What's new

New seed stock prices thru the roof!!

dopeshow

Fugg the hype, Fugg the expensive bullshit.

It's annoying when you consider what it costs to produce seeds...and somehow you end up getting charged over $5 a SEED!!! 1 measly ass seed, for $5 ?? That's stupid as all hell. The ONLY time I've paid more than $5 a seed was for DJ Short's gear and I was pleased with that. DJ Short is on another level than 98% of the breeders just by the sheer amount of effort he put into it. Can't say the same for the effort of most breeders. Today's business model revolves around chucking this big name onto this big name as quick as you can to turn a profit, forget the progeny testing, forget the backing up of potential parents in clone form, forget dominant or recessive traits, forget compatibility, if the name is the "it" thing and what your crossing it to is the "it" thing, people buy it. And I hate it so much that people blow their money on that garbage without any working knowledge of genetics or Mendel. Not to mention does anyone realize just HOW MANY seeds come from 1 fully pollinated plant? If you pollinate say just 3 female clones with one male does anyone actually realize howw mannnyyyy seeds that is? But somehow there isn't enough stock from "breeders" to sell for one week? ANNDDD you had to pay $100 just for 10, (which isn't even a decent representation of a seed population but that's another tirade for another time)

And it sucks even more when you realize you're being Middle-Manned. Seedboutique is just the dude in the middle marking it up to make a buck like the mid-level twits on the street selling you $50 an 1/8th headies. SB must be falling on hard times or something... with not enough stock they have to make money somehow...

I've always had a dream of moving out of the U.S. and starting a bank of my own... $20 for 10 seeds all day long I don't give a flying fugg what the strain is and I would sell them myself... and thank god there are people out there doing basically just that, you just can't get it here from a middle man...

At SB You can either a) stfu and buy it anyway, b) believe that they're worth it and buy it or c) look elsehwere ... good luck out there

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Hahaha yo confused, I did a few distributions a while ago figguring germ rates/seeds per pack/90%+ of packs... I was lovin it, I relearned a whole class in a night of smoking and posting :D

C99, just lemmie know when you don't agree :D

Guys, the other hazes from MrN are quite reasonable. I didn't check SB, but I have seen the AF/Hz and eq x hz and the new af/hz hybrids for under 80/pack (of 18 = $4.44/seed). If I were buying seeds, and it were tight, I'd look at those, or a dreamtime pack or 2.

33 Degrees

Make f2's out of what you like. Make your own crosses. Buy off of seedbay's 4/20 Seed Auction Fundraiser! Support it. It is a members auction forum. You see all these great grows and flower pics on IC and wish "Man I wish I could get some of those seeds." There are some really great genetics there and it helps to support this site. Most of the prices are right too.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Money isn't worth what it was last year due to inflation... the price on genetics from professional seed outlets went up to cover costs. some breeders have also been forced to retire from breeding.

Make f2's out of what you like. Make your own crosses. Buy off of seedbay's 4/20 Seed Auction Fundraiser! Support it. It is a members auction forum. You see all these great grows and flower pics on IC and wish "Man I wish I could get some of those seeds." There are some really great genetics there and it helps to support this site. Most of the prices are right too.

I n I agree with this post... there is a wide range of genetics and prices at seedbay right now... prices in private breeders have gone down,, not up.

peace n love

K

kittykronic

i just bought early queen 35.00 ,afghan haze x afghan skunk 55.00 and mango haze 85.00.
all for 175.00..56 seeds 3 varieties..i hardly think that was too pricey..point is their are many choices from MNS that fit your budget..

H

Hazeseeker

your gonna love the Afghan Haze x Afghan Skunk KittyKronic:yes:, i've got another pack of these as well, as soon as i've got available space in the grow room i'm gonna go on the search for 2 of the 3 pheno's i last found

- tropical fruit juice aroma, red striped stalks in late flower, resin on stalks, stacked calyxs spear shaped

- dead meat smell, skunk, astringent, heavy afghan, big producer, stinks strong as hell, great bag appeal, chocolate aftertaste from the Afghan Haze side

peace

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Most beans are bought in euro's.....and over the last year or so we have seen the euro strengthen against the $ and the British pound quite a bit.....that is why maybe you see some price increases.....

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
If only seed breeders were based in zimbabwe, we could buy everything for a dollar lol.

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
we the people, we the growers could set seed prices. dont buy any seed for 6 months to a year. i bet seed prices come way down.

i just cant understand why we the people cant control our politicians, and corporate rats. auto prices are through the freakin roof, if the people could unite we could crush those MFs. dont buy a effin car for a few years.

but NOOoooo, always some MFer has to have the latest and greatest, then the jones's have to have the effin same.

stupid humans

CBF

ClearBarbedFunk

lost in the Haze
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Aw, time for a new car, again? ;)
Maybe I should order some of those $300,- a pack seeds they sure look nice in my fridge alongside the other 92 packs.
New car in the driveway, new seeds in the fridge. Life is good...

LMAO, hehe, goddamn jones's, thanks for that:D

CBF

JazzJazz

When I started this thread my cnd $ was worth .78 and it's dropped to .75 on the dollar already. Yes i can agree that the world economy plays alittle into seeds prices but it's the frenzy and demand we create ourselfs for certain genetics that cause some people to think "Hey, if they want it and like it that bad, then let's see how much they'll pay for it mentality". Yes that's business...but look what that mentality got the world economy in.
I would like to see the new stock prices come down to a more reasonable level so that we all can enjoy top notch genetics at a more reasonable price and start putting in more seeds in the packets. I know this is a pipe dream , but i see a trend with seed prices and as one poster put it..." it's only going to keep going up too "

Peace,
Jazz

cocktail frank

Ubiquitous
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
it's all part of the weed game.
what is say $10-15/bean in the long run anyway?
if you find a keeper in that pack, u can keep her forever.
not to mention making f2's (like nirvana does) and have seeds forever.
its just a minor investment really.
remember folks, scared money doesn't make money.
no risk, no reward, blah blah blah.
im sure 90% of us dont even flinch when u have to drop a couple hundred at the hydro shop, why flinch now?

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Have the prices gone through the roof? Does anybody remark back at how much the old nl5/hz seeds cost, or do they remember the buds/plants.
From 1990. A compact Chevy pickup stripped out was ~8g's. A 3 bedroom in E.Hanover was ~140k. A gallon of gas was 87cents, minimum wage was in the 4's. Seeds were still $10/per.
TSB1990page31.jpg

EDIT - You can get the AF/Hz for cheaper than that (almost 1/2, 68 euros for 18 seeds...), and thanks to the internet, and the competition it allows for between seed banks, MOST places give you free seeds with your order.

I

Iron_Lion

Have the prices gone through the roof? Does any remark back at how much the old nl5/hz seeds cost, or do they remember the buds/plants.
From 1990. A compact Chevy pickup stripped out was ~8g's. A 3 bedroom in E.Hanover was ~140k. A gallon of gas was 87cents, minimum wage was in the 4's. Seeds were still $10/per.
TSB1990page31.jpg

Good post, I've only been growing a few years, it's nice to know high prices been the thing for many years. I look at it this way, I like to smoke premium weed, it would cost me 400$+ per zip if I had to buy it, suddenly $140 for pack of seeds doesnt seem so bad. The only thing I try to do is to research strains very well before I make an investment.

robbiedublu

Basic supply and demand. In my city of about 500,000 people there used to be 4 or 5 stores selling growing equipment and supplies. Now there are probably 30 or 40, maybe more. Seems like one every few blocks. A lot more people growing = a higher demand for seeds. They still seem relatively cheap to me. I can make 3k easily off of one grow (one 600w light). A few times doing that and I can buy all the seeds I want or as stated before, 1 seeded grow = a lifetime of seeds, as long as I don't want new genetics.