What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NEW Colorado Growers Thread

Jhhnn

Veteran
Heat has to go somewhere. The best that can be hoped for is to spread it out so that it's less unusual & harder to spot against the background.

A mini split that starts pouring out heat every evening at the same time & shuts off at the same time every morning regardless of the weather would be easy to spot & document using FLIR, particularly in Pueblo West. The condenser is a concentrated source of heat. If the grower is using air cooling into a larger lung room then the whole house appears as being warmer.

FLIR will be the Devil for unlicensed growers of any size before it's over.

They already have one on a Denver police helicopter but apparentlly use it just for other stuff, honest. Scout's Honor. You Betcha.

R

!RA!

Years ago I went out with friends and was drinking at a local place and there was a guy with a tin foil hat. He was a local that everyone kind of just let talk to them and somewhat be involved in the group. Everyone sat around the table, and left the only open space next to me. There was no reason to be mad, so I decide to go with it.

I open up about the radio waves form cell phones, satellites, etc..., and really play into this guys fears. I have to say it was really fun, and I got the got pretty freaked out and he decided to leave.

Win-win :)

That was you?

Honestly, instead of FLIR I bet they could just go to the power company and look at all houses using more that 700 a month in electricity and go check it out from there.

Honestly, instead of FLIR I bet they could just go to the power company and look at all houses using more that 700 a month in electricity and go check it out from there.

I was shown back in 2005 how Black Hills Energy not only had but was using systems to trace draws on the grid to pin-point high usage problems...They reported them then (I don't know about now for sure). Since then BHE has replaced every meter on the grid with a reporting usage monitor to " control usage for rolling black outs", We sure as #@!! aren't California so what rolling block outs were these for??? No they were to monitor each point of use. Captain Kirk (sorry VERY old nick name that isn't exactly relevant these days) from PSD basically said that is what they are doing on the news. so???

This edit is from my paranoia. Why did Pueblo Board Of Water Works change out all of their meters to ???I am not certain what they installed about 16-18 months ago. I had to shut off the water a while back and break the connections...But nothing happened. I don't know what has been added to the water meters. Any-one know more on that???

Not really sure about the water, but I imagine that I'm pretty suspect on the energy regard. I run 12 hours during the night and off during the day. I hope that they just appreciate all of the extra business that I provide and aren't to giddy about informing the police. Either way, I'm not over my plant count so if anything were to happen I should be covered. Hopefully. I plan on switching to a flip here soon though so my energy usage should stay pretty equal throughout the day and night. Although it probably is ten times that of the average neighbor hahaha

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
yhea?
that says WHAT? exactly.
some winning cases need media attention, some pro-patient precedents need to be publicized

One thing that is on the top of my head is, make it illegal to fire some one from a job or to be denied employement because you test positive for THC with in Colorado or any Colorado based employers. With perhaps an exception for people in certain job fields like maybe airline pilots.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
One thing that is on the top of my head is, make it illegal to fire some one from a job or to be denied employement because you test positive for THC with in Colorado or any Colorado based employers. With perhaps an exception for people in certain job fields like maybe airline pilots.

agree 100%
sadly that dish tv precedent put things BACKWARDS in that regard...
pretty fuckd taht even medical use is grounds for loosing your job, and the fucking state upheld that decision....

Jhhnn

Veteran
I was shown back in 2005 how Black Hills Energy not only had but was using systems to trace draws on the grid to pin-point high usage problems...They reported them then (I don't know about now for sure). Since then BHE has replaced every meter on the grid with a reporting usage monitor to " control usage for rolling black outs", We sure as #@!! aren't California so what rolling block outs were these for??? No they were to monitor each point of use. Captain Kirk (sorry VERY old nick name that isn't exactly relevant these days) from PSD basically said that is what they are doing on the news. so???

This edit is from my paranoia. Why did Pueblo Board Of Water Works change out all of their meters to ???I am not certain what they installed about 16-18 months ago. I had to shut off the water a while back and break the connections...But nothing happened. I don't know what has been added to the water meters. Any-one know more on that???

If the water meters are like what they put in Denver some years ago they have smart chip tech & can be read from a vehicle driving by. If there's a wire from the meter head to the cover on an outside meter that's what they've done. Xcel did something similar w/ gas meters a long time ago. The only reason smart meters have dials is so that the cumulative total can be read if the transmitter fails.

If the water meters are like what they put in Denver some years ago they have smart chip tech & can be read from a vehicle driving by. If there's a wire from the meter head to the cover on an outside meter that's what they've done. Xcel did something similar w/ gas meters a long time ago. The only reason smart meters have dials is so that the cumulative total can be read if the transmitter fails.
Thank-you. I was guessing along those lines...

R

Robrites

Colorado Pot Profiteers Draft Bill to Hijack the Industry

Colorado Pot Profiteers Draft Bill to Hijack the Industry

The draft of a bill to be introduced in the Colorado Senate next week proposes such momentous changes to the marijuana industry that it has prompted suspicion that industry players are writing policy to line their pockets.

The bill, which appears to be a sweeping and controversial overhaul, seeks to change licensing procedures and ease pesticide restrictions. It was drafted by Republican Colorado State Senator Randy Baumgardner, in tandem with the Colorado Cannabis Chamber of Commerce and the trade organization Marijuana Industry Group. The changes could put regulation and licensing Colorado’s marijuana industry in the hands of a few potentially high-profile, pro-big business individuals, and take the regulatory process away from the state’s larger enforcement division.

“I’ve heard a couple people argue that we knew that this was going to happen,” Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper said of the draft proposal. “That the profits coming from the marijuana industry would sooner or later push certain members of the industry to put profits above the safety of the public, and I think that’s a dangerous place for the industry to be in.”

Perhaps the most disconcerting piece of the draft legislation is that it would allow operators to remediate or ‘clean’ marijuana or marijuana products tainted by illegal pesticides; current law requires commercial marijuana found to have traces of illegal pesticide be destroyed.

The proposal would also allow growers to use an exempt pesticide that is labeled safe for human consumption under federal law. Right now, the Colorado Department of Agriculture does not recommend the use of any pesticide on marijuana, and has strict regulations regarding the use of pesticides for commercial marijuana production. Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper, who is a staunch opponent of pesticide use in commercial marijuana production, told the Durang Herald, “Some of the ones they use we can say with certainty are dangerous. If I was counsel for the marijuana industry, I would argue, you don’t want to take any risk at all.”

Lawmakers in the Colorado Senate have major reservations about the draft legislation proposal, as it was crafted with input by only the two industry groups.

Read More

R

!RA!

I read this one too Robrites, let's hope the senator doesn't do too much gardening up in Hick's baum. :moon:

2 Legal Co

Veteran

They changed out my water meter a few years ago (don't remember exactly), ostensibly to add 'remote' meter reading.

My elec. meter was changed out a year or so before that, for same reason.

You have to KNOW that the data is already sorted. Just pull up all the accounts that have the 'higher than your neighbors' on them. That's part of the reason I still use T5's. No use of AC, and I don't use a bunch of fans either. I'm only a 'personal use' grower, and stay under 1kw most of the time, so being labeled as 'high user' is surprising.

Mile Higher, and rambling again.

Shutting up now.v:)

Z

z-ro

Wow, you guys really have to be paranoid about high electric and water bills? Thats pretty crazy in this day and age, I know people with 15k residential electric bills that never had a problem. A friend has been trying to get me to leave norcal for pueblo. I used to fish the river in canyon city as a kid with grandpa. I keep telling him its not worth it. Some counties have banned outdoor growing here, but you're average garden is still 1-200lbs with many in the 500+, can you not do that in southern colorado I keep hearing about people doing outdoor there??

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The biggest problem in most of CO is a lack of vegetation that would otherwise provide cover around a grow from prying eyes.

S

SooperSmurph

On the whole subject of utility bills, I believe the key is simply keeping them paid and the power company happy, there are any number of home businesses that could easily suck up $1000+ in power per month, especially if they're using older, less efficient equipment. Some things that come to mind are pottery, wood working, welding, etc. An older HVAC system can be a huge money drain, washers/dryers, those commercials telling you to throw out your old beer fridge in the garage aren't just propaganda, those things suck down the juice, add in a couple big freezers from 10+ years ago and you'll be surprised by how high your bills get.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
:woohoo:
Wow, you guys really have to be paranoid about high electric and water bills? Thats pretty crazy in this day and age, I know people with 15k residential electric bills that never had a problem. A friend has been trying to get me to leave norcal for pueblo. I used to fish the river in canyon city as a kid with grandpa. I keep telling him its not worth it. Some counties have banned outdoor growing here, but you're average garden is still 1-200lbs with many in the 500+, can you not do that in southern colorado I keep hearing about people doing outdoor there??

I always look from the angle of: What constitutes "low hanging fruit" when it comes to the 'what if's' of growing.

Since I'm only a personal grower, I don't grow very many or very much. Further more since I'm retired and not looking for a job......

Hopefully 'my fruits' are not hanging too low!!!:laughing::laughing:

It'd take me a minute at least to figure out what to do with even a hundred pounds!

Here in Co. there are licenses to be dealt with. Once again too much Gov..... My opinion.

2 Legal Co

Veteran
On the whole subject of utility bills, I believe the key is simply keeping them paid and the power company happy, there are any number of home businesses that could easily suck up $1000+ in power per month, especially if they're using older, less efficient equipment. Some things that come to mind are pottery, wood working, welding, etc. An older HVAC system can be a huge money drain, washers/dryers, those commercials telling you to throw out your old beer fridge in the garage aren't just propaganda, those things suck down the juice, add in a couple big freezers from 10+ years ago and you'll be surprised by how high your bills get.

Very true. I had an old one at my 'Dog House', elec. is billed by the quarter.... I used to pay about $30 a quarter in the winter, replaced the Frig.. Now my bill is less than $10 a quarter (not billed if less than $10). Granted it's an 'apartment' sized frig...

Sparks are $.16 per KW up there.

Latest posts

Latest posts