What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevada County

So what's the laws in Nevada county? Is it as bad as yuba or butte? Have a opportunity to head up that way but don't want to get in if there's going to be issues with ce and le.

FreedomGrower

Veteran
HDL is run by a group of X-LEO that can buddy up to Royal.
Their M.O. ?
Regulatory Capture, and strict home grows ...
"The architect of the Desert Hot Springs taxation model is David McPherson from HdL Companies, which provides “revenue enhancement” and consulting services to local governments in California. McPherson worked on implementing local medical marijuana policy as head of revenue in Oakland."

http://www.theunion.com/news/local-...tant-interviews-selection-expected-this-week/

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
appreciate updated info Freedom..............

no lists for me..........once ya on it ...never off.............you be the first visited.........and categorized for future.........

ganj on.........

Bro you're really way off if you think NOT joining a list means they dont know EXACTLY who you are. (i.e. do you use a cell phone ever?)..... wow

FreedomGrower

Veteran
http://www.theunion.com/opinion/col...ignores-will-of-voters-shirks-responsibility/

Setbacks: Tell your Supervisor how you feel about setbacks. If you are anything like 90 percent Nevada County, it’s likely that the setbacks in the placeholder ordinance has rendered your property unusable for cultivation. The setbacks in the existing ordinance are measured from the indoor or outdoor cultivation area to the property line of any adjacent legal parcel under separate ownership. It’s important to express how these restrictions are NOT in line with the Board of Supervisors’ intent to lift the ban on outdoor cultivation, nor do they pave the way for even the most limited commercial cultivation in the county. In prior ordinances, the county saw fit to address this concern by requiring cultivation areas to be setback from a neighbor’s residential structure or outdoor living area. This arrangement protected neighbors while also providing more options for the cultivator. Heidi Hall
District 1 Supervisor
Email: heidi.hall@co.nevada.ca.us

Ed Scofield
District 2 Supervisor, Vice Chair
Email: ed.scofield@co.nevada.ca.us

Dan Miller
District 3 Supervisor
Email: dan.miller@co.nevada.ca.us

Hank Weston
District 4 Supervisor, Chair
Email: hank.weston@co.nevada.ca.us

Richard Anderson
District 5 Supervisor
Email: richard.anderson@co.nevada.ca.us

Other Questions to Ask Your Supervisor:

I am interested in running a legitimate farm in full compliance, registering with the waterboard, and getting my property up to code, why isn’t the county interested in me moving in this direction?

rampant florist

In addition to the above statement the Nevada County Cannabis Alliance would also like to suggest commenting on...(taken from NCCA newsletter 2/20/17)

Square Footage: With the passing of MCRSA and AUMA, California has FINALLY developed the framework for a licensed and regulated cannabis industry. For the past 20 years, most farmers have tried to comply with the very vague guidelines that Prop 215 provided. In order for local cannabis farmers to be in a position to seek cultivation licenses from the state in 2018, they will have to show that their operations have been compliant with local regulations. The very restrictive cultivation areas set out by the placeholder ordinance do not provide a pathway for local farmers to position themselves as viable small farms in the future. A likely solution would be to increase the cultivation area so that is commensurate with the smallest license type anticipated by the California Bureau of Cannabis Regulation, which is TYPE 1C under MCRSA and allows for 2,500 square feet of cultivation.

FreedomGrower

Veteran
Please ask for these people to be considered as stakeholders;

Forrest Lee - Caladrius Network
Martin webb - Community activist
Jonathan Valdman -- For Ever Flowering Greenhouses and The Cannabis Conservancy
Mark Schaefer- NC Cannabis Alliance
Heidi Hall - BOS

Ask for alternatives to these individuals ...

Sheriff Royal and Mackey -- Please include some other Sheriff due to current investigation.
Don Besse - SAM
Harry Bennett- CBD.com ... Bad representation of the industry, all for profit.

Contact Info
Daniel Iacofano
danieli@migcom.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/daniel-iacofano-3a06335

https://yubanet.com/regional/mig-inc-selected-for-cannabis-consulting-by-nevada-county/

FreedomGrower

Veteran
Nevada County Alliance Fails again ...

Asking for a registry of all personal growers in the county is outrageous ... If you are growing 600sqft for patients and a caregiver (max allowed here) you should not have to register and have your freedom risked by having it leaked to the federal government ...

Over 600 sqft ... Guess what it shouldn't be a registry ... it should require a permit with fees just like any other county ...

The alliance is using setbacks to try and rush other goals that are not necessarily a priority or good for patients in Nevada County ...

http://www.theunion.com/news/local-...ijuana-growers-ask-for-registry-rule-changes/

Last edited:

rampant florist

Freedom Grower, have you ever gone to a NCCA meeting to voice your ideas?

It sounds like you're a CCHI kinda person, would that be accurate?

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
List Boy.......your sig says it all............"the more people I meet the more I like my dog"................

ganj on.........

FreedomGrower

Veteran
My view is commercial growers and the NCCA / Cal growers blew it for personal growers in Nevada county when negotiating with the county ... they should advocate to fix this first rather than the pipe dreams they are smoking ... We may get commercial cultivation allowed but I do not see it one day sooner than when the stakeholder / group and Board of Supervisors agree on a permanent solution. I hope they are concentrating on that ... So it just seems to me that they have allot different objectives ... mainly profit ... I understand when your livelihood is at stake you ask for desperate unrealistic things ... I know all of the major activists in this county ... allot choose to ignore my suggestions is all ...

FreedomGrower

Veteran
Time to ditch Nevada County ...

Notices are all ready going out to growers with greenhouses requiring inspections ...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BR9s5EADmKO/

Looks like fines for sure this year ...

"Some of our members have already met with their supervisors with some positive feedback. While some of them have been unwavering about any changes to the placeholder ordinance until the stakeholder process takes place" NCA

Looks like we should probbaly start collecting signatures for a new initiative unless it's ok to leave 90%+ of people banned and permits starting at 10k + because this is the best case scenario by working with the consultant group and BOS.

rampant florist

Looks like we should probbaly start collecting signatures for a new initiative unless it's ok to leave 90%+ of people banned and permits starting at 10k + because this is the best case scenario by working with the consultant group and BOS.

Go for it. Start the petition Freedom Grower. What are you waiting for? If the citizens that make up NCCA are a fail then come up with something better.

FreedomGrower

Veteran
Its easier to just stay in the black market ... I already helped get Measure S with ASA on the ballot and have learned that people are not thankful or even supportive ... I figure it will cost about 40K ... that's about all the cash I have on hand ... to help patients maybe .. commercial growers not really into it ...

The illegal growers in Nevada County Have Ruined it ... The NCCA should have played more hardball or put something on the ballot ...

I am still patiently waiting for someone to run for district 4 in 2018 as who the BOS will be composed of and the new sheriff will matter allot... a whole new battle ...

They are even getting a new ag who wants nothing to do with it ...

http://www.theunion.com/news/local-...al-commissioner-scheduled-to-start-next-week/

TheOutlawTree

"Time to ditch Nevada county" - No it is absolutely not time nor will it ever be.

I looked into that guy on instagram who just got a notice for gh and noticed that not long ago his neighbors house blew up / burned down from bho production accident - probably a huge reason they were watching the area and wanting to shut him down....what about the other thousands upon thousands of unpermitted greenhouses that haven't got a notice?

Best of luck in Nevada county this year people keep your neighbors happy and your property clean

FreedomGrower

Veteran
They gave notices to half the people on my block last year, just no one ever showed up ... what I'm getting at is the county is determined to drag this out as long as possible, and I do not see long term Favorable regs even in most permitted counties ... that being said I'm just doing 6 this year in 600's gallons as my neighbors just all doubled there greenhouse space and are asking for trouble.

FreedomGrower

Veteran
http://www.aspoa.org/News/35586~393283

April 2017 District II Update by Ed Scofield
1ptrans.gif

Scofield%2071%20web.jpg
In promoting economic development in Nevada County where do you think the marketing emphasis should be placed? Are we missing a golden opportunity to seize a leadership position in an emerging segment of California’s economy, the recreational pot business?
The Nevada County Economic Resource Council (ERC) brought in a team of expert consultants to determine what makes Nevada County unique and more marketable from other rural counties. Quality of life, recreation, history, and even cannabis was identified; however, none of these made us unique from other counties. Their conclusion: We have a 50-year legacy in video broadcast technology and digital media, thriving creative arts sector, and many environmental attributes from the Yuba River to the Sierra. This could be used to attract individuals, families and businesses as an alternative that gets them out of the high cost, high stress and congestion of metro areas, but keeps them in technology. Thus, the ERC, with County support, has a philosophy of indirectly showcasing tourism, arts, and agriculture while marketing and emphasizing our Tech community.
Subsequently, the Green Screen Institute was created that is aimed at the virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) markets that are expected to grow over $100 billion globally in 5 years. As part of its efforts, the ERC is attempting to build an ecosystem of industry contacts to develop a Center of Excellence as the industry matures. The ERC goes beyond the Green Screen Institute and creates the concept of a Digital Media Campus whereby programs such as Connected Communities Academy bring industry classes that foster tech-based skills development; and, the Nevada County Tech Connection focusing on talent development recruitment, education and marketing of our tech industry and our County. In this context, VR and AR mean much more than producing headsets.
Should the County be doing more to promote the cannabis industry now that California has made recreational marijuana legal?
Cannabis is still a federal schedule 1 illegal drug; and, commercial grows in our County are not allowed. Put these two points aside and again ask yourself, where should tax dollars be spent to market economic development?
Speaking with Jon Gregory, ERC Executive Director, he noted, “While cannabis may have significant economic impact, in terms of a cash economy, does that really translate into high income for the workers that is on a par with tech?”
Even if all the negative issues surrounding cannabis cultivation were resolved, is cannabis really what we want as our County brand? Our County moto could be, “You can Smell our Success.”
The process continues. Yes, it seems slow and bureaucratic; but it takes time to develop a permit system for the cultivation of a plant that is considered illegal in most countries in the world, and can have an adverse impact on neighbors and neighborhoods.
In the meantime, ask yourself once again: how would you like to see our County marketed? Come join us as we become the “Cannabis Capital of California,” or “Discover Nevada County, the California Tech Alternative.”