What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nade420xOG

Man I would have had Luck instead of Kap. I know Jim was trying. Kap is athletic and can hold the ball. Great arm but he can't finish the drives. I'm not all up on the stats like you guys but I know what I see. Unfortunately, I think Kap is going to have a lot of pressure this season to bring it home. Gonna fuck with his head.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
iTarzan, that 4.41 40yard dash i believe was the 2nd fastest ever by a QB at the combine behind mike vick (please correct me if I am wrong). Luck from what I saw online ran a 4.67 40yard dash. I know that doesn't seem like much a of difference but IMO it's huge, its the difference from running one into the end zone and getting caught on the 5-10 yard line.

I 100% agree with you that Luck is a sneaky good athlete that people don't realize or give him credit for. I can even agree 100% that Luck is better than RG3 as a QB, I just can't agree he is more athletic because he pounds more TD's in from the 1 yard line than RG3, Kaep, and Wilson. They aren't those type of bodied QB's to do that, those other QB's rush for much more yardage than Luck during the season anyways. Also Big Ben may not elude defenders like he did 10 years ago but I still think he is the best at it, will see how cat like Luck will be from defenders 10 years into his career. Last think Big Ben ran a 4.75 40yard dash on his pro day, does that make him nearly as fast as Luck? IMO a 40 yard dash on the field is way different than the combine.

Nade420xOG

Oh forgot to mention about the "feng shui consultant" from San Francisco was contacted by 9ers staff . She said the new stadium has good chi. Lots of mumbo jumbo , but I believe in universal balance. She said 2016 9ers take the SB. I thought it was interesting read , hokie pokie but interesting. But low and behold they are having the turf replaced DOH. Can't wait for regular season already.

The article http://m.sfgate.com/49ers/ostler/article/Feng-shui-consultant-tours-Levi-s-Stadium-to-find-5701845.php

Lifebreather

Veteran
Man I would have had Luck instead of Kap. I know Jim was trying. Kap is athletic and can hold the ball. Great arm but he can't finish the drives. I'm not all up on the stats like you guys but I know what I see. Unfortunately, I think Kap is going to have a lot of pressure this season to bring it home. Gonna fuck with his head.

Kaep has already lost a superbowl by inches, and missed going to (and winning) another by inches. I don't think his head can be fucked with any more. He knows there is only a small window of dominance in the NFL, our front office has extended this window but it's likely still closing to some degree.

The biggest problem with Kap scoring is Greg Roman's anemic, predictable playcalling in the red zone. Just about every play inside the 15 is stuffed instantly by defenders who know exactly what's coming. That aspect is entirely out of Kaep's control. Hell, last year Kaep called off the play they signaled to him and ran his own--leading to a touchdown.

Our O-line, as touted as it is, is slightly overrated. We're big, but kinda slow sometimes.

The 9ers depth the last two seasons was unparalleled, and with 5 rings, you better believe we expect big things again.

The Luck/Kaep comparisons, IMO, will be settled over time.

Can't wait!

iTarzan

Ottoman it was late last night. I see that it is 4.67. I realize that is a difference. But he was way faster in cone drills and shuttle run. I can get the article if you want it. They consider that elusiveness but it is still quickness and speed that makes elusiveness.

Athleticism tests are considered the vertical jump and the broad jump. Luck was 3" less on the vertical at 20 lbs heavier and 4" longer in the broad jump. So they would be equal athletes.

Getting caught 5-10 yards before the end zone won't matter because the person that caught him is going to be a safety with no chance to bring him down.

Yards rushing is bogus Because Luck hardly ever tries to run because he is a pocket passer trying to pass.

Will Luck be as tought to bring down after 10 years like Big Ben is? Seriously, I am not trying to be smart. Hell yes!!!

Why? Because he isn't getting drunk and out chasing woman and raping them. Plus he isn't going to be stupid and have a severe motorcycle accident early in his career. Big Ben is a dummy. You can't argue that. He didn't take care of himself and never really looks in shape. Just take a look at Luck. He is big, powerful, thick and not at all fat or overly muscled. In 10 years Luck will be even better.

iTarzan

I only jumped in this thread fo a minute. I just read a lot of sites and like this one and many people think the road to the Super Bowl goes through Seattle, San Fran, NE or Denver.

I think if Rodgers and the Packers and Luck and the Colts stay healthy the road to the Super Bowl goes through Indy and Green Bay.

Plus I saw wadeez was on here and we are in the same FF league.

Enjoy the season guys.

iTarzan

Somebody ask if I was serious about being on bed rest. Yeah I am. I have to have back/hip surgery, sacro-illiac joint specifically. I have to type in bed, on my side with one hand. I can't type good sitting up at a desk feeling good. LOL!

I have been able to watch Oriole's games online and it has helped that they are kicking some ass and got a 9 game lead on the Yankess.

iTarzan

Colts have no run game..

ZERO

I guess you missed Armad Bradshaw running over San Fran! He's back!

And Trent Richardson is going to show up.
That said the Colts don't need a running game. Haven't you heard it is a passing league.

Whadeez I won't be drafting any Colts in our CC league. I don't like to jinx my own team.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
I'd rather have donald brown than trent richardson, still can't believe Mike Lomabardi was able to trade him for a #1 pick. Everyone keeps saying Richardson is gonna show up since his rookie year and guess what 3.3 YPC ain't gonna cut it on any NFL team. Also Ahmad Bradshaw is a injury waiting to happen, he can't stay healthy he's proven that in NY. I have to agree Indy's biggest weakness is probably their running, good call SS.

iTarzan

Preseason blows. They should do away with it altogether. But why was the preseason game funny? Except that the Giants' starters sucked. LOL! Their scrubs were better than the Colts scrubs though. It was a scrubs ass kicking in the 4th quarter.

iTarzan

Bradshaw is certainly injury prone and evidently so is Trent. He played with a broken rib his rookie year and had a shoulder injury he played with all last year. Plus last years Colts o[line had only 2 original starters for the last 9 games of the season. Trent would get hammered as soon as he got the ball. And he switched teams.

This is the year he needs to produce. There were no ist round draft picks the Colts were after at pick 23. They were not going to over spend for a second rounder they needed.

They essentially traded Johnny Football for Trent. I think Johnny will pan out but he was never going to start on the Colts and you don't draft a QB in the first round for a backup.

If Trent has a breakout season they it will be the steal of the century. If he doesn't the Colts are still going to make a Super Bowl run.

I predict Richardson runs for 1200+ yards, 10+ TDs and 30+ receptions. The sky is the limit for Bradshaw IF he stays healthy.

iTarzan

I know this is all just my homerish armchair quarterback opinion. I just love football talk and debates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts