What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Tent.... New grow: Emerald Traingle Genetics

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Excellent Thread! Glad to have bumped into this one. Thank you for spending the time to bring this to us.

Best of Luck!

-AK

Mad Matt

Stunning pictures mate...

Im chopping the odd leaf too without any problems, i tried a dual harvest a number of years ago but it didn't seem to add much and it was a little awkward when we had new plants waiting to go in... But it may work for you mate, worth a shot....

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Cheers boys,

the seedlings are coming along a bit now and starting exhibit a lil thc and smell nothing overwhelming yet, that will come though I hope. I think I've mislabeled the bbhb and lost coast og what I think is lco is actually bbhb and visa versa, stoners ay?!? :joint: lol!

I've also bumped the EC upto 2.0 and kept pH as close to 6 as possible cause a few lower leaves have gone yellow and dropped off. The still look happy and are bulking up slowly but surely. QoD's are a nice strain, it's hard to see which ones out of the 6 I should drop :D I've been smoking the last few bits to try and make a decision on it but I think I'll reserve judgement till these lot are chopped.

The monster - bbhb is still trying to dominate the back of the tent, she's shadowed out her sister which promised to be some dank, yields from that side won't be great but I'm pretty sure the will be some dank all the same.

Should have some more pics on monday when I'll give them their first taste of PK 13/14... They're eating up some headmasta, silicone, plant magic coco a&b, b'cuzz coco stim and loving it :D

peace guys!

Mad Matt

Can't wait to see some more photos mate...

Do you add the silicone to every feed or will you flush without it at some point??
At what stage of flower will you add the pk and again will you add it to every feed??

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Hi matt,

I add PK to every feed but add it first then build the EC back up with A+B this way I never get any burn unless the plant is a very finicky bitch. The Silicone I add every feed but to be honest I would assume every other feed or 3 times a week should do the trick but don't quote me on that! :-D

I add PK at week 5 with anything that finishes under 10 weeks and 6 at anything that finishes over 10. Usually at 1.5ml per L as per instructions but 1ml perL for the finicky strains.

Here's a few pics albeit with lights on of the day of the triffids..... I meant lil shop of horrors.... I meant my tent :-D

Check out the support that the seedlings have put out for the branches :)

Lost coast OG & BBHB seedling doing their thang overgrowing anything in their path!

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
QoD's...

Have pulled a load of fan leafs of that were sticking up from beneath the canopy, those were the ones that were blocking the sites about 1/4 beneath the canopy off from light, seems to have helped loads and they have skipped a beat so on we go.

The tall BBHB that tried taking over then tent has a lil tip burn she seems like sh would perfom well on her own. I'm gonna cut a few of the plants at 8 weeks to give the bigger ones that finish later some time and space to plump up. Hopefully they'll be pretty much done in 9 weeks cause that's all they'll get :p

peace!

H

Husky.Rex

Looking gooooood

Very interested in that Blueberry Headband you've got running. I've got some of the normal Headband/Sour Kush on the go at the mo and would like to see the difference at the finish.

Good to see another success story with the removal of the fan leaves. I've been using the same techniques for at least 10 years (removal of the Fan leaves, cutting away lower growth etc) and have always seen/weighed the difference in the end product.

Doing a good job there shhh :tiphat:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Cheers Husky :)

One of the Blueberry Headband (the beast) is coming along very nicely now and exhibiting a mixture of sour and blueberry smells I really like it so far, I was considering giving it the chop a few weeks back because she had crowded out about 3 other plants, but I'm really pleased I didn't now as it's the type of plant I was looking for in the seeds I bought. Big stretch (means less veg yay! :D) and sour d/ chemmy traits. Also seems like it will yield really well in scrog buds are getting dense and are super greasy :joint:

This grow I have used really low nute strengths, not running above 1.2 throughout no PK13/14 although I've added headmasta a weak PK stim from week 3 bloom. I can't say that they look massive (buds that is) but there are many of them and they have been crowded out to be fair. They do however look really healthy, no nute defs or tip burn (apart from the beast she must be a super light feeder!) Food for thought this....I think next run I'll just stick to a Aptus root stim which looks excellent and give superb results (better than root excelurator from what I read) and is also very very concentrated.

Then I need a bloom booster that does exactly what it says on the tin with a lil added seaweed as this seems to be what most bloom boosters have alongside PK.... and some A&B or maybe I'll try Ionic coco nutes & see how that works out, Heath does very well with Ionic nites, they're 1 part and full spectrum so I'm lead to believe and super cheap! But also quite weak lol. Saves money if yield and quality are the same and also saves pissing about mixing up a ton of nutes, lol!

I've stuck em on Ripen which they will get for 10-14 days and then 4 days - week of water depending on how things are.... Have family coming in from abroad so may have to chop a week earlier than I planned (week 8 bloom) to have some herbs and time to share with them :)

peace

H

Husky.Rex

Sounds like you got things on lockdown bro, I'm sure everything will turn out sweet fella as there looking the creme already. Sometimes our favourite plant can be quite deceptive. The buds on my last run with the cocoa butter kush wasn't all that big but were super dense and still managed to pull 6 half oz.

Ionic is as old as the hills:biggrin: I remember my mate used to sell it in his hydro warehouse but never used it. Years ago I did have a run with the 2 of GH products 1 being ripen and the other was diamond nector (fulvic acid) and if I'm being honest I didn't rate it much. I was using nft at the time and just switched back to good old canna and liquid gold fulvic.

Not to sure if you remember one of our last chats but I decided to go with the deuce deuce on this run.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Yeah I remember the deuce deuce now, we were discussing low P for bloom iirc...

That's the shit I want in my nute arsenal cheers for reminding me rex :tiphat: have you started to use it yet?

The buds on these plants are dense for sure and have a couple weeks at least before getting the axe so I am hoping they are gonna fill out nicely. Yield still looks like it should be decent all the same.

My local has some Humboldt nutes coming in so I'll pick that deuce deuce up and see how I get on.

H

Husky.Rex

Yeah I remember the deuce deuce now, we were discussing low P for bloom iirc...

That's the shit I want in my nute arsenal cheers for reminding me rex :tiphat: have you started to use it yet?

The buds on these plants are dense for sure and have a couple weeks at least before getting the axe so I am hoping they are gonna fill out nicely. Yield still looks like it should be decent all the same.

My local has some Humboldt nutes coming in so I'll pick that deuce deuce up and see how I get on.

No worry's dude :)

Not yet mate still using OT grow as I only flipped the lights on Thursday. One things for sure tho its super concentrated like the rest of there range, max recommended dose is 0.76 per Ltr. I'm gonna take your advice on the bio boost and incorporate it in my foliar schedule along with the Flavourful.

They will fill out nicely mate for sure

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Thanks Rex & killerweed31 :)

Rex I hope they do plump up nicely mate!

I gotta get a few pics of the seedlings without lights on, they are now fattening up nicely considering they only had 3 weeks to veg and started to bloom later than the clones.

The beast in particular has started to chunk the fook up! I hope the cuts root without issues as I think I'll be making space for a few new mothers.

So far so good on the emerald triangle strains, couple look like winners for sure! And it was only 2 x 3packs of pips, my mate had stellar results with their super sour OG from a 3pack also so it seems they're consistent to.

H

Husky.Rex

Thanks Rex & killerweed31 :)

Rex I hope they do plump up nicely mate!

I gotta get a few pics of the seedlings without lights on, they are now fattening up nicely considering they only had 3 weeks to veg and started to bloom later than the clones.

The beast in particular has started to chunk the fook up! I hope the cuts root without issues as I think I'll be making space for a few new mothers.

So far so good on the emerald triangle strains, couple look like winners for sure! And it was only 2 x 3packs of pips, my mate had stellar results with their super sour OG from a 3pack also so it seems they're consistent to.

I was gonna go with something from ET but I had already taken the plunge and bought few seeds for this run.

Next run however will be new strains again and will defo be running something from ET. Probably the Blueberry headband and 4 others, the rest will be from Cali Connection.

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Sup guys, exscuse the lack of updates been a little busy with life :D

Gotta say I'm a little disappointed @ how the clones have filled in, not quite sure if it was the bit of stress they had before coming into the tent or what?? Still they're doing far from bad and smell immense, a lot stronger than the run from seed.

Onto the Emerald Triangle stuff, well got damn! These motherfuckers right here are some good ass genetics. There are 2 stonking yielders of some dank looking and smelling bud. Then 2 medium yielders of also good looking dank bud, and then 2 smaller yiedlers of what smells heavily bubba influenced. I'm pretty sure I've mixed the seeds up though as when I've looked at a few other lost coast OG grows they've looked like ones I've have labelled BBHB, don't think it's as easy as those labelled lco are bbhb and visa versa though. Doesn't matter really as I've taken clones of all of the, albeit from 4 weeks into bloom so they'll need to reveg.

I'd urge anybody interested in these ET genetics to give them shot, I'm going to buy another 2 x packs of 3 beans from each strain and put them down in case I loose the clones or they don't root etc, want them to be from the same 'line' these seeds I've grown out came from and not something else down the line. The price is right and genetics spot on so far. Proof will of course be in the pudding, but colour me very impressed thus far.

Biggs the seedlings were fems.

I will definitely get some pics before they're chopped in a week, def could have done with going 9-10 weeks but don't have the time unfortunately.

Rex do yourself a favour and get a couple 3 packs of these beans I assure you if they smoke anything like they look and smell I'll be a happy chappy :)

H

Husky.Rex

Sup guys, exscuse the lack of updates been a little busy with life :D

Gotta say I'm a little disappointed @ how the clones have filled in, not quite sure if it was the bit of stress they had before coming into the tent or what?? Still they're doing far from bad and smell immense, a lot stronger than the run from seed.

Onto the Emerald Triangle stuff, well got damn! These motherfuckers right here are some good ass genetics. There are 2 stonking yielders of some dank looking and smelling bud. Then 2 medium yielders of also good looking dank bud, and then 2 smaller yiedlers of what smells heavily bubba influenced. I'm pretty sure I've mixed the seeds up though as when I've looked at a few other lost coast OG grows they've looked like ones I've have labelled BBHB, don't think it's as easy as those labelled lco are bbhb and visa versa though. Doesn't matter really as I've taken clones of all of the, albeit from 4 weeks into bloom so they'll need to reveg.

I'd urge anybody interested in these ET genetics to give them shot, I'm going to buy another 2 x packs of 3 beans from each strain and put them down in case I loose the clones or they don't root etc, want them to be from the same 'line' these seeds I've grown out came from and not something else down the line. The price is right and genetics spot on so far. Proof will of course be in the pudding, but colour me very impressed thus far.

Biggs the seedlings were fems.

I will definitely get some pics before they're chopped in a week, def could have done with going 9-10 weeks but don't have the time unfortunately.

Rex do yourself a favour and get a couple 3 packs of these beans I assure you if they smoke anything like they look and smell I'll be a happy chappy :)

Don't worry about the clones bro sounds like there gonna be a killer smoke.

As I've now been gifted with so much space I'm planning on buying regular seeds and doing the pheno hunt and maybe a little bit of strain cooking :biggrin:

My ET list so far is Blueberry Headband, Sour Lemon OG & Lemon Diesel. Then the rest will be made up from Underground Originals, TGA, Hortilab, Connoisseur Genetics & Cali Connection :biggrin:

~Shhh~

JETS
Veteran
Sup Rex cheers for the positive outlook :-D They do smell lush, I won't front! Have switched from Ripen to plain water now for the last week...

Sounds like a plan about strain hunting, it's a lot of fun. I don't think I could ever run just 1 plant... I'd get bored after a while smoking the same stuff. Look forward to what your strain cooking brings forth mate ;-)

Good choice on the ET strains the bbhb looks like it has some fire in it for sure, the LCO has a couple that interesting to say the least. Super lemon was just simply dank when my friend ran it. Blueberry exhale with sour on the intake, spot on. Some of my favourite stuff right thurrr.

Connoisseur and Cali connection have some fire strains nearly went with cali connects Julius Caesar and Deadhead OG and SFV OG were on my radar.

Got a few pics but my battery was dying so not the best shots before it powered down.

Check em out... Week 7 bloom, Just switched from GH Ripen to pH'd water (pH'd to 6) for the last week. A couple of the seedlings could go 2+ weeks longer I think, but needs must n all that, lol :-D I'll be harvesting on Sunday/Monday making it 8 weeks bloom.

So here they are Seedlings up first....

The beast! Pics do her no justice....

Another beast! Not so big n unruly but a large lass all the same