What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New seed stock prices thru the roof!!

REZDOG

Veteran
"Elephant" Bud
:D ROFLMAO!
:D
What kind of idiot....buys those unproven genetics?
On the say-so of that....absolutely pathetic,moronic description?
Well, "There's a sucker born every minute" certainly applies in that case.
(And ROF! It looks like some same-old big bud/NL hybrid....LMAO!!)
Onward....
Look at what Barletta says,and this thread is seriously a moot point.
I don't hear any complaints from people concerning the value in the genetics that I breed,or breed with. I do hear from many many happy people,worldwide,who are more than happy with their investment(s)....

Cheers!

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
If weed was legal, we would be buying 25-30 seeds in a pack at Wal-Mart for $2-3.00. Chances are, knowing Wal-Mart, it would be some shitty generic Chinese bud, but it would be cheap. We have seen many threads on how expensive weed is in the Cali med clubs. This is not about Rez or Gypsy getting rich and charging too much. The very fact that it is illegal makes it expensive. If you want to blame anyone, blame the DEA and the U.S. government. On a decent plant, I can get about 1,000-1,500 viable seeds. If i sold them for $10 per seed, I could get a gross profit of $10,000 . I could also get several years in the federal pen. That is why I don't sell seeds.

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
For those of you without the patience or sativa to plow through my diatribe:
Was: $10/seed, no guarantee/cust support
Is: $9/seed, whith guarantee/cust support.
In between, the dollar value dropped 50%+...
Ball don't lie.

REZDOG

Veteran
Hmmmm....Factoid: MNS is the ONLY way to go,as far as Haze is concerned.
Shanti is extremely well-versed in Haze,and (seriously,no offense intended!)....Shanti's forgotten more about marijuana than Franco,Arjan's grow-room maintenance/seed production supervisor supervisor,will ever know. Recently,I was told that Shanti had been working a bit with Neville again,back along,but I believe they've parted ways,for now,and I have no idea what mischief they were up to-but the facts are,Shanti's got THE Haze going on.

H

Hazeseeker

Hmmmm....Factoid: MNS is the ONLY way to go,as far as Haze is concerned.
Shanti is extremely well-versed in Haze,and (seriously,no offense intended!)....Shanti's forgotten more about marijuana than Franco,Arjan's grow-room maintenance/seed production supervisor supervisor,will ever know. Recently,I was told that Shanti had been working a bit with Neville again,back along,but I believe they've parted ways,for now,and I have no idea what mischief they were up to-but the facts are,Shanti's got THE Haze going on.

yeah man:yes:, i said this as well earlier in the thread (think it was this thread anyway - smoking too much nev's haze to remember:canabis:), i wouldn't touch any of greenhouse's haze lines - SSH, Neville's Haze etc, Franco even said last year their sativa lines need work but he's prob deleted that post since then.
I'm gonna try the Chemdawg when it's released, i know alot of folk say not to bother but i need to try something from Greenhouse just to see for myself

same with the Jack Herer that's due to be released - i'm gonna try this as i know Sensi's Jack Herer pretty well, when i first started smoking the 'erb the only choice was Jack Herer cause that what my mate's dad's biker buddies smoked, only smoked Jack Herer nothing else:joint:, rolled in thin pins pure, insense for the nostrills, a nice strain to start the MJ love affair from a young age:canabis:.
the only thing i'm a bit suspect about it is Jack mentioned that Arjan has Jack Herer in his library since the early 90's IIRC:fsu:

peace

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
Rent - $1400/mo - (recurring)
Equip - $1000 (1 time, then $10/mo)
Power - $100/month (recurring)
Beans - $160 (1 time)
Time - $100-$150/week OR $400-$600/mo (recurring,7-10hrs/wk, $15/hr)
MrN SSH, selected from 6 girls - Priceless. :joint:
picture.php

picture.php

S7303772.JPG

25560S7303680.JPG

And all the f2's are free. This one was special.
25560S7303686.JPG

love?

ClearBarbedFunk said:
prices have never went down, due to grower bitchin

Well, hopefully some breeders won't see this thread only as "bitching" and instead will consider it as valuable customer feedback about their prices. If that has never happened in the past then I'm genuinely surprised.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hazeseeker,, they ALL did a clone share in the late 1990's just before everyone left Holland due to more restrictive growing laws. If you put genetics in, then you could take genetics out again. Like an insurance policy. This is why most major seed banks in NL still have access to the same base of genetic stock.

Hope this helps

RasJay727

Good day,all.
I know that top shelf herb goes for +$600USD in some areas in the states,including Cali,so a hundred or two hundred bucks versus the return doesn't leave anybody proficient with a grow light and with a calculator any room to complain about seed prices. Even only growing to smoke,as I'm sure we all do,makes great seeds a steal,whatever the initial investment.
Seeds are an investment-the cornerstone of your whole project,and should be treated as such.
(You can pay a shitty guide to pack your parachute,or you can pay a pro. Your choice,your jump.)
In my book,if people want to complain about seed prices,then they should do it themselves,and see how it turns out for them,or buy "cheap" seeds and live with the results,hopefully favorable.
More,later,I'm sure.

Cheers!

Very true...shit some well grown fluro buds can get you top dollar with the right clientel, lol. A mother plant can last years on top of years, not to mention the fact you can man a shitload of f2s for yourself with ease. At the end of the day you pay for what u get. I really dont see the big deal.

christen23

In a way I understand the Bitch about the cost but at the same time I am scatching my head saying I can sell a Quater ounce of white russian for $140 ALL DAY LONG and a ten pack of seeds to grow that weed costed me 87.84+ 20 guarenteed shipping.. umm.... pretty much seems like a no brainer to me... :bashhead: and not to metnion I have a mother to pull colnes off of and re-produce that same plant that i can pop quads off for 140.. as far as that elephant bud goes... no way in hell... but I am for sure getting rez's new seeds when they come out no matter what the cost and i would have paid WAY more than 10$ a bean for the grapevine seeds i missed. I have no problem spending 150 a pack for QUALITY beens that i am going to keep a mother in my stock for a lifetime.. I collect marijuana seeds like i collect watches.. i have no problem spending 2200+ for my movoado or 5000+ for my rolex.. so i guess i have no problem spending 150-200 for the thing that got me the money to buy my fancy things and soupport my lifestyle... Just my opinion....

killabrown420

In a way I understand the Bitch about the cost but at the same time I am scatching my head saying I can sell a Quater ounce of white russian for $140 ALL DAY LONG and a ten pack of seeds to grow that weed costed me 87.84+ 20 guarenteed shipping.. umm.... pretty much seems like a no brainer to me... :bashhead: and not to metnion I have a mother to pull colnes off of and re-produce that same plant that i can pop quads off for 140.. as far as that elephant bud goes... no way in hell... but I am for sure getting rez's new seeds when they come out no matter what the cost and i would have paid WAY more than 10$ a bean for the grapevine seeds i missed. I have no problem spending 150 a pack for QUALITY beens that i am going to keep a mother in my stock for a lifetime.. I collect marijuana seeds like i collect watches.. i have no problem spending 2200+ for my movoado or 5000+ for my rolex.. so i guess i have no problem spending 150-200 for the thing that got me the money to buy my fancy things and soupport my lifestyle... Just my opinion....

i feel another "BUSTED" thread in the works...

christen23

In your dreams.. i cant say you will never see a busted thread posted by me because that is bad karma but having your own business to run the money thru to make it clean and to have a ledigt front works wonders..... too bad you wouldnt know about that mr killer brown shwag.. :(

I think someones jelous!!! :biglaugh:

MobbDeep

In your dreams.. i cant say you will never see a busted thread posted by me because that is bad karma but having your own business to run the money thru to make it clean and to have a ledigt front works wonders..... too bad you wouldnt know about that mr killer brown shwag.. :(

I think someones jelous!!! :biglaugh:

True true..just be careful man..too many snitched nowadayz..and to be str8 up..having a legal front doesnt mean NOTHING..iof you sell to the wrong people..and cops find out..selling weed is selling weed..doesnt matter if ur a young thug like me living in the hood..or a rich old guy living in a masnion..selling is selling..you take the same chare..what makes the diffrence is knwoiong who to sell to..NEVER seel out of your house..NEVER let anyone know where you live..NEVER let them see your license plate..

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran

yeah im sure your doing huge work slanging quarter ounces:laughing:

REZDOG

Veteran
Lol!
Anyhow....
The "debate" over seed prices has raged across BBS' as long as there have been forums to gripe about it in.
At Overgrow: Check.
At Cee-dub: Check
Here: Check

Has it EVER made a difference?
Absolutely.
As a result of the long-winded complaining,kvetching,bitching,pissing & moaning,Reservoir has released many varieties over the years at extremely low prices.
Not.
Reservoir's bred inexpensive releases because I love a good value as much as anybody,and I realize that not everyone has mad bank to pop on beans.
Nirvana Seed Co. pwns the cheap-0 bean market,I want no part of it,but Exceptional Value Releases (EVRs) can only be great for business,even on a "boutique" scale such as Reservoir's.
In the future,expect more EVRs,here and there.

Cheers!

raygun

^^^^ Yeah I do'nt have a problem wiht seed prices being $150/pack as long as it gives me 3-4 ladies that I have to run a couple of times to decide which I want to keep. I do mind paying $150 for a pack that gives me 3-4 ladies that I could give a shit about and don't even find a keeper. If there are 1-2 keepers (as described above) in 10 seeds they should not be more than $100.
Those 3-4 don't have to be phenotype similar it could be some poly hybrid but give me 3-4 different killer ladies I'm happy.

I gota say for all the shit that Rez gets you never see DJ or Soma or Shanti releasing "EVR's" ever... you will pay over $100 for almost any pack of there seeds all day long for years now. gota give props to you man for distributing steller crosses and hybrids at very reasonalble prices.

Especially for some one who may just be getting started and does not want to blow over $100 on seeds the first time. That was me and I actually purchased some BOG Sour bubble BX1 for $50 and I believe your Petrol or Apollos Mist at the same time and I think they also were like $50 or $60 a pack. So right out the gate for me 2 packs Primo Genes just over $100 and 20-22 seeds. This was like 6 years ago. I still have F2's and all sorts of crosses made from these orignial purchases. Not to mention the YEARS OF THE BEST WEED ANY ONE I KNEW HAD! You can not put a price on that!

Total elecrical/utility costs per month for my grow about $100-$150/mo
Nutes maybe $5/mo use
Total monthly cost for me to grow my own herb $105-$155/mo

one time seed fee $100-$200

VS.

Buying OZ at a time = $250-$340 every 3-4 weeks to support me and my ladies hobby if I was not growing.

I'll take the one time seed fee and monthly growing expenses over the cost of purchasing herb from the streets that I have no clue the quality from purchase to purchase.

Stop bitching about seed prices and, do your research before you buy if you are that worried about cost vs. product quality and don't buy a sack of weed just once and put that $ towards your seed. If you got an extra $40-$60 for an 8th you got an extra $40-$60 to put towards that $150 pack of seeds and never look back.

Safe growing
~raygun~

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
I gota say for all the shit that Rez gets you never see DJ or Soma or Shanti releasing "EVR's" ever... you will pay over $100 for almost any pack of there seeds all day long for years now. gota give props to you man for distributing steller crosses and hybrids at very reasonalble prices.
Google - Unit pricing. A pack of 10 seeds for $80 is more expensive than a pack of 18 for $100.

Latest posts

Latest posts