What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New seed stock prices thru the roof!!

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im guessing SSH x Chem is gona be a big thing:)

nextbigthing.jpg

Ricks life`s story....

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:laughing: Bahahahahahaha your a classic rick that new SSSH sounds like the BOMB!!!!:laughing:

By REZDOG: Fyi,only sightly more than 60% of all closed auctions actually get paid for,the rest are re-listed over & over,until sold.

I'm proud to say that I'm in the 60+% that's paid for every item bought, bid on and won. :smoker:

Please peeps! Don't bid on or buy shit that you can't or have no intention of paying for! :whip: It screws over the 60+% of us who DO pay! :rant:

christen23

Well if I were you rez what you OUGHT TO DO is get into partnership with someone who wants to run a seedbank and sell your genitics only... (cough cough, me lol) Then you would be able to get retail for your seeds and be able to "reserve" seeds for your valued coustomers. I think it was in this thread you said you get WAY less for your seeds than they sell for?? But then you would be able to make more money and get the seeds to the people who will actually pay and really want your seeds... I understand you dont want to end up in marc emerys position and shit but its just an idea...

N707

I cannot believe people are still spewing rhetoric about the pricing structure of seeds. So I figure wtf, why not spew my own....lol.
Be fucking thankfull you can get $200 (minimum) worth of primo pot for like $20/per with viable beans!! And that would be at the tip top of the pricing structure.
Well, I guess I cannot command thankfullnes.....or rational thought for that matter. :nanana:
In all seriousness, the math is there for those with the perspective to take it in, or at least those capable of it.

Price is of course relevant, it has to be in order for the whole concept of market value to continue to flow. When I consider the value of a seed I'm sure I go about it like many others in terms of looking at the potential of what "could be" either this harvest or afew down the road. That is where the price holds its relevance to me, not in what the price of the seeds afew clicks away are.
Look at all other markets in the world, lets say for example golf clubs. Some go for $30, some go for $3k. Thats a huge fucking variance in price, yet the actual performance of them dosnt vary enough to even remotley justify the differential....or does it?
To me, hell no. To Woods, more so. Yet I myslef could whack a ball damn near as far (give or take some yardage) with either one and put it where I want it to go for the most part.

BUT.....we arent talking about something you just buy and then use to the same end over and over, we are talking about something that has the potential to produce countless copies of itself, something that may spit out that freakishly dank plant every now and then, something that can produce relativley huge quantities of product (relativley speaking) down range. That in itself is worth more than enough if you ask me. Let alone the fun of growing them out and experimenting.

I'm sure many donot see it that way (as noted previously...lol) but hey, everyone is entitled to thier opinions...right?

That said I personally would relate my limit to what I would spend to what I put into the money that Im putting out to get some good beans, if that makes sense......lol.
I make good money, but some donot. In others cases, lets say a third world region, $20 may put food on the table for the month or pay for some life saving meds, ect. In those extreme cases where people cannot afford expensive beans.....then why the hell does it matter? They arent going to buy some super dank elite ibl, or a lighter even for that matter. Its all to do with what you see in them and what folks are willing to pay.
All philosphical BS aside, how can someone bitch about the pricing when you look at the value of the end result of even a low yielding, mediocre plant?
Again as the mighty and wise Dalton says "Opinions vary"......:tongue:

Last edited:

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
i also think theres something to say when you pop a whole pack of $150-300 seeds and not find at least one worth keeping. i love this rhetoric of " oh well that one seed can grow 20,000 pounds of herb,,, WHO WOULDNT PAY $20 for 20,000 pounds of weed!?"" if that is your thought process,, KILL YOURSELF. that is all....:nanana:

ps::tiger woods got his ass beat yesterday

johnyhash

Cannabis Connoisseur
ICMag Donor
Hey REZ I was wondering is seedboutique going to restock some of your varieties? is sour diesel ibl and chemdog dd still in production?

Mister Postman

The Plant Pervert
Veteran
So,you're saying I should donate beans to third world countries? :D

Yeah Rez. Good idea:smile: LOL you can start with your hometown USA..

Shits getting bad all over... In a few years we'll all be disgruntled about all those trucks loaded with rice we helped move from china on through Africa LOL:wallbash: That old Christian dude with the santa like white beard will be standing on what once was Wall street holding our pathetic lookin kids, and asking others to help feed our hungry... Alright alight bad joke, bad joke... But really fuck rice, we'll just eat on each other instead....

------
Seed prices aren't all that surprising. Look what your getting, and look what ur growing folks.. It's marijuana, which is still very much outlawed by I'd say more then 85% of the world.. It's a huge cash crop.... At least in my area of the world. Even if the genetics are medicore the end results will always surpass the intial expense of the seeds+electricity and everything else.. Good homegrown is almost unobtainable here... Even something like nirvana NL or skunk1 grown right would earn ya more here ounce for ounce, then you'd earn living in Cali growing the best genetics marijuna has to offer.. Only thing really holding us back is the US customs. Hehe I'll be pulling crops untill it's legel:wink:

REZDOG

Veteran
The final,small release of Sour Diesel/Chemdog drops in a few weeks.
Sour D IBL is out of stock and in production now.

....Pot's illegal in 99.999% of the world-85% would be a dream. :smile:

C

Cerb

I've not been able to get my hands on any of the Rez line, but I'd be more than willing to pay $200 for SSCH just based on good word alone. Good reviews go a long way.

shifty

:2cents:

I'm not here to balk about the price of seeds. The reason why I don't pay that much yet is that I feel that I don't have my grow skills quite down yet. It's one thing to mess up a nirvana grow due to due to inexperience and lose $20-$25 bucks versus than to bolo a grow while paying for premium seed.

Then again if you think about the following costs:

1. Cost of nutrients
2. Cost of power for lights
3. Cost for growing supplies
4. Cost of bulbs
5. Cost of water
6. Time spent maintaining grow
7. Odor control
8. Pest control

After all of these factors, and more that I'm sure I've missed, depending on your scale, $200 bucks doesn't seem too bad...

N707

So,you're saying I should donate beans to third world countries? :D

Absolutley, just make sure you go through me for contracting the distribution forces.....:nanana:

I kid, I kid.

Omg, I throw up everytime I hear a hard times USA speel....lol. Its rough, sure. Unfortunatley the cliche holds true on all levels in times like these, only the strong survive. Of course by strong I mean having a bit of brains and some initiative....lol.

naturedude

I think the price increases are probaly due to the harsh war on drugs and recently seeds in the last few years . It's harder to get away with now and days with the well funded cops on there medicine confiscating parades . Some outdoor breeders also face the well funded and knowledgeable theives who will steal anyones work if they can locate it . Or at least I hope that's the reason and not just non respect for the medicinal community(keep the medicine cheap). As for seeds not germinating for some people I would recomend sterilizing with peroxide and water mix always before germinating . I had 3 packs of 10 with only 1 work . 3 months later I sterilized them and had 100% success . Another thing it could have been is seeds were to fresh and sent out a touch to early .