What's new

Newbie tries to grow weed

gorilla ganja

7 -10 gal, 26-37L pots should be plenty for you. Depends on how many females you end up with. I would maybe try a couple different sizes for your first grow to find out what works best for you. It depends alot on veg time and strain. Did you tell us the strain I cant remember if i read it on here?

Limolax

Wow 10 gals!! I'll see what I can find. I didn't mention the strain cause I don't know it. They are bag seeds. They all came out of the same bud but again I have no idea what strain they exactly are.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
I thnk 10 gallons is very big for indoors mate, it'll take a very long time to fill a 45 liter pot with roots.. I think 10-15 liters should be plenty... maybe you should look at some other grow diaries and see what the consensus is ...

Last edited:

Limolax

The plan is to move them to 3 L pots as soon as I have the time. Within the next a few days hopefully. And then right before I make the switch to 12/12 I'll move them into 10 L pots as their final home. What do you think? Any suggestion?

atk7

How long are you planning on veg ?if wanting to flip soon I would go strait into the 10 L so they are not recovering from a repot when flipped to flower .but give them a little time after repot to recover so not stressed wh going to flower . Just my 2c

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
what atk said.. I like to give mine about a week maybe 10 days to recover from transplant and fill the space with more roots... plants will continue to put out roots up to 4 weeks (more often 2-3) into flower so thats something to consider ...

Limolax

Thanks atk7 and jaimieshoes for the tip. Ill consider this before transplanting to the final pot. Ill make sure to give em couple of weeks after transplanting before switching to 12/12. I have to mix some soil first. And then i gotta make the bloom closet ready. I have to light proof it and cover it with some of the same reflective materials i used in veg room. I have the light, fixture, and ballast already set up and in place. The fan is installed but needs some wiring. So ill get to it then. CheeeeerZ

Limolax

I have a question for you guys. Does root growth stop in bloom period ? Why we don't wana transplant during flowering ?

Limolax

Here are pictures taken an hour ago

As you can see one of the plant is a bit droopy ( one in the middle ). Also the edges of fan leafes are a bit rigid and yellow. Should I worry about it?

Limolax

Well I mixed some soil yesterday. I am short on vermicompost. Will buy some tomarrow. And hopefully repot into 3 liters pots soon. Then veg for a few more weeks under 400 watts M.H lamp. And then switch two of them to 12/12 and keep one in veg to practice cloning with.

Hi,
You're almost at the finish line. All you have to do now is just water them when the soil feels dry about one inch deep. No nutrients now please, just water for that good taste. When you flip to 12/12 make sure there is always constant airflow on your girls so no mold develops on the buds. As long as you have good airflow you can sneak by with high humidity during budding. Best of luck to you! :)
Well I mixed some soil yesterday. I am short on vermicompost. Will buy some tomarrow. And hopefully repot into 3 liters pots soon. Then veg for a few more weeks under 400 watts M.H lamp. And then switch two of them to 12/12 and keep one in veg to practice cloning with.

Limolax

Well I am not planing to give any chemical fertelizer but I think I might have to give em some nutrients in the long run. I have two organic fertelizer.
PROSI mal L 0-2-2
Biofish 3-1-2
If I face any deficiency Ill use those. Fist one for bloom and second one for veg. I haven't used any cause my soil had enough nutrients (I think). Considering that I am gonna repot into bigger pots soon the plants are gonna get new composted material so they are gonna have nuts for a bit longer. So I don't know when if I ever use those organic fertlizers.
I was supposed to receive some new materials for my soil but I haven't got them yet. So my soil is not as hot as I like it to be nut wise. So my guess is that I will have to use those fertelizer at some point. Or when I get my other material I can fill the top of the pots with some. Here is the list of stuff I am waiting on :
Kelp meal
Bone meal
Blood meal
Fish meal
Alfalfa meal
Pottasium phosphate
Dolomit lime / agricultural lime
Epsom salt
Sugar molasses
Dried animal manure
Sulfate of potash
I am not planning to use all of them in my soil. Some are just for caution. I ordered some so in the future if I face any deficiency and what not I have the proper medication for it ;)
So the soil is equal amount of potting soil, vermicompost, and Peatmoss that is premixed with 40% perlite. It's not hot enough to take my plant all thebway into late bloom right ?
So is it ok if I add some of those materials like different meals to the top of the soil already in the pot in the hope providing the required nutrients for my plants? Isthe way hotter soil gonna burn the bottom of my plant? Or what are the pros and cons of doing this?

Hi,
It looks to me like you bought a bunch of ingredients to make a version of Subcool's supersoil. Sounds good for your next run, but for this run I advise you to only give water from now until finish. Even if your plant gets a nutrient deficiency when you flip to 12/12, I don't advise you to try and correct the problem. Please only give water (room temperature). Please no more nutrients. You will be rewarded with tasty smoke. Thank you and I wish you great success. :)

Well I am not planing to give any chemical fertelizer but I think I might have to give em some nutrients in the long run. I have two organic fertelizer.
PROSI mal L 0-2-2
Biofish 3-1-2
If I face any deficiency Ill use those. Fist one for bloom and second one for veg. I haven't used any cause my soil had enough nutrients (I think). Considering that I am gonna repot into bigger pots soon the plants are gonna get new composted material so they are gonna have nuts for a bit longer. So I don't know when if I ever use those organic fertlizers.
I was supposed to receive some new materials for my soil but I haven't got them yet. So my soil is not as hot as I like it to be nut wise. So my guess is that I will have to use those fertelizer at some point. Or when I get my other material I can fill the top of the pots with some. Here is the list of stuff I am waiting on :
Kelp meal
Bone meal
Blood meal
Fish meal
Alfalfa meal
Pottasium phosphate
Dolomit lime / agricultural lime
Epsom salt
Sugar molasses
Dried animal manure
Sulfate of potash
I am not planning to use all of them in my soil. Some are just for caution. I ordered some so in the future if I face any deficiency and what not I have the proper medication for it ;)
So the soil is equal amount of potting soil, vermicompost, and Peatmoss that is premixed with 40% perlite. It's not hot enough to take my plant all thebway into late bloom right ?
So is it ok if I add some of those materials like different meals to the top of the soil already in the pot in the hope providing the required nutrients for my plants? Isthe way hotter soil gonna burn the bottom of my plant? Or what are the pros and cons of doing this?

Limolax

Hi,
It looks to me like you bought a bunch of ingredients to make a version of Subcool's supersoil. Sounds good for your next run, but for this run I advise you to only give water from now until finish. Even if your plant gets a nutrient deficiency when you flip to 12/12, I don't advise you to try and correct the problem. Please only give water (room temperature). Please no more nutrients. You will be rewarded with tasty smoke. Thank you and I wish you great success. :)
Thanks for the advice. I'll keep that in mind. I have all the best intentions for my plants and I don't like to feed them extra stuff at all if not needed. For now the plan is just to transplant them into new pots. 3 liters With the base soil I mentioned before. I might give it some kelp extract IF and only if I face any deficiency. Well lets see how they do within the next a few weeks and then we will discuss it further. Thanks again. I am all for good natural taste when it comes to smoking weed.

Limolax

Well I have a friend who is growing some weed for this season. He has total of 33 plants. Total of seven strain. All are feminized and all are legit seed bought from Europe. He is planning to plant them into earth outdoor. He has 30 of em in a different location and 3 at his house in the roof. I just took a few pictures of them. It's been 10 days since they sprouted out of the soil. The strains are Northen Lights, Cheese, and Blue cheese from left to right.

They have been under direct sunshine for most of the day. It's a bit windy here so he is a little worried about the stem getting broken. I don't know exactly what his soil is. But the base is Peatmoss has some perlite in it but don't know what are the other materials in it. He puts them back inside for the night but as soon as they have grown enough he plants them in the ground somewhere out of town along with the 30 others. Here are couple of group pictures.

My own plants are Ok. They are a bit sad due to limited root space and me being lazy and not repot them in time. Tomarrow I promise to take care of them. Hopefully.... Lol

Hi,
Sounds like your friend and you have big plans for the season. I hope everything works out for you. Do you have a humidity and temperature controlled location you can dry and cure all that bud come harvest time?

Well I have a friend who is growing some weed for this season. He has total of 33 plants. Total of seven strain. All are feminized and all are legit seed bought from Europe. He is planning to plant them into earth outdoor. He has 30 of em in a different location and 3 at his house in the roof. I just took a few pictures of them. It's been 10 days since they sprouted out of the soil. The strains are Northen Lights, Cheese, and Blue cheese from left to right.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=60337&pictureid=1435775&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=60337&pictureid=1435776&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=60337&pictureid=1435783&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
They have been under direct sunshine for most of the day. It's a bit windy here so he is a little worried about the stem getting broken. I don't know exactly what his soil is. But the base is Peatmoss has some perlite in it but don't know what are the other materials in it. He puts them back inside for the night but as soon as they have grown enough he plants them in the ground somewhere out of town along with the 30 others. Here are couple of group pictures.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=60337&pictureid=1435774&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=60337&pictureid=1435773&thumb=1]View Image[/url]
My own plants are Ok. They are a bit sad due to limited root space and me being lazy and not repot them in time. Tomarrow I promise to take care of them. Hopefully.... Lol

Limolax

Hi,
Sounds like your friend and you have big plans for the season. I hope everything works out for you. Do you have a humidity and temperature controlled location you can dry and cure all that bud come harvest time?
Well. I think he has a plan for the curing stage. To be honest we haven't talked about the curing stage. But this is not his first year. Last year he had more than 100 plants outdoor. All turned out nice. Among them there were some of the best pot I smoked in the last couple of years. So I think he has thought it all the way throu. The place out of town that we wanna plant them into ground is a garden with some fruit trees in it and a villa in the middle. I am sure we can use one of the bedrooms for curing when the time comes. Still have a long long way to go untill the end of the season

I wish you much luck my friend!!! Don't you wish you could fast forward time so that you could be smoking your harvest right now? hehehe
Well. I think he has a plan for the curing stage. To be honest we haven't talked about the curing stage. But this is not his first year. Last year he had more than 100 plants outdoor. All turned out nice. Among them there were some of the best pot I smoked in the last couple of years. So I think he has thought it all the way throu. The place out of town that we wanna plant them into ground is a garden with some fruit trees in it and a villa in the middle. I am sure we can use one of the bedrooms for curing when the time comes. Still have a long long way to go untill the end of the season

Limolax

I finally re-potted my plants into bigger pots. By the way the pots are actually 4.5 litters up to where I filled them. I have some extra room to add some soil/composted organics on the top. The plants are a bit unhappy due to the transplant but I gave em lots of water and hope they will look fine again tomarrow and start growing those roots into new soil and grow and grow and grow...
Here are some pictures taken right after the watering after re-potting.

And a group picture

Latest posts

Latest posts