What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevilles Haze 21 X Mullumbimby Madness

funkyhorse

Is the current offering of NH by Mr Nice still made from the original parents Nevil used in 97 Hempy ?

Hi there
I understand you post this question because you want some feedback, I would think you have much better chances to know the real answers than any of us and you should be in a much better position to tell us the real truth. I am a fan of truth
I bought in 2019 your MSN NH through a retailer of your ex spanish distributor, La Mota RIP, after I read erased nevil threads at Mr Nice forum and saw the pictures Leet posted expecting to find similar plants to his grow.

I sprouted my first ever seed in 2018 so I didnt know much about the histories and fables being told, who against who, for how much and why, is not something of my concern. I just was expecting to find same plants and same high described in the old posts
NH was the second strain I grew from your seedbank. I tried La Niña expecting to find a sativa Mullum and I got an indica plant with an average high, so I was dissapointed
This year I tried 3 plants of NH
I got a variegated male on the right which showed sex in 8 days. I culled him immediately
picture.php

The plant next to it was a girl, she showed sex in 18 days and it was ready in 80 days. x6 stretch under 3000k cobs. Buds were not airy, compact round. It has a high but I am not a fan of it
NH MSN batch 2019

Day 35
picture.php

Day 45
picture.php
picture.php

Day 60
picture.php

funkyhorse

NH MSN 2019 Day 75
picture.php

Day 78
picture.php

The third plant was this male
picture.php

He showed sex at 30 days and he was the only plant to show sativa/haze features. Decided not to use him and culled. Mainly because of lack of reliability of the strain. Too many historical posts have been erased and it doesnt add to credibility
I am lucky to have haze males so it wasnt a hard choice to cull

I have seen from the same pack 3 different plants with totally different features which dont resemble to be from the same strain. Do you have any explanation for that? My only thinking is if the seedbank say you will find one keeper per pack, it means only one seed belongs to the real strain and the rest of the pack it's just any non pedigree seed
It is a very expensive strain for the plants I have gotten
My intention is just to give a feedback of what I found and not to start or create any controversy because facts and truth are not controversial, only our subjective point of view together with the emotions involved in the issue would stir controversy

TheDarkStorm

NH MSN 2019 Day 75
View Image
Day 78
View Image
The third plant was this male
View Image
He showed sex at 30 days and he was the only plant to show sativa/haze features. Decided not to use him and culled. Mainly because of lack of reliability of the strain. Too many historical posts have been erased and it doesnt add to credibility
I am lucky to have haze males so it wasnt a hard choice to cull

I have seen from the same pack 3 different plants with totally different features which dont resemble to be from the same strain. Do you have any explanation for that? My only thinking is if the seedbank say you will find one keeper per pack, it means only one seed belongs to the real strain and the rest of the pack it's just any non pedigree seed
It is a very expensive strain for the plants I have gotten
My intention is just to give a feedback of what I found and not to start or create any controversy because facts and truth are not controversial, only our subjective point of view together with the emotions involved in the issue would stir controversy

Hello funky horse. Thanks for yor input. Was wondering if you had any pictures of the finished bud.
Just for old times sake....the old nevils haze..some scraggly looking rusty almost maroony brown coloured thing with silver beads hidden within...super sticky...I believe it was one of the phenos nevil was using himself to put out...the very tip top of the haze types....something very very very rarely seen nowdays.

Attachments

• NevilsHaze_HTmay99.jpg
    NevilsHaze_HTmay99.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 59

Ganja 13

Hi there
I understand you post this question because you want some feedback, I would think you have much better chances to know the real answers than any of us and you should be in a much better position to tell us the real truth. I am a fan of truth
I bought in 2019 your MSN NH through a retailer of your ex spanish distributor, La Mota RIP, after I read erased nevil threads at Mr Nice forum and saw the pictures Leet posted expecting to find similar plants to his grow.

My belief is the Haze C male has deceased

I wanted to hear what Hempy had to say on NH

I am sure now that the line's I will be looking through in the hopefully near future will be:

NH 21 X MM and
MM X Thai 78

I'm also waiting for Pre 98 Bubba x X-18 Paki by VG to hopefully be made available to the public as well and I will definitely snap up a few more of his goodies for sure

Namaste

Last edited:

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
I don't want to be the usual troublemaker, but I read some time ago that Nevil WOULD HAVE WANTED to use NH97, but sadly had to settle for a later batch (if I remember correctly before 2020, I have to look for the posts where Kanga and Shanti talk about it)

@funkyhorse
I had your experience, with 2 packs of seeds from 2017, beautiful wld plants, not at all like leet and NevHz plants I remember decades ago.
Obviously everything was said, from the grower (i.e. me, and it might as well be), to the growing environment (and in fact I only grow wld), to the fact that it was just a pheno ....
The truth seems much simpler to me ....The ghs version has the structure of that male, with flowers similar to those last photos ...
I saw someone got an NH very similar to the old NH on the mns forum but he is a moderator so ....

Haze C dead? I don't know, but I haven't seen crosses with male C haze for a long time .......

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Nevil wanted NH seed he him self had made and he got 70 from shanti i believe but what people dont get is up until say 2003/2004 people that got NH from Mrnice got seed made by Nevil after that it was made by shanti.

Nevil had past on a ton of seed before he left Holland along with his plant library to shanti. I got NH 97 and so did many others.

Now as for the Haze C how can any one honestly know if the plant lives or not ?. Has any one posting claiming its dead seen it been into shantis mom rooms no.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Hempy ... I don't have time to look up the quote now, but I clearly remember that kanga told someone to look for the NH pre 98, and Shanti stepped in right away to point out that Nevil used the lot (2008? 2010? Really not. remember) for his work with MM ... As soon as I can I look for him better.
About Haze C, I expressed my thoughts: I have not seen new f1 made with this male for decades ...
But I thank Nevil for publicly saying that male A is dead, otherwise he who knows what tales we would have read in the forums.

TheDarkStorm

I don't want to be the usual troublemaker, but I read some time ago that Nevil WOULD HAVE WANTED to use NH97, but sadly had to settle for a later batch (if I remember correctly before 2020, I have to look for the posts where Kanga and Shanti talk about it)

@funkyhorse
I had your experience, with 2 packs of seeds from 2017, beautiful wld plants, not at all like leet and NevHz plants I remember decades ago.
Obviously everything was said, from the grower (i.e. me, and it might as well be), to the growing environment (and in fact I only grow wld), to the fact that it was just a pheno ....
The truth seems much simpler to me ....The ghs version has the structure of that male, with flowers similar to those last photos ...
I saw someone got an NH very similar to the old NH on the mns forum but he is a moderator so ....

Haze C dead? I don't know, but I haven't seen crosses with male C haze for a long time .......

There were two batches sent over...the later batch wich kanga first grew out....and the 50 97nh that nevil had shanti hold back for him...nevil was reluctant to touch anything he hadnt made himself....he found multiple keepers out those 50....also made a f2 nh generation which throws heavily into the haze.....ojd has pictures of those.

Even if there F2s or F3s when you start with solid genetics you end up with solid outcomes.

Sorry to hear you lost them mate hopefully you can get most back and some even better.

potentially, does bushy still come online ? heard and read alot about the old haze c back in the day.. quite a legend on the forums... wondering how it compares to the old timers haze , i grew it out but it was never going to finish where i was located. anyways it was a beautiful plant and reminded me of the oms cross i had structure wise. :tiphat:

TheDarkStorm

potentially, does bushy still come online ? heard and read alot about the old haze c back in the day.. quite a legend on the forums... wondering how it compares to the old timers haze , i grew it out but it was never going to finish where i was located. anyways it was a beautiful plant and reminded me of the oms cross i had structure wise. :tiphat:

Have a look what ace say on ther site about the wat comes out of hybrids of hybrids made with hazeC compared to other hazes they use.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Hempy ... I don't have time to look up the quote now, but I clearly remember that kanga told someone to look for the NH pre 98, and Shanti stepped in right away to point out that Nevil used the lot (2008? 2010? Really not. remember) for his work with MM ... As soon as I can I look for him better.
About Haze C, I expressed my thoughts: I have not seen new f1 made with this male for decades ...
But I thank Nevil for publicly saying that male A is dead, otherwise he who knows what tales we would have read in the forums.

Willy all NH seed sold up till 2003/2004 from Mr Nice were made by Nevil and were made in 97. The reason for that was Nevil had past shanti a lot of seed along with his plant library before he left Holland.

Once they ran out shanti made fresh seed using the same plants Nevil had used in 97.

The only person Nevil ever publicly authenticated having his genetics was shanti no one else.

This is haze C the only picture of HazeC to ever be posted taken by Kashgar in 2006 inside one of shantis mom rooms.
picture.php

I have a picture of the NH mom plant 5HzA trust me it looks very different to what other have posted and that was in Spain fully seeded by HazeC.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
OldTimers Haze is not related to Sam's Haze it didn't come from the Haze Brothers.

As for bushy he posted after i called him out saying Nevil never sold him my Thai x to kangas MM.

Nexus7

@hempy

Can you post the pics of the NH mom, 5HzA?

When Nevil's grail project is officially released will we see your '78 Thia crossed to MM or NH available?

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
@hempy

Can you post the pics of the NH mom, 5HzA?

When Nevil's grail project is officially released will we see your '78 Thia crossed to MM or NH available?

Not sure what is happening with Nevil's work but i was told it would be made available in time to people that wanted it how that will look like i have no clue.

As for the picture of the NH mother in Spain that was sent to me by mistake and i was asked to not post it publicly so have not posted it.

I have used other picture of NH to show what that plant looked like in my thread.The Best way to describe it is picture a very hazey wispy sativa.

MadMac

far beyond driven...
Willy all NH seed sold up till 2003/2004 from Mr Nice were made by Nevil and were made in 97. The reason for that was Nevil had past shanti a lot of seed along with his plant library before he left Holland.

Once they ran out shanti made fresh seed using the same plants Nevil had used in 97.

The only person Nevil ever publicly authenticated having his genetics was shanti no one else.

This is haze C the only picture of HazeC to ever be posted taken by Kashgar in 2006 inside one of shantis mom rooms.
View Image
I have a picture of the NH mom plant 5HzA trust me it looks very different to what other have posted and that was in Spain fully seeded by HazeC.

thx for posting!
looks like a true OHz male...
see lot of similarities to the 90' OHz...
the cluster flowers...
the Seedsman male looking little different...
plz post the NH mom picture...!
many thx
M.:smoker:

90' OHz ...@end of flowering...
picture.php

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have the NH21 x MML F2 in the making now and NH18 x MM x NH21 x MML Male also and any long term active members of icmag.com that can show they grow Haze or Sativa is welcome to a free pack.
Seeds will be ready end of march early April .

Last edited:

Ganja 13

I have the NH21 x MML F2 in the making now and NH18 x MM x NH21 x MML Male also and any long term active member of icmag.com that can show they grow Haze or Sativa on a regular is welcome to a free pack.
Seeds will be ready end of march early April .

What is your opinion on the NH21 X MM ojd ?

im not new here, i dont have access to my old account .. i dont know my email or password. infact there are photos of my bud shots of this strain in this thread lol...
i had this strain . ive grown it twice it was beautiful. as for the haze i didnt say it was related to nevs, just asking what the ol timers haze was like in comparison.
seems like all the craze is over nevs haze .. no surprise. i was gifted some genetics from some

Latest posts

Latest posts