What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New L.E.D. Arrays & LowRyder2

dav zap

cellardweller

cellardweller

Hello dude. I spent many days in the cellar, too. Many days. Thank you for coming in. See you later.

PEACE & POT :rant:

SacredBreh

Mr. Celsius..... and all....

Mr. Celsius..... and all....

Agreed.... and thankful for the input. You see I am the bead and granola one to which I spoke. I wish we all would go that way but with a scientific perspective. Your post makes it clearer that you are one of such. :headbange

dav zap... thanks for the words man. Am a hippie at the core but you would never tell from real life. My education is in a more person oriented arm of the sciences than that of Mr. Celsius. I have had to adapt over to the arms. Actually, am a bit envious of Mr. Celsius' expertise and formal education in those areas.

This is why it is so exciting to share on these forums. (even if a bit testey at times) We each bring a sliver of the pie. Only here are we allowed to ruminate and digest it together.

Anyway back to the topic. I think that when the diodes have a broader dispersement of their light with increased power, without heat.... being inside the body of the plant so to speak would put the energy directly to the target, including the undersides of the leaves.

Peace

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
Sacred, thanks for the kind words. One of my alterer motives on this site is tangential spoutings of the way things ought to be. At this point I've studied cannabis and the techinques of growing it so much, I more spout advice then intake knowledge anymore... my point? It's nice to talk about something else :D

Sacred, I highly suggest you look at John Jeavons book, "How to Grow More Vegetables (and Fruits, Nuts, Berries, Grains, and Other Crops): Than You Ever Thought Possible on Less Land Than You Can Imagine" Long title heh, but great book. Heres his website, I've visited his farm before and its amazing what they do. http://www.growbiointensive.org/. Permaculture is wonderful because you can easily landscape your entire property with edibles that are beautiful as well. There are perennial cabbages, squashes and many other food crops that can permanently produce food.

dav, this site has an entire coco section in it. "Coco" is harvested coconut husks that are either the pith or fiber of the coconut husk. Often, it is aged for a year or two and then process, bricked and shipped to its destination from the south pacific. Sri Lanka is a big coco producer.

One of the large advantages of coco is the colloidal properties, CEC (cation exchange capacity). Its basically impossible to overwater and has naturally occur Trichoderma (fungi that protect your plants roots). It has a natural ph of 6.5-7 and is mostly carbonaceous material so breaks down slowly... I.E. reusable. Its also relatively cheap.

The only down-side of it is the possible salts that are in it, because its often grown, harvested and processed near the ocean (sodium = death for plants).... BUT, this is of little concern if you simply flush it before use. There are also many brands out there that are flushed already.

Sorry for the digressions and pseudo-thread jacking. If ya'll wanna talk more, shoot me a PM.

Mr Celsius

I am patient with stupidity but not with those who
Veteran
caligreen said:
I see you doing that a lot.....

:biglaugh:

Really? I didn't realize, could you point to some posts of mine that say that? If I am, I guess there's a lot of hypocrites out there. :D

Just out of curiosity, whats your point? :wave:

dav zap

SacredBreh

SacredBreh

Good Day to you sir. You do bring your sliver of the pie, my good man. And

I also must be careful not to be testy. There are those moments. It is a

pleasure to see you today. You're educated, thats what counts, more than

exactly which way, eh? Nothing more valuable. eh.

And here is our plant at almost a week. :muahaha:

dav zap

MrCelsius

MrCelsius

But is coco used like dirt? I did already spend my allowance on dro quip.

But I am curious, always. I do thank-you for participating in this thread.

You are not thread-jacking, my good man. Au contraire. If thats how its

spelled. :redface:

dav zap said:
But is coco used like dirt? I did already spend my allowance on dro quip.

But I am curious, always. I do thank-you for participating in this thread.

You are not thread-jacking, my good man. Au contraire. If thats how its

spelled. :redface:

Technically, coco is actually a hydroponic medium, although a lot of people do use it similarly to soil. I'd stick with your hydroton for the time being, and maybe replace the clay with straight coco next round. It's one of those things.. "if it ain't broke don't fix it" haha.

dav zap

NORML - Purple Potion

NORML - Purple Potion

Thank-You PurplePotion not just for answering my query re; coco. (Before I forget again, check out KOKO.ORG< the most educated animal, a guerilla.)

NORML - is very important to all of us!!! Check out NORML.org (.com)

Look at what I came across . Have y'all seen the hybrid bulb? HPS & MH in one!!! From Germany, where else. Special ballast needed. But...what a bulb!

Thanks for the support dav zap. Still need to order my NORML t-shirt that says "it's norml to smoke weed" :smile:.

I saw one of those bulbs on htgsupply.. haven't seen any reviews or anything on them though. They look interesting to say the least. I've only seen a 1000W, come across anything smaller perchance?

Would be interesting to have one right beside my 400W CMH for a comparison. They are probably uber expensive, though.. blaaa.

edit: Here's the link to the 1000W I found. Says for use on a 1000W HPS ballast. http://www.htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=53090

Last edited:

BeachBum

ive smoked ak-47 supposedly grown with leds. it was really good, looked like it had been grown with hps. anybody ever tried the led ufo?

Hazelnuts

Pullin up a chair for this one. I have yet to see a full grow done with LEDs and this is already looking very promising.

LED thoughts...

LED thoughts...

Right now the best commercially available LED grow light is the Procyon 100 by homegrownlights
Now for those of us who are constantly looking for the most cost-effective, DIY solutions you must have a link to Instructables in your bookmarks... instructables - group:danpowerled
Make your own Led power supply to match whatever your putting over your plants. Much cheaper and customized than anything you can buy pre-made. Also look for instructables on making your own custom PCBs! My fav site next to this one!

St. Cannabis

Sorry i'm not allowed to post links in my messages... :cuss:

On Homegrownlights

On Homegrownlights

Also i have some of Homegrownlights' older DIY 9W LED arrays which work wonderfully for seed-starting/clone-rooting... though i haven't been able to try them with cannabis yet (still in the design phase of a steath-box).

-St. Cannabis
P.S. Never, never, never use a "cordless" soldering iron for LED's... i found out the hard way...

dav zap

NORML - Purple Potion

NORML - Purple Potion

Hello there. This is the only one that I know of and it looks like a thousand

doesn't it? I mean the HPS & MH bulb. I do not know. Oh and thanks for the

link, I love links. :jump:

dav zap

BeachBum Buzz

BeachBum Buzz

Hello BB. I have had a few LED harvests and the buds are definitely

stronger than HPS. See you later and thank-you for visiting. :wave:

dav zap

Hello Hazelnuts

Hello Hazelnuts

How are you Hazelnuts? We're off to a good start, eh? Now if the plant just goes female. :wave:

dav zap

SaintCannabis

SaintCannabis

Hello saintcannabis, how are you? The one person that I know who saw the Procyon said my lights are brighter! So lets see for ourselves, eh? Thank you for participating. :muahaha: