What's new

NFL 2016

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Glennon seems to be a placeholder. He lost his job to josh mccown during the buc's 2014 season, when they won 2 games and the #1 overall pick. If he actually becomes an above average qb, that's a win for the bears, but i dont think anyone expects him to become a franchise qb, except maybe Glennon himself. And his family.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
at best, i would say glennon is mediocre
tb lost faith in him pretty early and in limited play his numbers were jsut so so
/fwiw, i actually like jameis winston and think he has potential in the nfl
// not tom brady greatness, but at least a phillip rivers type career

this might be a good time for chi to build their defense ( lots of good rookies ion the DL and in the secondary) with their first pick and look for a "project" qb in the later rounds

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Yeah, Glennon hasnt really done enough in the league to think of him as being anything more than mediocre.
shithawk id rather have kaepernick or sanchez rather than cutler. even if those other dudes suck, id rather see someone else sucking than cutler. Seen that dude suck for enough years, time to move on to the next sucky bears qb.

I want the bears to pick Deshaun at #3 overall. Screw it, go all in.

Jameis winston and mariota look like solid franchise qb's, and that's their floor. i wanted mariota to drop to the bears in 2015, didnt happen.

shithawk420

Veteran
Lol true story.my buddy was doing a moving job for cutlers neighbor in Downers Grove.he asked me if he wanted to wait for Cutler and break his legs.crazy fucker would of done it too.I said forget about it.Cutler will beat himself up!

But yeah the Bears are doomed.I don't expect nothing from them.that old hag refuses to spend money on talent.until she dies the Bears aren't gonna do shit

Space Toker

Veteran
enough about who is not going to do shit, just admit and respect who will... who is that now? You know and otherwise you are being a pretender, or worse heaven forbid... well, you know, barring some epic whatever you know what is going to happen! I wish luck to that, my team.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Ive heard the bears have bad mgmt, and while certainly coaching and gm hires have been inconsistent to put it kindly, are the bears really that cheap?
Maybe the cheapness label came from some deal decades ago where they really were trying to be cheap and it cost them, but teams have to spend 89% of the salary cap from 2013-2016 (you can go below 89% in a given year, but over those 4 yrs you have to spend at least 89% - if not, % to make up the difference goes right to the player's union).
I think the bears are about 10M under the cap right now, which is less than the niners, raider, titans, etc.
I mean, im all for blaming the team for poor mgmt decisions, but being cheap i dont think is one of them. The problem is more, you're giving big contracts to players who dont justify it (cutler, julius peppers some years back). And then you look at the patriots, who got 18 td's from a RB they paid 1M the entire year.
The NFL is a hard cap league, even rich teams like the cowboys cant simply overspend and get all the best players. It's getting players who give good value for the $ theyre paid. The easiest way to do that is through the draft. The cowboys got an all pro qb season out of Dak for like half a mil.
Leonard floyd looks like a keeper at outside backer, but the bears previous 2 first round picks, fuller and white, are looking busty at this point.

shithawk420

Veteran
Are the Bears really that cheap?lol we are the only team that doesn't have cheerleaders.when that old hags husband died she inherited the team and the first thing she did was get rid of the Honey Bears.and ever since then the Bears have sucked.coincidence?

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
According to the internets, 6 nfl teams don't have cheerleaders: the packers, bears, bills, browns, giants and steelers.
I knew the bears werent the only one; i dont remember ever seeing cheerleaders for the packers...

Eye candy would be nice for games but really, cheesecake doesn't have much to do with winning. The cowboys probably have the hottest cheerleaders in the league, and theyve had plenty of sucky years.

I just realized mark sanchez is on the bears roster. Ugh. I can't imagine how bad glennon would have to be to start mr. butt fumble. He's like jay cutler with a weaker arm.

Adrian Peterson may sign with the saints soon; not sure how mark ingram should feel about that.

Mike Gillislee is signing with the patriots for 6M over 2 years. Guess that leaves out Blount. The pats signed chris hogan away from the bills last year and that turned out well for them...

According to the internets, 6 nfl teams don't have cheerleaders: the packers, bears, bills, browns, giants and steelers.
I knew the bears werent the only one; i dont remember ever seeing cheerleaders for the packers...

Eye candy would be nice for games but really, cheesecake doesn't have much to do with winning. The cowboys probably have the hottest cheerleaders in the league, and theyve had plenty of sucky years.

I just realized mark sanchez is on the bears roster. Ugh. I can't imagine how bad glennon would have to be to start mr. butt fumble. He's like jay cutler with a weaker arm.

Adrian Peterson may sign with the saints soon; not sure how mark ingram should feel about that.

Mike Gillislee is signing with the patriots for 6M over 2 years. Guess that leaves out Blount. The pats signed chris hogan away from the bills last year and that turned out well for them...

Nowadays theres better eye candy in the stands! Unless you enjoy spactled on make-up with a puddy knife, and lots of fluffed up hair rock on! Cheesecake is right!

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
so it looks like AP has all but signed on wiht NO

it looks like a the saints got him at a great price and im sure he is going to be ready to prove he still has some miles left in him
im not saying this is the resurrection of purple jesus, but hes running behind a decent line in a pass first offence and he will be splitting carries with another good back
i can see him putting up decent yards in a limited role

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
NO has always done a good job of mixing in the run with the pass in order to keep defenses honest. Peterson is a great rusher but his pass blocking is probably sub par at best, hopefully that doesn't jeopardize Brees at all...

I think with HD broadcasts, cheerleaders have to spackle on the makeup in order to look good for the cameras. Plus, the face is only half of the equation, for me at least...

Supposedly the browns might make mitch trubisky the #1 overall pick. He's your prototype pocket passer, but he only started 1 year at UNC, and the guy who made him sit on the bench for 3 years wasn't drafted and is currently a street free agent.
One of the biggest indicators of NFL success for qb's is starting and winning games for multiple years in college.
Oh Browns, what are you doing?

Ive seen too many eagles cheerleaders i digress im jaded! Good pointz!
Ap playing an entire season would be nice! Still not putting him on my fsntasy squad though. Raiders might have a nice backfield!

Meraxes

Veteran
=
enough about who is not going to do shit, just admit and respect who will... who is that now? You know and otherwise you are being a pretender, or worse heaven forbid... well, you know, barring some epic whatever you know what is going to happen! I wish luck to that, my team.

This is a displeasing and unchivalrous attitude, which dosen't represent the Patriot fans. We want all of your teams to be at their best, and in no way do we want shit easy. A lack of challenge is but a fools gold...

Bababooey, you're like icmag espn news, not sure what I'd do without you, don't pay as much attention as I should in the offseason lol...:tiphat:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
trubisky should not be the #1 pick
even if you want a qb, i dont think hes the best player at that position in this years draft

i hope AP does well in NO
stack the box and brees drops one over the top
play soft up front and let ap run for chunks pf yards

plus it looks like beast mode will be wildin once again
stock up on skittles, the raiders look like they mightl have a top 5 offence this year

Bilichick

Bilichick

=

This is a displeasing and unchivalrous attitude, which dosen't represent the Patriot fans. We want all of your teams to be at their best, and in no way do we want shit easy. A lack of challenge is but a fools gold...

Bababooey, you're like icmag espn news, not sure what I'd do without you, don't pay as much attention as I should in the offseason lol...:tiphat:

Space Toker, I have 3 words for you...."Celtics".:biggrin:

My giants have shown you on a couple of occaisions that your vulnerable! I really dont like eli though.........bilichick was a breath of fresh air for robert craft! Good thing ole mitt romney didnt have a say in pats moves lmao! Btw i wouldnt be surprised if baba was mike florio!

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Thank you thank you. Since espn fired me this week I'm trying to see if icmag needs an NFL reporter. I'll even cover college games...

It was painful watching the giants on offense last year; if odell didnt have a big game, it was a lot of short passes and 2-3 yard runs. I had Eli as a qb last year too, and compared to the previous year, he was disappointing most games...

Oakland pretty much had a top 5 offense last year. If Lynch can find his Beast Mode again, running behind that line, they'll be top 3 easy. If their defense can even be league average, they might win 13 or 14 games next year.

Not sure how high peterson will be drafted in fantasy next year. He could be a good value pick if he falls below the 4th round. I dont know if he'll get enough work with mark ingram around, then again ingram couldn't even hold off tim hightower for his job, and hightower had gone back to college before coming back to the nfl for a 2nd go round...

Well, here's hoping the bears get deshaun watson, or maybe deshone kizer in the 2nd round or lower. This is a great defensive draft, but bears defense isnt league worst anymore and they need a qb. Glennon is a placeholder, nothing more.