What's new

NEW.BOG Preservation Project.

southwind

UPDATE [SMALL] OTF

UPDATE [SMALL] OTF

Kinderfeld said:
Good to hear you are well SW. Did you crack the sweet cindys yet? I know there aren't many but might be something good never know. Keep rollin man!

kindr

Soon..very soon...

Got back from the Outdoor Test Facility..had to hike in a 100 pounds of stuff in 2 hikes..a couple miles and its so hot.. 105 degrees..placed in generator and 5 fans..

extended roof to 2x height.

better humidity now that I did, and fans are working

applied potassium bicarbonate for mold.

well its almost over.

Cut all water, cut in nutrient level to objective 4, final phase..finishing with kelp, molasses and nettle.

PMAXX and GRV in 2ml per gal.

fans op at 200 fpm at cross wind, with roof extneders ON , improved height to 10 plus.

thai will fin last approx dec.

BG finishing in [now] and week /? +/-

SB pheno a finish
SOUR BUBBLE PHENOS C,B POLLINATED.

BOGGLEGUM 9 AND 2 POLLINATED WITH SBBX3 POLLEN.

LSD ALSO WITH SBBX3.

cut 6 plants.

Here is some Bogglegum Phenotype #2..God I wish I had even ONE Bogglegum MALE.

ah well ...

BOGGLEGUM:::::

my friends..

Last edited:
SW, thanks for taking on this important work. Like others have said, I got into this madness too late, but would love to grow some BOG gear sometime, so if I can help in any way please let me know (wow, really long sentence).

Best,

DM

Last edited:

southwind

hmm..

hmm..

dwtc said:
holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit thats some amazing looking bud, truly jaw dropping :jump:

SOUTHWIND
have you dropped any of that bogbubble yet? that SBBX3 sure looks tasty, great work my friend. can't wait to see whats next. let me know if ya need anything. hope you are feeling good.

stay safe,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,dwtc

Well ..good question..but the SBBX3 goes in the week...at least if schedule remains on track.

I had to go in to the hospital last night..but am much better.

The SBBX3 is being carefully grown as they are the last we have.

Also some GRAPE PUNCH of which we have very little.

CF1 is handling a few of each, and I am doing a few also.

##EDIT :THIS MAY CHANGE depending on CAREFREE1 's preference and input on what goes next.####

And then I need to find a male BOGGLEGUM or BOGBUBBLE.

and we have only maybe 4 seeds of BOGGLEGUM, if no males..then its back to trying to preserve BOGGLEGUM with BOGBUBBLE POLLEN if we get a BOGBUBBLE male or trying LOVELIGHTPOWER' s SILVER COLLOID.

Outdoor Test Facility.

Last edited:

trichosaurus

*Stoned User*
Veteran
Amazing job SW!

That 7 foot Elephant Thai looks like a monster. :jawdrop: And thats with BushMaster. WOW!!!
Cannot wait to see the GP if all goes as planned. And of course all the other BOG varieties. :D

Stay well friend. :ying:

O

olddrifter66

southwind said:

Glad you're feeling better...take it easy....please.

Amazing....looks like an albino phoenix.....nicely done.

OD

Last edited:
O

olddrifter66

Come on P.....Don't kick a man when he's down. :asskick:
Those seeds would be a godsend to the project.

That's a lovely out door garden, I sure wish I had some land. The out door thing is some time away for me. But oh My God do I look Forward to it. Just had to give you major Props SouthWind.
Peace and Health
tb7
Care free 1, that is one lovely BMR Cola you have there and ........Well I just love them all keep em commin'.
tb7

Care Free 1

Veteran
I agree, Southwind that is some amazing work you did with that outdoor grow.

I am looking forward to cranking up the Sour Bubble again this year for obvious reasons. Here is a BX3 clone starting to do its thing.

Bluesboy

southwind said:

Southwind what kind of flowers are these? they are so beautiful. I would love to try some in my little outdoor garden, can you set me up with some info? thanks Southwind, stay well.

Bluesboy

southwind

Brugmansia

Brugmansia

Bluesboy said:
Southwind what kind of flowers are these? they are so beautiful. I would love to try some in my little outdoor garden, can you set me up with some info? thanks Southwind, stay well.

Bluesboy

Greetings;

The plants pictured are Brugmansia Sanguinea and Brugmansia Candida X Alba

They are of the Solanacea genus and used to be included in the Datura family but after some new modern taxonomy work were changed to Brugmansia.

Depending on where you live they can do quite well, but need protection from overhead frost.

They need alot of fertilizers during entire lifetime, but less in winter to keep new growth to a minimum as new growth is more sensitive.

I have grown them for over 25 years, they are commonly called Angels trumpet and were a favorite subject of Georgia O'keefe' in her artwork.
#####################################
FROM TRADEWINDS FRUIT
Medium sized shrub producing 12-16" trumpet shaped red/yellow flowers.

Description: Small or medium sized shrub, usually to 10-15ft.

Hardiness: Will stand short frosts, but generally does best in areas where the temperature rarely drops below 32F.

Growing Environment: Grows well in part shade, or in cool climates, full sun. Plant likes regular water, especially when growing. All plant parts are highly poisonous and should never be injested. Large trumpet flowers open downward and bloom for most of the year. The red angel's trumpet grows somewhat better in cooler but near frost free climates, e.g. the San Francisco Bay Area, although it will grow in the tropics, flowering may be limited.

Propagation: By seed, by cuttings.

Uses: Plant is commonly grown as an ornamental for its flowers.

Native Range: Native to Peru.

you can go here for seeds of Sanguinea..
http://www.tradewindsfruit.com/red_angels_trumpet.htm
#################

HAVE FUN

SW

This is my Brugmansia "Aurea Pink"

this is DATURA METEL

Last edited:
W

Wunderkind

you grow Datura? Ever thought about eating the seeds? :muahaha:

(seriously don't)

southwind

Notes from 9-21-08

Notes from 9-21-08

NOTES;

SBBX3 seeds in CF1 hands.
EDIT SEEDS NOT THERE
Pollen arrived and 2nd batch also.

pollinated SBBX3 3 phenotypes.

pollinated Bogglegum #2, #9.

Partner killed LIFESAVER X SOUR BUBBLE cross.

neglect.

water line breached and not fixed, sprayed flowers, rot ensued, partner did not repair in time.

breach in lines to spring, panther pug marks at spring, appears to be hunting a larger animal, maybe deer, rates breach 3 ,6, and 10 lines.

main line holds.

roof extensions have reduced humidy and increased height to 10 plus feet.

fans in place, generator in place, fuel present from hike dated 4-23-07.

spider mites, sprayed.
white fly spray.
larvae spray.

bird trapped, damaged to agri, and some tops.

############

fertilizers.

controls discarded in situ house.
will use 3rd loc for control observation.

partner ferted controls rendering experiment invailid.

###

ferts discon on fin specs

pmax, bsmstr, on thai discon.

pmax , molass, kelp,a and b on rest.

SOUR BUBBLE some henos fini early, Bogglegum finishing,swt x bg still increasing size rapidly.

top dressed bone meal and dry flower nutes have been effective.

not using fert injector as flower size is too big anyway, any more increase in size /yield will have negative consequence of mold, bud rot.

L.S.D. Is slower than expected.

but still outstrips any other control sativa.

sweet tooth is still gaining, will run till oct-nov??

thain may not fin till dec.

all water is cut off , only spot treated for drip, too much humidity.

ferts only at 1/4 strength.

winding down now.

will pull all.

exec date as per my instruct.

end.

###

Last edited:

southwind

Blue Moon Rocks

Blue Moon Rocks

Care Free 1 said:
More Blue Moon Rocks bubblegum candy. So sweet tasting I could hardly believe it!!!

Well...I have been looking forward to growing BMR since it first came out...but it makes me wonder seeing photos like these if I should just have CF1 grow them.

I just dont know if I can top his stuff.

Great Job as always.

Hope all are well.

SW

O

olddrifter66

Care Free 1 said:
BMR definately combines that Bubblegum sweetness with a fruity flavor. Combine a little of this in a bowl with Sour Bubble and it's out of this world good.

Incredible....very nice.

How many days in flower are these?
did you do anything different from how you do SB?
Is this a typical pheno?
Will you adopt me.....dad? I promise to mow the "lawn"

Sorry for all these questions.

xen_dau

Back after long Haitus

Back after long Haitus

Nice thread to find after being gone for a couple/few years. I will definately be subscribing to this thread! I will add pics of my girls as I have them.

I have 2 Grape Punch females outside right now (with 2 SOL SWT#3).

I also have 10 beans of Lifestar BX1 still.