What's new

Newbie tries to grow weed

Limolax

LOL i wold love to see that.. walking the dogs and see some guy on a over pass throwing off chunks of marble.. i would get chatting with him though and sure i would walk away witha new friend.. ha ha

so anyway guys why do you want crushed marble? ive never heard that related to growing cannabis so educate me please guys.. im guessing its some organic hippie jazz? which is not my cup of tea but a good mate of mine is right into his organic stuff..
The main reason I wana add crushed marble is that I can't find any kind of lime (agricultural, dolimitic,pulverized,etc). None. Since marble is made of lime. It works the same. According to a research done marble cutting waste can be used instead of lime. The application rate is 1.5 to 2 times the amount of lime. So if a gallon of soil needs 1 tbs of lime then the same soil can be treated with 2 tbs of crushed marble. Although the size of marble pices are important. Smaller and finer is better. That's why I am not crushing it but grinding it slowly. The microbes and trace mineral in the crushed rock also help but the main reason for adding crushed marble or marble cutting waste is as a liming agent. I found out about all this by another helpfull member of this cummunity. I hope that answere your question. CheeeerZ

Last edited:
oh awesome thanks for the knowledge there good sir.. i do feel for you and your restrictions and think its good to see you doing these sorts of things to implement for things you cant easily get.. good work

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
tagged up. :lurk:

I usually flower in 5 gallon containers if under a 400w in a closet in organic soil. 3 gallons is about as small as you wanna go for a water only type soil.

more soil is more roots is more flowers.

careful when you move them from the 80w light to the 400w lamp, that is a big jump for the plants. they need to be "hardened off" over the period of a couple days. simply raise the light a couple feet extra (so like 3-4' above the canopy for a 400w) to lower the light intensity on the plants.

Limolax

Update time

Update time

Well I finished making the 6 tbs of crushed marble. Gonna go as planed. Add 2 tbs of crushed marble plushn1 litter of new soil on top of each pot. So 2 tbs per 5.5 liter of soil. I haven't added the soil yet. Waiting for the pots to get a bit dryer and then add the new soil containing crushed marble and then water right away. Hopefully the crushed marble on the top soil will increase PH slowly by every watering. Meanwhile here are some pictures.

Group pictures

Last edited:
awesome pics mate.. things are looking very healthy there.. hope your crushed marble works out for you. your a guy with restrictions and you still do an amazing job.. keep it up mate.

Limolax

I recently found a way to get access to Biobizz liquid products. Any of u guys have any experiance with them? Are they worth the money? I think I am able to get on without them but if there is gonna be a huge difference on yield and quality then I might use them. So what do you guys think? I would like to add that each product is gonna cost me 3 to 4 times the price on the web since there is no Biobizz branch or store. Just a guy who imports them ileagaly. So it's whatever price he chooses.
Waiting for your input

ive heard of it and heard good things about it. but never used it myself.. so depending on price.. if its ridiculous price and you can get by then i wouldnt bother with it

Scrappy-doo

If you still are planning to use that soil blended with the different meals and manures and have that organic bloom food, I think you'd be better off with that. You'll have less issues and they quality of your buds will be better.

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lookin good man.

If you want a simple soil mix check out my sig your crushed marble is a good substitute for lime, you can water from start to finish no probs with a good mix, most I see overdo what is necessary.
That yellowing looks like they have a little magnesium deficiency to me. Loks good overall though.

Limolax

Thanks everyone for sharing yor knowledge and experience. Regarding BB products. I decided to get one or two of their product and use it on some and see the diff for myself.
I finally added the new soil ith the marbles and took some poctures.

One of the plants is totaly fine. It didnt have any sign from begining. No yellowing of the leafe edges and it only lost a set of leafs from the bigining but the two other plans are getting worst. The new growth is fine. Its just the bottum leafs. Look at the damage. What do u think is wrong with them?

Scrappy-doo

Looks like it's just a progression on the same leaves as before. Not much you can do about that a lot of times affected leaves will continue to degrade even if the problem is fixed. Just keep an eye on it spreading to any new leaves. If it were me I'd just pluck those leaves off. It'll make it easier to see if any new problems arise.

Limolax

Looks like it's just a progression on the same leaves as before. Not much you can do about that a lot of times affected leaves will continue to degrade even if the problem is fixed. Just keep an eye on it spreading to any new leaves. If it were me I'd just pluck those leaves off. It'll make it easier to see if any new problems arise.
You mean i should cut the whole leaf? Like from the branch tip or just cut the dammaged part?

Scrappy-doo

I just pluck off the whole thing bradda. Damaged leaves are an eye sore, take energy to sustain, and make you feel bad when you see it. Let your plant focus it's attention on making new ones. Then you can start enjoying your plant rather than feeling sorry for it.

Limolax

Lookin good man.

If you want a simple soil mix check out my sig your crushed marble is a good substitute for lime, you can water from start to finish no probs with a good mix, most I see overdo what is necessary.
That yellowing looks like they have a little magnesium deficiency to me. Loks good overall though.
Your soil recepie seems very nice but as I explained in my previous posts. I live somewhere in middle east that I don't have any wallmart, homedepo, e bay, amazon, online delivery and such. I can find most things found in a village. So no brand name soil mix at all. Gotta get some locally made. So from your soil mix I can't get like half. I can't get ocean forest, happy frog, canna coco, pulverized lime and Azomite.
I can get different meals and the EWC. Thanks though. I've red lots of soil recipes online but due to restrictions here I can't compelite any of them. There are always one or two materials missing.

Limolax

Organic farming belongs to first world countries. Farmers don't use much chemicals here. So the only way is the organic way. But T the same time I live in a city with 15 mil population and not any farm. I have to travel north to get to farming lands. It's a 6 hours drive but still I wount be able to find brand name soil mix or organics. As I said I can get different meals, worm casting, and animal manure. That's what they use in farms here. No guano of any kind either. Bat or any bird. I think I ll be fine with just EWC I am planing to give some liquid organic fertelizer like biofish or something similar to make up for what I don't have in my soil.

heady blunts

prescription blunts
Veteran
hey limolax i just wanna throw this out there for some perspective, i hope i don't start a shit storm lol...

it is possible to grow a canna plant from seed to harvest in just compost, peat, and aeration.

you gotta have great compost. manure based compost using cow shit is generally considered the best, but any herbavorian waste will work with proper composting techniques.

a great compost is as simple as brown carbon material (old leaves for example), cow shit, and rock dust, then after it finishes, feed it to the worms. if you were able to water it properly you could probably grow plants in that alone!

granted, using only compost without slower-to-break-down amendments, the plant may yellow early and show some mild deficiencies---and it will certainly yield less than in an optimized potting mix---but you can have healthy plants with some disease resistance and flowers that smoke well with only that.

hopefully that gives you a little peace of mind as you try to piece together a more robust mix.

Limolax

hey limolax i just wanna throw this out there for some perspective, i hope i don't start a shit storm lol...

it is possible to grow a canna plant from seed to harvest in just compost, peat, and aeration.

you gotta have great compost. manure based compost using cow shit is generally considered the best, but any herbavorian waste will work with proper composting techniques.

a great compost is as simple as brown carbon material (old leaves for example), cow shit, and rock dust, then after it finishes, feed it to the worms. if you were able to water it properly you could probably grow plants in that alone!

granted, using only compost without slower-to-break-down amendments, the plant may yellow early and show some mild deficiencies---and it will certainly yield less than in an optimized potting mix---but you can have healthy plants with some disease resistance and flowers that smoke well with only that.

hopefully that gives you a little peace of mind as you try to piece together a more robust mix.
Thanks a lot. Well I do like to put together a fine soil mix and just feed it water. But the only things I can get in pack and sterilized are Peatmoss, perlite, vermicompost and random potting soils Localy made.
I can also get different meals of good quality. But animal poop is hard to get in the city. For now the plan is to go with the basic soil I have and give organic liquid fertelizer if needed. One for veg and one for bloom. Since my soil has some nutrients in it in the beginning I think I might be fine for veg period if it's not that long and I ll add a bloom liquid organic fertelizer for the last two month or so.

Latest posts

Latest posts