What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New England Growers and Medical Users

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
Hey FB et all,

I'm going to give coco a try and have a few questions regarding procedures. I've read thru the coco forum and have not really found any definitive answers to a few simple questions. First is pH.. do you base your pH readings on your nutrient solution? Second, feed nutes every day and flush once a week, or other? Will I be ok with 2 gallon pots with a short veg time? I have height limitations in my room, so I have to try to keep my plants short. Finally, what brand/type of coco do you recommend? Any coco tips would be greatly appreciated. tia

mgk :tiphat:

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey maynardG, and good morning the rest of new england.
im heading out but ill field this one quick.
PH should b 5.8 - 6.2.
as for nutes, i use GH flora series. but im switching to canna nutes.
i handwater my coco, i have seen drip set ups tho. i finish my plants in 3 gal pots, you should be fine there.
i use canna coco, im told its top of the line, i cant find a reason that disproves that. so i would say it is.... i do know alot of people using botanicare coco bricks. its just a dehydrated coco brick. so you add water and your all set.... canna coco is good right out of the bag.
hope this helps.
as for me today, im getting bubble bags. im enjoying some ISO hash, about to hit the road. have a good one guys!

H

herbal essences

Ok.. but my question is this.. when taking a pH reading, do you do that by reading the pH of the nute solution before dosing or do you somehow take a pH reading of the medium?

mgk :thinking:

its the ph of your nutrient solution before watering your plants

H

highsteppa

I found that UdG has the top performers for outdoor in NE. Bar none. Period. Feezeland BX, Mighty Might and its crosses, auto afgahani, crosses. Guerilla gold. I support and buy from boo/bay but they don't offfer much for northern outdoor guerilla.

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
maynardG - the HandWatering Coco thread ,that should clear up any questions.

Yea, I've already been there. I was just kinda wanting to find out how you did it. I've waded thru most of that thread and there's so many conflicting and contradictory things. I see your results and like what I see, so it was more your specific methods I was curious about. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. These bubble buckets are gonna make me crazy. Great looking results so far, but the noise is too much.

mgk :yoinks:

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cool, im sure you will love coco once you get the hang of it.

i had a long voyage today. liquid sun maine doesnt have bubble bags. so i made a trip to the rhode island store. got the 5 gallon, 4 bag pack. about 200$. also picked up 10 (3 gal) smart pots . i cant wait to use these. i got some tansplanting to do tomorrow.
i have trim leaves, and some small buds i didnt bother trimming to make some bubble hash tomorrow. :yes: im smoking iso hash now. i cant wait to start working these bags in tho. :D

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
cool, im sure you will love coco once you get the hang of it.

i had a long voyage today. liquid sun maine doesnt have bubble bags. so i made a trip to the rhode island store. got the 5 gallon, 4 bag pack. about 200$. also picked up 10 (3 gal) smart pots . i cant wait to use these. i got some tansplanting to do tomorrow.
i have trim leaves, and some small buds i didnt bother trimming to make some bubble hash tomorrow. :yes: im smoking iso hash now. i cant wait to start working these bags in tho. :D

I got some absolutely awesome bubble hash from the Whiteberry harvest from last summer. I was amazed. My 2nd batch done with a mix of different strains was not near as good, but neither was the harvest. the one thing I found useful (actually learned from a friend) was to put the chop and the ice in a separate bucket for mixing. We used a drill with a paint stirrer on it. Sounds crazy, but it beats the hell out of hand churning all that stuff. Then you dump it in the bucket you have your bags set up in. I found running it 3 times pretty much wrenches out every last drop. Have fun! You're in for a real nice adventure..

mgk :blowbubbles:

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
I support and buy from boo/bay but they don't offfer much for northern outdoor guerilla.

Truth. I always try to use Bay/Boo first, but had to go elsewhere for my outdoor gear this year. I'm ordering Shanti's Early Pearl x Skunk #1 today. A pack of Early Queen did not sprout for me last year, so this will be my first run with his wares! :tiphat:

archie123

got a ?lost a fan in the clone box,10 cfl's and couple 2't5,anyway vent fan went down temps hit 99f ?for maby 30-40 min?only 1 sprout tiped over,,now will that stress the shit out of the rest???the wind is back i hate the wind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!T,I,A....archie

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well, even big plants can get heat stress. and seedlings are more sensitive. did you germinate them well first? and did the fan break, or did it just fall?

archie123

well, even big plants can get heat stress. and seedlings are more sensitive. did you germinate them well first? and did the fan break, or did it just fall?
no it failed,on old 1,they all seem ok today???but if i get a plate of boys that'll suk..got a couple new air kings on the way,and a spare vent fan!!!new closet geting use 2 what wants??will put some new snaps in profle thanks man A

G

Ganja D

Peace, I'm out!

Peace, I'm out!

Whats up New England.
I'm out. I've lived my whole life in N E and seen very little of the rest of the world let alone our own country. I'm leaving for a new adventure and to change the world and live my dreams.
I'll try to post some grows in this thread from time to time if possible once I'm settled.
You guys are awesome, keep New England growing strong.
I'll miss the mountains and forests of VT and NH, the ocean views, beaches and lobster of ME, and all my friends and memories of MA from the dirty Charles to my favorite wooded park.

Peace I'm out,

Ganja D

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
oo man,, its official...
you will be missed for sure. and please post your grows.
i hope it all works out, and your 100% soon!! :wave:

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
GD, you go man! We'll miss ya, but the internet makes the world a smaller place. I'm sure the collective as a whole wishes you well in your new adventure! Keep us posted on your doings.

mgk :tiphat:

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i spent some time making various hash this weekend. very happy. first off, a day ago i made ISO hash w about a 1/2 oz. some was trim.
also i just finished breaking in my bubble bags. heres some pictures of both runs.
i got a great high off both, but im currently smoking the bubble. nice melty bubbly goodness. it was made from all CH9's from previous grows. just ate, time to reload the bong!!
-=- the result of the ISO
picture.php

-=- about 50 grams of buds too small to trim plus trim leaves
picture.php

-=- 4g of 73micron
picture.php

-=- 25 micron. actually have a full tablesoon full now
picture.php

-=-