What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Tent.... New grow: Emerald Traingle Genetics

Mad Matt

Shhh i see you've mentioned that you like using silicone from previous experience, do you find theres a huge difference and if so could you identify the difference??

Thanks...

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Sup Matt, I wouldn't say the the difference when growing was huge. Stems are definitely stronger and flop over later than without it, but more importantly from my experience the smoke of the weed was smoother using it. On the runs I used it I also used B'cuzz bloom stim so I can't 100% attribute the effects to silicone. I do know that B'cuzz has stuff that sounds like molasses and kelp + vitamins in it, none of which are know to have an effect on the smoothness of how the weed should burn.

Hope that helps a bit, nothing solid and this run I'm gonna use the same B'cuzz stims so will be hard to make an observation. Might try a side by side with clones to see if I can notice and growth related traits in the first couple weeks of veg

H

Husky.Rex

Sup Rex, those airpots are 6L's, for the size that these plants are I think I could've gone with 3.5L's and watered more frequently. I'm setting my blumats back up now the roots have filled these 6L's. I've tucked a couple of the troublesome fan leaves but any more out of them n I'll be chopping them of for sure.

CH9 the beats aye :joint: sounds like the nelly I'm smoking right now, effects wise... I didn't think a 'cheese' could be this strong :D Definitely not a daytime smoke!

How you gettin on with the fan leaves?

I remember back in 98/99 (those years are hazy :biggrin:) when we first encountered "the Cheese". I was living on the south coast and a very good friend of mine who owned a hydro shop had a customer come in one day with this amazing weed, I'm mean back then we all knew it by the name of hemlock. It wasn't until about 5 years later we found out that its real name was Cheese. The cut of Cheese this guy had was unbelievable, taste, smell and potency second to none. I would give my right arm to get that baby back : ( I had one mother that was given to a friend for safe keeping but got neglected and died.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
When I was first introduced to cheese the dude was calling it 'Toxic' lol. Good name retrospectively :D

I been trying a lil experiment with these fan leaves... after chopping a couple off, I tried supercropping them lol... Seems to work very well to be honest and the plants do not miss a beat.... makes the fan leaf stem point down hence fan leaf will also be orientated downward, doing it's thing out of the way of the shoots most importantly.

2 of the seedlings have not reacted as well as their siblings to being tied down. I think they'll do alright as they still have fair bit of stretching to go, but these airpots I find limit stretch profoundly! The tallest plant is just over 1' high although they're busy as feck and have at least 14 more days of stretch to go.

H

Husky.Rex

When I was first introduced to cheese the dude was calling it 'Toxic' lol. Good name retrospectively :D

I been trying a lil experiment with these fan leaves... after chopping a couple off, I tried supercropping them lol... Seems to work very well to be honest and the plants do not miss a beat.... makes the fan leaf stem point down hence fan leaf will also be orientated downward, doing it's thing out of the way of the shoots most importantly.

2 of the seedlings have not reacted as well as their siblings to being tied down. I think they'll do alright as they still have fair bit of stretching to go, but these airpots I find limit stretch profoundly! The tallest plant is just over 1' high although they're busy as feck and have at least 14 more days of stretch to go.

Toxic lol

Sounds like a good little technique you got going there with the fan leaves.

Those airpots are sounding more and more appealing, especially if stretch is limited. Gonna see if I can get a deal on 30 of them :biggrin:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Sup guys as there's not much to see whilst they stretch I've not been taking any pics, but had a look at the last set and they've done a decent bit of growing since then.

The tied down seedling are look decent for such a short veg (3 weeks), they will have some nice heads on them if they continue to stretch @ this speed, hope for another 2 weeks roughly before they quit.

The clones are now about 16" with loads of heads! About 8 each plant roughly around the same height.

Feed is EC1.8 (inc 0.5 background) pH is 5.8, but will drift up to 6.2 over a few days... Fine by me. I think a couple QoD's are MG hungry seems they got a cal or mag def. Gonna hit them all with a foliar of epsom salts and maxicrop tommorow to see if that helps out, failing that I'll get canna's mono nutes. They're still on the same combination of food, I'll switch the B'cuzz coco stim for b'cuzz bloom stim when the buds show and add some CX headmasta as well

Seedlings just had a maxicrop shower and a lil neck breaking before pics so looking a lil sad.

Seedlings:

(Blueberry headband far right and one more- middle row @ top, rest are Lost Coast OG)

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Cheers bro :)

I forgot to mention the small 1L pot that you can see at the right of the tent is the Sour D riri cut, gonna take her out and put under the floro's tomorrow as she will get crowded out plus she's gonna be a mom now ;)

peace

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
So I got a few more pics albeit under the glow of the HPS again. Still you can see that they are doing pretty well now.

I'm going to have to defoliate the clones a bit and also trim up the lower stuff asap as they are starting to flower now. While the seedlings aren't just yet. That's good news anyway cause they're only a bit over a foot now and 2' would be a good height for the to end up... Seems reasonable they should stretch for at least another 10 days.

Food is the same as before, EC 1.85 and pH 6.0 had a couple pots dry up because blumats feed pipe was getting stretched.. have sorted that now and they had a good flush before blumats go back in those 2 tomorrow.

Still havent' taken the riri out, lol... I was gonna pot her up and let her crack on as she is doing very well in the wee 1L pot but I also see a few cuttings on her I could use for the next run, lol. So I'll def be taking her out today.

Anywayz.... Pics ftw!

~Queen of Diamonds clones~

Last edited:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Think I'll be LST'ing a lot more in the future, these seedlings have responded pretty well I think, especially considering they're short veg time.

~Blueberry Headband & Lost Coast OG 12 days~

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Thanks for stopping by lads, was getting a lil well :tumbleweed: in here lol.

Appreciate the comments :tiphat:

I forgot to add that the plants are on EC 1.8 (0.5 being tap waters EC) pH is 5.8 - 6.2 and the blumats are drippin away :D The way they're looking now, I don't know if I'll increase that throughout the grow.

Should add , started using the plant magic coco bloom nutes now, so far so good...

Last edited: