What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NEW Colorado Growers Thread

MileHighGlass

Not sure what to make of it, but my Excel bill always says that I use more Sparks than my neighbors do?????

I pay my bills. So what is the big deal?

Excel says that they are hitting the wall on 'supply availability', and network capability. THIS,,, and my bills are Always less than $300 a month. and that # includes water, as well.

I guess my neighbors must live in the dark and read by candlelight? Really? I wonder what they say to the warehouse growers that use hundreds of times more than I.

I'll shut up now. Guess I'm being a bit paranoid.

Less than $300 is nothing. As long as you pay they don't care. I have a friend that averages $2500 a month. :)

In the south mine would almost hit $600 in July & August. I have no idea why it was so high. :)

MileHighGlass

So it seems there are a lot of "busts" of "illegal" grows recently. Pueblo, and Denver have been going to town. It got me thinking that there has to be some new rules in the pipeline that the Dispensaries want to push through.

This is classic passing law scare tactics. "We need this law to protect you."Think the patriot act after 911, etc..

I know of more people that buy those ghetto $99 ounces from places like The Green Solution, and ship them out of state for $300-$400 than I know of people growing and transporting it out of State.

So at what point do Cities, and the State go after the hundreds if not thousands of people going into the stores, and shipping it out of State?

Seems like they need to "police" the entire system equally don't they?

Those cheap ounces, and concentrate specials promote the export of cannabis products to other states. Shouldn't there be some enforcement on them as well?

I guarantee there is more shit leaving the State via USPS that was "legally" procured from a store than there is product coming from "illegal" grows.

This whole system is a smoke screen designed to allow a few people to profit heavily while others are still considered criminals.

Fuck a bunch of all of this bullshit.

I feel a little better. :)

Especially the stores that will let you buy pounds at a time with your extended plant count/weight. That shit is obviously going out of state. Fucking bullshit.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
cousin recently informed me that Pueblo county residents have started a petition to restrict or eliminate personal growing.(or all growing...can't remember exactly the convo)

anyone else heard of this? seems they'd be shooting themselves in the foot.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
cousin recently informed me that Pueblo county residents have started a petition to restrict or eliminate personal growing.(or all growing...can't remember exactly the convo)

If you can find any info that looks legit then I would give the heads up to Corvette Doc and people at Mary Jane's Haberdasher.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Nothing can be done on the personal level.
They cannot add restrictions to the personal grower above what is in A64 as voted on by the people of Colorado.

MileHighGlass

Nothing can be done on the personal level.
They cannot add restrictions to the personal grower above what is in A64 as voted on by the people of Colorado.

The Federal Government can't indefinitely detain you without giving anyone a reason either. My bad, yes they can.

Any Government agency can do anything it wants to do. It's up to us to prove what they did is "illegal."

It happens everyday at every Government level.

Go try to get a Colorado license without giving them your finger print.

I have not heard of any petitions along these lines, but I am currently trying to find where city council supposedly passed an ordinance that goes along these lines.

I was searching for P.City Co. meeting around Jan/Feb 2015 concerning rules for PPD to follow on body cameras. Only to find that that one session is mysteriously missing from their on line data base. I have been running into several others that never get posted while looking up these changes. If they are not legally posted are they legal at all??? Think Magna-Karta law here...

Pueblo city council seems to be operating so far outside of law they don't even try to follow their own rules. Not posting the work and hearing sessions is against the charter and leaves each member open to sanction...What sanctions might be is also a mystery that I can't find a definition for.

They supposedly enacted an ordinance to ban greenhouses in city limits...but again no public posting of the decree. I am really starting to think the only solution to all of this about 10-15K of Pueblo's citizens gather and lynch the council at one time. The statement should be clear.

I want to see where these "laws" are being properly posted and equally enforced. Otherwise shoot the idiot that wrote it.

I haven't even tried to look into the county Bs yet...That just might give me a stroke.

I did find (through unavailable channels) That the city council actually started pushing to insure that any petition concerning cannabis in any way is to be given a complete grilling on their application, submission and verification procedures in order to limit the number of cases that might come up for voter verification...Is this taking away our voice our protecting the community from too many unfounded things costing them a fortune...It is hard to answer when you put it like that.

It is Avanish who seems to keep finding this crap but I can't find verification on almost any of it through legally posted public means.

Last edited:

Jhhnn

Veteran
Fucking witch hunt going on in Pueblo, jeez...

It's Pueblo County, particularly Pueblo West. I suspect that the cops are cheating, at a lot of different levels. Pueblo County cops are not known for being the straightest arrows in the quiver.

Pueblo West is a bad location for outlaw growers. It's flat, wide open & there are damned few trees or fences. Cops can scope out a house from a variety of directions, readily identify air conditioners & etc. Hell, they can usually walk right up to & around the house. Out of state plates stick out like a sore thumb. Lots are big enough that they can readily identify the source of any stray odors. It's one of those "you gotta be crazy to grow there" kind of places.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Federal Government can't indefinitely detain you without giving anyone a reason either. My bad, yes they can.

Any Government agency can do anything it wants to do. It's up to us to prove what they did is "illegal."

It happens everyday at every Government level.

Go try to get a Colorado license without giving them your finger print.

Try staying within the context of the comment you are refuting.
YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG!
There are zero licensing requirements under A64!

MileHighGlass

Try staying within the context of the comment you are refuting.
YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG!
There are zero licensing requirements under A64!

Are you talking about growing 6 plants? I'm not. What are you going to do with 6 plants? You can't even pop a ten pack of seeds.

I don't understand how I am wrong that Government body's can do anything they want, and we have to prove what they did is illegal. It happens everyday. So much that I don't even need to bother giving examples.

Am I wrong about us being able to grow six plants? I have never said anything about the Government "allowing" us the pleasure of growing a whopping six plants.

That being said home grows will be gone soon. 6 plants in the law or not. They are going after the bigger guys, then they will regulate via zoning, and the legislation. They will slowly chip away at your rights to grow a plant. Within ten years I do not believe you will be "allowed" to grow 6 plants.

I love when people have so much "faith" in words on a piece of paper. History has shown that those words are merely temporary.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Marijuana: Pueblo OKs Home Grows (With a Catch), Alaska Begins Legalization
Tuesday, February 24, 2015 at 11:55 a.m.

One cannabis advocate said the Pueblo City Council is "going to open up this city to a landslide of lawsuits and recall and impeachment proceedings" after passing the ordinance.
One cannabis advocate said the Pueblo City Council is "going to open up this city to a landslide of lawsuits and recall and impeachment proceedings" after passing the ordinance.
City of Pueblo Website

Pueblo City Council approved home grows for recreational users last night in a 5-2 vote, but many cannabis supporters are still unhappy with some of the ordinance's restrictions.

The new rules allow growing marijuana in an enclosed, ventilated space no larger than 100 square feet (caregivers can apply to the city for larger grows). Growing pot outdoors or placing a greenhouse on one's property is illegal, though the city council did ask to revisit an ordinance that would allow people to have greenhouses on their property.

"The problem with forcing all marijuana cultivation inside is the increase of cost to the person growing it at home, specifically the energy costs," David Lemon said at the meeting. "This is the biggest birthday present anyone could ever think of to (give) Black Hills (Energy), and they haven't been that good a child."
Related Stories

Dear Stoner: Is It Legal to Fly With Medical Pot?
Controversial Medical Pot Caregivers Bill Passes Senate Committee
Can Marijuana Become Pueblo's Next Cash Crop?

Growing marijuana anywhere other than one's primary residence is also illegal. Caregivers can cultivate for up to five medical patients, and any caregiver or patient wishing to grow marijuana in their home must register with the Pueblo Police Department first:

It shall be unlawful for any patient or primary caregiver to cultivate marijuana until he or she has first registered the location with the Pueblo Police Department and presented his or her state medical marijuana registration identification card to the Police.

http://www.westword.com/news/mariju...th-a-catch-alaska-begins-legalization-6578672

IS PUEBLO GOING TO POT?
That's a common question among residents of Pueblo County. The answer to that question is . . . not if we can help it! We have a right to speak out about what we value most for our community. Our citizen driven advocacy group is working to provide information about marijuana industry impacts and strategies to engage our community. We are "ordinary" citizens, working adults, retirees, parents & grandparents. We are Pueblo County!

Mission: To organize and educate individuals regarding issues which matter most to the economic growth, health and public safety of all citizens of Pueblo County. We are about public health, safety and education.

Amendment 64 - Colorado voters were hoodwinked. Was this really what we voted for in 2012? Elections have consequences, buyers remorse is real. Colorado voters are rethinking what legalization has meant.

Marijuana as "recreation" - mass commercialization: a pot store on every corner, over 300 types of edibles, home grows, public consumption, smoke clubs, increased crime, farmland for food now used for massive marijuana grows, a growing black market?

Our Goal - We are about public health, safety and education. We are involved in a variety of public education events throughout our community. Knowledge is power. Education is key to understanding this growing industry and its impacts upon our way of life.

PfPI - is a grass roots organization comprised of citizens within Pueblo County.
PfPI - is now organizing and recruiting individuals to impact our community in a thoughtful and educated manner.

If you are interested in being a part of this grass roots effort, we are excited for you to connect and be a part of this citizen movement!
We are reaching out to our community through marijuana education events!

http://puebloforpositiveimpact.com/index.html

Jhhnn

Veteran
Are you talking about growing 6 plants? I'm not. What are you going to do with 6 plants? You can't even pop a ten pack of seeds.

I don't understand how I am wrong that Government body's can do anything they want, and we have to prove what they did is illegal. It happens everyday. So much that I don't even need to bother giving examples.

Am I wrong about us being able to grow six plants? I have never said anything about the Government "allowing" us the pleasure of growing a whopping six plants.

That being said home grows will be gone soon. 6 plants in the law or not. They are going after the bigger guys, then they will regulate via zoning, and the legislation. They will slowly chip away at your rights to grow a plant. Within ten years I do not believe you will be "allowed" to grow 6 plants.

I love when people have so much "faith" in words on a piece of paper. History has shown that those words are merely temporary.

Please. A64 isn't the law, it's Constitutional. The Colorado State Constitution can only be amended by a vote of the people or thru a constitutional convention that the people vote into existence. A 2/3 majority of both houses is required for them to put a measure on the ballot-

https://ballotpedia.org/Colorado_Constitution

Explain how the people will be convinced to vote personal growing out of existence. Why would they?

I don't think that will happen. Efforts to restrict the plain language of the amendment are doomed to fail when challenged, Denver's 12/6 household limit among them.

Anybody who has problems w/ plant count limitations needs to study gettogro's methods-

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=236262

this one is moving super fast thru house into senate;
http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/cl...CC7E16E87257F79005D4B53?Open&file=191_ren.pdf

giving cannabis tax money to studies....

Actually the legislatures announced that they passed it before it even got to the floor...So I think they are trying to hide their mistake of telling the reporters too soon by getting it out fast...it doesn't have any real opposition. The sad thing is that the studies don't amount to anything that will do anything. It is a pointless study they are financing.

MileHighGlass

Please. A64 isn't the law, it's Constitutional. The Colorado State Constitution can only be amended by a vote of the people or thru a constitutional convention that the people vote into existence. A 2/3 majority of both houses is required for them to put a measure on the ballot-

https://ballotpedia.org/Colorado_Constitution

Explain how the people will be convinced to vote personal growing out of existence. Why would they?

I don't think that will happen. Efforts to restrict the plain language of the amendment are doomed to fail when challenged, Denver's 12/6 household limit among them.

Anybody who has problems w/ plant count limitations needs to study gettogro's methods-

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=236262

It's words on a piece of paper just like the Constitution of the United states. It can and will change. No "please" necessary.

The Denver City council just voted on a cap for stores, and grows. Seems timed with the busts of "illegal" grows as well.

The writing is on the walls, whether you want to admit it or not.

I am not ok with growing 6 plants. That wouldn't even touch my moms. What about pheno hunting, breeding, etc... The hypothetical 1/4 pound to 1 pound per plant bs needs to stop.

Plant numbers are arbitrary, and unnecessary. I was shucking seeds today and one plant that I got 200 seeds from maybe had 1/4 ounce of buds before I destroyed it.

6 plants via a64 is BS plain and simple.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts