What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nevada County

Gr33nman

any sort of updates? getting ready to move on to ten acres up in rough and ready and not sure how many plants to plan on planting

redlaser

Veteran
If you want to be a licensed grower it’s possible, within their zoning limitations.
Otherwise outdoor is not permitted. County can’t do a lot about indoors unless they find out about it, then it has to be basically in a garage or separate building, with all applicable permits and up to code.
County website has info

Even if you are not going the permitted route you will be asked to enroll in the water board system, where they will want assurances you aren’t polluting or stealing water.
Water board uses google to see if anyone grew on the property in recent years, then they send letter.
Recently they are focused on watersheds feeding the Yuba, but others are getting the letters as well.
The Water board, fish and game dept, pesticide regulation guys have different “get legal” seminars that they put on throughout the state where they are somewhat transparent in how things work.

CrushnYuba

As far as i know, you can't get a licence for residential zoned property. Meaning something zoned ag residential doesn't cut it.
Has to be straight ag zoned, timber zoned, commercial. Most everything out there is zoned res or res ag.

redlaser

Veteran
I think it’s about 300-350 licenses that the supervisors are estimating they need to issue to get their projected revenue from measure g they just passed. Not sure how many licenses to date, was ten two months ago.
Over a hundred applied recently when they cut some requirement in order for people to beat end of year dead lines. Not sure how many passed.

Anyway, looks like they will be way short of projections so maybe some incentive to include residential Ag properties, especially 10 acreage or more. Mendocino county is starting some res ag, or maybe they were still in talks.

FreedomGrower

Veteran
The county consultant is behind on getting the EIR done ... after that they have to pass the new ordnance ... The list is just to sign up is just to have first chance to get local approval under the new ordinance, no guaranteeing your property meets the requirements ... It will take 1-12 months after to get approval ...

I will be surprised if more than 20 farms are able to cultivate legally this year ...

I have 15 acre AG parcel but will be do nothing until I see an ordinance passed and only then will I start construction on an indoor room as the price of legal outdoor has tanked ...

Most ag properties are on private dirt roads the EIR may propose that they may have to be paved or meet the county requirements ...

FreedomGrower

Veteran
https://www.theunion.com/news/local...oyal-reflects-on-a-career-in-law-enforcement/

Cannabis
Marijuana hasn't taken center stage throughout Royal's career, though it's played a large role over the past three years.
Royal has made his opinion of it extremely clear.
The sheriff in January 2016 brought the issue of a total outdoor grow ban to supervisors, who passed it. However, a vote of the people failed to ban it, leading to the creation of regulated cultivation in Nevada County — a process that's still in the works.
Royal understands that California has moved into a new, legal phase of cannabis. He said he supports people helped by medicinal marijuana.
"What we see is recreational use," he added. "If we can protect people from the nuisance issues, I've done my job. That's kind of where I stand."
Royal didn't think Proposition 64 — the voter initiative that in November 2016 legalized recreational use — would pass. It did.
In a twist, Prop 64's passage could help with the nuisance problem. Royal said he thinks large companies will cultivate on a massive scale, which could push some smaller farms like those in Nevada County out of business.

https://www.theunion.com/news/local...s-suit-against-nevada-county-sheriffs-office/

Last edited:

Gr33nman

wow. when i found out about the property i planned on killing it. that said i have recently decided that i will most likely just homestead it and grow personally. a mix of indoor and out was the plan. i know practically every neighbor is growing in some fasion it shows on google earth so figured id be good if i kept it small. shouldnt need more than 30 packs or so a year . lol but seriously keep going back and forth on the idea. shitty that the local government every where are being so restrictive.

FreedomGrower

Veteran

Attachments

• bs2.jpg
    bs2.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 47
  • bs1.jpg
    bs1.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 46

FreedomGrower

Veteran
https://mailchi.mp/4862c1164c0b/alert-nevada-county-update-jan-2019?e=549b818508

The Collective/Cooperative Defense is Dead.
Not only is the collective/cooperative defense dead as of January 9th, 2019, the state can’t issue a license to anyone who has been “sanctioned” for unlicensed commercial activity for three years. Plus, while an ordinance “ticket” can kick you out of the regulated system, unregulated cultivation may also result in fines, penalties, and assessments that reach astronomical amounts (and in some instances can be levied against the property). The kicker is that failure to have state approval denies folks much needed protection from the feds under Rohrabacher – Blumenauer, so it all works together to paint a very painful picture for the future of unregulated cannabis activity.

Unlicensed cultivation is not a viable path forward and--with the death of the collective/cooperative--it will soon become very clear who is compliant and who is not. And it won't be pretty.

FreedomGrower

Veteran
https://www.theunion.com/news/local...Iz2R9r0quhBaNpcPfsVvQ_Ig8wUqAu4rAD3qAPWP1_9YI

Yet, blurring medical and recreational marijuana, and issues pertaining to the cannabis underground economy, haven't just hurt such nonprofits, they've also strained legal business, according to the owner of western Nevada County's only cannabis dispensary.
Batchelor, of Elevation 2477, said between the black market and the numerous taxes legal businesses need to pay in order to grow, sell and distribute cannabis, it's difficult for medical marijuana shops to compete, and turn a significant profit.
"We're competing with the black market every day," Batchelor told the crowd.
Because of that, he said, the state of California has brought in about "one-third less" in tax revenue than had been anticipated when marijuana became legal for recreational use.
"They said there's going to be millions of dollars made in the industry," said Batchelor. "I think there will be millions of dollars lost as well."

redlaser

Veteran
https://eastcountytoday.net/lawmakers-seek-cannabis-tax-cut-to-combat-black-market-in-ab-286/

On 1/27/2019 they proposed AB 286 which would eliminate the 9.40 an ounce tax on cultivators, and lower excise tax from 15% -11%.

Also in that is a proposal for 100 million for Enforcement, bringing back the Bureau of Narcotics Enforcement to help.

They asked for 75 million last year and didn’t get it.

Here is a link to the news conference talking about AB 286, the tax parts and the 100 million enforcement part. Enforcement starts about 16:20 in the video.
stuffstonerslike.com/pro-pot-politicians-seek-100-million-major-cannabis-crackdown/

sourD

Are they really moving that fast? They are moving much slower in the triangle with written out search warrants including arial photos, owner info, well info, water board stuff, ect. They are only doing 1 or 2 per day per 15+ vehicle convoy. Just wondering...

FreedomGrower

Veteran
They are only taking out 5-10 large farms a day ... T

this county prolly only has about 100 grows that are over a 1/2 acre but they are grouped together with semi to easy to access roads with allot pretty close to town

... those seem to be the ones they are targeting, anything in the watershed map . ...

Last edited: