What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevil's haze x Panama, Purple Satellite, Honduran x Panama, OTH Outdoors/Greenhouse

SolarLogos

Hi SolarLogos,

Sorry for not chine in lately in your thread .... i've been extremely busy last weeks and haven't had much time to reply this room until now, but i've been following in silence your progresses in this lovely thread ;) i appreciate a lot your detailed and frequent updates :yes:

Regarding the colors on the Oldtimer's Hazes: small clones can show deficiencies (which can produce red and purple pigmentation in stems, especially with colder temps) until they have fully established their root system and they can start to absorb correctly all the range of nutrients in the right temps.

Based on my experience, All the Oldtimer's Haze phenos grow completely green until the first half of flowering. Purple Haze Oldtimer's Haze phenos start to show their colors in the second half of flowering when the temps go down, especially outdoors. While the Green Hazes remain green until the end regardless of the temps, many of them finishing with yellow/golden colors at the very end of flowering.

The Honduras x Panamas are all very well and strongly structured, with great branching and desirable yet manageable node length. Most seem to have good Panama influence so far, but we will need to wait until they are more advanced into flowering to evaluate better their traits.

The Nevil's Haze x Panama is showing great vigor and long legs. So far She is more Haze influenced than Panama or NL, at least in growth and in early flowering.

It's a good idea to flower first indoors clones of the plants you are running outside so you can identify the parental plants of each strain that you like the most so you can focus on those to make seeds or to give them more space and resources outdoors.

Wish you and yours are doing great :huggg:
Greetings my dear friend, it's good to see things slowed down for you. These plants have been such a joy to grow, I cannot thank you enough for these strains and for the work you do, God bless you my friend!
Thank you for all the information on the OTH, I'm still holding out hope now for a purple haze female. Out of the 5 seeds, I ended up with 3 males and 2 females. OTH female #4 is my favorite, with the long slender leaves. These plants are so beautiful, they can take their time flowering, I don't mind. They can hang out in my garden as long as they like. I've never grown anything quite like them. I decided to increase the feeding across the board to all the plants, so everything is at 1250 ppm of organic bloom nutrients. The OTH loved it and are happy. At this amount, all of the plants have a beautiful green to them.
Honduran x Panama: Of the 7 plants, I have noticed two pheno types. HP #1 and 2 are columnar with medium internode spacing. I feel the structure of the plant comes from the Honduran side. The main stems are thick, right up to the tip of the main stem or branch. The large wide fan leaves look more panama. #1 smells the strongest, like skunk with a lot of lemon in the background. #2 is pine and lemon. The second pheno, #3 (the one I have in the ground with the net over it), #4,5, 6 &7 are shorter, more compact, shorter internode spacing, much thinner main stems and branches. The leaves are narrower and shorter. Smells are a lot more subtle with more fruity smells and of course lemon. It will be interesting to smoke and see what, if any difference there is between them.
Neville's Haze x Panama: I too felt that Neville's Haze dominated in this cross, thank you for your confirmation. I have her in a 25 gallon pot (87 liters) and she wants more room. She is also a hungry plant, keeping up easily with the HxP.
Thanks again for stopping by and the great vibes!:thank you:
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

I was so caught up into my own grow that i didnt noticed you had one too. the OTH is probably the only hybrid that really interest me as of right now due to his history and seeing it gowing outdoors is so pleasing to see. also knowing you are a big fan of the honduran, it will also be very interesting to see how you will transform it. great job, they look huge and very beautiful, i wish one day to be able to grow as beautiful plants as yours and in the sun
Greetings ikinokori. Thank you for your kind words, you are very thoughtful.:thank you: Hopefully, more governments will come to their senses and legalize this sacred plant, so everyone can freely grow outdoors in the natural sun. You are young my friend, I am sure you will see it happen in your lifetime. In the mean time, you are growing top shelf weed, I've seen your grows! Keep up the great work and thanks for stopping by!
Peace, God bless

ikinokori

Greetings ikinokori. Thank you for your kind words, you are very thoughtful.:thank you: Hopefully, more governments will come to their senses and legalize this sacred plant, so everyone can freely grow outdoors in the natural sun. You are young my friend, I am sure you will see it happen in your lifetime. In the mean time, you are growing top shelf weed, I've seen your grows! Keep up the great work and thanks for stopping by!
Peace, God bless

i hope so. thank you

Just managed to catch up on this thread and all I can say is wow. Impressive stuff mate. I would love to be able to do what you do SolarLogos. :bow: You have a true cultivators spirit and the passion to go with it. I’ve grown outdoors a few times in my life and I love the vibe. So beautiful to see cannabis thriving in nature.

I have my eye on the Neville’s haze x Panama and OTH. I think we must have similar taste my friend. :woohoo:

SolarLogos

Just managed to catch up on this thread and all I can say is wow. Impressive stuff mate. I would love to be able to do what you do SolarLogos. :bow: You have a true cultivators spirit and the passion to go with it. I’ve grown outdoors a few times in my life and I love the vibe. So beautiful to see cannabis thriving in nature.

I have my eye on the Neville’s haze x Panama and OTH. I think we must have similar taste my friend. :woohoo:
It's funny you mentioned passion. I recently told a friend, passion is the key to success in whatever you do in life. Everyone on these boards grows amazing cannabis, why? Because everyone is very passionate about it. When you are passionate, there is no labor or tedious work. Thank you very much for your kind words my friend. It all starts with great genetics. Given a healthy environment and a little care and nature is doing the rest.
The real hard work is you indoor growers. You guys are putting out phenomenal bud which I think, requires a lot more skills and work than what I'm doing outdoors. I know, I grow indoors, but don't put as much into it as you guys, but don't grow indoor bud like you guys either.
To be honest, I'm just as excited about the purple satellite and Honduran x Panama, especially I have a pheno of HxP that has the strongest incense smell of any plant I have ever come across and I've had quite a few. I guess the smoke test will narrow down my favorites:biggrin:
Thanks for stopping by and again, thank you for your kindness.:huggg:
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

OTH

OTH

OTH are going into a nice stretch. My favorite, OTH 4 is about 6 foot tall from soil and bushy. Her long branches are stacking up very tightly, with very little spacing between early flowering. Interesting, she is really fattening up her stems. Here is a picture of one of her side branches about 14 inches from the top

I was hoping to manage her height and get her a little more bushy, but there is only so much I can do, she doesn't want to be tamed too much.

She is getting 1200-1300 ppm of organic liquid bloom formula every 2-3 days, with a little extra N every other feeding, otherwise her leaves turn yellow.
Temperatures have been in the mid-90's to 100F, with this weekend forecasted to be 106 Saturday and Sunday. They have been drinking water every day, sometimes twice a day.
Today, we are at 14 hours 20 minutes of daylight.
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Honduran x Panama female clone-indoors

Honduran x Panama female clone-indoors

Here are a few of the girls in the flower room. They were put in at 10.5/13.5 light schedule 6 weeks ago, but didn't start flowering until 2.5 weeks ago. Here is the group, HP 2, 3 and 4 from left to right:

HP 4 has the strongest incense of any plant I've smelled so far, with a hint of lemon (not candy lemon, more like essential oil) in the background.

HP3

I will try to get weekly shots of the clones up now that they are well into flower. Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Honduran x Panama Sex Reversal

Honduran x Panama Sex Reversal

I made my own colloidal silver, using the 9 volt battery and two pure silver dollars I purchased for this purpose. My meter read that it was only 44 ppm, but I'm pretty sure it was more than that. I ran it for 3 days, going through 2 new heavy duty batteries. The color is a dark grey, almost looking black. I spray the clones each evening. I started spraying 10 days before going into flower (10.5/13.5). I continued spraying each evening and it's been 20 days since flipping them into flower. I have a couple pollen sacks on HxP2, my big girl outdoors (edit: I meant to say, the indoor clone of the big HxP mom that is outdoors). This is more a trial run to see which strains can be flipped using CS and how long. I have gibberelic acid as a back up.

I've got small pollen sacks forming on the Neville's Haze x Panama, a purple satellite, and another HxP.
I've been collecting pollen from my males, mixing in oven dried wheat flour, then drying the pollen/flour mixture in it in jars of pre-oven dried rice, before storing the pollen in 1.5 ml microcentrifuge tubes and storing the tubes in a thermos with silica packs in the freezer. I will keep you posted on how this evolves. Hoping to make some fun crosses.
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

Last edited:

Tangwena

Veteran
That OTH is going to be seen above your houses roof ha ha. Thats huge the buds are going to have some strong blood in them.
You will have some real deal haze to play with there man amazing what the sun can do.

Anjey

Hi Solar, pretty cool stuff beautiful plants, nice that you are making the colloidal silver I appreciate you posting your attempts. Forced rodelization interesting so useful but hard for me to wrap my head around it in a way that makes me feel good. Also you are a very nice fellow here and I appreciate that too :)

Thought about the logos, can I ask what you think of this quote? If you feel it would be enjoyable to write about.

SolarLogos

Hi Solar, pretty cool stuff beautiful plants, nice that you are making the colloidal silver I appreciate you posting your attempts. Forced rodelization interesting so useful but hard for me to wrap my head around it in a way that makes me feel good. Also you are a very nice fellow here and I appreciate that too :)

Thought about the logos, can I ask what you think of this quote? If you feel it would be enjoyable to write about.
Thank you for your kind words my friend. I've also enjoyed your grows very much and have learned a lot from your posts. Thanks you very much.:tiphat:
I wanted to use the giberellic acid, but couldn't find much information on how much, when to use before/after flip, etc.
I figured if I document what I do here, maybe it will help someone else who is trying to figure this out for the first time, like myself.
Regarding the logos, I will pm you.
Thank you again my friend
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Thank you for your kind words my friend. I've also enjoyed your grows very much and have learned a lot from your posts. Thanks you very much.:tiphat:
I wanted to use the giberellic acid, but couldn't find much information on how much, when to use before/after flip, etc.
I figured if I document what I do here, maybe it will help someone else who is trying to figure this out for the first time, like myself.
Regarding the logos, I will pm you.
Thank you again my friend
Peace, God bless
Here is an updated picture of Honduran x Panama reversing with CS, she is starting to stack up balls in the crown. I've been spraying every night for 32 nights (10 nights before flipping them 10.5/13.5, each night since for the past 22 nights). The other clones from all of these strains took 3 weeks to start to flower, so I assume that is why I have been spraying them for so long. I will probably be spraying my OTH clones for half a year:biggrin: I plan to continue right up until they are ready to drop pollen.

Sorry, I took 3 pictures and this was the best one. I will keep this updated as often as necessary until we get pollen from each clone, if not, I will try something else. Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

That OTH is going to be seen above your houses roof ha ha. Thats huge the buds are going to have some strong blood in them.
You will have some real deal haze to play with there man amazing what the sun can do.
I hope you're right my friend. I have a clone of her in the flower room and I kept 2 clones of her in the veg room. I wish she was done stretching her legs, but I don't think so.
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

F2F

Solarlogos,

Phenomenal! The NH x P is astonishing. Definitely would be a monster started early and put in the ground. Do you think she might finish a little earlier though being in a pot? Might be a good thing.

SolarLogos

Solarlogos,

Phenomenal! The NH x P is astonishing. Definitely would be a monster started early and put in the ground. Do you think she might finish a little earlier though being in a pot? Might be a good thing.

Greetings F2F. Thank you very much, that's very kind of you. I have to say, it's Dubi's work, Dubi's soil recipe, Dubi's feed recommendations, etc., I'm just a middleman:biggrin:
I had the same idea as you, start this girl indoors New Years day, greenhouse end of February with a few hours of LED light in the evening (to prevent flower), then putting her in the ground in May. She would be an absolute beast! You and I think alike:tiphat:
These days, I'm not concerned with quantity, in fact, I try to keep my plant height to a minimum, I seem to sleep better that way.
I put this girl in a 14 gallon (53 Liter) pot, but she has grown out of it and has not liked it for the past 2.5 weeks. If she finishes sooner, it's ok, otherwise everything goes into the greenhouse.
Thanks for stopping by, I appreciate your comments and great questions.
Peace, God bless

F2F

I had the same idea as you, start this girl indoors New Years day, greenhouse end of February with a few hours of LED light in the evening (to prevent flower), then putting her in the ground in May. She would be an absolute beast! You and I think alike:tiphat

Hi Solarlogos - I was simply parroting what u said previous regarding early start for beasts.

Regarding yield, I grow guerilla mostly so I'm usually trying to get the most out of my plants. Lately I've been taking the approach of fewer, but bigger holes as opposed to pushing yield with nutes etc. Amazing the difference it has made. This one would explode in my plot!!! :trampoline::trampoline:

Either way, I've read/followed lots of your work with Ace gear and you have to take some credit, Cuz we've all seen some darn good work you've put up.

Cheers
F2F

SolarLogos

Hi Solarlogos - I was simply parroting what u said previous regarding early start for beasts.

Regarding yield, I grow guerilla mostly so I'm usually trying to get the most out of my plants. Lately I've been taking the approach of fewer, but bigger holes as opposed to pushing yield with nutes etc. Amazing the difference it has made. This one would explode in my plot!!! :trampoline::trampoline:

Either way, I've read/followed lots of your work with Ace gear and you have to take some credit, Cuz we've all seen some darn good work you've put up.

Cheers
F2F
Thank you F2F, that is a very kind thing for you to say. Just goes to show you, with Ace's genetics anyone can look good:biggrin::tiphat:
I would think you can get a pretty decent yield out of this girl if you're focusing on less holes/bigger yield per plant. We'll know for sure, because I will post dry trimmed weight at the end. If you decide to grow these girls guerilla, I for one would be subbed!
The NHxP: I put her seed in the ground on April 5. I topped her May 11, leaving 3 nodes. I continued pinching off her tops every 3 nodes until the two branches at the end nodes started off-setting, which was about 3 weeks ago, pinching the tops for about 4 weeks. Other than feed/water, she has been easy and trouble free. I haven't had any problems yet with any pests, so far!
Thanks again F2F
Peace, God bless

Tangwena

Veteran
Not only do they make you look good but you feel you know what your doing or at least thats how they make me feel ha ha.
Top shelf ganja.

F2F

I will have to get hold of the NH x P ASAP before it disappears.

Seems a lot of precious strains slip away Or are at least go on the "endangered species list". (Original Nevilles haze, first runs of SSH, Mullumbimby madness, those exotic and special thais (juicy fruit, chocolate, etc), Acapulco Gold, Oaxaca, C5 haze, A5 haze, to name a few).

Love that Dubi has found a way to bring some of these genetics into his stable in a way that lets us get a glimpse of these oldtime greats!

I'm rooting for the NH x P!!!

J

jaded1

Lovely looking garden Solar bro!Cant wait to see what you get from the nh x p,i've just started a few of them.
Hopefully a few more panama/dutch haze x's will be released at some point,they excite me a lot more than the malawi x's(did get them both though and have started a couple of smh)