What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
i have a strange feeling that picking up manning in the first round will end up being a mistake, he's old...has neck problems, he's one neck-stretch-drew-brees ahmad brooks sack away from being a coach...He's sofa king good though and i agree that connection should equal some points, BUT if this year is anything like last year, the big fantasy receiving games get spread around denver a bit...gotta get some kind of denver on the fantasy squad though. one would have to be picking in slot 7-8 in a 10 team to even come close to picking up peyton and demarius in the same draft, then you have questionable RB's(lets be honest we don't need our rb's to kill it, but you need someone that can put up 10pts week in and week out in both slots.

I've seen peyton go as high as #2 overall in some of the mock drafts I've been doing

Storm Shadow

Veteran
In the first 2 preseason games ..Manning to Thomas translated into a 4 quarter game would be like 15-150-1 for Thomas.... No Decker...$$$$ It'll be like insane Marvin Harrison/Manning Colts Era....

Manning actually looks better than last year and reports out of camp are that he's stronger ...throwing with more Zip...

I took him pick 10 in a 12 team league PPR... I wanted D.Thomas but he was taken right b4... So next up in that Offense ..Monte Ball!

Monte Ball will be a top 5 back... Think old school Edge James... 50+ receptions....1300+ rushing yards...and 10+TD's

Tony Gonzales ..Best TE of all time... just said recently he thinks the Broncos will go undefeated this season

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
peyton loves the slot, if welker can avoid some of the big hits and concussions he's gold, and can be grabbed a little later in the draft than d.t.

iTarzan

Tony Gonzales ..Best TE of all time... just said recently he thinks the Broncos will go undefeated this season

I think he will be wrong after game one when the Colts beat him just like last year.

The Colts had major injuries right out of the gate last year. Even missing both starting RBs and the main TE Allen they mauled Seattle and Niners. Then even more banged up they were crushing Denver until a late Manning comeback but still beat them going away.

The injuries continued until they were too much to overcome. They still might have beat NE without the refs ripping them off during the second round playoff game.

Think about it. The final 4 teams and the Colts manhandled all of them except the Patriots.

I don't know how they are being overlooked. I will be surprised if they lose a game if they avoid catastrophic injuries. Fans of Seattle, San Fran and Denver know their teams got schooled by the Colts. It wasn't lucky luck either it was Andrew Luck.

This is what the Colts are. A team that can score on anybody. A QB that can throw deep as good as Marino, pass on the run as good as Montana, as cerebral and talented as Manning, can run nearly as fast as RGIII but way more durable, can bull his way into the end zone like a big strong TE, is as hard or harder to bring down than Big Ben, has the same rah rah celebrating team camaraderie as Favre and the football insticts to pick up a fumble and dive into the endzone. They have great receivers (most likely the best group in the NFL), good TEs and enough pieces on defense to make a strong Super Bowl run.

I just don't see how they can be stopped when they are healthy. Everybody seems to be sleeping on the team that had the best group of wins in the NFL last year.

Beating Denver, in Denver in week #1 on Sunday night football is going to open everyone's eyes.

iTarzan

I know it is only preseason but the Colts starters have scored on 5 of 6 possessions and the starting D hasn't given up a point. Two preseason games one was 10-0 after a half of quarter and the other was 13-0 after almost a full quarter. That would work out to 80-0 and 52-0 in full games.

iTarzan

Monte Ball will be a top 5 back... Think old school Edge James... 50+ receptions....1300+ rushing yards...and 10+TD's

Old school Edgerin James!! No way Storm. People forget about Edge too. He led the NFL in rushing yards his rookie year with 1553 yards, had the most receptions (62) by a RB and was the best blocking back in the NFL. Then his second year he again led the NFL in rushing with 1709 yards and all RB receptions with 63.

In his third year he was on pace of 2118 yards rushing and 67 receptions and then he got hurt with a bad knee injury. Even though he had 5 more 1200+ seasons starting 2 years after the injury and was great. He was never like he was before injury. He was going to do what Jim Brown did and lead the NFL in rushing for his first 8 years.

He got robbed of being the greatest RB in NFL history. Yes better than Brown and better than Sanders. Sanders only reached 1500 yds once in his first 5 years and 4 in his career. He never rushed for 2000 yards until his 9th years. Sanders only averaged 35 receptions a year too and wasn't the blocker edge was.

Now you all know.

iTarzan

9ers are gonna be fine, if you remember last year that had a rocky first 3-4 weeks and then that D went into beast mode and they never looked back.

Week 1 they beat the Packers (Kap had 404 yds passing) and week 4 they beat the Rams. They were 2-2 because week 2 they got beat by Seattle and week 3 they found out how good the Colts were.

iTarzan

I agree with you babba. The Redskins were asking for it. They should have got a penalty before that even happened. They have no room to talk after all the hype RGIII got and still gets plus his gift ROY.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
He sofa king good.... didnt want me in this thread.. lol im here now fuck the 40wynerz giants runnin it this yr ....
Deez is the back of ur truck still all fuct up....

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
lol midgets, you waiting til they're 0-12 before you throw in the towel for 2014? lmfao

and yea I still got that slick ass niner sticker on the back of my ride...what!?! lol

I gotta give you a call back tomorrow

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
This is what the Colts are. A team that can score on anybody. A QB that can throw deep as good as Marino, pass on the run as good as Montana, as cerebral and talented as Manning, can run nearly as fast as RGIII but way more durable, can bull his way into the end zone like a big strong TE, is as hard or harder to bring down than Big Ben, has the same rah rah celebrating team camaraderie as Favre and the football insticts to pick up a fumble and dive into the endzone. They have great receivers (most likely the best group in the NFL), good TEs and enough pieces on defense to make a strong Super Bowl run.

I like Luck as much as anyone but you need to slow your roll there.
He might be the lebron james of the nfl but even lebron needed help to win titles. Even Peyton, for all the great years he had with the Colts, needed a solid defense and special teams to win a title.
Wayne is a great player but he's 35, Dwayne allen is talented but young, ty hilton is a field stretcher but small, and Hakeem nicks used to be very good, maybe still can be if he's healthy and not going through the motions like he was last year with the giants. He's on a 1 yr deal so i guess hes going to lay it all out there in hopes of getting one last multi year contract.
Denver's got better receivers, Atlanta too with Julian and Roddy (maybe), Chicago with Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery, the Niners have Crabtree, Boldin and Steve Johnson as well as Vernon Davis.
Luck's going to have a good year, because that's what great players do, and the colts are going to beat some good teams. It's the somewhat inexplicable losses to bad or average teams that makes me wonder if they can go all the way. Playing down to the level of their competition?

I guess the Niners have as good a chance as anyone to win it. Theyve made 3 straight conf championships, including a SB. Still, there's the little matter of getting past the one team in their division, who are actually the defending champs... Other than that, it's smooth sailing!

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
I agree the colts will be good this year I personally feel like they are the 3rd best team in AFC behind the pats and broncos. I admit I don't think the AFC is strong this year, Cinncy never does anything, chiefs blew that playoff game to indy bad, and if Pitt can get their line together they'll be in it. I don't take any other teams in that conference as serious contenders.

To say Luck has RG3 speed is ludicrous, even to say he's as hard to bring down as Big Ben is off base IMO. RG3 as world class speed he'd be an Olympic sprinter if he wasn't in the NFL. Big Ben dodges sackers better than any other QB i think I've seen.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

you guys should approach a couple of usa based seed breeders to sponsor an icmag fantasy football bean contest :)

iTarzan

It's the somewhat inexplicable losses to bad or average teams that makes me wonder if they can go all the way. Playing down to the level of their competition?

They lost starting RB before game one and beat Oakland. But lost the starting left guard, starting Rt guard and starting TE in that game.

They lost to Miami because they are a young team and you can't lose people like that and instantly overcome it. They did get screwed and had the game winning TD called back.

Then they beat SF but lost Armad Bradshaw who rushed for over 100 yards against SF. They still beat the Jags and then beat Seatlle. In those 3 games they lost starting LB, CB and a safety plus DE Reading.
They lost to Chargers, who seem to beat us over the years and were a playoff team but injuries were crazy.

The Rams loss was a shock but Arizona loss was to a very good team. But they were still down all those starters. Plus they just lost Wayne.

The Bengals loss was the biggest rip off of the year and every announcer sports talking head could believe it. When the Colts had the goal line stand against the Bengals, trip the guy in the back field, he went down but got up and went in. They reviewed and said he scored. Everyone saw he was down by contact.

So the losses were not just because they lost to lesser teams. There were circumstances.

Wayne is a #1, Nicks is looking great and was a#1 on the Giants. TY is a slot reciever and is durable. He toasted and flame broiled Sherman of Seattle. Nobody else did that all year.

Da'Rick Rogers is a field stretcher. He isn't even know. But last year and so far they can't stop him from out running anybody on the field. Moncrief was a steal and just might be ROY. Whalen is tricky and has glue hands. No other team is 6 deep at receiver.
Then there is Fleenor and Allen. Allen got hurt but this year people are going to learn all about Allen. Many fantasy sites are saying he has the most upside of any TE. He is a huge bull that can be used as a FB and is the best run blocking TE in quite a while.

Luck has a team. The team has luck. He took a 2-14 team that got rid of 80% of the players and all of the coaching and front office staff. He wasn't Wilson getting the keys to a expensive sports car. He was getting a station wagon and won 11 games his rookie year.

I truly believe after about 6 games NFL fans will become aware how good the Colts and Luck are. It will start with a win in Denver week ! and then beating Philly in Indy week 2.

We will see!

iTarzan

To say Luck has RG3 speed is ludicrous, even to say he's as hard to bring down as Big Ben is off base IMO. RG3 as world class speed he'd be an Olympic sprinter if he wasn't in the NFL. Big Ben dodges sackers better than any other QB i think I've seen.

RGIII 40 yard dash 4.41 Luck 4.61 .02 difference and weighs 20 lbs less. Luck is 6'4" and 240 lbs RGIII is 6'2'' and 222 lbs which everyone knows is fake stats. He is skinny with pipe cleaner arms and legs.

That isn't the only speed.

Luck cone drill 6.8 secs Shuttle 4.28 seconds
RGIII cone drill 7.1 secs and 5.0 sec shuttle Luck was faster and bigger.

Like I said Luck is just as fast. .02 in the 40 isn't that much better. But those cone and shuttle numbers are actually pretty big because that is how QBs have to run around. When you factor in size it isn't even close.

Athleticism Luck 36" vertical jump and 124" broad jump

RGIII 39" vertical and 120" broad jump

Between Kap, Wilson, RGIII and Luck what QB has the most rushing TD's the past 2 years? Answer.... Andrew Luck.

And if you think Big Ben is the best you need to go to the site that breaks it all down Football something. Luck escaped the most in the grasps by far.

There aren't going to be many pick sixes against luck either because he gets the angle, chases them down and tackles them easily. He is a load.

I have been watching the Colts since Unitas. We have never had anybody this good. He has crushed all Manning stats for the 1st 2 years of their careers. He won a playoff game sooner. He got to double digit wins his first year. Won the division his first 2 years. Manning didn't do any of that until Edge came. Luck doesn't need Edge.

The age of Luck is here. A dynasty is being born before our very eyes.

Last edited:

iTarzan

Oh yeah I am way high on these Colts. I am in super homer mode. I can not wait for this season to start.

iTarzan

I'm talking crazy I know. But there are some interesting facts I laid on you. I am starting to win you over.

You van all still buy Luck Colt's jerseys. j/k

Always be true to your team.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
we all know jim gave than one to drew luck ;) if not for both of their success in tandem at stanford translating into both of em getting some serious dough(lucks big $ will come soon enough) ....Jim felt that he owed andy that one HA!

all joking aside i think the colts are a strong team...it's really hard to read your multiple posts though...do you have the option to edit your posts or are you just trying to pad the post count to 50? just curious

iTarzan

Not padding post count. I never pm much anyways. People don't pad their post count with huge rambling posts whadeez.

I am on complete bed rest, laying on my side typing with one hand becaue the other is holding the laptop. Why are they hard to read?

I just got shutdown on here again. I always have to start over.

Plus I am going to kick your butt in FF this year. LOL! I am tobor fron CC. I am also high on Triangle and BTY hash.

Status
Not open for further replies.