What's new

New 8KW stealth Coco chip grow!

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
Thanks guys! Yeah, it's pretty nuts in there, just having to do a lot of manual temperature control right now with these 32*F nights!

Insane man, I have it so good down here. I recently was up north and man, I couldn't believe it when I saw heaters in their grows..
My grow is getting pretty cold now that you mention, my leaves are turning more purple than usual on some plants. Your garden looks amazing! you definitely have a green thumb! KISS formula awesome!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Thanks buddy, much appreciated!

Yep, unadulterated FFOF, AN Sensi nutes, only additives are DM Zone and some peroxide to each res, and a weekly foliar feeding with DM Penetrator, MAX and Liquid light. At the end of flower I'll add some Koolbloom powder to each res, and maybe some Gravity/PurpleMaxx.

redspaghetti

love machine
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whats up Lazyman ... hope you had a great Christmas and hopefully stay high enough !!
Those pics look superb bro!

Cheers,

ajc0k

jackpot huh? i see that all the time at grassroots in the city lol.. im guessing it's jack herer x pot of gold? smells like jack herer all day, sativa.. nice grow props!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Thanks guys, the Jackpot is actually Afghani Trainwreck (Afwreck) X Sensi Mr Nice (G13X Hashplant.)

My buddy made up the name, but it doesn't have any Jack in it.

hdn155

hope all is goin well LM. been lurkin for a while. learned alot and still learning.
happy new year, lookin forward to your next update.

fizzy187

Hey Lazyman, absolutely inspiring room there mate!
I read the first few pages and realised you came to a overwatering issue.. What watering scedule did you settle for?
I got a majjor tribulation on my hands :watchplant: im in coir with a little perlite and ebb&gro.. What ec/ppm do you idle at in 12/12?

Cheers in advance!

Uncle Remus

Just browsed this thread...Not trying to be a jackoff but, thats a shitload of equipment and nutes and stuff to be considered "low income"...Just to ask, but whats the limit to be "low income" there, 100k??? Plus your "buying" clones from friends???

And this is a rental unit...So every 6 months you break it all down, remove it, get inspected, then start all over again???

SHEESH...You peeps over there in Cali got it made in the shade...I'm gonna try to talk the old lady into moving there...DAMN I could make a fortune just by selling clones, wouldn't even have to flower anything...Unreal !!!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
hope all is goin well LM. been lurkin for a while. learned alot and still learning.
happy new year, lookin forward to your next update.

Thanks hdn, I'll try to take some new pics tonight, they're doing really well! Buds are getting huge, not even at 4 weeks yet.

Happy New Year to you and yours!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Hey Lazyman, absolutely inspiring room there mate!
I read the first few pages and realised you came to a overwatering issue.. What watering scedule did you settle for?
I got a majjor tribulation on my hands :watchplant: im in coir with a little perlite and ebb&gro.. What ec/ppm do you idle at in 12/12?

Cheers in advance!

I ended up watering about every 2-3 days typically, coco wicks so well that even a few inches of water in a flood will SOAK the plants. They were happier when not always soaked, and the less you water the fewer fungus gnats you'll have.

PPM's depends on nutes and your starting water, on my AN Sensi two part tables, the strain I had liked around 1000PPM, but my starting water is 470ppm (Well water.) So adding 500-600 PPM of nutes on top of that isn't actually that much, but other strains like way more food. Try to feed until you see a bit of leaf tip burn or clawing, then back it off a little. This amount will vary from week to week, but not by much. I like salts of 900-1200 PPM in most of flower, but I also foliar feed so they get fed a lot.

Hope that helps!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
707 WEST COUNTY GROWERS ASSOCIATION!!!
hey bro im lovin your work mine is so simular.
first run at 6k in coco

Thanks man, hell yeah WEST SOIDE!! :D

Grats on the 6k bro, quite different than anything smaller eh? I regret ever doing anything but soil and tables though, to be honest. It is so simple, and low maintenance, and the results make me giggle like a schoolgirl!

keep it up lazyman, it looks like your efficiency in production is increasing every time! btw Remus, it takes 8kw's just to pay bills your bills in Sonoma County, clones will not pay for the cost of living, unless ur selling a couple hundred of the best everyday with top genetics! Lazyman, are your clones acquired from the clubs or private patients?

REP. 707

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Just browsed this thread...Not trying to be a jackoff but, thats a shitload of equipment and nutes and stuff to be considered "low income"...Just to ask, but whats the limit to be "low income" there, 100k??? Plus your "buying" clones from friends???

And this is a rental unit...So every 6 months you break it all down, remove it, get inspected, then start all over again???

SHEESH...You peeps over there in Cali got it made in the shade...I'm gonna try to talk the old lady into moving there...DAMN I could make a fortune just by selling clones, wouldn't even have to flower anything...Unreal !!!

Equipment out here is getting cheaper, but yeah there's probably 8-10K in gear in there, just what's in use. I buy clones for $3 apiece now, which is more economical than having a separate mother.clone room when you factor in your time to cut 100 a month.

Inspections are now annual at least, but yeah I did have to break down and set up again 6 months after move in. This is my last run at this spot, and then it gets broken down and moved to be part of my new 16K op.

But yeah, clone sellers typically get $10 a piece for them even in Northern california, more for big clones/teenagers. It's considered riskier to do so on the black market than to vend to clubs, but I'm told most clubs buy clones more readily than herb. Better way to go all around.

You will have more plants than you could ever have doctors recommendations in your collective though, so you'll never be legal as just a clone farm.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
keep it up lazyman, it looks like your efficiency in production is increasing every time! btw Remus, it takes 8kw's just to pay bills your bills in Sonoma County, clones will not pay for the cost of living, unless ur selling a couple hundred of the best everyday with top genetics! Lazyman, are your clones acquired from the clubs or private patients?

REP. 707

Thanks brother! Yep, hoping I can go from 2, to 4, to 12 pounds on this run/setup. Stupid coco chips and non-stretching genetics, lol!

Yeah, I think you have to have a GOOD 6KW setup minimum to pay the bills out here, but 8 is safer. Never know when you can't sell anything for months, or you have a 2 pound run that barely pays your power bills.

I think you're right on the clones, it's gotta be a few hundred a month if selling on Craigslist, or twice that many selling to clubs for $5 each. It can be done for sure, but you'll have a lot of flakes, orders of 10, and other BS that will test your patience.

I get my clones from patients in my collective, the only strains in the club are things other people are growing, and I usually don't do that. I prefer very select genetics thanks to a couple trusty patients in my collective. They make sure I'm well stocked with the best cuts of the best phenos, usually!

It's when I need 2-300 at a time when sometimes you have to take what you can get. Glad to be moving away from that, too unreliable to get clones that way and a mother room to do so would kinda suck.

equipment is the cheapest part around here, its the clones and utilities that get ya! PG&E needs some type of stock investment program for growers like us that are keeping them alive with 16Kw a piece, lol. How are u supposed to sell or grow 200+ clones per week when ur recommendation only covers 30 plants, this is why some of us grow trees.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Very good job sir!
Clean and nice.
Waiting for more pics :)

Keep it up!

Hey I forgot I took pics a few days ago, and made some bubble hash too!

And about 36 grams of bubble hash out of 6 pounds of trim! Such a waste, I'm going back to ISO, found it for $19 a gallon online for 99%.

i felt the same way with my bubble bags, i just need the damn machine, nothing is easy with 6lbs of shake but it seems with ISO your separating much more THC for your $$$. Nice pics

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Yeah I have the damn machine, and though it works fine, bubble hash in general is less pure and more wasteful than ISO, which damn near guarantees full extraction. Bubble bags can't ever knock off every trichome and catch every head. Pffft.

Latest posts

Latest posts