What's new

Newbie enquiries-100% Free Strain Advice y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.

amoril

some of these same breeders claim that ScrOG will be sufficient stress to cause their "otherwise stable and tested" genetics to intersex. now, thats rubbish, and IMO, that is equivalent to that breeder allowing a slam to come onto their practice. If plants cant handle that, they shouldnt be sold as stable. the fact that they are, and the breeder is MAKING THAT CLAIM should be sufficient warrant to justify someone's bashing of the stability.

If anyone were interested in me backing that claim up, go read through the GHS forum at the bottom of the main page. thread titled 'the church herms' pg 3, response from jack.gh

----------

fwiw, im totally with LIAS on the hermaphrodite issue. Im no expert, proclaimed by myself or anyone else, but ive done a fair amount of reading, and there is definately some merit to the argument that self-pollination of a dioecious plant significantly restricts the gene pool.

You dont need a degree in biology or genetics to make a few examples for yourself out of punnet squares. Its really easy to see that the genetic diversity, and as a result the hybrid vigor, are both hurt. Factor in the body of evidence showing that pre-disposition to stress and intersexing are hereditary, and that combined with a lack of genetic diversity is about enough to put the nail in the coffin of the herm issue, in my opinion.

btw, Id love to know what dioecious plants in nature are proven to survive as a result of their ability to intersex.

Status
Not open for further replies.