What's new

New 8KW stealth Coco chip grow!

Thanks buddy, right now I've got about 12-20 2' tall plants per light, but I'm gonna have to lower my tables, that'll be a ball, lol. They're just gonna get too big and I'm gonna need the height.

Yep AN Sensi nutes both sides this time, I'm at 1100 ppm right now, ph 6.2 or so, and FFOF. Stupid simple, this is how I "usually" grow. ;)

So you're about 6 weeks in eh? I hope you kick ass in the yield bro, how many did you fit in there?

I ended up with more than I needed, gave a few teenagers away to make some space. I think if you veg 2-3 weeks, 150 fills 8 4X4's pretty well. If I was doing a 1 week veg I think I'd put 36 per tray wuth a good indica strain, sinething compact and narrow.
Yeah we got about 80 in our little room. We are putting coco beds in after this one so we can get closer to 150. Only problem is we have had our Blue Dream and Sour Diesel vegging for over a month. Topped 3 times now. LOL. We will see. We are 7 weeks today and the yield is ehhh... I dont know. Its decent. CLose to the lb per. That Emperor Kush sounds really really good man. Keep it updated man and let sukka know where to find that cut.. LOL.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Thanks Burnedout, I can't wait to try it myself! Gonna be February before I get pics of the new spot up, this is my last 8KW run here and it goes back to being an outbuilding. It's gonna be SO weird having an offsite grow, new to me anyway.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Christ it's cold, I went in last night and moved a bunch of girls around, lowered two tables 16", and built another table alongside a "row." Now I've got 24 girls kinda on the sidelines, just catching stray light from the 4KW right next to them.

Put in a 15K BTU propane heater last night, and plugged in a 1500 watt heater (on a timer for dark hours.) It got up to 62 last night with the heater and all 8 lights on, and dropped down to 49 this morning. Girls all look pissed, tops and leaves all kinda hanging sadly. I think I need a bigger propane heater for the night and a second electric heater for the daytime, just to keep it about 50. I hope this cold snap ends soon!

The temp differential does make me think about doing a flip flop in my new spot, so I'll always have some heat. Maybe I'll just do flipflop in the winter and do all the lights on at once in the summer (daytime temps can get over 90*F here.)

Cracks me up that ~35K BTU of heat (lights and heaters) can't keep my room warm enough!

Dhude

Lookin good Lazyman.

That purple Mr. Nice, if the same cut that was down south last year, kicks out the most colorful purple herb I've ever seen. Taste and potency were really lacking IMO, but my goodness the bag appeal is unreal. I actually bought some last year as a taste tester, because even though the purple doesn't do anything for me, the market loves it. Will love to see it finishing up, especially with cool temps.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Thanks guys!

Yeah it's Mendo Purps X Sensi Mr Nice, which is G13XHashplant. I smoked some before I ordered the cuts, and it was damn good stuff. I'll admit my buddy who grew it is a better grower than I am, but then again most of you probably are, lol. It was nice and purple though, and frosty. So far it's not stretching in flower much, so it's a good thing I packed in a ton of them.

The Jackpot (AfwreckXShiva Skunk) is stretching a bit, but these cold temps probably just put a stop to that. I also need to get some 500w aquarium heaters for the tanks, they're under 50*F now and that's too cold. I'd prefer 69*F.

Now if I just had some damn money....

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
Awesome Lazyman, loving the ebb/flow in the coco chips! SageXSOur is one of my favorite flowers of all times, where did you get that cut? and the Chem D, man some genetics to drool over there. Great show!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Got it from a breeder in Oakland, but it was a good while ago so both cuts are sadly long gone. He never steers me wrong though, the Emperor Kush is supposed to be some of the best stuff he's ever had, so I'm following that line for sure. ;)

Just got back from the hydro store, picked up a couple replacement tray fittings (that I snapped when lowering them) a couple pallets to set the rezzies on, 50' of 1/2" watering hose (mine was too short) and a couple 350w rezzie heaters. Hopefully I can get them back up to 69* tonight! I turned off all my fans, closed my windows and shutter vent, and am trying to seal the building up as tightly as I can.

I'm worried that my propane heater was pumping out CO into the room, so I did a quick air exchange before I closed it up today. Will pick up a Co detector on my way home so I can verify if it's CO or the cold that's got my girls pissed off. :(

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Aha! I was juyst reading some white papers on carbon monoxide and plants (like http://archive.lib.msu.edu/tic/its/articles/1993jou649.pdf) and found that plants convert CO to CO2. They are much better at it with the lights on than in the dark, but it seems unlikely my little heater filled the room with enough CO to cause toxicity. My bet is on the cold, but I'm getting a CO monitor anyway for safety's sake.

I just noticed all my outdoor potted plants (except the roses) have been killed by the freeze. Weird to see a fern with semi-transparent foliage, looks like it's made of dark translucent plastic.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Here's some pics I took last night after I lowered the tables:

Low tables next to my old high tables

Canopies now have some room to stretch

My sidelighting experiment, 2 dozen PMN on the side, just getting "spare" light. It's 2 4X8 plywood tables, with two tiers of little bushes on them:

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
Looking sweet man, the leaves in the first pic are so fat and green, the plants look really happy, nice job getting the heaters, this winter seems colder than ever and early, I remember previous year's frosts here were more in January, these last couple days down here have been freezing too, frost and shit..Your setup is looking really nice!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Thanks man, yeah it's still a challenge to keep it above 55*F, but with the lights on it's back into the low 60's at least. Burnt 20 gallons of propane in 2 days, I have 3 tanks left but man this is gonna get expensive. Might have to build me a "tent" over half the room to keep some heat in out of Panda or something, sucks with an 18' gabled ceiling and little insulation though. Closing the windows helped a lot. I hope the upcoming week of rain will stabilize temps and keep the nights warmer.

Peeked in on them this morning and they were looking a bit wilted again, time to add a second 1500w heater for the daytime I guess. Damn!

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Hey Bro-

Just wanted to let you know I've been reading all along, finally decided to say whats up.

Interesting thing about the Digis + Eye bulbs. I read this EVERYWHERE yet I'm running 8 lights just like you and have all Eye's and not one has died on me. I don't get it. Maybe because of the 8 light controller I have? No clue. What I do know is if they do start dying I'm def switching to Ushio.

Very jealous your up in Sonoma, I wanna move up there so bad.

I'll throw some more pics up soon in the CCC Sub Forum, I'm back to big bushes like you did on your first run, should be interesting.

Peace man.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Cool deal man, good to see ya Headiez.

Yeah a real SOG kinda was a pain, I think to do it right you'd need:

1 gallon pots or smaller
64 plants per 4X4 tray
Monocrop a single short indica strain, tall and narrow

I think this way you could get a half oz per plant and 2# a light, but for me that would be 512 clones, too many even at $5 a pop. I think a 2-3 week veg time is better than the 5-14 day veg, and I can fill a 4X4 with 9-12 plants that way. I had to do the SOG since I didn't have time to veg at my current spot, but that's all changing. :)

Congrats on the bulbs man, I wish I had your luck! Some of mine only lasted a few weeks, maybe it's the Quantum ballasts? I use CAP MLC-8t relays...

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Oh yeah I just got two more recs, so I can legally grow up to 270 plants and up to 900 square feet of canopy (!)

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Congrats on the bulbs man, I wish I had your luck! Some of mine only lasted a few weeks, maybe it's the Quantum ballasts? I use CAP MLC-8t relays...

I have the MLC-8x basically the same thing minus the environmental controls (run CO2 with a Fuzzy Logic.)

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Hmm so it's probably not the relay (the 8t just has a built-in timer,nothing more) what ballasts are you using? If you say Lumatek I'm gonna choke, lol

humble1

crazaer at overgrow 2.0
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey there Lazyman!
Like headiez247 I've also been lurking on your thread for some time.
Like headiez247 I'm running eye bulbs on digital ballasts.
My veg area runs 18/6: one MH 1k on a Quantum ballast and another MH 1k on a Nextgen
same bulbs have been running for months.......
hope that helps!
happy holidaze!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
LOL, ok I must have some bad electricity then! Not a damn thing I can do about it I guess, well, I can move!

Thanks guys, hey Merry Christmas you lovely bastards! ;)

Ok gotta go back to work...