What's new

New L.E.D. Arrays & LowRyder2

one question though, the whole setup, how many arrays do you have running here, and how much did it cost (approx) total?

Where did you get the LED arrays?

Last edited:

dav zap

1love1earth

1love1earth

Greetings. There are 8 - 5" diam. Red 10w. - $100. @

about a half dozen smaller 3" Red & Blue 5w $60. @ I don't know if I could

have used more or less?

Please refer to earlier this page, you already asked & answered this***!

twice.

Last edited:

dav zap

37 days

37 days

37 days

Supplement change; I've been using GH Flora 3 part & Liquid Karma.
Still GH, Grotek Monster Bloom added. stopped L.K.

Last edited:
I would say that it easily rivals HID, the dense growth surprises me, I know you have a bunch of lights there, but clearly the LED lighting can penetrate the canopy, which is impressive.

I'm dying to see a yield on it a month or two from now.

Clearly you've got more going on to make this happen than just LEDs, like lowryder, and training, but still, it's about the bushiest thing I've ever seen.

Real real curious to see what kind of bud you get out of LEDs.

How is the heat coming off of the LEDs? I could see someone actually needing a heater rather than AC using LEDs.

Much much much props to you dav zap, beyond the initial investment (which really isn't all that much more than HID and LED should last longer), this looks to be at least a solid replacement for whatever anyone is using in a veg room, if not flowering as well.

Nevermind the sort of technology/pricepoint that's kicking around 10 years from now, even just 5 years.

I hope you can keep that beast in check, it's already so big, very curious to see what the next month brings.

dav zap

UltraViolet Frequency#B

UltraViolet Frequency#B

Its in the sun. Its not in grow lights. It makes THC in MJ. It is in lizard

lights and sun tan lights. If used it makes pot more stony. Sound too good

to be true? Go read a MJ Botany book. From the pet shop a good one is

ZOO-MED Repti-Sun Output #10.0 . It comes in Flo or CFL.

cfl...KING

Listen my username is from 07 lol
Veteran
looks great, two things how much was the CFL, an can we get some bud site pics an wat day flower is it? ok ya i kno 3 things. an if ur looking into CFLs look into getting purple CFLs they come in 125w all the way to 300w (real watts not equiv.)

dav zap

cfl_KING

cfl_KING

Greetings. It showed pistils in less than 4 weeks. Its 39 days now. The CFL UV#B is $50. in the pet shop. And its only good for one year. I'm getting the new mac soon. cool, eh. Why do we want purple CFL?? Thank-You. Peace & Pot.

Hazelnuts

Looking nice there, seems like you're one of the first growers to achieve something with LEDs, all the others I've seen didn't use enough watts by far, they thought they could compare a 400w HPS with 10w of LEDs and were in for a major disappointment... Props on the nice growing

dav zap

Hazelnuts

Hazelnuts

I agree with you Hazelnuts. Bold claims were exaggerated. It is less watts

than HID, but not so extreme. However this grow I think has outgrown

HID.

G

Purple CFLs? Never seen those, only cool white and warm white.

I use a 250w HPS and need to shut down my grow, but I could manage a couple of 1 foot square LED panels. The thing is, if the 250 puts out, say 20,000 lumens and only 20% of that is useable by the plants, that is only 4000 lumens, a 225 red LED panel drawing 13.8 watts puts out about 1400 lumens, so two of those would give me 2800 lumens, add a couple of blue LED bulbs to add the blue part of the spectrum and I will be getting close to the useable lumens of the HPS I think.

Anyone know how many lumens a 250w Osram HPS lamp puts out and how much of the output is PAR useable lumens?

I've yet to see any buds grown with LEDs, a few people here and at other forums have shown pics of vegging plants under LEDs, but until I see someone pull off a decent harvest, I am not convinced.

Latest posts

Latest posts