What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2017

shithawk420

Veteran
That's a pretty cool link but thats like saying it's OK for the Pats to cheat cause everyone else does it.those teams DID NOT get away with it.the Pats did.fuck the Pats and fuck Pats fans.I don't think I could ever be friends with a Pats fan now.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
I know a lot of fans want to kill the pats for all the "cheating" not just you two but why so mad? Mike Shanahan was on the record saying that more than half the league was cheating and using the same methods and went out of his way more than once to say when he coached he wasn't worried about the Pats it was 15 other teams that concerned him more.

Fans get jealous easily when their team lose close games or get blown out in playoff games especially to one team thats done it over and over again. But when a Hall of Fame coach like Mike Shanahan (who has a winning record against belichek so he has no personal grind with NE) comes out and says they weren't doing anything different from anyone why can't fans at least consider the pats are just that much better, do they know more about this topic then someone like Shanahan?

Also after the Pats got punished and reprimanded common sense told everyone, well now the pats can't cheat and are gonna suck. Well you guessed it it never happened the pats contintued after 2004 spygate to dominate and almost got even better, yes they didn't win another Super Bowl for 10 years but but from 05-13 they advanced to the playoffs 8 of 9 years including 5 AFC championship games and 2 superbowls this is after they were caught "cheating"!!!! From 2014 til now they've made 3 more superbowls and another AFC championship game, How is it possible for a team that was cheating to continue with historic success?

Using deflate gate as an example of cheating is another bogus one in my eyes as well cause I know it'll come up, if that was the case why in that second Half of the colts AFC champ game after the issue came up did the Pats absolutely embarrass them, followed by a super bowl victory over Seattle? You think after cheating you play worse the pats seemed to always have played better?

Their success I believe has to do a lot with playing in a horrible division they play the Jets, Bills, Dolphins twice a year not greatly ran franchises. They also have the best QB ever to play the game, and thirdly they're light years ahead of everyone when it comes to situational football they never panic and are ready for whatever situation they're in at that moment without needing to think about thats how well prepared Belicheck has his team. No coach or team wins every single game and championship year in and out but the pats dominate over all franchises even after they got "caught cheating"

again I am a cowboys fan who loses and is disappointed year after year so no Im not a pats fan and don't root for them. I do give credit where credit is due and the pats deserve it in my eyes.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
These New England cheating debates are what I live for, shows real passion for the sport. :dance013:
Dont worry Pats fans. A lot of other fans think your titles are tainted, but you'll just have to console yourself with your 5 lombardi's, 15 division titles, 7 conf championships. It's hard, i know. Well, i dont actually know, since the bears havent won squat in over 5 years...

Tarzan, i would think if Luck comes back fully healthy, the indy job might have been more attractive than the NE job. Luck is 12 years younger than Brady, McDouche isnt taking over the patriots till both brady and belichick retire. Unless the patriots get another garappollo-level backup QB, McDouche may be lucky to win 8 games a year there. The colts need to build up the team around luck to truly be elite, but it's easier when you have the QB in place.

NFL combine is currently going on. Lot of QB prospects to watch, those teams who need a QB have about 6 top prospects to choose from. Bears, with the #8 pick, might be projected to pick minkah fitzpatrick, the alabama safety. That doesnt really address their need for receiver help, at least in the first round, but there's free agency and the later rounds for that, also cameron meredith should be back next year, assuming he can recover from that terrible knee injury he suffered in the preseason.

Anyone else excited (or afraid, as the case may be) about who your team may draft? I guess every pick is a future hall of famer or pro bowler, until they get on the field...:comfort:

shithawk420

Veteran
What really pisses me off is the shear arrogance.and then Brady throws a hissy fit and doesn't even shake Foles hand.Brady is a low class hissy little bitch.I predict he's gonna get hurt this season.at least I hope so.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Peyton Manning never shook hands with Drew Brees after he loss the Super Bowl to him a few years back how come Peyton doesn't get the same label as Brady does? For whatever reason when the pats do something others have done it just gets blown up by a bias media looking to do whatever they can to dis credit their success. I am sure we can go back and find many non hand shakers over past Super Bowls. Peyton just jumped out to me as one I remember.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
That article is from Brees' point of view and isn't fact, Brees just said that cause they didn't shake hands and didn't want to throw him under the bus brees in that small article he even says "Brees doesn’t think anyone should interpret Manning going straight to the locker room as a slight." This is exactly what people are doing to Brady. its ok when its Peyton but not Tom? again people just have personal hate toward the Pats.

CBS sports......Weird how they couldn't find each other but Peyton Manning is quoted as saying something different.....Shit from that video clip it looks like Peyton tried real hard to find Brees, lol..... Not saying its a big deal but just trying to point out this has happened more then once and to kill Brady over it seems unfair and easy to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac_JtIRnNHo

At the time, Manning's explanation was that he wanted to give the Saints room to celebrate.
"I'll certainly talk to Drew," Manning said after the game when asked why he didn't shake hands with anyone, via Boston.com. "I certainly know how it was three years ago when we won. There's not much consolation for the guys who didn't win. There's the stage getting set up and there's the celebration. That's the time for the Saints to celebrate. It's their field. They deserve the moment. I certainly congratulate all their players, their organization. I will speak to Drew Brees, speak to Sean Payton. They deserve all the credit."
Manning's explanation didn't make much sense because everyone else on the team stayed out for the postgame handshake, except for Reggie Wayne, who also blew it off. The Saints were going to have to wait no matter what, so there would've been plenty of time for Manning to shake hands.

iTarzan

I said a few pages back I wasn't going to waste time worrying if the NFL did anything to the Patriots because of McDouchebag. I also said the Colts were not formally complaining about it. I am sick to death of the Patriots being the offseason story because of all the bullshit. I don't care. I don't think I said much if anything at all about Brady shaking hands. I don't think Manning was perfect either. He did face the cameras and the music most of the time though.

Deflategait is over. Brady was suspended because they got caught cheating. You only need two pieces of evidence. Brady destroyed his phone and the ball guy took the footballs into the bathroom. As far as the second half score in the game goes it only proves how cheat happy the Patriots are. They didn't need to deflate the footballs to beat the Colts. They still deflated them. WTF. Yes they did, remember, because... Brady destroyed his phone and the ball guy took the footballs into the bathroom. They cheated and they didn't need too as proved by the second half score. I don't care that it happened anymore. I care when people said it didn't happen.

Otto I admit I was happy the Pats lost this year. I was. I was happier though because the Eagles won. They deserved it and so did their fans. The Pats lost. Most fans don't want to hear any spins about how the Pats could have won. I was just smack talking that whole point of view. I wasn't trying to refresh sour grapes over the Pats and their controversies with the NFL and especially the Colts. It is maddening.

Now shithawk hates them. He will rip them a new asshole whenever he can. I respect that. He can tolerate doing it easier than I can because he isn't a Colt's fan. The hapless, second fiddle, red headed step child of the Patriots. We are always losing and crying foul. I am sick of it all.

Brady in his prime beat up on a young gun Luck so it will be fair turnaround when a healthy Luck in his prime beats up on an older Brady for a few years before Brady retires.

The news is totally positive about Andrew Luck. Ballard said at the combine he expects Luck to be ready. He will start throwing footballs soon.

iTarzan

There are fans that seem to hate the Colts more than the rest of the world hates the Patriots. LOL! For all the things the Colts have won (2 SB and 3 NFL Championships) it seems they are more known for losing. Why do they attract haters?

shithawk420

Veteran
Lol I'm a Bears fan so I'm used to getting beat up!But im also a Falcons fan (used to live in Georgia)so that was the last draw.And I agree with you iTarzan.I'm sick of this shit too.I guess we're gonna forget about Toms shady business with the doctor that wasnt a doctor.Brady is a garbage human being.

Hey did anyone hear Tillman's an FBI agent now?lol

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Peyton Manning never shook hands with Drew Brees after he loss the Super Bowl to him a few years back how come Peyton doesn't get the same label as Brady does? For whatever reason when the pats do something others have done it just gets blown up by a bias media looking to do whatever they can to dis credit their success. I am sure we can go back and find many non hand shakers over past Super Bowls. Peyton just jumped out to me as one I remember.

Well, fuck Peyton Manning too! Him AND his buddy, Papa John!

Americangrower

Veteran
Well, fuck Peyton Manning too! Him AND his buddy, Papa John!

Did you hear that they removed Papa John from CEO for his little tirade at the NFL.. who would have thought the guy who started the company would get axed lol.

Now as for a handshake who really cares, It's total chaos on the field as game ends I'm sure theres plenty of times handshakes don't happen. I'm sure congrats are given at a later point.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Yes he did!:biggrin:

Kissy kiss!
papajohn.0.gif

Latest posts

Latest posts