What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevilles Haze x Malawi Killer and A5 x Malawi Killer

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Spav

Check out this thread . The salted coconut .

The salted coconut ....
Here I present some plants, from the past and present, which were grown in coco.

My fertilizer are salts.

Basis fertilizer one: 4 – 16 – 32
Nitrate nitrogen content 100%

Basis fertilizer two:
Nitrogen-Calcium part (Calcinit): 15,5% N, 26,5 % CaO
Nitrate : Ammonium ratio (%) 92:8

I dissolve the salts and use a 10% stock solution.

Neutralization of the carbonate hardness and adjustment the pH value of the nutrient solution takes place with nitric acid (sixty percent).

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day Spav

The old school Hazes are usually grown in rock wool slabs by the old crew .
C64 is in coco so not the same methods as I have observed .

I`m surprised by Dubi`s smoke report of the Nevil`s Haze cut .
Grown indoors by a master grower . It was very potent when I tried it . I started to have a paranoia attack . My friend the grower saw I was having trouble . He said to me just relax . She has a dark side . You need to treat it like a trip . Just relax and go for the ride .

Another grower friend got the Nevil`s cut , grew it and smoked it for a month . Will grow it but ,won`t smoke it anymore .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Spaventa

Veteran
G `day Spav

Grown indoors by a master grower . It was very potent when I tried it . I started to have a paranoia attack . My friend the grower saw I was having trouble . He said to me just relax . She has a dark side . You need to treat it like a trip . Just relax and go for the ride .

Another grower friend got the Nevil`s cut , grew it and smoked it for a month . Will grow it but ,won`t smoke it anymore .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

haha brilliant :)

I LOVED the Nevilles Haze from Greenhouse I got in 2003. I grew them in soil in those days but used Canna even back then, the Terra range.
Ive grown a few since but never found anything like the incredible loud Frankincense aroma fogging the room. So musky, woody and leathery but with perfume top notes and a rain soaked forest thing in between :)

G `day Spav

Thanks for sharin

EB .

My short experience with true hazes is this as well, I grew a NLxHazeC cross in Fort Collins, CO called the Fort Collins Cough 14 weeks extremely psychedelic , used to have to actually meditate before smoking it to get my head and breathing right. If I didn't get in the right place before smoking it my whole day was fucked lol

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day Spav

I had some Mr Nice NVL`s Hz grown by Wally Duck that had me peeking through the curtains as well .

I have grown a bunch of G13 Hz C . It was like a poor cousin of NL Hz C more bottom than top buzz . The AG 13 showed me what the Haze A brings to the party before I tried the NVL`s . The AG13 had a strong body effect . But the Top end was sizzling .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Spaventa

Veteran
G `day Spav

I had some Mr Nice NVL`s Hz grown by Wally Duck that had me peeking through the curtains as well .

I have grown a bunch of G13 Hz C . It was like a poor cousin of NL Hz C more bottom than top buzz . The AG 13 showed me what the Haze A brings to the party before I tried the NVL`s . The AG13 had a strong body effect . But the Top end was sizzling .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

what did the Haze A bring in terms of aroma when burning/smoking? Im still trying to work out if its the Haze A or Haze C that adds the incense in Nevilles. My suspicion is the Haze A is church incense and wood and Haze C is more tropical flowers and rainy forrest
Also, the Haze A is dead apparently and this fits with how Nevilles no longer has the dominant incense trait. Same is said of newer releases of other Haze hybrids that originally contained Haze A like original kali mist and I suspect Jack herer

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day Spav

Both A and C have the incense smell .
There is SSH and C5 that have it . I was smoking the AG13 in a bong so not the waft you get from a joint .My friend smoked joints of C5 . I could smell the incense in the air after .
I think the sourness of the smoke in the room is stronger from the A factor . The NVL`s def is a darker , drier smell than C5 .

re Jack

Nevil seemed pretty convinced it was a C5 hybrid . I have C5 x Jack under way ATM .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

B

beanz

G `day Spav

Thanks for sharin

EB .

that ag13 cross of Sammy's I lost ...was looking so dam fine ....
gorgeous arms full of velvet looking flowers ...bloody rain

planting my testers today at just under foot high , my season won,t hold out forever ....so it,s time for a bigger home

Spaventa

Veteran
day 39 from seed, day 14 of 12/12.
picture.php

Spaventa

Veteran
They filled up the net very nicely and are in good health for liftoff, gonna be some fireworks! I'm curious as to how they'll stretch. Nice job!

My strategy is simple - until day 20 of 12/12 I will keep them at the net height with my trusty scissors, maybe some pushing back under.

I believe its adaptability to indoor growing with limited space is an important aspect to consider. I hope I can show that indoor growers everywhere can capture the same quality of those beautiful tall haze trees our friends in Spain and the US grow :)

Spaventa

Veteran
Just words for the moment, picture later but Ive got to say, these are CRAZY vigorous.
Now we are moving along I can make comparisons with the other tent and compared to the Critical Jack these are monsters. They suck the nutrients out of the water and send the ph free falling. Funny how elmer mentioned ph stabilising with Hazes innit :)
Ive grown a fair few and never seen anything like the size of the tree trunk hollow stems on these.
Ive seen a new thing available now you just chuck in the res and it hold your ph in range. its only cheap too. Cant remember how it worked but Ill report properly when it arrives.

yeah so the girls are showing the Malawi side CLEARLY in there brutal stretching lol

It pained me to chop back and defoliate - what was coming off was beautiful. I guess I have to remind myself that the point here is to see if they can be grown in the typical hobby growers 3x3 tent/closet. Im sorry I cant let these beauties do there own thing but us smalltime indoor dudes need Haze too ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
The two a5 malawi's are doing well, I just cut snips off them to flower out outdoors in early summer using light dep, along with zamldelica and killer malawi.

Strong growth nice branches and hungry for food, not much else to report at this stage.
Hope the snips root well and the outdoor weather changes to push away the cold and gives us some sunshine when they are rooted.....

I have grown panama too, liked them a lot growth wise, but honestly the smoke has something I don't like... it starts really well but it wears out into a bit dull tired effect after a while. So I dunno if they are a great cannadate for the magic A5. Just my personal experience / opinion...

The proof of the pudding is in the eating right?

Hi power puff,

Glad you have started 2 A5 x New Malawi Killer :)
Please, keep us updated!

As JohnnyChicago has experienced (in his Panama x Original Haze F1 hybrid) and correctly pointed out, Panama combines very well with Haze genetics, our Panama Haze is another good example. The outcome is usually a super enhanced and refined central american sativa expression of the highest order.

We certainly have other sativa strains with clearer and less heavy effects than Panama to combine with Hazes, for example Tikal, Oaxacan, Zamaldelica are great candidates to combine with the A5 and to produce overpowering yet very clear effects, these kind of hybrids will retain the very high THC content to provide such intense sativa trips. Another interesting route would be to cross the A5 with gentle uplifting super clear sativas like Ethiopian, Congolese or Honduras although these crosses won't produce so high THC levels like the ones previously commented.

I wouldn't underrate the potential of Panama Goddess parental plant in outcrosses, it's a true elite plant with amazing qualities in all senses, as our latest Panama hybrids have demonstrated.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Id find a wicked Johnny blaze and cross the a5 with that. Imo it is one of if not the best modern haze hybrids.The incense is def in there.
View attachment 451419

Hi Mr.Revolution :)

Thanks for the recommendation, blueberry is an amazing line which works even better in hybrids, but as i commented previously in this thread our main goal is to cross these dutch haze elite hybrids with our sativas to produce something unique on the heaviest sativa side as possible .... to add another indica (bb) along with the NL#5 that A5 and Nevil's Haze already contain would be nice, but not a priority in our ACE Seeds' projets with these hybrids.

I would prefer DJ and other experts in blueberry crosses explore this route.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Whats a usually flowering time on A5 cut,i think original,not crosses??

Regards,am still tuned for show..

Hi Dog Star,

I think Sammy will be able to give a more accurate reply for your question, but in my short experience with these plants, both A5 and this Nevil's Haze mother need around 3 months of flowering. New Killer Malawi flowers faster, especially outdoors, NKM can be harvested in late October/early November at our latitude (37ºN) while we harvested A5 and Nevil's Haze around early December, so NKM finishes almost 1 month earlier than the dutch hazes. Indoors, NKM can be harvested in 11.5 weeks approx.

Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
bit lack of input on my behalf , just wanted to assure people the wheels are in motion ;)

10 each of the a5 x killer and nev x killer ...... there in there with some stiff competition .
View Image

thought I would post pic of the competition , harvested a few killer Malawi today ....grabbed this top for a happy snap
@spaventa hope your ok with a slight detour mate ..... being your thread and all ,
View Image
View Image

Hi beanz,

I'm really excited to see these new sativa hybrids being grown outdoors by an outdoor master grower like you ;)

Congrats on the Malawi harvest, it's without any doubt a New Killer Malawi pheno, please feel free to share your experience with our pure Malawi line in the Malawi thread if you have the chance, it will be a pleasure to know how it has been your experience with her :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
The only thing Ive noticed that surprised me was how much this lot drink - about 30 or 40 percent more than the other tent with JH in it which is identical in all ways other than the strains - all same size and flipped at the same time. This means I could have run them at higher EC - they only drink more to get more food. I will continue to run safe moderate levels this run but if theres a keeper, I would get her dialled and find the limits of her appetite and potential on a one to one basis with tent full of her clones. It could be that half of those plants are the greedy ones and the other might get burnt if I up nutes.

Just words for the moment, picture later but Ive got to say, these are CRAZY vigorous.
Now we are moving along I can make comparisons with the other tent and compared to the Critical Jack these are monsters. They suck the nutrients out of the water and send the ph free falling. Funny how elmer mentioned ph stabilising with Hazes innit :)
Ive grown a fair few and never seen anything like the size of the tree trunk hollow stems on these.
Ive seen a new thing available now you just chuck in the res and it hold your ph in range. its only cheap too. Cant remember how it worked but Ill report properly when it arrives.

yeah so the girls are showing the Malawi side CLEARLY in there brutal stretching lol

It pained me to chop back and defoliate - what was coming off was beautiful. I guess I have to remind myself that the point here is to see if they can be grown in the typical hobby growers 3x3 tent/closet. Im sorry I cant let these beauties do there own thing but us smalltime indoor dudes need Haze too ;)

Hi Spaventa,

I'm so happy to see they are already into flowering in your indoor grow, i think you are the first one flowering them so we all are going to follow your progresses with excitement! :)

Yes, i was also advised about the high levels of nutrients these dutch Haze elite mothers prefer, they seem to work very well with EC levels around 2.0 or close, i also have feeded New Killer Malawi with EC levels around 2.0 in her peak of flowering production so we can certainly confirm the hybrids between both will requite high and frequent levels of nutrients too.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day Spav

One more thing ...
Lots and lots of fresh air . I visited Yo Sammy`s grow . Spent a week studying growing Haze with him . He stressed air flow .

I visited another garden with Sam that had poor ventilation . The difference in the plants was stark .

re EC . Feed high EC 2.0 or higher , but flush back to EC 0.2 - 0.4 every two weeks .
Then water for the last two .

I`m growing some Haze hybrids atm . 1st cpl of runs I fed normal flower nutes in coco . Grew leafy . This run in soil . Cut out nitrogen beginning of flower . Fed high K kelp and Cal Mag during flower . Leaves yellowing and falling off . Calyxes foxtailing . Calyx to leaf ratio improved noticeably .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Latest posts

Latest posts