What's new

NEW.BOG Preservation Project.

onegreenday

Veteran
I have always had uniform growth with original BOG seeds, and the incrosses have been nothing but spectacular.

Here are some Sour Bubble BX3 IX1, Grape Punch f2's, and Sweet Cindy 99 f2's in the veg room. They look just like the parents.

now that's a sweet garden
and spaced perfectly.
nice work.

Care Free 1

Veteran
Thanks guys, but all credit goes to BOG for his fine genetics. Many people will not understand how truely enjoyable these plants are to grow. I was mostly a sativa grower early on, but when I found BOG genetics were so easy to grow, and they met my medical need, they have dominated my growrooms since.

I understand that many sativa lovers think they might not like indica, but BOG's Bubblegum indica's have converted many sativa lovers.

And finally the long awaited answer everyone wanted to know for sure, YES there is Bubba Kush in Sour Bubble, from the man himself;

The question was asked, "does sour bubble have bubba kush in it"? The answer is yes and no. I selected sour bubble from bog bubble which was a pure bubblegum but what do you think bubblegum is. I think bubbakush is what Sour Bubble is if I were to catagorize it. BOG

Care Free 1

Veteran
I have some of Kryptonites pre98 Bubba Kush BX1 germing right now, so if they come up I'll run those next to the Sour Bubbles. Should be interesting to see how they compare.

Care Free 1

Veteran
Still no contact from Southwind. All I can say right now is God bless you, and I hope everything is OK.

Just thinking right now what will happen with the future of the BPP. I have been tasked with the preservasion of the strains that were given to me, and I believe I can fulfill that task sometime this year. The first run of incrosses for Sour Bubble is complete, and testing is starting on those to find really special plants from the breeding selections that were made.

With BOG in business right now in my home state, I dont believe it would be wise of me to assume I could sell the seeds I will create, so I will work toward just perserving the strains right now.

Just so everyone knows, much of the the product I have created so far has gone to many local people in my area that have been struggling to obtain seeds and meds due to the high cost of everything here in SoCal. You might think just because Cali is a legal Med state, then it should be easy to get meds, but the cost to get legal and stay legal, plus the cost of the meds can break the bank for many here. Cant charge it to your health plan.

A little off topic here, but I feel like ranting about the current seed situation.

I have a relatively small facility to grow and breed cannabis. I am finding it hard to believe that seed vendors, who have made it thier business to sell seed, cannot keep there shelfs stocked with thier most popular strains. With the cannabis plants ability to produce large amouts of seed, and with breeders knowledge of the techniques of growing, how can these vendors have little or no stock ALL THE TIME. Come on.

And also these seed companies need to realize that they need to get the product out early enough in the year so we can work with them outside. It does little good to start germing in summer months when your op is running outdoors.

OK off rant. Sorry

K.J

Kief Junkie's inhaling the knowledge!
Veteran
Bravo to you Care Free, for keeping these strains preserved. I hope someday BOG's genetics are available to all.

Care Free 1

Veteran
Thanks K.J

I'll do my best to keep them going until something happens.

Something interesting just came up that got me thinking. A neighbor just offered me a cut of Original Haze, full 16 week version. Saw the mother which looked very good, but had spider mites, so I declined.

I got to thinking though about crossing Sour Bubble (which is very couchy with some head), to the Original Haze. That might energizer the high a bit. Sour Bubble shows very strong in crosses, so purhaps it will still hold its Bubblegum indica dominance in the cross.

I'll see if I can afford a few packs TFD Original Haze right now for this hybrid. Bubblegum (very strong on the indica side) to a pure Haze (the extreme other side) might do well together. Something to think about.

Care Free 1

Veteran
Here are the latest Sour Bubble testers in the veg room yesterday. Cloudy and no sun for the last 2 days but happy under the MH lamp anyway.

Care Free 1

Veteran
I just started 40 more seedlings over the last couple weeks, and they are doing well outside from start due to the mild climate conditions. Right now I am vegging 65 plants with a 400 MH bulb at night and the sun by day. Very inexpensive to run a 400 watt bulb for 12-14 hours a day. On a side note, the new Lumintek 400 watt digital ballasts seem to work just as well as a 600 watt conventional ballast. Very clean light and they run much cooler.

Here are some of of the seedlings. Mostly other Sour Bubbles from new parents, but also:
Double Dutch x Hash Plant
C99
C99 x Deep Chunk
C99 x (Trainwreck x Thai)
(Trainwreck x Thai) x ECSD
Bubba Kush
Snow Dog
Blockhead
UK Cheese x Blockhead
and something very special in a wet paper towel I will reveal if they germ.

I would also like to thank grapepunched for his kind donation of 3 different packs of Sour Bubble for testing and evaluation. Those will be arriving soon.

It should be interesting to say the least.

irieeyes808

Well, I think BOG is back so hopefully we can get the show on once again, carefree nice work I like the free HPS outside as well keeps the bills down.

Care Free 1

Veteran
Thanks guys,

These Sour Bubble testers are turning out better than expected so far. They have not been fed yet (just plain ph adjusted tap water so far), so to be this aggressive growing, I would have to say the parent combo looks good so far. So far no doubt genuine Sour Bubble, both smell and look. They reek!!!

They are spitting out leaves very fast, and I can already take 4 clones off each plant if I want to. These are shaping up to be giant monster Sour Bubble plants. I am really liking these, and I might have to take these to another level.

Care Free 1

Veteran
Hi OD,

PH is a very important issue that many growers ignore, and the plants suffer. My organic soil is 6.5, so my goal is to maintain that level thoughout the grow. I keep the water PH level below 6.5 but not lower than 6.0.

I also use Dolomite Lime in my soil mixture for the nutrients, and as a buffer against low PH. My tap water is 7.4 PH, so I have to lower the levels for each watering.

Also when feeding nutrients, make sure you measure and adjust the PH after adding the nutrients, which do have an effect on PH levels.

Hope that helps,

CF1

O

olddrifter66

What is your mix? I have been pretty good about finding a good range for the PH, but there is always room for improvement. I find that with having many diff. strains...not all levels are =.

OD

HIGHRIDER

You know im not sure but, I think unless you are growing prue seeds from long ago that we are all growing strains that are related. Cousins you might say. I think if you really want that super duppa pheno, then pain staking selection is required. I am for one thankful that i am a blessed person and have the stains i do have. I know a ton of people who couldnt find strains like these if it was right in front of them.

Care Free 1

Veteran
What is your mix? I have been pretty good about finding a good range for the PH, but there is always room for improvement. I find that with having many diff. strains...not all levels are =.

OD

Hi OD,

In the early days I used common department store potting soil and it was adequate, but I found this nursury here in Cali that has E.B. Stone Organic products, which are very good quality. Only $9.00 a bag for 1.5 cu ft. I grow all my plants with this soil, and as long as I am able to maintain a soil PH of 6.5, this organic soil will crank out anything I throw at it. The key is not really the water PH, but maintaining the soil PH, which is fine tuned to work great at 6.5. I have had this soil tested in the lab before, during, and after grows for certain things such as PH and Nute levels, but that was many years ago.

Soil mixture:

4 gallons E.B Stone Organic Potting Soil
3-4 cups of large Fox Farm Perlite
@ 1/8 cup Blood Meal (can go stronger if you know your plants)
@ 1/8 cup Bone Meal (can go stronger if you know your plants)
4 tbls. Dolomite Lime pellets

Latest posts

Latest posts