can keep players from previous years. It's all customizable, some you can just elect to keep 1 player, some all players (so the only players to get drafted are rookies), some you can either keep a player and that will replace that draft's pick - so if i drafted mahomes in the 7th rd i could keep him and just give up my 7th rd pick this year, leagues like that you only tend to keep the players that far outperformed where you drafted them.

Ive never played in a dynasty league however but one of my commishes may change things up this year, we'll see...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
got ya baba'
ive heard people talk about dynasty leagues, that sounds kind of cool
i think it places more emphasis on finding the sleeper picks because you will have first dibs on them the next year
hope mahomes pans out for you, for a 7th rnd pick i think that is sopme good value right there
plus if you can pick up another qb you will have some good trade bait
that right, its achicken breast sandwich at red robin
the mrs usually goes for those kind of things, fish or chicken
she only gets a burger at in n out, because they dont ahve anything else but burgers (they will also make you a grilled cheese but i would give her endless shit for ordering something like that)
good on ya' brother for being able to put pot on the side for now
handle your biz and kick ass man, weed will always be there or not (maybe its just a part of your lifestyle now)
i can understand smoking less or even only smoking on special occasions if thats what work for you
/wait what? this is pops your talkin' to bruh; im packing a fat on right now!
does the old lady drink with you or is she just not cool with the weed?
i know a lot of people who arent cool with weed, or at least as far as i can tell they arent; so i dont make it part of the conversation (mostly at work)
but the people who know me know i smoke like a chief and weed will probably always be a part of my lifestyle
i am in great shape physically and i like to think im sharp as a razor mentally, but ive been smoking pot all my life and dont see myself giving that up
if anything i should stop with the liquor and smoke more, i used to call it green and clean
/im clean except for the green

im glad you brought up hawk baba
i dig the cat and hop the best for him; hes like out resident enforcer who isnt afraid to tell it like it is when he needs to
maybe if he can stick to beer on most days its a step in the right direction; but thats a choice only he can make
we are all rooting for him and only want him to be happy

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, not sure if one of my leagues will go dynasty, or even if mahomes will be my keeper (if i only get to keep one) if it does. I dont expect him to throw 50 tds again, not with tyreek suspended (probably) for a while. Still, even if he throws 35 tds, that's great value for where i drafted him (not sure if it was 7th rd, thats mostly a guess).

Ill keep you up to date with what happens either way though.

My woman is pretty much a teetotaler, no cannabis, very seldom drinks (2-3x a year might have half a glass of wine). So yeah, not great for me that she's like that. Or maybe it is and i just dont know it. :)
Cannabis is certainly one of the most innocuous drugs, you can be in great shape even chiefing every day. It's supposed to be a great neuroprotectant, and so will help keep your mind free of dementia, parkinsons, MS as you age. So yeah, keep on toking, youre (eventually) going to be one sharp, active 90 year old when your peers are using walkers or cant remember their name. :tiphat:

I think Shithawk is one cool and funny dude, and he's a fellow bears fan, so ill always root for him. Stay safe out there, Hawk!

Funny you mentioned in and out again. I havent been to one in 10 years, but when i was out in LA and went to one, i wasnt overly impressed. I mean, it wasnt bad of course, but with the hype i expected to be blown away. But yknow, maybe thats my mistake, thinking a mere burger, no matter how good, can be a life changing event. It's good food, and well-priced, and what more can you expect? Maybe i should have gotten it animal style or something.

We were talking about mixing bacon in the burger mix, i saw on you---tube, theres this guy named sam who made a 4x4 animal style burger, he used 80% 80/20 ground beef and 20% chopped up raw bacon. The thing looked glorious. I'm finna have to do that the next time i make burgers, maybe ill use 90/10 beef, that actually is a bit cheaper and more availalbe than the 80/20 at sams, and the fat in the bacon should make up for the leaner beef?

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah teh fat in the bacon lets you use a leaner ground beef for sure
i think when we made ours we went with like 80/20 but the bacon really keeps it juicy
i n out is good but its just a regular burger so i can see how you might have been underwhelmed
the thing is the quality or the food for what you spend on your meal
they recently raised their prices but you can still get a dbl/dbl (two meat/two cheese) drink and fries for like $8
i get mine animal style, where they put mustard on the burger while it is cooking
/grilled onions and extra pickles
its pretty bomb and the thing that you want to try are animal fries
they put the spread (kind of like thousand island dressing) on an order or fries and then top it with cheese and melt it
ive had my share of girlfriends growing up who dident smoke and it was not ideal for someone like me
i remember once even lying to a girlfriend about not smoking, but she could always tell
/was it the smell or the sparklies in the eyes, i could never figure out
most of my family dosent smoke or drink so i know what you mean about tea totatlers but im old enough that they seldom give me crap about it anymmore
yeah i dont know what to think about the chiefs this year
they will not be the team they were last season when they had k.hunt and t.hill; but i believe in mahomes and think he can still put up the points
i think the chargers look like the best team in the west right now with a high powered defense leading the way
/the offense is solid B+/ A- but their D should be one of the best in the league
shithawk is a solid dude for sure man!
i like the guy too and think he is solid
he might get salty at times but i enjoy his comments and the fact he will not hesitate to step in and check someone if they need it in the thread

almost the weekend guys! we totally got this

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I know we had a lengthy discussion a while ago about mixing bacon in hamburger meat, which now that im planning to do some grilling this season is definitely in the plan. My local sams club seems to only carry 90-10 and 80-20, and the 80-20 is actually more expensive but only slightly, like less than 50 cents a lb, so may just buy that instead. Cant wait to post up some food pics this summer.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, after hearing all the hype about in and out, going there it was like, yeah it's better than miccy d's but not like 2-3x better (imho). But i needed to go animal style on the burger and especially the fries, ive heard people online say I&O actually has some pretty crappy fries unless you get them well done or animal style. If i ever get the chance to try i again ill do it proper next time.
smile.gif

But ur right, I&O hits a sweet spot between price and quality, between mcD/BK ($5-6 meals) and 5 Guys/Shake Shack/Red Robin ($10-15 meals). I had a buddy who would travel for work and he'd always make it a point to hit up I&O when he could, because he could get a quality, filling meal for $7-8.

Im not sure i ever had a GF that was cool with smoking, maybe that's my problem, heh. But yknow, the ol' Ball and Chain keeps me in check, so not all bad. Every wild animal needs a handler...
And i guess you dont want to throw your vices in your family's face but it is nice being all growns up and not having to live under anyone's rules but ur own. Plus as long as youre taking care of ur business who cares how u live ur life?

I read an article recently that says the chiefs have the best odds to win the superbowl this season, at 16%. Saints are at 15%, patriots 12%. Theyve probably improved their D and mahomes is still super dangerous, like aaron rodgers with a stronger arm, i actually believe if any QB can throw for 50tds in multiple seasons it's him, i just dont think it will be next season.

I agree with u on the chargers theyre very talented all around, if lynch can keep that team improving it'll be scary. They went from 9 wins to 13 the last 2 years, guess theyre going to win 14-15 this year. The only thing that will stop them is if Rivers hits a wall, he's 38 and still slinging it well but sometimes with these older qb's the end comes quick.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
from everything i hear rivers is still holding up for a guy who has played as long as he has
hes a big guy who rarely gets hurt
unless he get seriously injured i think he should have a great season, maybe not putting up the numbers like he had in the past but still leading a high powered offense
one thing about qb's is they play to the situation; if your team is behind a lot they are going to be passing, if you guys are in the lead the offense will mix in more running plays to grind the clock
i think this season the chargers are going to be pretty balanced
if the defense keeps imporving they could be really good this year
i am concerned about the chiefs not having the weapons they had last season but still see them as a top-5 team in the afc
yeah man, i remember that time we talked about the bacon sliders!
i think the 80/20 and some bacon will give you a really juicy burger and have a lot of good flavor off the grill
i totally hope you are able to enjoy some grill time this summer brother
the i&o isnt the best burger and their menu is totally sparse but the burgers are good and fresh
the fries are just ok, pretty much like any shoe string fries, but they are fresh cut
if you get another chance go animal style on everything
they have this whole secret menu, thats not much of a secret anymore) that kind of gives you some variety but its still just about burgers, shakes and fries
it sounds like you and your wife have a good balance and im sure she brings a lot of joy to your life
mrsChicky can be a really handful at times (like most of the time) but we have a good thing going and we both know it
sometimes i feel that she gets out of hand but she rarely crosses the line, if anything im the one who is usually pushing things too far
hope you and your lady are happy together for many years to come brother!
we all can use a soothing yin to our raging yang every now and then

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah rivers is playing so well, and he doesn’t turn 38 until December, when the season is almost over. I feel he’s another qb, like brady and brees, that could play well into his 40’s. And like you said, having a good team around him makes a QB that much better; I think he twice led the league in turnovers the last 5-6 years, when the chargers had a bunch of injuries and the Def wasn’t as good, he had to press a lot and that led to mistakes. Now though, with a healthy joey bosa from the start and derwin james, plus their draft and free agency, yeah they could have a top 5 defense easily. I might have to draft them in fantasy this season if I cant get the bears or ravens…

It’ll be interesting to see what the chiefs do, I think their D improves and the offense takes a step back, if only because they wont have to throw so much if their D can keep opponents from scoring on them so much. Like you said, run the ball more when you have a lead, milk the clock, and mahomes is always ready to convert a 3rd and long when called upon. That guy was amazing, even in 3rd and 20, when most teams just run a draw and then punt, he’d drop back, scramble, and then flick a pass 25yds for a 1st down.

Broncos are another afc west team that could be interesting at QB. Im not sure about Flacco, he’s got a strong arm but not much else, but Drew Lock they drafted in the 2nd rd, he started 4 years in the SEC, has a strong arm, he could be interesting if he gets some playing time midway through the season.

It’s so hard for me to remember what I&O tasted like cause it was so long ago, I do recall the veggies on the burger being very fresh and cold, much more so than you get at other fast food places, so that’s something. And I totally didn’t know about the animal style menu back then, what a missed opportunity. And the limited menu is actually a plus, it’s like mcdonalds back in the day all they had was burgers fries and shakes, when you limit ur menu you can do everything well. When you start adding chicken sandwiches, nuggets, tenders, breakfast, coffee drinks, etc etc then you lose focus and quality can suffer. That’s the thing with McD’s and BK and Wendys nowadays, when it’s made hot and fresh and properly imo I find it pretty tasty, almost as good as more expensive options, but when they give you old food tho it can be disappointing to downright revolting.
SteaknShake and Culvers are Midwest chains that probably best approximate I&O quality and price point, although they don’t have that secret sauce, just mayo and a butter bun at culvers (butterburgers), and ketchup mustard mayo at steakNshake. Still, the meat, veggies and bun are better quality than you find at the more common chains.

Yeah, my woman definitely keeps me on my toes, although it’s frustrating when she seems to lurch from one folly to another. But yknow, live and learn and all that. :)

Hey Hawk, you around? Pipe in if you can, let us know ur ok. :biggrin:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
yeah it would be nice to hear form our man hawk
just drop in and say hello brother

i think the broncos could be a decent team and should improve on their 6-10 record from last year
flaco should provide some stability at qb and give lock a chance to get his feet wet and learn from the bench
i also liked their rb lindsey and the defense should be stronger with chubb and miller again
i tihnk the chargers will have one of the top defenses in the league
where would you think they would go in your fantasy league
speaking of fantasy, when would you typically draft your D? like i imagine your top -5 spots are all position players
/qb, wr rb types
but when would you draft a D
(we already talked about kickers being almost the last player you would draft or at least near the last; i tihkn you mentioned #10?)
there is definitely something to be said for keeping your menu simple and doind what you do well
just look at chik-fil-et (or however they want to spell it)
love those things and even thoe they do breakfast too its still chicken
/their breakfast sliders are bomb and the breakfast burritos are good too
im hearing about a lot of these new places, a few coworkers just got back from nyc and said this place called shake shack is good
hahah, thats funny you mention the wifes follies
what kind of crazy stuff does she get into?
(if its anything like mrsChicky and her wild riding ion the mountain bike or her crazy tolerance for the eatables this should be a good story)
hope you are having a great weekend baba'!
kick ass bhrother

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, i think phillip lindsay was one of my waiver wire pickups last year, i drafted royce freeman but he never really took over the starting job and then lindsay really blew up the 2nd half of the season once he became the main guy. Guy is unbelievably quick, i think someone said he makes other players look like theyre in slow motion, he's so jittery and sudden with his jukes and cuts.

Thats the thing with flacco, statistically he's not really any better than keenum is, he's just bigger and stronger. Im looking forward to seeing lock at some pt this season, maybe this will be flacco's career from now on: start the season, then make way for the hot young rookie.

Well, i tend to go along with the experts and just draft my defense and kicker in the last 2 rds, 16th and 17th rd in most standard drafts. I have a league where we start 6 Individual Defensive players and that draft goes like 27 rds.

I of course have a lot of bears fans in my leagues so i expect the Bears DST to get drafted early this year, maybe 7th or 8th rd, so i wont be picking them up. I think getting the chargers in 16th rd would be a great value if they get a lot of sacks and turnovers.

Yeah, we've been getting chick fil a up in IL the last few years, they do chicken right, although one time i did have a disappointing chicken sandwich, thing was small and dry, was crappier than a mcD's chicken sandwich. I think with fast food places they really have to throw food out that sits more than half an hour if they want to keep quality up.

Shake shack we have in and around chicago, theyre good too, they even have that special sauce like I&O, mayo-ketchup-pickle based. I once made some replica shake shack burgers, at least their sauce (they use some proprietary beef blend of brisket, shortrib, chuck) and it was good. Then i got lazy and now i just make replica Quarter Pounders w/ cheese w/ frozen patties.
biggrin.gif

It's not so much follies but a lot of last minute things: oh hey, we have to leave in 10 minutes to run 4 hours worth of errands. Im like, gee thanks for the heads up.

Or it's a lot of emergency things for her family. Hey, my sister's car engine started smoking, we have to go meet her where she pulled over. Or hey, my dad's car was towed, we have to go get it out of impound. Im like, sheeeeee...iiiitt. Wish you had a smaller family.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i think a lot of the secret sauces are based on the mustard,,ketchup and mayo in some combination
you can always add some relish or maybe kick in some seasonings but its basically a variation of thousand island dressing in most cases
some places have their own unique sauces too; a friend once said that jack in the box secret sauce is mayo and onion powder
i think the shake shake is owned by some big time celebrity chef so i bet they use a good mix of beef cuts and probably have really good ingredients
/you can always taste fresh
i will have to try it one of these days
that sucks that you got a bad sandwich at chickfilet; did you tell them something was wrong?
one thing ive noticed is they have really good customer service in addition to having really good food
i am a big fan of their chicken sandwichs and waffle fries but dont go there that much
i agree that flaco isnt that much a step up and we will see how lock develops
/he will def play in the preseason and might get some playing time in the regular season depending on how flaco does
i like lindsay and think he will only improve with a whole season of carries
but the afc west is going to be hot hot hot this year, so denver will need to have a really good season just to keep up
i guess im kind of lucky that most of mrs chickys fam lives back east
they come out every now and then but arent that much of a problem to me; usually i just have to hear about the stuff they do ; because of the distance im kind of insulated
its nice to help out every now and then but i know what you mean about some people always having a problem or something they need help on
hope you are having a great weekend man and are set for a kick ass week!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, there's definitely mustard in most of the secret sauces, but usually no more than a squirt or two, whereas it's mayo, ketchup, minced pickle or relish for the base. Doesnt thousand island dressing have little chunks in it, which is the pickle or relish? Im not sure, ive only looked up recipes for I&O and shake shack sauce, neither of which had more than a squirt of mustard in it.

I think for I&O's sauce, they recommended dill pickle instead of sweet relish, because chopped up pickle has more substance and the the sauce doesnt need the added sweetness.

Ah, Jack in the box, that's one that we dont have around Chicago. I hear good things about JitB, it's good greasy food for a cheap price, and their 2 tacos for a dollar or something is also a great deal. I had a friend that moved out to arizona, he gained 100lbs just eating JitB for every meal. Yikes.

I went through the drive thru at chick fil a and i could have turned around but didnt bother, though i should have. Same thing with wendys last year, went through the drive thru, got some putrid burgers they must have saved from last night, should really have gone back and made a fuss but just ate them all angry and depressed like. I dont think they made me sick although i didnt feel so hot after.
But ur right, waffle fries are the bomb. Curly fries at arby's too, though i havent been to arbys in ages.

Yeah, chiefs and chargers in the west will be great. Broncos, the D and RB's will be good, QB and receivers are up in the air. And the raiders, well the draft expert for ESPN, Mel Kiper Jr, thinks oakland will win the division this year they had such a great draft. So maybe show that news to your coworker and take that bet with him. But i think maybe Kiper doesnt watch much NFL with that opinion, that or he's being really kind to mike mayock, his former coworker who's now oakland's GM.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
ive heard a couple places mention the raiders name being in the hunt for the afc west based on landing ab and their draft
the chargers are proven and should only get better this season, unless something crazy happens; maybe rivers gets hurt or anthony lynn suddenly decided to channel the spirit of norv turner and starts coaching like crap
the chargers are going to be a tough team
same with the chiefs
i am a big fan of andy reid and i like pat mahomes; they may take a step back but will still be a top team in the afc
again, unless something crazy happens like mahomes getting hurt or andy reid quits coaching to answer his true calling and becomes a competitive eater
/goes on to set numerous world records in the profession
i would like to see the broncos have a break out year this season but we will see
/they have a good D and i think lock could develop, plus they have a decent run game
raiders... yeah they are the darkest horse of all for sure
you have to wonder which david carr is going to show up this season and they have a run game built on a rookie and the muscle hamster doug martin ( he had a couple good seasons in tampa bay but hasnt really been that great)
again, unless something crazy happens...
:)
aw man, i forget they dont have jitb in other palces (jack in the box)
jack' is always coming out with crazy new menu items, but have a solid list of favorites
/i usually just get the jumbo jack, a burger with the basic toppings (lettuce, onion, pickle and tomato) with their secret sauce
but like you said they have these tacos that are insanely good and dirt cheap!
they are these weird cat food tacos but you have to get a couple ($1.29) no matter what else you buy
but they always have these crazy new burgers and some new deal at jacks
they also serve full menu all day long! so if you want to stop in for a burger but feel like grabbing an egg sandwich for the drive home, they got you covered!
you could always call the spot later that day if they get your order wrong through the drive through
chick filet has great customer service and will always replace your food if you arent happy with your meal
you just call them and let them know over the phone and they hook you up the next time come back

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Hey Earth to Hawk, you out there?

Raiders i think went 3-4 at the end of last season, Carr was playing better, then adding Brown and three 1st rd picks, I mean I guess there's hope that they'll be competitive next year. Broncos also added a talent infusion where they needed it. But ur right, chiefs and chargers are the bullies in that division, and without major injuries they should come out on top. Although, every team is subject to some randomness in outcome of 1 score games; a special teams mistake here, a turnover there, even a good team could lose 2-3 close games a season. So it's possible the chiefs and chargers could only win 9 games this season just based on some bad luck in close games.

Aw pop, don't you know, in those professional eating contests, it's usually the normal looking person who wins out, not the big people. Pro eating is all about how much you can expand your stomach and how quickly you can chew and swallow, neither of which seem to be related to how big you are, at least at that level.

Ive heard stories that Reid eats KC bbq like every day of the week, im amazed he hasnt had any health issues yet. Guess he's got good genetics.

Yeah, I think they have JitB in the midwest but closest to chicago is Indianapolis and St Louis.

I also looked up their secret sauce, I think a copycat of that is thousand island dressing (2parts) and mustard (1part), so that's one secret sauce recipe with a lot of mustard. Also, like you said, their mayo is mayo mixed with onion powder and lemon juice. Like a tangy, oniony mayo? That could be good, the woman is partial to garlic mayo/aioli.

I hear stories of people getting 2 tacos to round out their meal. Supposedly tacos are one of Jitb's most popular items. It's hilarious you said they were cat food, the picture makes it look like some sort of shredded chicken but i guess the real ingredients are beef, chicken and tvp (textured vegetable protein, basically soy). I think what helps them taste good is they deep fry the shell and meat together before adding lettuce, cheese and hot sauce. Deep frying anything makes it taste better imho.

Burger king used to sell 2 tacos for a dollar, years ago, but i thought they were kind of nasty. Ill have to try Jitb's if i ever come across one, they must be better if theyre so popular.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
we have a couple cats and sometimes when i open the tins i look at whats inside and think jitb taco filling
they have a good taste and i can smash a bunch of them, but try and limit myself to two but will sometimes pick up extras for late night action
they reheat ok, especially after you have a couple drinks
yeah i hear you on the randomness of football and how on any given sunday...
but i dont see the chargers/raiders games being close; chiefs/raiders either
is this was a couple seasons ago, i would say the chargers could shit the bed and split with the raiders but i think anthony lynn is the best coach the bolts have had since marty schottenheimer
im penciling in at least 5 losses for the raiders just based on their division games alone
2x chargers, 2x chiefs, 2x broncos = 1-5 (thats assuming they get lucky in one of those games)
so i was talking about football today with my friend and i think i need to come up with my own dark horse
i havent figured one out yet, but im thinking maybe the dolphins could turn it around, (led by fitzmagic) maybe the bengals if dalton can have one last good year.
/but they lost burfect on defense and other than aj green i dont think they have a lot of weapons
help me out here baba, who do you see as some possible turn around teams?
who would be the darkest horse of all
hope you are having a great week my man
and i hope you are doing well too hawk, where ever you are

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, from what i read i think JitB tacos are a popular post-drinking snack. Also, doesn't JitB have meal deals called Munchie boxes? Seems like half their marketing is geared towards the stoner and drinking crowd. And to sell breakfast all day, egg rolls, tacos, burgers & fries? Truly, if youre wasted and hungry, no matter what youre in the mood for youll likely find it at JitB. I guess out west, I&O is the more dignified fast food burger joint, whereas JitB is the cheaper, greasier stoner cousin. They fill different niches.

Raiders went 1-5 against the division last year, only win being against denver in week 16, so yeah, they could easily go 1-5 again, even 0-6 if denver's offense got better. But divisional games are tough, even if one team's bad they usually give a good game against their divisional opponents, just because they play each other so often you know what works and what doesnt. Even when the bears were bad they usually (but not always) played tough against the north.

Most experts are actually predicting the dolphins, bengals and cardinals will be the worst teams next year. Fins have 2 new QBs (Fitz and Rosen) but otherwise seem to be shedding talent and there's rumors the bengals might trade aj green to a contender for picks so they can full on rebuild. Cardinals i think may actually surprise some people, if kyler and that new offense can move the ball and score pts (they had one of the worst offenses in league history last year, even with Fitzgerald and David Johnson) I could see them being a 7 win team (5 win improvement). So maybe that's one team that could be a dark horse, imho.

Another one that could be due for a turnaround would be carolina. I know youve said norv turner is a bad coach, but he's probably a better coordinator than a head coach, and cam actually had his best passing season last year until his shoulder got hurt (norv was hired as the panthers OC last season). They finished with 7 wins but started 6-2 before cam's injury, so maybe they could be in line for a 12 win season this year. Plus, look at mccaffrey's photo, dude looks like he could break a dozen tackles on every carry now.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
thats one hot taek baba!
i was leaning towards car too but im not 100% on cam newton
but like you said, mccaffey looks like he is ready for a break out season
i might have to do some more research but good call
i hear you about the fins' and thats why im thinking of taking them as my dark horse
im not sold on arz but after all the noise i was talking about k.murray that would be a dark horse out of nowhere
/the big problem i see with the cardinals is they play in the west which means 1-5 at best in the division
plus i dont think k.murray is going to pan out
the bengals would be smart to deal aj green for draft picks
they should be able to get a 1st rounder and maybe some 3rd/4rth round action and a really late round pick too
im going to marinate on this and keep looking but i like the ideas bruh!
also, how do should we define success? like your example of carolina getting dbl digit wins is very good, but maybe i should word it so its like the (teamA') will have more wins than the raiders as the bet
we were laughing about it the other day and so far the deal could be:
#1 raiders win the afc
/easy pizza for pop
#2 raiders dont finish above .500
/this might be for burgers or beer
#3 raiders place worse than my dark horse
/all sounds like fun
the guy is actually really cool and for the most part these are just fun wagers between friends
/we will go out together and he treats me and the mrs to pizza; prob the same with the beer but i might have him just buy us a 12'r
you know a lot about jack baba'!
they totally cater to the late night bro crowd
the late night munch boxes used to ahve a commercial where they basically had the voice over sounds like some stoner and they even word the commercials so you know who they are advertising to
they are totally selling to the late night after party crowd
man, if you are ever out west you and me are totally going to have to drop in on one and smash some tacos and burgers
youre invited too hawk, where ever you are brother

Latest posts

Latest posts