What's new

NFL 2017

armedoldhippy

Veteran
bro, didn't you hear how viciously the Vikings fans were treated @ the hands of the Eagles fans in Philly?

no respect for the city of shruggenly love from me :dunno:

but at least they beat the pats.......

Eagles fans are notorious. in Green Bay, they throw snowballs. in Philly, they hurl D batteries...

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
holly sh!t, what a game!
i even took monday off just so i could enjoy the game to the very end, but man, that was some awesome four quarters of football
/last yearatl put on a good show for half the game but this philly team came to ball

so we made the wings with the flaming hot cheetos,baba
here is a group pic

picture.php

View image in gallery

they look good and all, but the truth is they were simply mediocre!
they seemed to loose all the cheese and flaming hot flavor when we cooked them in the oil
i thought about making a sauce with the cheetos or dusting the wings with the powder to make them better, but just ran with the franks red hot/ butter mix in the end
i probably wont be making these again, they came out looking good and had a little flavor, but why not just make regular wings and season them up, and crunch the cheetos on the side?
all things to think about during the off season i guess

Americangrower

Veteran
I disagree, calls had anything to do with the game. For once the zebras let the teams play. Fair on both sides. Glad they are fixing the catch rule. I would like to see one foot inbounds catch's like college. One finger one toe all you need. Really would boost the action.

If you Patriots fan want excuses look to your kicker.

I have no issues with refs letting them play, they were letting corners hit a tad early for both teams.
But the refs cost the Pats the game.

That 4th and 1 play on Phi last drive when they were trailing, was 1 of the most obvious pass interference (pick play) I have ever seen. I mean come on the other tightend didn't just stop in front of the underneath cover guy. He actually stopped and came back towards the line and gave him a 2 arms to the chest knocking him down. You can't not call that.

Lets see no call 1st down on Phi 46....if called 4th and 11 on Phi 35. You think that would have changed the out come?

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I guess the Patriots got their revenge for deflate-gate, by screwing the Colts over with this McDaniels mess. Well-played, I gotta say.

iTarzan

Looks like the Colts will be getting a 1st round pick from the Patriots. It is Bellicheat and the Jets all over again. Cha-ching!

I never liked the idea of McDaniels being the HC anyways. But now that he will get us another 1st round pick for being a lying shill for the Patriots and Kraft I am happy with the outcome.

You would think that after they had to give the Jets a pick over Bellicheat leaving them and then deflategate they would stop doing sneaky stuff. However, the Patriot way evidently will never change.

iTarzan

I guess the Patriots got their revenge for deflate-gate, by screwing the Colts over with this McDaniels mess. Well-played, I gotta say.

It isn't revenge when you helped the Colts dodge a bullet in hiring a guy who wasn't a good choice to begin with. 11-17 with Denver then Denver goes on to 3 straight years of 12+ wins after he leaves. Plus he was the dummy who traded up and used a 1st round pick on Tebow. I couldn't believe the Colts were actually going to hire him. They were saved from their own stupidity, plus they get a cookie (1st round pick from the Patriots). Yes they will be getting a pick. Goodell can hardly wait to fuck them.

Roger didn't have to hand another SB trophy to Kraft and Brady and now this little gift comes along.

LOL!

iTarzan

I watched the press conference today. I don't think Ballard and Irsay are going to complain to the league office. Goodell could still get involved but the Colts don't care. They are moving on.

They are also keeping the coaches they hired that McDicklicker wanted because the Colts/Irsay have class. People and players around the NFL know that Irsay might have some personal problems but he is a wonderful team owner and just wants to win.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Maybe now that the eagles have finally won a superbowl their fans will be more chillax. They'll throw AAA batteries instead of D batteries...

The wings looked nice, Pop, that breading reminded me of a cornmeal breading. Sorry to hear that the cheetos flavor didnt come through. When i used to smoke brisket, even when i used a healthy dose of chili powder in the rub, i'd barely taste any heat in the bark. Mostly id just taste salt. I think the long cooking really diluted or cooked the flavor out of the seasonings, if that makes any sense.
Did you get the recipe online? A lot of times ill look at the reviews of people who made it, if someone had a similar experience to yours that would give you a clue as to what to expect, or maybe a fix to make the flavor pop out more...

I cant find anything that says the patriots owe a draft pick to the colts for mcdaniels walking away from their offer. I think when belichick went from the jets to the pats, there was an exchange of draft picks, but maybe you only have to give compensation if the coach actually signed the contract. In mcdaniels case i dont think he signed anything.

Josh staying with the patriots i think had more to do with kraft signing him to a better, longer term deal than before, and josh wanting stability for his family and not having to move again. Still, you have to figure he would have made more money as a colts head coach (5+ million a year vs 2-3M as a coordinator). Maybe he was uncertain if luck would come back all the way from his shoulder problems? Andrew hasnt gotten a second surgery, but still has not done any throwing since his comeback was shut down in november.
Fwiw, i think he would have been a good fit with a healthy luck, plus whoever indy picks at #3 in this year's draft (maybe saquon barkley, a healthy luck and saquon could be a top 5 offense). True, drafting tebow in the 1st round was a mistake, but he wasnt going to get GM powers with the colts.
Jelly and itarzan, who do you think the colts should hire? Schwartz from the eagles? Jeff fisher or john fox? (haha j/k)
I've never heard of most of the asst coaches who got hired as head coaches this season, including matt nagy (hired by the bears), so maybe it's hard to come up with names right now. But what about jim harbaugh from michigan? He could be reunited with andrew luck...

iTarzan

The Patriots were forced to give a 1st rnd pick to the Jets for tampering. There was a verbal agreement with McDicklicker and coaches he wanted were hired and gave up jobs based on the verbal agreement. Plus the Colts probably would have hired Vrabel who they really liked too. The Pats screwed people over. They basically tampered with him when he was there to clean out his office. He was calling potential hires that day too. It could happen to them again and they get fined and lose a pick. If it does Colts fans will celebrate when the Colts get pick #31 in addition to pick #3.

I think the Colts will trade the #3 pick for a nice haul of picks. If not then they have some nice options.

In the press conference they said Luck does not need more surgery. He is on track with rehab. He has been working on arm strength and arm speed. He was not throwing footballs. He was throwing whatever rehab balls they were using.

He is now going to California to work with the 2 QB gurus that some people like Brees and Brady used to work on his mechanics. They won't even take you until your arm strength and arm speed have recovered. They specifically said that Luck is fully confident he will be ready for the season and wants to prove people wrong.

I really don't know enough about any of the potential coaches to make a pick. Including Harbaugh. He looked good at SF then he didn't and they got rid of him. He hasn't set the world on fire at Michigan where he controls everything so he is a crapshoot too.

I always liked Fisher. He was willing to try onside kicks and fake FGs. It was really his team that played this year. And he had some good teams with Tennessee. Frank Reich, Schwartz and Defillipo?? of the Eagles are all getting positive things said about them.

If I was forced to make my pick I would go with Frank Reich as coach and pick Barkley at #3. My favorite thing about Barkley is that his uncle is Iran Barkley.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran_Barkley

Americangrower

Veteran
Looks like the Colts will be getting a 1st round pick from the Patriots. It is Bellicheat and the Jets all over again. Cha-ching!

I never liked the idea of McDaniels being the HC anyways. But now that he will get us another 1st round pick for being a lying shill for the Patriots and Kraft I am happy with the outcome.

You would think that after they had to give the Jets a pick over Bellicheat leaving them and then deflategate they would stop doing sneaky stuff. However, the Patriot way evidently will never change.

I have bad news for you Tarzan. The Patriot's have every right to match or retain their coaches.. No pick is coming. Totally different then Jets case where he was a Jets coach

iTarzan

I have bad news for you Tarzan. The Patriot's have every right to match or retain their coaches.. No pick is coming. Totally different then Jets case where he was a Jets coach

You Pats fans also said Brady didn't cheat, would win his court case and not be suspended. How did that one go again?

They tampered with McLiar. He was done, he verbally committed to Indy. If they would have done it sooner all would be fine. But they waited until the 11th hour. They screwed the Colts out of choices. They screwed innocent coaches that gave up other jobs. Those coaches will prove McLiar committed to the Colts. Verbal agreements can be binding.

We shall see what becomes of this.

It is very disturbing how every year something shady comes up about the Patriots.

shithawk420

Veteran
Brady and the Pats are liars cheaters and big babies when SHIT don't go their way.Brady didn't even shake Foles hand.he should get his ass beat for that alone.no class at all

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Even in the most heated games, the QB's ALWAYS shake hands after the game. Guess Tom was too busy wiping the tears streaming down his cheeks.
tom.brady.memes.14.png

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
I think the Colts will trade the #3 pick for a nice haul of picks. If not then they have some nice options.

In the press conference they said Luck does not need more surgery. He is on track with rehab. He has been working on arm strength and arm speed. He was not throwing footballs. He was throwing whatever rehab balls they were using.

He is now going to California to work with the 2 QB gurus that some people like Brees and Brady used to work on his mechanics. They won't even take you until your arm strength and arm speed have recovered. They specifically said that Luck is fully confident he will be ready for the season and wants to prove people wrong.

I always liked Fisher. He was willing to try onside kicks and fake FGs. It was really his team that played this year. And he had some good teams with Tennessee. Frank Reich, Schwartz and Defillipo?? of the Eagles are all getting positive things said about them.

If I was forced to make my pick I would go with Frank Reich as coach and pick Barkley at #3.

It was shady that mcdaniels pulled out at the last minute, his agent dropped him because it was a bad move. This pretty much guarantees he wont be seriously considered for any head coach jobs in the future, unless it's with the pats of course. But word is that kraft stepped up with a big offer, not only to keep josh but also to screw over the colts (revenge for them ratting to the nfl about the deflated balls).

Jeff fisher gets a lot of crap for not developing goff and keenum on the rams, but goff's top 3 receivers this year and starting left tackle were all new players. Their best receiver in fisher's last year was kenny britt, who was actually cut this year by the 0-16 browns. So yeah, every successful coach needs good players to succeed.

Turns out you were right about frank reich, and he'll be the next colts coach. It'll be interesting to see how he does with luck and whatever free agents and rookies they acquire this offseason. Hopefully by the draft there'll be more info on luck's throwing. I think when peyton came back from his neck surgery he couldnt throw the ball 10 yds. After a year of rehab (and maybe a lot of HGH) he was throwing for 4500yds and 35tds with the broncos.

Space Toker

Veteran
I don't care to revisit the ugly past, it was ugly and I probably gave an ugly response and if so, I apologize. Ugh, but I must revisit a little to even make this post, forgive me. On one hand, you have a team that was a thorn in our side in one of those fake scandals beating us, wanted to put that in quotes but won't. On the other hand, I never had a real sense of that same fire and spirit in all aspects of the team that we had before. I had crazy theories like that woman with Bellichick is making him too soft, to well whatever all kinds of far out theories. I don't like that Kraft and the coach are cozy with a guy that lives in a famous house of a certain color or lack thereof, and vice versa, and maybe even Brady too. I had hard mixed feelings about that the whole season. Regardless what happened happened, and Eagles are officially champs no matter how I feel. Had to get it off my chest eventually so as to not continually eat at me and drive me crazy, ever more crazy that is! Congrats but wait until next year! Go 2018 Patriots!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts