What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New ICMAG LOGO NEEDED!!...any Artists out there??

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Ok I decided to squeeze in another frame just for gypsy! Also if you like it for the new banner, I will go back over it and add some more frames to the growing plants so that they grow more smoothly!

picture.php

MapleMonk

hi IC !

here are my submissions :

static one(size is for weedmaps):
picture.php

animated(link for animation):
picture.php

http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1289411814

if needed i can also animate the static one, edit pic size,change font etc...
good luck all !!!

EDIT: thx WasntMe for the right spinning-direction
PS: been so high in the morning that at the time i changed the text on the animation i wrote "international geographic", saw it 2 hrs later .... :laughing:

Last edited:

WasntMe

here comes the 60's ... we're spinning backwards again.

;)

MapleMonk: I like how you added the subtle smoke floating across the mid layer while the leafs shift on the bottom layer of the animated version ... nice touch

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
Here's a couple.. did em because I wanted to say I tried at least :)

icmag1.jpg

icmag2.jpg

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Im kinda lost, Do the submissions that are not on site count?

I could do a lot more with flash animations, But flash animations are not able to be hosted on icmag. Which is why I chose to do a GIF animation.

I guess, I'm curious if I make a flash animation and upload it to another site and link it here will it count. Cause honestly I dont wanna be wasting hrs of my time to find out my submission doesnt count because its not hosted onsite!

Thanks....

WasntMe

WasntMe: Could you attach your entry again? I must be missing it.

Sorry Amstercal,
I did not make a submission as I am not a computer based graphic artist. I have only added some suggestions and detail correction input..... i.e. the correct direction of spin of our planet.
hope I didn't confuse anyone.
-WasntMe

WasntMe

Don't forget the insult! :)

Maybe you could take a pic of your design. There are even programs that will convert it to a vector graphic for you.

Sorry , but can you elaborate on what it is you are talking about? I'd PM you about it as to not further cloud this thread but you seem to have that turned off.

blazeoneup

The Helpful One
Chat Moderator
Veteran
Don't forget the insult! :)

Maybe you could take a pic of your design. There are even programs that will convert it to a vector graphic for you.

Why is it considered an insult that he pointed out the correct oriention/axis/rotation of the earth spinning, It should be a compliment considering he is pointing it out to help people to fix their globes to rotate properly...

He didnt submit anything lol...

amstercal

Nermind, I re-read what he said and realized I read it wrong about "the real artist"...not knowing you meant someone in particular, it read as if no one who had posted a logo was a real artist. My apologies. Someone needs coffee.

WasntMe

Ahh I understand, you just didn't realize that that particular comment was referring directly to someone else's post.... haha now I understand what you were getting at. no worries :D

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
I absolutely LOVE MapleMonk's static entry. Best by far.

fred b's entry is awesome too but may not be practical as a logo. It looks like the type of logos google uses during holidays. Maybe that should be a 4/20 logo ?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I am really overwhelmed by so many good entries!!......This is making it VERY DIFFICULT to be able to judge a winner....

.....so I'm going to check them all over again and come back here in 12 hours or so to tell you all....

...in the meantime if there are any last minute entries or upgraded current entries you had best get them here....All entries will be considered whether they are here or linked...

Latest posts

Latest posts