What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevada County

FreedomGrower

Veteran
From Heather L. Burke:Sheriff Royal intends to seek a presidential appointment as THE federal Marshall for the Eastern District?! With Drumpf at the helm, and Royal as his bag man, we must stay the course of prudency in all cannabis related activities, particularly commercial activity under P64 since the Congressional budget riders as currently drafted only protect medical. If your advisors told you to run out and get your BOE sellers permit because they thought it would get you "priority" in the new world, with no analysis of what a marijuana "sellers permit" sounds like to a fed, nor with any discussion of the possible changes of federal priorities many of us have been guarding against, it's time to start looking for new advisors. This could be a fucking game changer for Eastern District folks, like Nevada, Yuba, Sierra, El Dorado, Placer, Sutter, Butte, etc. in 2018. #realtalk #fdt

FreedomGrower

Veteran
I'm scurred we are going to be royally screwed ... he wants this job in two years ... Foster is not getting endorsed and will be tainted as to old and pro cannabis ... Royal is dead set on keeping cannabis businesses .. illegal ... looks like he wants for power and to hand pick our successor for our county ... we will know how screwed we will continue to be when they write the permanent ordinance for the spring ... so far they said no outdoor rec plants ... Also since we had Jim Reed lose to Doug again expect push back

Since Placer County has put a ban in place with an additional $600K for enforcement Im selling my property. Nevada County would be my first choice for a number of reasons.

Any suggestions? Location, lot size, etc. Im hearing some news might come from the board in February. Wish I didn't have to move but I don't see much of an alternative if I want to be outdoor.

Thanks for the reply Free Grow. Having grown indoor and out in the Deep Dirty South for many years Im well aware of the type of fear a tool like Sessions can bring out in a man. But that won't stop us...never has, never will.

Im more interested to know why you think there will be a residency requirement. Has the board or Growers Alliance discussed that previously? Off the top of my head can't think of another county that has done that. Any info helps. Im pretty stressed right now but I suppose its good I have a few options as far as where to go.

FreedomGrower

Veteran
https://www.scribd.com/document/318771316/Final-recommendations-from-grow-advocates#from_embed

The liberals lobbying for the county now are sellouts ... cal growers / Nevada County Cannabis Alliance

They decided that working with other cannabis groups is to hard, so basically said join them or your opinion doesn't count types ...

This is what they pushed for and got sausage instead due to not pushing hard enough ...

https://www.scribd.com/document/318771316/Final-recommendations-from-grow-advocates#from_embed

Introduction of a 2 year residency clause or a moratorium to mitigate fears around a massive influx of growers despite an abnormally low real estate
inventory

Last edited:

FreedomGrower

Veteran
Every county currently allowing commercial cultivation currently required you to be already registered by 2016 ... Santa Cruz, Calaverous, Humboldt, and Mendo.

Thanks so much for the info Free Grow. Really appreciate the doc you attached.

Totally understand that those counties you mentioned required you to be registered by end of '16 but I have not heard of any other county allowing to be "grandfathered" in. As in needing to establish residency for 2 years like they are doing in OR. But I admit Im not up to speed on every counties regs.

Again, Thanks for your time and input. That pic had me LOL'ing

FreedomGrower

Veteran
This is why it's so hard for me to want to help the NCCA or CGA ...
If you built s greenhouse to county code / permitted ... there is no way that they can require you to get more permits after the fact ...

Now if you did illegal grading and put up your greenhouse illegally like some of there members I really don't have much to say

Last edited:

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
appreciate updated info Freedom..............

no lists for me..........once ya on it ...never off.............you be the first visited.........and categorized for future.........

ganj on.........

FreedomGrower

Veteran
The county already has done enough fly overs / google maps to identify over 2k growers ... They already have the list ... now they are looking for any activity to get the fine $$$

If they are going to require a residency I just would like to know the details on that so I know to head up ther or look elsewhere. If I bought next month seems like I would be ok for 2 year residency by Feb of 2019 which seems will be the timetable for full compliance. But who knows...

Latest posts

Latest posts