What's new

Newbie enquiries-100% Free Strain Advice y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
I'm surprised (and very happy) to see PP made your list mate... Can you please check my photo and let me know how my PP pheno stacks up against the one youre talking about?

(this is the Dutch 8 week finisher from clone - local to my area 10 years+)

I've heard theres a 10-13 week PP pheno.. but I never saw it...

Attachments

• scrog garden 25.04.09.jpg
    scrog garden 25.04.09.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 17

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
jamieshoes- well if they all go nice and tight and orangey to finish, then their some of the best pp ive ever seen so hard to get hold of good pp genetics these days.

everyones grown a couple of indica/sativa crosses these days and think they know whats best, we need these classic strains back, and being bred by one of the big guys, not someone who just wants to see their strain win a cup and make a bit of money on the side. Thank god for the wonderfull dutch and all they did in the 70's 80's and 90's

Dirt Magirt

LIAS, thanks man! Thanks for taking the time, I have no experience with most of those strains but I am sure they are fire. I am going to add your selections to my thread. I will quote each of your posts. Great thread!

JamieShoes

Veteran
its very compact and goes pretty orange too... I think I must be very lucky to be able to get these :smile:

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
you are man, you are. if you could let everyone on ic have a toke on that shit, i think i know what the breeders would be doing in 5 years time. But part of the fun of doing what we do, is sometimes knowing that your one of the lucky ones that arn't just following the trend, ive got 8 different strains at the mo and i would trade any one for a good pp!

LIAS

doodah

okay lost in a sea, i'll play. got any recommendations for a clear-headed, motivational high (apart from a11, c99, ssh, kali mist and hawaiian snow)? i can't get the first two and already have the last 3. any ideas?

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
yea im beginning to feel like a skipping record but power plant really is the master of clear but powerfull highs, warlock for a little indica has a very clear motivational high, DTCA99 or DTCC99 both do (spice bros on drchronic.com ), most durbuns have a nice strong but clear high. i wouldnt say ssh was clear really, compared with most strains. southern lights is sort of clear but motivational. cannalope haze is quite clear, oh and DR atomics haze which isnt very hazy has a nice sort of clear high as well, hope that helped

I bought a (supposedly) sr71 pK clone but everything I flower out has been subpar buds. is this my fault, or do i have some booboo by a different name? the strain guide says huge broad leaves but mine are small and skinny.

also, is there ANYTHING i can grow in shady areas (less than 2hrs direct light) and be satisfied with the outcome?

JamieShoes

Veteran
you are man, you are. if you could let everyone on ic have a toke on that shit, i think i know what the breeders would be doing in 5 years time. But part of the fun of doing what we do, is sometimes knowing that your one of the lucky ones that arn't just following the trend, ive got 8 different strains at the mo and i would trade any one for a good pp!

LIAS

:yeahthats you can't see me, but I'm doing a little dance right now :D

all ic mag members are welcome to hit me up if they're in holland :wink:

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
PRIMOVG - hmm well you want things that creep up on you, most things with haze in the title should trip you out, if you think to yourself "hey this aint doing shit" and keep toking a good haze should catch you out. but lots of people put haze in the title strains that dont really appear to have much haze in. to mention a few good trippy strains:

belladonna (by paradise is really under rated i grew a few years back and the yield wasnt great but the stone was a real creeper)

amnesia haze-ive found to be a bit hit and miss but can get on top of you.

DR ATOMICS haze will fuck you up if you over do it as will russian although its not really trippy can make you trip cos its really strong.

i got some free g13 haze x martian mean green, which i thought was crap because there isnt much of an instant high but its quite good at creeping up on you and 30 minutes later you come round and notice you trippin a bit.

trippy strains are not really being selected for by any of the breeders and the strains that
are being developed are more like anti-trippy. The world of commercial growers makes trippy strains a bit irrelevent for most people sadly.

one of the best trips (or worst) ive had was a small button of home made warlock hash, i went a bit mad and put the whole lot in a couple of reefers and spent about an hour that night gripping the sink in the bathroom a staring at my pupils! which hasnt happend since i took shroomz!

Hawaiianpunch- lol bamboo! could you ellaborate on this clone sr71 pk? im not familiar with it. It may not be you fault so long as its in ok quality composte with ok drainage and your watering it when is thirsty you should be winning, for a not too sunny spot you need a over productive plant that doesnt care that much what you do, i have found that serious's AK47, white russian or chronic are such prolific plants that they should be happy hidden away.

jamieshoes- LOL id be doing a dance if i had all those pp too! good luck i hope one day i do bump into you over there

JamieShoes

Veteran
for trippy I like Nevs and Super Silver hazes.. and a beer or two (its wrong I know :wink:) to get the full "head bend" that I like when I'm in that mood

one of the most most trippy hits I ever took came from some Durban Poison in around 92

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
yea thats a good point actually if you wana trip just drink a few beers that works for most people just dont over do the nasty alcohol! durban is kick ass

P

PrimoVG

PRIMOVG - hmm well you want things that creep up on you, most things with haze in the title should trip you out, if you think to yourself "hey this aint doing shit" and keep toking a good haze should catch you out. but lots of people put haze in the title strains that dont really appear to have much haze in. to mention a few good trippy strains:

belladonna (by paradise is really under rated i grew a few years back and the yield wasnt great but the stone was a real creeper)

amnesia haze-ive found to be a bit hit and miss but can get on top of you.

DR ATOMICS haze will fuck you up if you over do it as will russian although its not really trippy can make you trip cos its really strong.

i got some free g13 haze x martian mean green, which i thought was crap because there isnt much of an instant high but its quite good at creeping up on you and 30 minutes later you come round and notice you trippin a bit.

trippy strains are not really being selected for by any of the breeders and the strains that
are being developed are more like anti-trippy. The world of commercial growers makes trippy strains a bit irrelevent for most people sadly.

one of the best trips (or worst) ive had was a small button of home made warlock hash, i went a bit mad and toked the hole lot in a couple of reefers and spent about an hour that night gripping the sink in the bathroom a staring at my pupils!

thanks alot!

have you tried any of Afropips' gear?

i've read good things and their prices are tempting...

fridays and saturdays I chase down all my home grown with either Corona Extra, black label w/7-up (or red bull), or vodka (greygoose or smirnoff) w/freshly squeezed oranges...

I like trippy strains for work (dont operate heavy machinery or motor vehichles)....the stronger the cerebal effect; the more I can concentrate, I feel more focused...if that makes any sense.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
PRIMO - "I feel more focused...if that makes any sense" yea i know what you mean, its easier to process things because concentrating on individual tasks is easier. There are many companies where that tempting price keeps them going, as for afopips i would say you get what the pictures show, their not the best but at least their not doing what everyone else does. Whenever i buy what could be a let down i make sure i have one or two strains at least that are trustworthyt.i do advocate trying as many different things as possible if only for the right to say that its crap.K+

P

PrimoVG

for trippy I like Nevs and Super Silver hazes.. and a beer or two (its wrong I know :wink:) to get the full "head bend" that I like when I'm in that mood

one of the most most trippy hits I ever took came from some Durban Poison in around 92

the trippiest weed I smoked...was some bagseed I grew last year (Mex brick)...a rushing euphoric high at first, then some great visuals/sounds; at one moment I had this feeling of depersonalization....but the high didn't last very long; and overinduldgence led to a really bad headache...

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
Yea i have also found headaches sometimes a problem with hazes or very pure sativas, quite strange and not very fun, something like nevilles haze or ssh would never give you a headache.

P

PrimoVG

Yea i have also found headaches sometimes a problem with hazes or very pure sativas, quite strange and not very fun, something like nevilles haze or ssh would never give you a headache.

yeah, shanti's gear is definitely on my list...

speaking of good breeders; what would be your Top 10 breeders/seedbank?

thanks for all your input!

PS - i'm looking for a sativa dominant strain that finishes in about 80days, does well in indoor humid places (60~70% Rh) and is priced under 100USD for 10 beans....know anything that fits the bill?

doodah

yea im beginning to feel like a skipping record but power plant really is the master of clear but powerfull highs, warlock for a little indica has a very clear motivational high, DTCA99 or DTCC99 both do (spice bros on drchronic.com ), most durbuns have a nice strong but clear high. i wouldnt say ssh was clear really, compared with most strains. southern lights is sort of clear but motivational. cannalope haze is quite clear, oh and DR atomics haze which isnt very hazy has a nice sort of clear high as well, hope that helped

thanks man but i thought power plant (i was smoking a friend's about 6 weeks ago) was an indica? i'm sorry for my ignorance - will check it out. but i've got some durban x skunk freebies i might try to pop and ta for the spice bros info although the doc seems sold out at the mo. thanks again and great thread, u will be famous!

Status
Not open for further replies.