What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevil's haze x Panama, Purple Satellite, Honduran x Panama, OTH Outdoors/Greenhouse

SolarLogos

I will have to get hold of the NH x P ASAP before it disappears.

Seems a lot of precious strains slip away Or are at least go on the "endangered species list". (Original Nevilles haze, first runs of SSH, Mullumbimby madness, those exotic and special thais (juicy fruit, chocolate, etc), Acapulco Gold, Oaxaca, C5 haze, A5 haze, to name a few).

Love that Dubi has found a way to bring some of these genetics into his stable in a way that lets us get a glimpse of these oldtime greats!

I'm rooting for the NH x P!!!
Lovely looking garden Solar bro!Cant wait to see what you get from the nh x p,i've just started a few of them.
Hopefully a few more panama/dutch haze x's will be released at some point,they excite me a lot more than the malawi x's(did get them both though and have started a couple of smh)

Thanks guys, I appreciate you stopping by. The NHxP is looking more and more Nevil's haze, both the leaves and the way she is stacking on the tiny buds up and down the branches, looks just like my OTH and are flowering at the same time. Their branches look identical. Later flower development will reveal more. I have one of her clones in flower, lower branches pregnant from my two Purple Satellite males. I kept another clone in the mother room.
My wife and I went on vacation a few of weeks ago and I put the plants on a drip system/timer. She did not like the change in pH (7.8 city water) and when I returned, she had lost a lot of shade leaves. She has put on about 9" on her tops since, so I don't think it slowed her down too much. She is not a big feeder, unlike the other Panama hybrids. I feed her 700 ppm of liquid organic bloom formula twice a week.

Here is one of my HxP. She is in flower and I've stopped tucking her tops under the net for the past 2 weeks. Pictures are deceiving, but she measures 65" (165cm) average canopy height and 7' (213cm) in diameter. I expect a decent yield from her and a lot of tops.

I have some HxP clones in the flower room, with a few weeks left, pictures to come tonight when the lights go on. The interesting thing about the clones is, two of them smell of eucalyptus. To be sure, I took out a bottle of eucalyptus essential oil to compare and its pretty much spot on, with the exception of a sweet lemony scent in the background. The smell is also very strong, you don't need to get very close to have a full whiff.

We are at 12 hours 55 minutes of daylight today.
Temperatures have been 95F-100F the past couple weeks, well, all of summer really.
This girl doesn't need to feed, there is still plenty in the soil. The one's in the pot are taking about 1850 ppm liquid organic grow and bloom formula mixed daily.
Peace, God bless

F2F

@Darp

@Darp

The NHxP is looking more and more Nevil's haze, both the leaves and the way she is stacking on the tiny buds up and down the branches, looks just like my OTH and are flowering at the same time.

How late can you go in N. Cali Darp? Really want to try this NHxP OD.

Looks like your NH x P is in about the same stage as my MNS MH right now and I can usually get her far enough to make it worth my while (though still have to pull a little early). I am likely a tad further south than you, but not in a coastal climate (lucky dog :biggrin: )I'm hoping for a kind autumn.

Best of luck to you and all as we move into flowering!

Cheers,
F2F

The Hatter

Veteran
If I had noticed the NH x Panama in the R and D offerings I definitely would have picked up a pack with my last order.

I think the quality of the effect will be heavenly. Ace's Panama is in my opinion their most well rounded pure sativa. It's got a nice sort of strong, upbeat and somewhat dreamy quality that should mix beautifully with some old school haze. I can't wait to see how these turn out.

Beautiful garden.

SolarLogos

If I had noticed the NH x Panama in the R and D offerings I definitely would have picked up a pack with my last order.

I think the quality of the effect will be heavenly. Ace's Panama is in my opinion their most well rounded pure sativa. It's got a nice sort of strong, upbeat and somewhat dreamy quality that should mix beautifully with some old school haze. I can't wait to see how these turn out.

Beautiful garden.
I'm right with you my friend, I feel like a little kid before Christmas. Ace's Honduran is one of my all time favorites. The thought of it crossed with Panama and of course, NHxP fills me with much anticipation.
Hope you can get a pack.
Peace, God bless

J

jaded1

You were right about them not being big feeders Solar.I totally fried 1 of my nh/p girls when potting her up into soil that was far too hot for her but really wasn't much stronger than the seedling mix they started in.
Have had to cut soil with 2/3 used and not re-amended soil to finally get some healthy leaves growing on her!

SolarLogos

You were right about them not being big feeders Solar.I totally fried 1 of my nh/p girls when potting her up into soil that was far too hot for her but really wasn't much stronger than the seedling mix they started in.
Have had to cut soil with 2/3 used and not re-amended soil to finally get some healthy leaves growing on her!
Sorry to hear the girl got fried, but the good news is she is ok. NHxPan really bounce back. I thought I had lost too many leaves (pretty much all shade leaves yellowed and fell off because of high pH city water) while I was on vacation. That was 3 weeks ago and she put on 9" in height and flowering since and is just fine.

Feel free to post picks of your NHxPan here is you would like, I would love to see other's plants.
Thank you very much for your input my friend.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

How late can you go in N. Cali Darp? Really want to try this NHxP OD.

Looks like your NH x P is in about the same stage as my MNS MH right now and I can usually get her far enough to make it worth my while (though still have to pull a little early). I am likely a tad further south than you, but not in a coastal climate (lucky dog :biggrin: )I'm hoping for a kind autumn.

Best of luck to you and all as we move into flowering!

Cheers,
F2F
I'm in the valley very close to our state capital. Any chance you are close by my friend? I can usually get away with going into early November, but by then I usually put them in the greenhouse. You can always put up a makeshift pvc hoop greenhouse and cover with opaque construction plastic from the hardware store. We don't usually freeze around here until late December, early January. It's been unusually dry in Autumn the past few years also.
Good luck.
Peace, God bless

F2F

I'm a little further "inland" Solar. We have our first freeze in mid Nov usually. Wish I could throw one in the backyard but my state is not quite there yet:biggrin:

Best
F2F

SolarLogos

Honduran x Panama

Honduran x Panama

All 3 of the HxP have been in flower a couple of weeks. Everything changed to flower when we were between 13 hrs., 15 minute to 13 hours of daylight per day.
The amount of vigor these plants have is astonishing! HxP-1, is over 8' (2.5 meters) above the pot, which I reported earlier as in a 15 gallon pot. It is actually in a 10 gallon pot, I remember not wanting it to get too big. HxP-2 is in a 15 gallon pot though.
HxP-2 on the left and HxP-1 on the right

HxP-3 will not stop growing and is likely going to be a giant bush. I may pick up another net tomorrow and start tucking the tops back down. I have 2 nets down already, but didn't expect it to still be growing so quickly. She only gets water and feeds off of what is in the soil, which is not much.
Another beast: HxP-3

I did not veg these indoors, just planted the seeds in the ground 5 months ago! If I wanted them bigger, that wouldn't be a problem, but I've tried to keep their size under control.
Huge trunks, thick solid limbs, a very, very strong and vigorous plant. Great, great job Dubi and Ace!!! I think the harvest will be equally astonishing!
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

ikinokori

your garden is beyond wonderful solarlogos, those pictures are beyind gorgeous. I cant imagine what the smell must be.just amazing

SolarLogos

your garden is beyond wonderful solarlogos, those pictures are beyind gorgeous. I cant imagine what the smell must be.just amazing
Thank you my friend. You know, I didn't want very big plants, but everything really took off this year. It's nice the weather here has finally cooled down into the low 80's (+/- 28c). It's always nice to be around the plants this time of year, but other than the Purple Satellite, everything else requires a stem rub still. I'm thinking the harvest time for NHxP and HxP will be the last week of November, or close to that.
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

It's amazing what a little change in daylight hours and some lower temperatures will do. HxP-3, the bush I have in the ground with the nets over it is taking off, her small flowers have developed a lot over the last two days. Here are a few pics I just took:

Daylight hours: 12 hours, 39 minutes today.
Temperatures: low 80's for high, 55 for the low.
RH: 30-50
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Thats going to start stacking buds like crazy now wow its going to be a show.

^^ Yep Solarlogos,what a beauty!Autumn is gonna be a thrill!
Thanks for stopping by guys, the cooler greenhouse weather is coming soon, my favorite time of year. As such, the lower temperatures, 50-53F (10-11.7C) has caused the top part of the petioles on HxP-3 to turn purple and it triggered the purple in the calyxes on the purple satellite.
I probably won't have to grow for a few years after this. As much as I keep telling the wife I'll take a year off, I probably never will:biggrin:
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

HxP indoors

HxP indoors

Here are two of my HxP indoors. They are in the middle of week 13 of flower, however, they took a couple of weeks to show sex. Their smells have really evolved and have gone from a camphor smell to more of a sweet lemon, slightly less fermented than before. The smell is very strong--these girls are going to be very potent. I would say I have another week, maybe two.

Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

deepwaterdude

Here are two of my HxP indoors. They are in the middle of week 13 of flower, however, they took a couple of weeks to show sex. Their smells have really evolved and have gone from a camphor smell to more of a sweet lemon, slightly less fermented than before. The smell is very strong--these girls are going to be very potent. I would say I have another week, maybe two.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80349&pictureid=1973930&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80349&pictureid=1973931&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80349&pictureid=1973932&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

Those are gorgeous, man, very sweetly done:tiphat:

SolarLogos

Those are gorgeous, man, very sweetly done:tiphat:
Thank you very kindly my friend; it means a lot coming from you-we've all seen your grows!
Here is HxP#2 from indoors. She is in week 15, but took 3 weeks to show sex, then started flowering week 4. A lot of resin and the buds are packed hard. Her smell is very strong, fermented lemon/mint, moving away from the camphor smell.

Her mom is outdoors and 8 feet tall and bushy. If her flowers resemble these, it's going to be a job supporting all those branches.

Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

Neville's Haze/Panama Goddess x Purple Satellite Fem

Neville's Haze/Panama Goddess x Purple Satellite Fem

I am getting a lot more pollen from the reversed purple satellite than I ever imagined. I pollinated an entire lower branch of Nevil's haze x Panama. I will hit it again with pollen in a couple of weeks. Will be looking next year for pheno's that flower and finish early. I'm pollinating another branch of NHxP today using standard purple satellite pollen. Hoping the pollen is viable. I do think PS would make a great breeding tool for flowering other sativa early.

I'm also going to hit Hashplant Haze x KaliChina today, also Zamaldelica elite x panama goddess and honduran x panama with the reversed PS.
Of course, my ideal crosses right now are PSxOTH and Honduran/panama x OTH. Still waiting on OTH. The 3 males are ready to drop pollen any time and the females are in too early of flower to pollinate.

I will keep this updated.

NHxP

Thanks for stopping by.

Peace, God bless

SolarLogos

I am getting a lot more pollen from the reversed purple satellite than I ever imagined. I pollinated an entire lower branch of Nevil's haze x Panama. I will hit it again with pollen in a couple of weeks. Will be looking next year for pheno's that flower and finish early. I'm pollinating another branch of NHxP today using standard purple satellite pollen. Hoping the pollen is viable. I do think PS would make a great breeding tool for flowering other sativa early.

I'm also going to hit Hashplant Haze x KaliChina today, also Zamaldelica elite x panama goddess and honduran x panama with the reversed PS.
Of course, my ideal crosses right now are PSxOTH and Honduran/panama x OTH. Still waiting on OTH. The 3 males are ready to drop pollen any time and the females are in too early of flower to pollinate.

I will keep this updated.

NHxP
https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=80407&pictureid=1975725View Image

Thanks for stopping by.

Peace, God bless
So far, it appears that pollinating with purple satellite reversed has been successful so far. Planting the seeds will really be the sure way to know the pollen was viable, however, at this point all looks good. The hairs on the NHxP, as well as the ZamPan and HPHxKC have turned brown and withered where I pollinated. I removed the covers from the branches after 4 days and mist sprayed them with water.
NH/PxPS(reversed) in the making

NHxP

Bud shots:

I am preparing a spot in the raised bed next to HxP#3 and putting NHxP in the ground this weekend. That's right, I'm going to transplant this big girl right into the ground, she is loosing too many shade leaves and there is nothing more I can do. I'm pretty confident I can do it without stressing her too much. She outgrew her pot some time ago and she would finish a LOT better if she were in the ground with some fresh EWC and bat guano. I believe she is in a 86 liter (23 gallon pot).
I'll post on HxP#3, the girl she is going in next to. The advantage of putting them side by side in an 8'x20' raised bed (besides the room) is I can put up a hoop style greenhouse if I need to.
Thanks for stopping by.
Peace, God bless