What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NEW Colorado Growers Thread

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I find it funny that the State wouldn't do something like this because they will say people can take advantage of the system, but there are still so many stores selling product out the back door.

It's the elected leaders who made it illegal for the common grower to vend to the med companies and then they set the same standard to rec too. These elected leaders were most likely still in office before med and rec laws where passed and they are against cannabis and don't expect to have them pass any laws that they are against. They are hooked on the war on drugs, which is worse then the drugs...

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
legislators with no clue (all of them) are the enemy, they are in the pockets of already established profit interests like police unions, prison guard unions, and the newly emerging "big cannabis" industry.
the "elected leaders" are greed monger asshats

2 Legal Co

Veteran
constitutional rights/government overreach????

ALL taken care of by the Patriot Act.

If not. Why were leo's concerned that it be reenacted????? All the way down to city and county governments......

Jhhnn

Veteran
Does this give the assumption that they are watching the grow stores again/still?

Hard to say. Life being what it is, I'm sure they get lots of tips & snitches. Once they get a line on somebody they have enormous power to gain information via administrative subpoena-

https://www.wired.com/2012/08/administrative-subpoenas/

It covers most everything- utilities, phones, internet, employment history & likely financials as well.

That's on top of what the can find out just from your license plate & legal observation techniques.

If you look like who they're looking for the more they find out, you're a goner.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Perhaps we the people need to think about trying to get other ballot amendments onto the ballot, that are pro cannabis.

yhea?
that says WHAT? exactly.
some winning cases need media attention, some pro-patient precedents need to be publicized

Does this give the assumption that they are watching the grow stores again/still?

IF the state/feds were handing out subpoenas of grow stores customer records.... im pretty sure we would hear about it thru the grapevine, EVENTUALLY. that means it COULD be happening now, but i seriously doubt it is happening at those levels.

it certainly SEEMs like these busts are being handed to local authorities by the feds who have found evidence of out of state re-distribution. that has been my experience as well.

ALSO, looks like the kids can use medical cannabis at schools bill is going to pass, it passed committee today with a "standing vote" which is pretty uncommon/rare and reserved for important issues that are contested among members of the vote....
hb1373 for anyone who cares....
seems like this could really open some cans of worms down the line.... not to say it's a BAD idea, just.... wow, im amazed how fuckd up it could all get from here.
:laughing:

Last edited:

rockymountainJ

2 things I have never understood.... why I have to fear a car with red and blue lights on it.... and why I should be afraid to grow a plant that was here long before all of us!!! Even when not doing something wrong cops make us feel uncomfortable... thats fxked!!! Protect and serve lol.... God or whoever made this crazy ride were on, made this great medicine before cops where thought of....

Heay, I got an idea!!! I run for president...Can't be worse than Joe Walsh and better than Trump or Hillary... First thing I do. Issue executive order that all city, county , state police, fbi, cia, prison guards, even judges... Any person serving as a law enforcement official in any manor must undergo 200 hours Of "The Andy Griffith Show", I will then push congress to move cannabis down on the drug schedule list...Then try to spend 4 years hiding at Martha Stewart Island while I let Bernie do the real changes. Sorry, I am in a bad mood and a little too stoned right now. Hope you see the humor...
I am frustrated because I see no answers...

Jhhnn

Veteran
If Pueblo County cops are cheating, they're probably doing it with something like this-

http://www.grainger.com/product/40T...8917!&ef_id=VyNxygAAALehzyrr:20160429143802:s

The open flat terrain of Pueblo West lends itself perfectly to that. Anybody who runs the lights at night sticks out like a wedding dick. Once they spot a potential grower they just bullshit in the details of how the grower was discovered- neighbor complaints, anonymous tip, whatever it takes.

The prohibition against the use of such devices skates on thinner & thinner ice all the time as the tech becomes more widely used.

MileHighGlass

If Pueblo County cops are cheating, they're probably doing it with something like this-

http://www.grainger.com/product/40T...8917!&ef_id=VyNxygAAALehzyrr:20160429143802:s

The open flat terrain of Pueblo West lends itself perfectly to that. Anybody who runs the lights at night sticks out like a wedding dick. Once they spot a potential grower they just bullshit in the details of how the grower was discovered- neighbor complaints, anonymous tip, whatever it takes.

The prohibition against the use of such devices skates on thinner & thinner ice all the time as the tech becomes more widely used.

I would not be shocked if these are being used. Divert a little money from some fund, and buy one for the "team" to help catch those "dopers".

Gotta admit, they are cool as fuck.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Reflective mylar insulation can block most of the ability to see w those FLIR devices. The heat still needs to go somewhere, however. Exhausting through a chimney would be ideal if available.

Stay Safe Yall!

Jbomber79

Veteran
A group of folks giving seeds away in Cortez, seems to me a small group of progressive growers pushing for a Cali like market where small growers and collectives can provide product to dispos :thumbsup:

R

!RA!

Reflective mylar insulation can block most of the ability to see w those FLIR devices. The heat still needs to go somewhere, however. Exhausting through a chimney would be ideal if available.

Stay Safe Yall!

I've got my flower room lined with reflective insul-foam, not sure how it looks to a flir. But I do have this, so at least they won't know what I'm thinking.

picture.php

:tiphat:

MileHighGlass

I've got my flower room lined with reflective insul-foam, not sure how it looks to a flir. But I do have this, so at least they won't know what I'm thinking.

View Image

:tiphat:

Years ago I went out with friends and was drinking at a local place and there was a guy with a tin foil hat. He was a local that everyone kind of just let talk to them and somewhat be involved in the group. Everyone sat around the table, and left the only open space next to me. There was no reason to be mad, so I decide to go with it.

I open up about the radio waves form cell phones, satellites, etc..., and really play into this guys fears. I have to say it was really fun, and I got the got pretty freaked out and he decided to leave.

Win-win :)