What's new

Newbie enquiries-100% Free Strain Advice y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
well it got a little worse when i was being told i didnt know what i was talking about, i apologise for swearing, but what is the point in being asked an opinion- you give it then a load of ,also, bad karma'd dudes come in with some poor comments. thae whole point of this whole thing was if people were asking about strains i had grown i would tell em what i know. i really shouldnt have had a go at you anyway, just felt a bit in the corner

i dont know the bros grimm personally, and i have slightly more important things to do than chace up every fact so im quite sorry i didnt know they werent the same as spice bros ha ha ha im the laughing stock of me

dkmonk

Hey i for one think this guy is being helpful genuinely and people should leave him alone, so what he bashed arjan 90% of us have done that.

berlinweed

:yeahthats

I don´t want strains that hermie without stress and I do not understand how breeder can use these strains to work on with them. In a vendors forum here on ic people say that they do not have a problem when a strain tends to herm "it is just more work to pick them out". :noway:

Even if a pheno shows one single banana it has to leave my garden! It can ruin the whole harvest. No mercy for evil banana!!

BW

Attachments

• evil banana.jpg
    evil banana.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 16
S

Sir_Nugget

what about bubba / and og cuts from los angeles.. aswell ans the oaksterdam cut line up.. what do u think bout hose?

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
berlinweed - breeders dont mean too do this, they know the consequences of letting it happen, but it does, and has happened,by accident . But they are accidents that can be avoided and we pay for. it can take an incredible amount of work to prevent any getting in to your line. I thought i would make a point- when asked - to mention a few of the guys,and a few of the strains, i have never had hermies with. They are a pain i too hate hermies pollinating my girls, they die so quickly they hardly feel a thing

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
what about bubba / and og cuts from los angeles.. aswell ans the oaksterdam cut line up.. what do u think bout hose?

not tried em cheif, you americans have the privlage of telling the rest of the world about those because theres a never ending supply of stuff ive never heard of coming out of cali, but im from the uk so i wouldnt know. peace

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well it got a little worse when i was being told i didnt know what i was talking about, i apologise for swearing, but what is the point in being asked an opinion- you give it then a load of ,also, bad karma'd dudes come in with some poor comments. thae whole point of this whole thing was if people were asking about strains i had grown i would tell em what i know. i really shouldnt have had a go at you anyway, just felt a bit in the corner

i dont know the bros grimm personally, and i have slightly more important things to do than chace up every fact so im quite sorry i didnt know they werent the same as spice bros ha ha ha im the laughing stock of me

look im bothering to do this because 15+ years of growing this plant in an industrious manner seeking to try as many strains as possible, a degree in biology, and 10+ years of owning a legit nursery qualifies me to say what i know about plants.

If you're going to be a "self proclaimed guru" you better be able to take the heat.....

W

Weedman Herb

When you're offering advice you should have your facts straight ... If just 1 newb goes to Fet thinking the Spice Bros are the breeders formerly known as The Bros Grimm or buys their beans (which are crap IMHO JW has far better representations of The BG work) because of your misinfo a Serious Injustice will have taken place ... and to think that Sly and Soul created a Weak Knock Off Company with their own wares is just Hilarious ...

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
ive been in way hotter fires. but thats not why im here anyway as ive mentioned loads of times this is supposed to be a helpfull thread, i was actually only doing this till i got enough posts to pm some old friends so you guys could close it if you want. do you have a question supermod?

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
When you're offering advice you should have your facts straight ... If just 1 newb goes to Fet thinking the Spice Bros are the breeders formerly known as The Bros Grimm or buys their beans (which are crap IMHO JW has far better representations of The BG work) because of your misinfo a Serious Injustice will have taken place ... and to think that Sly and Soul created a Weak Knock Off Company with their wares is just Hilarious ...

yea man i said i was sorry about that ok? thats why i so gratiously accepted i was wrong, i grew alot of bros grimm stuff back in the days and to be honest the spice bros seeds are no worse really so i didnt suspect they were made by a weak knock off company, i just swallowed what i read

G

guest123

cannafriend- "the vast majority of all flowering species are hemies" what? yea they are if their meant to be - cannabis is a dioecious flowering species, meaning the plants are suppossed to be either male or female not monoecious, both, do your fucking home work troll

First of all, lost, you were dribbling on about selfing plants "creating a complete retards" and you specifically stated that this would happen with "ANY PLANT SPECIES". And that in nature they would be out competed and cease to exist. I was merely pointing out that you were full of crap is all. Now you'd like to pretend that you meant something else. OK, fine. There are many lines of Hemp that reproduce via intersexed plants, they are not being out competed genetically, I assure you they do exist. Now what?

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
cannafriend-i should have put paragraph between ranting about selfing girls and hermies, their obviously not the same thing but if you self a girl the genetics may be limited and lead to higher incedence of hermies.

a hermie in other plant species is different to a hermie ganja plant because they are meant to exist they are monoeicious and as i mentioned ganja is dioecious.

even hermie plant species, which ganja is not, would have "retarded growth" and be less genetically strong, if it self pollinates.

no plant is meant to self pollinate thats the whole point of having flowers ,to gain genetic diversity through pollination from other individuals, self pollination happens, but its not meant to at all

also their has to be a different strain before competition can happen, a load of wild growing hemp doesnt have any genetic competition, its all on its own

so wheres the crap?

G

guest123

cannafriend-i should have put paragraph between ranting about selfing girls and hermies, their obviously not the same thing but if you self a girl the genetics may be limited and lead to higher incedence of hermies.

a hermie in other plant species is different to a hermie ganja plant because they are meant to exist they are monoeicious and as i mentioned ganja is dioecious.

even hermie plant species, which ganja is not, would have "retarded growth" and be less genetically strong, if it self pollinates.

no plant is meant to self pollinate thats the whole point of having flowers ,to gain genetic diversity through pollination from other individuals, self pollination happens, but its not meant to at all

also their has to be a different strain before competition can happen, a load of wild growing hemp doesnt have any genetic competition, its all on its own

so wheres the crap?

Self-pollinated plants are called that because that is what they are meant to do. How can you sit there, profess a degree in Biology, and then lay down this rubbish about no plants are meant to self-pollinate? They do occasionally outcross, bringing diversity to the line, but to say that they are not meant to self-pollinate is complete rubbish.

If you think that hermie-lines are somehow not natural and will revert back to there natural dioecious state given competition (crossing) or left alone in nature, then why the hell are you worried about it so? Obviously then, we better enjoy hermies while we can because they are on their way out according to your theories?

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
Self-pollinated plants are called that because that is what they are meant to do. How can you sit there, profess a degree in Biology, and then lay down this rubbish about no plants are meant to self-pollinate? They do occasionally outcross, and this brings fitness and diversity to the line, but to say that they are not meant to self-pollinate is complete rubbish.

If you think that hermie-lines are somehow not natural and would revert back to there natural dioecious state given competition or left alone in nature, then why the hell are you worried about it so? Obviously then, we better enjoy hermies while we can because they are on their way out according to your theories?

no your not making any sense at all, or your misunderstanding me pritty badly. an individual flower that has both male and female flowers doesnt want to pollinate its self it wants to pollinate and be pollinated by its nearest neighbour of the same strain, everytime if possible. i didnt say they would revert to their dioecious state, i said that wild hermie hemp doesnt come into contact with more genitically diverse strains so they have no gene competition. i cant say anymore because i dont have a clue, and neither do you, what your going on about.

anikas88

I believe LIAS, is well intentioned trying to offer advice to newer growers, but i believe he is ill informed. first off the hermaphrodite gene in cannabis is something the plant has it self evolved over the thousands or hundreds of thousands of years, it is a evolutionary trait that has made it sure that it would propagate itself toward the next generation in case of a emergency. Now for well known reasons this trait is best to be suppressed when breeding cannabis. And this evolutionary trait has its drawbacks and it is best not to pollinate with hermaphrodite pollen. but that brings me to my second point, modern breeders of feminized seeds, do not use naturally induced hermaphrodite pollen, but they use silver or chemicals to induce the hermaphrodite flowers on a female to make pollen and then they pollinate another female with this, reputable breeders like paradise, use this method, the plant from feminized seed will not be a genetic mutant or will not hermaphrodite in ideal condtions, now that brings me to my third point, should this method be used for breeding,no, should it be used to try to create feminized seeds yes. What i mean is that we should not try to breed using this method for we do not no the full consequences of these methods, but i have grown feminized with great results

Last edited:

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
yup all i was saying about breeders, is its really hard to make sure all of your girls dont have any hermie flowers so this may be where hermie genes are perpetuated through generations. hermies can be taken out of your garden and if you do it enough the hermie pollen wont invade the line that much. hermaphrodite plants accidentally being bred with is the only way the majority of the hermies i have grown have appeared, genes are genes are genes are genes, so the hermies i baught had hermie parents

G

guest123

no your not making any sense at all, or your misunderstanding me pritty badly. an individual flower that has both male and female flowers doesnt want to pollinate its self it wants to pollinate and be pollinated by its nearest neighbour of the same strain. i didnt say they would revert to their dioecious state, i said that wild hermie hemp doesnt come into contact with more genitically diverse strains so they have no gene competition. i cant say anymore because i dont have a clue, and neither do you, what your going on about.

Whats to misunderstand? what did you mean when you said

"also to clarify all hermie plants in any species are un-natural retards, in nature they would be outcompeted genetically and not exist."

?????

Jeeze, and now there is more NEW crap in this quoted text here but I can't even keep up with you! LOL, Shit flows from you like the Rio Barro son. Basically, most everything you've said in this entire thread has been complete and utter non-sense.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
ok to clarify a bit more-
all hermie plants in any species that are not meant to be hermies will end up being outcompeted genetically, by their own species, in nature, in the end, if there is a more genetically stable member of the same strain, stop splitting hairs its simple.

way more shit has come out of you and you've only typed a fifth of the posts i have on this thread. just go back through what youve been saying on this thread, you sound like a retard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts