What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevilles Haze x Malawi Killer and A5 x Malawi Killer

Spaventa

Veteran
G `day Spav

One more thing ...
Lots and lots of fresh air . I visited Yo Sammy`s grow . Spent a week studying growing Haze with him . He stressed air flow .

I visited another garden with Sam that had poor ventilation . The difference in the plants was stark .

re EC . Feed high EC 2.0 or higher , but flush back to EC 0.2 - 0.4 every two weeks .
Then water for the last two .

I`m growing some Haze hybrids atm . 1st cpl of runs I fed normal flower nutes in coco . Grew leafy . This run in soil . Cut out nitrogen beginning of flower . Fed high K kelp and Cal Mag during flower . Leaves yellowing and falling off . Calyxes foxtailing . Calyx to leaf ratio improved noticeably .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
Hey Elmer :) totally man, sats in general take buckets of K in my experience. Only thing Ive seen K toxicity in ever in my grows was in an indica heavy hybrid. I like Canna cos it is relatively low N.

I run 200 CFM exhaust fans in each 3x3 tent so air quality is good. Im running only as much nutrients as I have to to keep them happy till they are over the stretch. Im not yield focused at all. I can already see we have huge yield potential in these without actually doing a supercrop.
I just want to see the bud formation, structure, flower time, and most importantly the quality of the finished product. An oz of each will suffice for testing. Other guys testing these can show us how tall they can grow or how much you can get from 1 outdoor monster but those things whilst vaguely interesting are not my priority. Only regret about it is not getting the the physical beauty and majesty of a big haze plant under a blue sky - that, I would love to see, but again, theres other guys here who have that covered.

What are the hybrids you are running right now? Cheers

B

beanz

Hi beanz,

I'm really excited to see these new sativa hybrids being grown outdoors by an outdoor master grower like you ;)

Congrats on the Malawi harvest, it's without any doubt a New Killer Malawi pheno, please feel free to share your experience with our pure Malawi line in the Malawi thread if you have the chance, it will be a pleasure to know how it has been your experience with her :yes:

do you have any back ground on the lemon Panama you offered ,
I made cross I have running atm with one of the nicest girls I found . came out of the fem seed breeders pack .

don,t worry spanteva , i always find the best threads have some random stuff in them ;)

funnily enough I,m running Sammy's nevils haze x Malawi next too the ace/sammy nevils haze x Malawi ....should be quiet interesting with a different Malawi used .

Last edited:

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day Spav

The cut running ATM is AG13 x HPHz x Shanti`s Hz AC pollen .
So its got G13 , Hash Plant , Skunk and NL as well as Haze A and C .

Mongrel Haze ?

I also have C5 x Jack Herer and Pez clone x Haze AC .

Trying to pop some of Chaco`s ECSD x NVL`s Hz Bx atm . Been a cpl of days in paper towels . My hope is fading .

Thanks for sharin

EB

Spaventa

Veteran
G `day Spav

The cut running ATM is AG13 x HPHz x Shanti`s Hz AC pollen .
So its got G13 , Hash Plant , Skunk and NL as well as Haze A and C .

Mongrel Haze ?

I also have C5 x Jack Herer and Pez clone x Haze AC .

Trying to pop some of Chaco`s ECSD x NVL`s Hz Bx atm . Been a cpl of days in paper towels . My hope is fading .

Thanks for sharin

EB

Give them a gentle bite between you front teeth till you just feel or hear them give - I gave it a go first time in my life recently and it worked

They all sound nice though mate so you won't go short of nice Haze any time soon :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
do you have any back ground on the lemon Panama you offered ,
I made cross I have running atm with one of the nicest girls I found . came out of the fem seed breeders pack .

don,t worry spanteva , i always find the best threads have some random stuff in them ;)

funnily enough I,m running Sammy's nevils haze x Malawi next too the ace/sammy nevils haze x Malawi ....should be quiet interesting with a different Malawi used .

Hi beanz,

Lemony incensey Panamas from our Breeders pack are offspring of our Panama Goddess mother (F10), parental plant which has been widely commented here in our room and the one we have used in all our latest Panama hybrids.

Sure, it will be very interesting to make a side by side comparison between the A5 x Malawi regular line that Sammy did and the A5 x New Malawi Killer fem line we did at ACE :)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
G `day Spav

The old school Hazes are usually grown in rock wool slabs by the old crew .
C64 is in coco so not the same methods as I have observed .

I`m surprised by Dubi`s smoke report of the Nevil`s Haze cut .
Grown indoors by a master grower . It was very potent when I tried it . I started to have a paranoia attack . My friend the grower saw I was having trouble . He said to me just relax . She has a dark side . You need to treat it like a trip . Just relax and go for the ride .

Another grower friend got the Nevil`s cut , grew it and smoked it for a month . Will grow it but ,won`t smoke it anymore .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Hi Elmer Bud,

I'm not rating low this Neville's Haze mother yet, i'm still learning about her through the curing process. I certainly enjoy a lot her uplifting qualities and i would choose the Nevil's Haze mother over A5 for any social moment or in case i need to focus on activities effectively while smoking, but i find this Nevil's Haze mother lacks of an outstanding incense aroma like for example original Kali Mist, Jack Herer, Jack Flash, Western Winds had when these lines were in their best moment .... the incense is very subtle in this Nevil's mother compared with A5 too. I think Nevil commented about it in other forums, he was not very successful inbreeding his Haze parental plants and the outcome of his Haze inbreeding produced bland terpenes and somewhat cat piss aromas which is what i mainly finding in this Nevil's Haze mother.

A5 also has an amazing trippy quality that i don't find in this Nevil's Haze. And if i have to choose an uplifting sativa to smoke i really prefer some of our sativa mothers like Zamaldelica, Congolese, Tikal, etc over this Nevil's Haze as they have better effects, better terpenes and they flower faster too.

Take in consideration that these dutch Haze hybrid elite parental plants were selected almost 30 years ago and a lot has happened since then ... it's like comparing an old car from late 80s with a modern car with all the gadgets if you know what i mean ... i'm not saying today's indica dominant hybrids produce better effects compared with the strains from 70s and 80s, i'm just trying to say that in the last 30 years there have been many 'revolutions' in the cannabis world (skunks, blueberry, diesel, kush, etc ...) which have settled new quality standards that most of the growers and smokers will certainly agree, especially regarding intensity and type of terpenes, bag appeal, and indoor adaptability/flowering time.

These dutch Haze hybrid elite parental plants selected by Nevil almost 30 years ago had to be crossed with Skunk to boost up the terpene intensity and to produce louder and more refined incensey aromas. That's why the best and strongest incensey aromas came from NL/Haze/Skunk genepool produced from mid 90s until early 2000s in strains like for example Jack Herer, Kali Mist, Jack Flash, etc .... which were selected towards the incensey Haze aromas but enhanced thanks to the super intense Skunk terpene content. The introduction of Skunk also made more practical the growing of these 'next generation' Haze hybrids, lowering down flowering times and the size of the original NL/Haze parental plants.

Unfortunately, since the NL/Haze/Skunk genepool reached their peak of glory 20-15 years ago, this genepool has always been crossed with indica strains until today, and of course there has not been any new Haze hybrid that can be compared with the quality of the elite NL/Haze/Skunk expressions from 20 years ago.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Old Hawaiian Haze

Old Hawaiian Haze

Does anyone still remember the Hawaiian Haze available in Adam 20-15 years ago ? Does it still exist ?

That Hawaiian Haze was amazing, it had an outstanding minty, floral, fruity terpene profile (minty aromas i only have found in older hawaiian strains but i no longer can find nowadays), blended with a super loud classic Haze incensey smell coming from Nevil's haze hybrid parental plants, and a super trippy and long lasting effect of the highest order similar to A5.

Elmer Bud

Veteran
G `day Dubi

Appreciate you taking the time to expand on your thoughts re the cuts .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Spaventa

Veteran
Does anyone still remember the Hawaiian Haze available in Adam 20-15 years ago ? Does it still exist ?

That Hawaiian Haze was amazing, it had an outstanding minty, floral, fruity terpene profile (minty aromas i only have found in older hawaiian strains but i no longer can find nowadays), blended with a super loud classic Haze incensey smell coming from Nevil's haze hybrid parental plants, and a super trippy and long lasting effect of the highest order similar to A5.

Ive heard of it - some said it gave you nightmares. Someone brought a cut back to London and worked it into a 4 way hybrid with Silver Haze, Oranjebud and... Skunk#1 ;) me and my friends kept a cut from that cross going until about 2 years ago... over 25 years. As another member described something once, the incense in it was "humbling". At one time it was available all over the south east but one by one we all lost her. She was so frail as a plant. We laughed that if you even looked at her funny she dropped leaves. RIP to her, she was loved.

Like what you said about Western Winds since I have an old pack in the stash :)

I know what you mean about Nevilles expectations because I remember the Nevilles I grew in 2003 from GHS regular seeds and EVERY plant, despite wide variation in structure, height, colour, finish time ALL had thick, heavy, LOUD frankincense that made EVERY passerby look for the source wide eyed. I remember seeing older peoples eye light up when the first ribbons of smoke reached their noses, they were like "I haven't smelt that for YEARS" etc

Spaventa

Veteran
RIGHT here we are a day 21 of 12/12

Lots of variation showing. Some NL#5 showing here, some Nevilles Haze showing there, lots of Malawi everywhere :tiphat:
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Elmer Bud

Veteran
Ive heard of it - some said it gave you nightmares. Someone brought a cut back to London and worked it into a 4 way hybrid with Silver Haze, Oranjebud and... Skunk#1 ;) me and my friends kept a cut from that cross going until about 2 years ago... over 25 years. As another member described something once, the incense in it was "humbling". At one time it was available all over the south east but one by one we all lost her. She was so frail as a plant. We laughed that if you even looked at her funny she dropped leaves. RIP to her, she was loved.

Like what you said about Western Winds since I have an old pack in the stash :)

I know what you mean about Nevilles expectations because I remember the Nevilles I grew in 2003 from GHS regular seeds and EVERY plant, despite wide variation in structure, height, colour, finish time ALL had thick, heavy, LOUD frankincense that made EVERY passerby look for the source wide eyed. I remember seeing older peoples eye light up when the first ribbons of smoke reached their noses, they were like "I haven't smelt that for YEARS" etc

G `day Spav

Nevil said he made two Hawaiian Hazes .
One was a low yielder but grade A smoke .

The old school familiarity deff helps market the C5 .

The incense is interesting . If I smoke a bong or a joint by myself I don`t smell it . Leave the room come back its there . Or smoke with others I can smell it in the smoke they exhale ??

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Spaventa

Veteran
The incense is interesting . If I smoke a bong or a joint by myself I don`t smell it . Leave the room come back its there . Or smoke with others I can smell it in the smoke they exhale ?

To be honest, a lot of the more recent GHS Nevilles Haze feminised I searched were like that and were rejected. The 2003 regulars were soaked in incense you smelt strong always.
Maybe its partly nostril overload though?? I only taste the first few mouthfuls of chili. after that it could be sewer rat I wouldn't know lol

Spaventa

Veteran
Looking good spaventa they look they haven't stretched much yet..:tiphat:

Thats because Ive been topping them since the start - 3 times now, 3 nodes at least each time... about 1 ft most recently :)

They would be about 5 ft by now otherwise. They have actually calmed down now Im happy to say. Ill be thinning out the oldest fan leaves over the next week then that it, no more removing anything.

I don't think people realise how much hard work I'm doing here.. ;)

Buddler

Veteran
Thats because Ive been topping them since the start - 3 times now, 3 nodes at least each time... about 1 ft most recently :)

They would be about 5 ft by now otherwise. They have actually calmed down now Im happy to say. Ill be thinning out the oldest fan leaves over the next week then that it, no more removing anything.

I don't think people realise how much hard work I'm doing here.. ;)

Guess i should of read a few pages first.. :peek: thats would explain for me.. thanks for the show ,documenting and all the hard work.:)

Spaventa

Veteran
No worries, all comments are appreciated. We post a lot between my pictures so it’s easy to miss things amongst the discussion;)

Kaskadian

Veteran
Can't wait to see that screen fill out buddy! I need to get myself a SCROG setup like you're rocking in there, never seen a setup like that before.

Thanks for the update!

Spaventa

Veteran
I notice I haven't even clipped all on properly. The nets came with the tents. Nice touch for cheap tents.
Aero doesn't support the plants so nets help to stop them all falling over, if you put all the clips on lol
It is controlling the height to some degree also.
Ive got mobility issues so I cant mess around with media. Aero is easy, i don't have to continually dispose of and replace stuff. I just buy canna nutes, additives and ph-, done. I have a trigger gun on a flexing hose to fill up and drainage to get rid so no lifting anything.

other benefits include being able to get at the roots to root trim and check health. Theres nowhere for fungus gnats to colonise and theres no potting up time or transplant stress and stalling. No roc wool conditioning, no soil pests, much better growth than basic aero.

You take a well rooted clone from the cloner and stick it in the big system and it don't even blink - just carries on like nothing happened.

Kaskadian

Veteran
I notice I haven't even clipped all on properly.
Aero doesn't support the plants so nets help to stop them all falling over, if you put all the clips on lol

Makes a big difference! :biggrin:

I need to stop being lazy and get myself a proper flood tray so I can run my drip system in the tent. I'm hauling them one by one into the bath tub to do my watering like a barbarian... :laughing:

Looking forward to seeing you work more of your magic!