What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2017

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Okay when I posted that Bellicheck pic it was just something random I found on the net. But after you asked me about it, I investigated, and I think it's a photoshop fake of this. Which is still bad enough- it's Big Bill laying a VERY vigorous kiss on his DAUGHTER!
super_bowl_football-1-e1422937219716.jpg

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I thought that looked like his daughter from the side, she looked too young to be his girlfriend. But the tongue definitely looked photoshopped, ol' Bill is definitely not going to be giving tongue to his daughter, or even his girlfriend with a thousand cameras around.

Its not good sportsmanship that brady walked off without shaking hands after the superbowl, but he just threw for 500yds, 3tds no picks and still lost. Dude did everything he could to win and still lost, no doubt he was pissed and looking to break something, not congratulate people. But the patriots will look to shore up the defense this offseason, get more depth. Losing hightower during the year took away their best playmaker on D, he made some big time plays in their last two superbowl wins but wasnt there this game.

Kirk Cousins is supposedly going to sign soon with one of 4 teams, Arizona, Minnesota, Jets or Broncos. I guess minny or denver have the best defenses and wide receivers, so those are the best situations for him as far as winning. If cousins signs with minny, then they might let go of keenum, bradford and even bridgewater, so the other 3 teams could sign one of those guys if they dont get a qb in the draft...

Some experts think josh allen should be the #1 pick in the draft cause he's big, athletic and has the strongest arm. Personally, he looks like a bust to me, especially at #1 overall. His accuracy is too inconsistent, i dont think he'll figure it out at the nfl level, where the defenses are too quick and good to let him just sit in the pocket and throw to wide open receivers.
Lamar jackson only threw at the combine, his accuracy came and went, but i think some of that is just his footwork. He doesnt drop and plant like a pro style QB should, but with more practice and coaching i think he can clean that up and be a better prospect than josh allen...

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
It'll be interesting to see where Kirk ends up guess they're saying viks are the leading the pack but Jets can still offer more money. Who knows with Zimmer I like that guy, he loves bridgwater supposedly. Feel like the Broncos drafted Lynch in the first round and might still see if that works out, he really hasn't had a chance to play consistently to find out if he can be a starter. Zona I'm not sure either that division is stacked I'd stay away if I were him.

Def a interesting class of QB's and possibly up to 6 of them could be taken in the 1st rd. If I was a GM and had to take a QB with number 1 I'd go with Rosen because I think he is most NFL ready, he goes through his read quickly, sits in the pocket, strong arm, and is high iq. If Allen can get in a situation where he can sit a year or two I think he'll have a much better chance to succeed in his career. Expecting him to start out the gate and carry a franchise would be unfair to him but with his size, athleticism, and arm strength he has the potential to be really good I think.

Darnold would be my guess for bust of the draft and my only reason is these USC qbs never seem to pan out with exception of Carson Palmer who has had a very productive career. I also don't think highly of Mayfield in the NFL, not humble enough, not enough size, and too much BS with him.

Lamar Jackson interest me the most, I don't think he should move to WR at all I think he's gonna be a starting QB in the league. He's got the size to play QB, isn't super accurate hovering around the same as Allens completions %, he can throw down field tho, and really mess with a defense because of his running ability. I personally think he'll be a better Mike Vick and at the end of the day even if he isn't how much worse could he be then Tyrod Taylor, Joe Flacco, josh McCOwn, Deshone Kizer, Jacoby Brissett, eli manning, jay cutlet, etc...

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
After playing on the franchise tag the last two years and making almost 50million, kirk has said that the guaranteed dollars or upfront money isnt going to be the deciding factor where he signs. Even if the jets offer the most, he would take somewhat less to be on a better team.
Paxton Lynch hasnt had much game experience, but what we've seen hasnt been impressive, and supposedly he doesnt put in the 80hr weeks that a franchise qb needs to do to be prepared every game.
Rosen is the best passer in the draft but he seems an injury risk to me, like sam bradford. The season is longer in the nfl than college, and the players hit a lot harder, i could see him losing a lot of games to injuries in his career...

I actually like Darnold the most of the college qb's, i think his athleticism will help him avoid pressure and make plays in the nfl. His turnover rate is a concern but Deshaun Watson led Div IA in int's his last 2 years but was tearing up the nfl before he got hurt.

I dont think mayfield has nearly the character concerns that johnny manziel had. Yeah, he got a public drunkeness arrest (or underage drinking?) a year ago but 90% of college students (or even guys in their 20's) could be arrested for the same thing. And he's not any smaller than drew brees or steve young, and if he's cocky, well, there are stories that one of the reasons the 49ers picked alex smith over aaron rodgers in the 2005 draft is because they thought rodgers was a little too cocky. They seem to have a franchise qb with garappolo, but it took them 12 more years after missing out on Arodge...

But you make some good points Otto, and i could very well be wrong on all these guys, only time will tell...:)

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
"After playing on the franchise tag the last two years and making almost 50million, kirk has said that the guaranteed dollars or upfront money isnt going to be the deciding factor where he signs. Even if the jets offer the most, he would take somewhat less to be on a better team. "

so that would make min a shoe in for cousins if they made a fair market offer
but do you think the vikings really need another starting qb?
/i see them being a little heavy at that position
denver looks like a good fit but like you said, they might be seeing signs lynch is turning the corner and just roll with him
maybe jax?

yeah ottoman, some good prospects at qb in the first round
but lets say you were a gm and could take anyone you wanted in teh draft
would you still go qb in the first round?

hot action for sure jelly, looks like beli-upchuck is ready to go balls deep
can you make it any bigger?

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
In National Enquirer news, it appears that the bromance of Peyton "Why Me" Manning and Papa John is over.

Manning has sold ALL his Papa John's restaurants (thirty-something of them.)

I'm really gutted. If these two can't make it in this crazy world, who can?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Whats up, Pop. Good to see you back.
Supposedly the vikings have made their contract offer to cousins fully guaranteed, which i guess is a first in the nfl (a contract where the dollar amounts are fully, not partially, guaranteed). If true, that would mean they really believe in him.
Obviously, if they sign cousins, they probably could only afford bridgewater if he signs for backup money (5M or less a year). Keenum and Bradford would be out, unless they want to sign for minimal money to stay on the team.

Jacksonville is rolling with bortles now, they resigned him to a 3 year deal. I guess they could still sign cousins if they can trade bortles somewhere.

I havent seen paxton lynch play much, only a drive or three, but isnt he mostly average to bad? Like, not that much better than osweiler. Still, he's only been in the league 2 yrs, dealt with a bunch of injuries, maybe there is hope for him to turn it around. But that offensive line is pretty bad, i think they would go for a more mobile QB in free agency or the draft, someone who can evade the initial pass rush and make a play. Maybe case keenum could be that guy, cousins can move a bit, maybe lamar jackson could be a good fit there, maybe darnold if he drops to #5 in the first round.

I wonder if peyton actually made money from his papa johns stores; maybe he sold them because he wasnt making a profit from them.
Pizza hut is the new official pizza of the NFL; their pies arent all that great either, but the stuffed crust, cheesy crust things they do arent bad...

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Pizza Hut's pretty good, at least they make their own crust. Not frozen cardboard like Papa.
They ONLY do this at public exhibitions.
PapaJohnsNFL-620x436.jpg

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
As someone who used to work in a pizza place, i'm pretty sure all the big chains have their dough come to them in frozen balls, which are defrosted in their walk in cooler. When a pizza is ordered, the balls are flattened out and spun to make the pizza shape.
Mom and pop shops usually make their own dough in house, with a big mixer to knead the dough. Then they roll it into balls and flatten it and spin it to make pizzas.
So yes, I think papa johns, as bad as their pizza has gotten (7+ years ago i thought it was the best of the major chains, now i think it's the worst), they still roll out and spin their dough just like every other pizza place.
Some pan pizza dough may come pre-shaped and frozen (looking at you pizza hut) but i think that's the exception, not the rule...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
Whats up, Pop. Good to see you back.
Supposedly the vikings have made their contract offer to cousins fully guaranteed, which i guess is a first in the nfl (a contract where the dollar amounts are fully, not partially, guaranteed). If true, that would mean they really believe in him.
Obviously, if they sign cousins, they probably could only afford bridgewater if he signs for backup money (5M or less a year). Keenum and Bradford would be out, unless they want to sign for minimal money to stay on the team.

Jacksonville is rolling with bortles now, they resigned him to a 3 year deal. I guess they could still sign cousins if they can trade bortles somewhere.

I havent seen paxton lynch play much, only a drive or three, but isnt he mostly average to bad? Like, not that much better than osweiler. Still, he's only been in the league 2 yrs, dealt with a bunch of injuries, maybe there is hope for him to turn it around. But that offensive line is pretty bad, i think they would go for a more mobile QB in free agency or the draft, someone who can evade the initial pass rush and make a play. Maybe case keenum could be that guy, cousins can move a bit, maybe lamar jackson could be a good fit there, maybe darnold if he drops to #5 in the first round.

I wonder if peyton actually made money from his papa johns stores; maybe he sold them because he wasnt making a profit from them.
Pizza hut is the new official pizza of the NFL; their pies arent all that great either, but the stuffed crust, cheesy crust things they do arent bad...

thanks for getting me back up to speed on what going on, baba
i sort of took a step back from football after the super bowl
/sort of went cold turkey after the season ended
have you seen any numbers as far as cousins copntract with min goes?
qbs arent cheap and he will probably become one of the highest paid players with his next deal
but like you said, i could see him being choosy about who he signs for and maybe take a little less to play for a better team
/i guess after you bank 50m money isnt as big a priority
if he does sign with min, they would have a lot of equity on their roster to trade for draft picks
the sad part is, i dotn see him being a big step up from what they already have
from what ive seen, lynch is mediocre at best
good size and arm, but just ok as far as play goes
i think papa manning was just hoping for an easy buck when he bough all those pizza resturants
at one point im sure being the face of the franchise was worth it but maybe he is just ready to kick his feet up and enjoy retirement a little more
/who knows, but now im craving a pizza

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Rumor is that supposedly the vikings offered cousins 3 years, 90M, all guaranteed. So probably less years than what other teams are offering (4-5yrs) but it's the guaranteed dollars that really count in the nfl. It's the only reason the bears kept cutler on for his last 2 seasons with the team, no point in waiving him if they still have to pay him 18M a year...
I'll have to correct myself, cousins made about 44M his last 2 years under the franchise tag. Still a good amount.
Sad thing is that in 2015 the redskins could have locked cousins up on a multi year extension for not that much money but didnt. Now theyre going with alex smith on a 4 yr contract, 23M/yr, 70M guaranteed. Cheaper than what cousins will get now, but makes you think what could have been...
I dont think cousins is that elite either but if he goes to a team that had terrible qb's last year (denver, arizona) then he could make a big difference. Maybe not super bowl difference, but who knows?

Ive always been partial to costco or sams club pizza myself, im not sure if you need a membership there for their food court (if youre in san diego and food court is open to the outside then you probably dont) but u can get a huge pizza for less than $10.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
3y/90m guaranteed is huge money in the nfl
i dident think min was in search of a starting qb, but with those numbers i guess they are making a fair offer
i kind of wonder if cousins would make that big a difference on that team compared to what they already have
their defense is solid but i think they need a few more pieces of offense
if nothing else, this gives them an extra qb or two to deal, they could probably get some good value for keenum, bradford also seems to hold his value well but that would leave them with bridgewater as a backup 9i see him holding the least value of their current line up)
i like the costco pizza too,man
i like to switch it up every now and then between the combination and the plain cheese pizza, plus their baked chicken pocket things are pretty good
/lets not forget they have those big hot dogs and a drink too
if you like deep dish, try one of their take home deep dish pizzas
they take like an hour to cook but are really good

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
As someone who used to work in a pizza place, i'm pretty sure all the big chains have their dough come to them in frozen balls, which are defrosted in their walk in cooler. When a pizza is ordered, the balls are flattened out and spun to make the pizza shape.
Mom and pop shops usually make their own dough in house, with a big mixer to knead the dough. Then they roll it into balls and flatten it and spin it to make pizzas.
So yes, I think papa johns, as bad as their pizza has gotten (7+ years ago i thought it was the best of the major chains, now i think it's the worst), they still roll out and spin their dough just like every other pizza place.
Some pan pizza dough may come pre-shaped and frozen (looking at you pizza hut) but i think that's the exception, not the rule...

I used to work in a Pizza Hut, Baba, and I saw the big mixer in the back. But shortly after I worked there, Pizza Hut was purchased by PepsiCo, so you may very well be right in the 21st Century.

shithawk420

Veteran
Ugh,just had pizza hut today.the parma garlic wings were good but the pizza just isn't that good.heart burn out the yinyang.never again

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
The Vikings had good QB play last year, but bradford got injured early on, and keenum laid an egg against the eagles in the conference championship game. With diggs and thielen and rudolph as pass catchers, and dalvin cook, latavius and mckinnon at RB, i guess they think they're one good QB away from finally winning a superbowl. Bradford is always hurt, bridgewater and keenum still unknown whether they can be consistent winners/playoff winners, i can see why they would want a well established QB.

I love the $1.50 hot dogs and drink at costco; havent tried their chicken bakes, maybe ill give it a shot next time...

Pizza hut used to be really good back in the 80's, i guess if they made their dough in house that could explain it.
Fun fact: you can buy frozen pizza dough balls by the case at sams club. One time i bought a case (50 count), used like 1 or 2, stuffed the rest in my freezer where months later i just threw them out cause they were taking up too much space. Would have done better just to make my own dough; just need water, yeast, flour...

https:// www. youtube .com/watch?v=QvxGI1A3vCE

This guy likes their cheesy crust pizza, which i havent tried yet, but it looks like mini cheesy bread bites built right into the crust.

https:// www. youtube .com/watch?v=tDZBH-FHjA8

Looks like a pain in the ass to make though. But next time it's available, ill try it out...

Americangrower

Veteran
if nothing else, this gives them an extra qb or two to deal, they could probably get some good value for keenum, bradford also seems to hold his value well but that would leave them with bridgewater as a backup 9i see him holding the least value of their current line up)

That sounds good but thats not how it works. If they got cousins every team in the league would know that they have to move 1 or 2 QB's so they will sit and wait for him to be cut or at best give a late shitty pick.

On another note I would take Bridgewater over Cousins everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.