What's new

New Organic Nutrients from General Hydroponics

Numboard

Bump,
Cmon where is everybody?
I am having lots of foaming issues with bio thrive grow. Theres about a 1 inch thick layer of white/brown ish foam just covering the top, you cant even see the water. Is there anything i can add to counteract this? I read somewhere that a couple drops of dish soap will help this somewhere, idunno where but it made it way worse. I re filled the bucket added 1 oz of bio thrive grow. Still foam.
Also wondering if its okay to feed some seedlings a 260 ppm (water from tap is 160) mix of 2/4's bio weed 1/4th bio marine 1/4'th bio root. Im pretty new to nutrients in whole. I have some of the basics but still learnin.

Not sureon your foam probs sorry.I use soil... anyway I'm using the whole line including the diamond and. Fish.... I also have some soul synthetics big swell 2 5 3. Does anyone know if I can use this along with the whole line? It seems to just be sugars

Numboard

Okay so bio thrive grow and bio thrive bloom definitely have issues in dwc.
For the first two days they were fine but when i woke up on the third my whole room smelled like ass. Dumped it out and there was algae all on the inside of the buckets.
nasty. Bio weed however seems clean of algae. I terminated my experimenting after grow/bloom freaked out

Numboard

numboard, read post 131

The foam got way worse than what is previously pictured Almost overflowing out of the bucket. The stench was unbearable absolutely like rotting garbage. No thanks, im sticking with flora. If I weren't doing rdwc (http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=3551546#post3551546) and something like drip>waste or ebbflow I would consider using these.
Ill prolly use some of the additives but not the bio thrives

onegreenday

Veteran
good report turtle.

quote:The pH was pretty insane...but after reading up, I decided to trust GH and didn't adjust the pH.

my city water is well water & treated. I use chlorine & heavy metal filters & 150 ppm (good with cal/mag) about 6.8 ph

The General Organics seemed to mix up at a good range for feeding (around 6,0 ph)
so no need to adjust.

I used the whole line GO and the plants grew better I think than
when I used the Canna Terra line but the GO has more bottles of stuff....

Zealious

Thanks turtle.

Again this stuff is not for normal hydroponics. Th eonly thing that might work but hasnt been confirmed is using a lot of media like coco or peat based and a drain to waste either drip or hand water... Even then If you are using a resivoir that shit is goign to get rank fast.. the only thing I can think of is to not aerate and cover the resevoir make it completely light proof. That way it will be almost like it is out of the bottle and then drip feed the plants with this... or if u are going to aerate ur resiviour you probly need to add a sponge or rooter plug so that any microorganisims can attatch to it..

And you probly dont want to use a drip emitter.. maybe just a strait tube...

I dont know guys .. this stuff probly breaks down fast in a resivoir so you might want to use a small rez that u need to remix once a week or so...

Just some theories.

Chem&M

I know we've covered this, but I want everyone's current experience.

What's the deal with not PH'ing this stuff? I mean I've run it 2X, but I was adjusting the PH. Can I just mix it up like it says and not worry?

What's your experience? Mine ends up at about 5.2.

C

Carl Carlson

The foam got way worse than what is previously pictured Almost overflowing out of the bucket. The stench was unbearable absolutely like rotting garbage. No thanks, im sticking with flora. If I weren't doing rdwc (http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=3551546#post3551546) and something like drip>waste or ebbflow I would consider using these.
Ill prolly use some of the additives but not the bio thrives

haha wow. sounds like a pain in the ass and I can't blame you for switching.

MAD DAWG

What's the deal with not PH'ing this stuff? I mean I've run it 2X, but I was adjusting the PH. Can I just mix it up like it says and not worry?

Man I had this concern and didn't quite understand either. So I emailed them and this was the reply I got back:

Quote...When the General Organics are applied to a soil/soilless medium, they do not need to be pH'ed. This is because there are no mineral ingredients, which are reliant on pH for root absorption due to electrical conductivity. In an organic root zone, microbial activity is responsible for nutrient breakdown and uptake thereby making pH a neutral point. It is truly a paradigm shift for the classic hydroponic gardener, but after examination makes all the sense in the world. Do some reading on organic gardening and you will see how this is possible.

Have a great day!

Andy Troutman
Sales
General Hydroponics
(707) 824-9376
andy@genhydro.com

I then emailed asking if it was necessary to PH regular straight waterings in between feeding. I also asked about doubling the dosage rates. Here is the reply:

Qoute... When using the GO, you don't need to pH even your flush water, as the nutrients are not contingent on proper pH of the water for uptake. In organic gardening, your nutrients are being broken down by biological activity in the root zone. That is different than mineral based gardening, where Electrical Conductivity moderates nutrient uptake. That is why pH is important in the first place; without the proper pH mineral based nutrients cannot be absorbed due to the electrical charge held by the ions.

With that being said, proper soil pH is always important in soil gardening. Run off pH with the GO, not a big deal.

It is safe to 2X the CaMg+, BioThrives and BioRoot, if needed, but the BioBud is an enhancement product. The BioBud and BioWeed should always be applied at the label recommended rates.

Have a good day,

info@genhydro.com
tech@genhydro.com

Hope this helps man.

onegreenday

Veteran
where's the research

where's the research

I've read this before about Ph organic feeds but
I never see any independent research on this.

I'd like some links to solid University (non fert company)
research to back these claims.

are not organic ions charged as well?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Man I had this concern and didn't quite understand either. So I emailed them and this was the reply I got back:

Quote...When the General Organics are applied to a soil/soilless medium, they do not need to be pH'ed. This is because there are no mineral ingredients, which are reliant on pH for root absorption due to electrical conductivity. In an organic root zone, microbial activity is responsible for nutrient breakdown and uptake thereby making pH a neutral point. It is truly a paradigm shift for the classic hydroponic gardener, but after examination makes all the sense in the world. Do some reading on organic gardening and you will see how this is possible.

Have a great day!

Andy Troutman
Sales
General Hydroponics
(707) 824-9376
andy@genhydro.com

I then emailed asking if it was necessary to PH regular straight waterings in between feeding. I also asked about doubling the dosage rates. Here is the reply:

Qoute... When using the GO, you don't need to pH even your flush water, as the nutrients are not contingent on proper pH of the water for uptake. In organic gardening, your nutrients are being broken down by biological activity in the root zone. That is different than mineral based gardening, where Electrical Conductivity moderates nutrient uptake. That is why pH is important in the first place; without the proper pH mineral based nutrients cannot be absorbed due to the electrical charge held by the ions.

With that being said, proper soil pH is always important in soil gardening. Run off pH with the GO, not a big deal.

It is safe to 2X the CaMg+, BioThrives and BioRoot, if needed, but the BioBud is an enhancement product. The BioBud and BioWeed should always be applied at the label recommended rates.

Have a good day,

info@genhydro.com
tech@genhydro.com

Hope this helps man.

I was told the same things, I have to say that 2x strength will burn your plants but it could've been that I used the Bio Bud at 2x and that's what did it most likely. This line is pretty nice but I don't like not being able to get a fade dropping the N later in flower but I'm going to give it another try. I hope they come out with a good PK booster for the line and then it'd be the shit IMO. The no PH thing is really nice but you know using H&G or CES I never have to mess with it too much anyway.

MAD DAWG

I was told the same things, I have to say that 2x strength will burn your plants but it could've been that I used the Bio Bud at 2x and that's what did it most likely. This line is pretty nice but I don't like not being able to get a fade dropping the N later in flower but I'm going to give it another try. I hope they come out with a good PK booster for the line and then it'd be the shit IMO. The no PH thing is really nice but you know using H&G or CES I never have to mess with it too much anyway.

Yeah I doubled my Bio Bud too. Twice. I thought they meant you could double the Grow, Bloom, and Bio Bud. So I may have caused a little burn using it too.

Zealious

Im getting better results when I double up the grow and bloom... Its a bit weak and I was seeing defeciencies wwhen i was using reg dose everyother wattering.. Now I double up and feed almost every watering.. plants are happier..

No need to ph for me because my water is about 7ph straight and then when I add all the nutes it usualy goes down to 6.3- 6.5..

Ive done a lot of reading on organics and stuff and since this is not mineral based I agree that you dont need to ph it..

One important thing is to maintain a very active colony of micros... use a fullly organic medium.. make sure there is no minerals added...

Also make sure there is no chlorine or especialy chloromine in your water.

This will hurt your biolife and hurt your plant.

Im really starting to love this product... When you are using all organics you get to recycle your soil mix and it gets better with age!

Im a big fan of all natural TLO (true living organics) style of growing .. I highly suggest you guys check out http://www.skunkmagazine.com/indexmain.html and get a hold of the vol2 the best of The Rev.. He is def one of my fav growers that issue is full of good info about growing organicly..

MAD DAWG

Im getting better results when I double up the grow and bloom... Its a bit weak and I was seeing defeciencies wwhen i was using reg dose everyother wattering.. Now I double up and feed almost every watering.. plants are happier..

No need to ph for me because my water is about 7ph straight and then when I add all the nutes it usualy goes down to 6.3- 6.5..

Ive done a lot of reading on organics and stuff and since this is not mineral based I agree that you dont need to ph it..

One important thing is to maintain a very active colony of micros... use a fullly organic medium.. make sure there is no minerals added...

Also make sure there is no chlorine or especialy chloromine in your water.

This will hurt your biolife and hurt your plant.

Im really starting to love this product... When you are using all organics you get to recycle your soil mix and it gets better with age!

Im a big fan of all natural TLO (true living organics) style of growing .. I highly suggest you guys check out http://www.skunkmagazine.com/indexmain.html and get a hold of the vol2 the best of The Rev.. He is def one of my fav growers that issue is full of good info about growing organicly..

What kind of soil or mix are you using? I haven't tried using the nutes every watering. Maybe I will give that a try. See what happens. Or maybe every 2 out of 3 waterings.

Zendo

I use the bio grow/bloom with my compost teas in soil.

Never ph'ed it, never will. see results..

picture.php

Chem&M

I use the bio grow/bloom with my compost teas in soil.

Never ph'ed it, never will. see results..

picture.php

Thank you Zendo! I'm running a clusterfuck of 30 strains and 3 different nute lines right now. GO is kicking the shit out of CANNA and AN so far. Makes me wish I had devoted more than 2/3 my garden to GO. It's extremely affordable, even with adding a bloom booster.

Zendo

Thank you Zendo! I'm running a clusterfuck of 30 strains and 3 different nute lines right now. GO is kicking the shit out of CANNA and AN so far. Makes me wish I had devoted more than 2/3 my garden to GO. It's extremely affordable, even with adding a bloom booster.

I'm using it on 5 different strains right now, and working equal for all strains.

I got a bottle of each for free, and now I'm hooked.. I almost wish the bloom had a tad less nitrogen, like 1-4-4, or 0-4-4. My plants nearing harvest are still very green.

I'm about to start a journal on here using this stuff, as you really don't see any grows representing this line.

Latest posts

Latest posts